My Boyfriend Will Not Change My Cat Litter

This question was submitted to our community via our Facebook page and/or our Answers forum. Responses are also taken from the community. If you have your own parenting or relationship question you would like answers to, submit on Facebook or Answers.

QUESTION:

"I am 24 weeks pregnant and have 3 cats…i live alone as my boyfriend needs to be in his own home to take care of his sick mom…when he comes over he REFUSES to change my cat's litter and I am starting to get annoyed by this…we all know it is not good for a pregnant person to change cat litter and he despises cats, says they are not his so he shouldn't have to change it…this makes me worried for how he will treat our baby when she is born…cats are easy to care for and babies not so much… I also don't understand why he doesn't care for my well-being? how can I convince him to change the litter and make him aware of how dangerous it is for me to do it"

RELATED: Grandma Forbids Daughter To Go Through With Pregnancy, Reddit Thinks She Is Right

TOP ANSWERS (AS SELECTED BY MODERATOR):

The following top answers have been selected by a moderator from hundreds of responses to the original question.

"It may not be his cat but that’s his baby, right? You’re his girlfriend, right? He should help especially if it’s pertaining to something that could hurt either of you. He needs to man up."

"Changing the cats litter can be fatal. I would stress the significance of how dangerous it actually is and that it’s not because you just don’t want to. If he still won’t help, I would look into some sort of filtration mask for when you do change the litter"

"Changing cat litter can be harmful if you are pregnant send him factual info and educate his dumbass"

"Wear gloves and a mask and do it yourself. Wash your hands, with soap, when done. You’ll be fine"

"Put on some gloves and a mask"

"I have cats, I changed their litter myself during pregnancy. I wore a mask, gloves and washed my hands afterwards. It’s not difficult…"

"Mask and gloves and wash your hands well with an antibacterial soap afterward you’ll be ok. Sorry he’s acting like this. Is he not used to cats this could be why"

"If he won’t change the litter, he ain’t gonna change diapers either! Good luck with him"

"I changed my cats litter box during all my pregnancies… I just proper measures such as gloves and mask over mouth and nose… never had a problem"

"U can always wear a respirator mask . Put some latex gloves on . I would also buy litter that has minimal litter dust . And scoop it daily so there’s not a lot."

Have a response to this question? Leave it below to help a mama out! Or leave your own question and get responses from real moms!

READ ALL ANSWERS BELOW:

I’m sorry you got pregnant by an apparent prick. Good luck to you and your offspring.

DUH ! simple ! buy one of the high-tech literboxes like the one that connects to water line and liquefies the poop and flushes it down the toilet ! all you need do is change the cartridges ! never have to touch the litter !

get the optional cover !

CAT GENIE !

someone DONATE the $ ( about $400 -500 + ) so she can buy one !and some extra cartridges

AND the optional cover and some handyman or ANGIE donate the labor to hook it up ! problem SOLVED !

WHY the world NEEDS GOOD MEN to solve problems! ![:rofl:why are women SO damn helpless! ![:rofl:|this product is awesome !

I’D PRINT INFORMATION ON WHAT IT CAN DO, IF YOU CHANGE THE CAT LITTER, AND IF HE’S NOT WILLING TO HELP, SINCE IT TAKES 2 TO GET PREGNANT, I’D DUMP HIM. IF HE’S NOT PUTTING YOU & THE BABY’S HEALTH FIRST, WHAT IS HE GOING TO DO WHEN THEY ARE 7 OR 8 AND, GET STREP THROAT OR PINK EYE?