My boyfriend treats my son badly and doesn't contribute anything: What should I do?

Walk away… running would be better… your kids are watching this… please leave for yourself and your children…

1 Like

Cut your losses. Your already doing everything on your own anyway. Pack his shit leave it outside and change your locks. Your not his mother.

It won’t get better and no man is worth hurting your son. Dump the guy and hug you son!!!

2 Likes

Boys will grow up with all that hate and they will turn out just like him, just tell him to move out, because your kids come first ,like his kids come first to him!

2 Likes

Move on. It wont get better n ur son dnt deserve to be treated like shit

Kick his a$$ out do for you and your kids if he’s a grown man he should be helping you not making you do everything

2 Likes

Kick him out before your in too deep. Are you pregnant with his child? Taking care of your children are the most important thing you need to do right now. You don’t know now that he can have a negative impact on them for the rest of their lives and the type of man that your boys become. Do you want them to be like him?

1 Like

Get rid of him! Treating ur son bad and sucking you dry. Hell NO!

I only had to read the first line of this to tell you what I think. Chose your child over ANYONE and anything. It is your job to protect that baby.

5 Likes

Kick him out! He sounds like a mooch, this is your and your children’s home! He doesn’t sound like much of a provider, most likely won’t change.

Don’t leave your house and your self sufficiency!

It sounds like he’s just using you to get a bigger house. Some of the tensions and irritability may be down to pregnancy but there are clear lines like swearing at your son and not contributing. Real red flags. Don’t give up your independence. I was harassed into moving from the home id had for years into a joint tenancy during pregnancy and I ended up losing everything.

1 Like

It won’t get any better :pensive:

You know the answer stand up for your kids it’s not a difficult solution. Kick his ass to the curb. I would NEVER stand for anyone mistreating my child.

I’d tell him to hit the road! It’s hard to mix kids and even worse when he doesn’t help financially for his own kids etc.

1 Like

Why are you still with him?

The first time anyone disrespects your children, should be the last

7 Likes

You have officially put a man over your child. Congrats. Why is this even a question.

8 Likes

Kick his ass to the curb

Id be done! No man is worth that shit If he don’t help! Out the door when u disrespect me and my son’s!

Your childs safety comes first and only matter of time before he is physically abusive. Kick him out! Leave that guy

1 Like

Apparently your supporting them all and your not married and your very unhappy so why not ask him to leave and let yourself and son be happy

1 Like

If he’s not on the lease kick him out. If he’s lived there a certain amount of time and receives mail, you would have to file for him to be served with an eviction notice. That is absolutely toxic and I would not tolerate anyone treating my child like that, not even the person I’m with. Protect your children.

3 Likes

I stopped reading this after “ My boyfriend treats my son badly.” Really?? Is that not a good enough reason to KNOW what you should do!? Pick you child!
Every damn day, choose your child first.

Just know this… if he ain’t helping you now, what makes you think he gots you later???.. I would respect my kids enough to keep them in THEIR comfort zone and tell your bf he can go and find someone else!! The main “stress” of being grown is having your finances together!!! $200 is NOTHING!!! Especially having your kids!!! Let him go! Someone who will treat you and the kids right will come when it’s time!!! It’s easier than you think being a single momma. Your kids will appreciate it more too. :heart:

4 Likes

Wait you’re pregnant. Is that his baby?? If so, communicate with him. Work it out. Jeez, people are so quick to leave and jump ship. Leaving has consequences as well as staying. Write out the pros and cons. If he is not willing to start contributing and the bad outweighs the good THEN leave.

3 Likes

Help? Help yourself dude. You’re letting a man treat your KIDS like shit… you have nobody to blame but yourself. You kick him and his kids out, they are NOT your problem or your responsibility… have some common sense… nobody comes before your kids, not even yourself. Do the right thing. Your kids need a strong mother :woman_shrugging:

Tell him to pack his crap and leave. Honestly if you feel that way already its resentment. Your children come first and it seems he’s just bumming off you anyways.

5 Likes

Sounds to me like he needs to find himself a new partner, and you also need yourself a new partner. With those attitudes it’s bound to not work out for the best in the interest of the children, or either of you “adults”.

Sounds like that dude doesn’t want to take accountability or help provide for his family… also don’t stand for someone being mean to your kid… your son sees that you are allowing it. I just left a relationship mainly because he was very mean to my daughters… I can handle anything the one thing I can’t handle and won’t tolerate is someone being mean to my kids

3 Likes

Leave! Kick his ass to the curb! Duh

Time for him to go. If you are comfortable where you are and can afford it. HE HAS TO GO! A bigger place and another child is only going to add to your stress. Remember you are going to have more daycare to go back to work after delivery too. Best wishes. Been there and done that. If he isn’t stepping up he will drag you down.

I think you just answered your own question, as hard as it is with a baby along the way…
Is it really worth it?
I think not…

1 Like

Get him out while you can. I know it’s hard but men don’t change.

He sounds like a bum, kick his ass out!!!

It won’t get any better sweetie and if he treats your son badly now that to will get worse,never allow a man to speak badly too your children that’s definitely a good reason to boot that man that asshole to the curb NOW!!

It will not get better. Please play your children above him. He isn’t showing any type of support and no need for you take on my financial stress with no signs of help.

Why are you calling his kids annoying but complaining about him swearing at yours? Sounds like y’all need to end shit cuz the kids are getting the shit end of it all.

Kick him out he doing that he will never change

Just wondering you said you have two boys but you keep saying he treats your son bad so does he treats them both bad or just one. Either way isnt right

2 Likes

It’s so sad when you hear someone asking for advice when you say he is mean to your child…

2 Likes

ur wasting ur time ur money and ur space on someone who isin’t willing to do the same for u, u need to break up with him worry about ur kids first and worry about being a mother first instead of worrying about some stupid bf of urs trying to mistreat ur children before things get worse!

1 Like

Put your kids 1st, dont continue to allow him to mistreat them, he’s being put 1st and that’s wrong. Put him and his kids out. That’s your home, for your kids. Him being there is just taking from your kids anyway as he doesn’t contribute. Put him out.
And never resent kids… regardless… They’re just children, like yours…

2 Likes

Help him pack! If he wants a new place, tell him to find one, at his expense, because you are staying there. He is no longer welcome!

Leave now. It will never get better

Leave now it won’t get better and it will mess with your kids heads, No man is worth it

1 Like

Walk away before it turns out to be bigger than what you want it to be. I was in a situation like that and didn’t think it was wrong. Married the man and he beat me for 14 years. I was terrified of him so I never left. Your kids deserve better love than what he is giving them. Also no kid gets treated differently in my eyes. Plus you need to be loved by a man that will help support you and your kiddos. Tell him to get out of your house. Don’t move because you’ll be stuck with everything.

Kick him and his stuff out ASAP! It will only get worse. He is a freeloader.

1 Like

This shouldn’t even be a question. He is bad to your child. Period. That alone is enough. The lack of contribution is just icing on the cake. Cut ties.

Get rid of him! You should ALWAYS put your kids first before another man !

2 Likes

You don’t want his kids back there!? Well they are kids, they are a package deal and before you knew better you went and got yourself pregnant! How do you expect this to work when you aren’t even acting like an adult here? Also he sounds like a child too, kick his ass out and stay in your $200 a month place because once you give that up you will be sorry you did. If he doesn’t contribute now he’s not going to start later!

Get rid of that looser. Lol :joy: sounds like he is a leech just using you for a place to stay. Oh and as for how he treats your kid…heck no …he has to go 🤷

1 Like

Get the police to remove him, your place not his

2 Likes

Boy, bye. Not sure what the dilemma is

3 Likes

Leave him you need to think about you and your child if he is mean to you don’t you think he will turn abusive and mean to your child leave quick before someone suffers.

2 Likes

Pick your son over this turd and kick him to the curb!!

2 Likes

Am I the only one thinking, it’s too early in the day for this shi*?? :roll_eyes: Couldn’t we start off Monday morning with a diaper rash question? 🤦

4 Likes

Hell no!!
Put your kids first.
Nothing comes before your children.

1 Like

You really don’t know what to do??? Smh

1 Like

…if he moved IN tell him to move OUT.
if someone was mistreating my children i wouldn’t have to think about what i “should do”. they can kick rocks

4 Likes

Let me just put this out there … STOP PUTTING MEN BEFORE YOUR CHILDREN. This shouldn’t even have to be said or questioned. NOBODY deserves to be put over your child.

7 Likes

Girl run away . It only gets worst

Red flags are up all over this shit!

First who asked initially for him to move in? Was there a talks about him moving all of his crap in? Was there talks that his children were going to be over a lot so he had to have all of his kids stuff?

Second does this man have a drinking problem or was he abused when he was younger?

third you need to have an ultimatum with this man tell him you don’t start paying up on your end of the bills and the rent you can get the f*** out.

Get rid of boyfriend

Pack all his crap (including the kids) when he’s at work, have someone come and change the locks and kick him out.

Kick his horrible arse out and to the kerb. Bye Felicia!

What a horrible situation.

You have affordable housing that’s comfortable for you and your kids.
Tell him to get his own place before his abusive behaviour escalates and take it from someone who has had 17+yrs of FDV it will get worse.

Pack him up and get him out then block him on everything and cease all contact.

Your sons mental health and emotional well-being is what’s the most important here. Not this fuck wit and his children.

Seems like you guys aren’t the right fit for one another and those kids don’t need to be in an environment where either 4 feels belittled. IMO end it.

It will not get better, it will get worse.

1 Like

Kids first always!!!

He has to go…end it now before it gets worst

3 Likes

Put his stuff out on the street and change the locks!!!

3 Likes

If you have to ask this… smh

2 Likes

Kick him out simple

1 Like

Not contributing but thinks he rules the roost, uh, see ya later. Kick his ass to the curb and don’t look back. Never allow anyone to treat your children poorly because you’ll be the one resented later, not him.

Sounds like he’s using you get rid of him. Is he on the lease? Kick him out!

1 Like

Kick his ass out…and dont let him back…anyone who treats your kids that way shouldnt be there.

Get out now. Period.

1 Like

I don’t believe this is ever going to work. First it sounds like you don’t like his kids and he doesn’t like yours. 2nd he is not help paying anything?. He wouldn’t of moved in if it were me.

You really needed to ask what you should do?

1 Like

First things first your kids come first over everything 2 talk to him tell him the way you feel and if that don’t work tell him to beat it cause his not welcome in your home anymore!!!

How is this even a question. Your kids verses some dick? Tf outta here with that shit.

I think you know what you should do. But will you do it?

1 Like

I ended this relationship in my head before I was half way through reading the post. LEAVE!! It won’t get better just worse. The boundaries have been set and he is forever comfortable disrespecting y’all. Your kids come first!! Always!!! Your kids come first

5 Likes

Is this a serious question?
If someone was to speak to my child inappropriately, they would be out the door before they finished the sentence.

3 Likes

He would have already been gone the minute he swore at my child never mind the rest of the crap the dude is doing.

2 Likes

Girl RUUUNNN!!! DO NOT WALK!!! RUNNNNN!!!
pack his crap and let it sit outside!! He isnt a man and you deserve something better!!

2 Likes

hes not paying send him on his way i wouldnt have it wanting more when hes already not helping

Throw him out please!!

1 Like

Put your son first! I’d tell him to move out ASAP!

1 Like

He is taking advantage of you!! & treating your child(ren) bad… NO Mam he should be paying the bills and loving your children because they are apart of you and he’s supposed to love you… plus they are children … plus he has his own children that he expects you & your children to love… Say NO don’t put up with it - it will only get worse… plus if he is treating him that way he obviously dosen’t like your son - that dosen’t get better… He has already made up his mind that his children are some how better or more important… instead of solving the problems between the two( or more) kids… & make them feel like a family unit together , that turns them against each other and causes the parents & children to have hard feelings… Your son already wants to MOVE away from him/ them … Put him out… Plus your definitely Not Going to get Rent that cheap anywhere else. Don’t let him put you in a position where you can’t take care of your children ESPECIALLY SINCE HE DOESN’T PAY ANYTHING!! So NO Do Not Put yourself and your children in a bad situation or Jeopardize y’alls piece of mind, a stable home or environment.

1 Like

Id be done the very first time some asshole thought he could cuss at my child. He needs to move out and learn some responsibility. Sounds like hes a loser and you’re going nowhere but down if you let him stay.

Kick him to the curb

The fact that you are even asking this…:roll_eyes:Get out and protect your child! He’s a boyfriend, who by the way it sounds does nothing to contribute. He’s cussing at your son and he sounds like a mooch.

4 Likes

Girl get out! I was in a very similar situation and I know it’s hard to put someone out, I get it. But your son doesn’t deserve that shit because it’s hard to put someone out. Get your home back, get your sanctuary back and put that dude out

You know what you have to do, don’t be a doormat you and your sons deserve better. Life will be tough but you can do it your sons need you more.

He needs gone always put your kids first!!!

I would bail. It will only get worse the way he treats your kiddo.

Read your question and pretend it’s not you who is asking,what would you advise that person to do?

2 Likes

I hope you don’t stay with him if he treats your child like this leave him your child
Comes first kick his butt too the curb don’t stay

2 Likes

It sounds like neither of you needs to be with anyone who has kids of their own.

Done. Kick him out. Don’t settle for less. You need a man that’s going to love you AND your children. Give him a couple of weeks to find a new place and get all his stuff out. Other than that, I’d call the cops and have him removed. POS.

1 Like