My boyfriend won't do anything with me that he did with his ex: Thoughts?

I'm currently with a man. We have been on and off for a couple of years now. And he has an ex-wife well when I ask him to cook or do anything of the such he says there is only one person who has tasted my cooking or has got me to do such and when I ask him who he tells the person u do not like. Referring to his ex-wife. (Keep in mind his ex-wife is what u would call a narcissistic person using his son against him.) Am I wrong to feel like when it comes to anything he has done with his ex, he doesn't want to do it with me. Keep in mind we have talked about having a child together, but when I say something about both of us getting checked even tho we both have kids prior to our relationship. He says no, he will not be checked. I want to get checked bc I was on the depo shot and haven't had a monthly. Again my question is, am I wrong to feel like when it comes to doing with anything he has done with his ex, he don't want to do with me.
41 Likes

That’s odd. But it sounds to me that he still has feelings for her. Or maybe he is still affected but how she treated him :frowning:

He’s just not that into you.

45 Likes

Get rid of him! Everyone one of us moves on and we all do things that we have done with an ex. He is pretty much telling you he is stuck on his ex!

15 Likes

Please don’t procreate with this man. It not because he did it with his ex. It’s because he just doesn’t want to do it with you.

36 Likes

why have a kid with an on and off guy still wanting his ex wife ? hes using you

24 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t4: what she said ^
Find you a man that is willing to get over his past! There are men out there that will help with cooking and cleaning and cater to you! Girl! Say boy bye :v:t4:and find someone who will treat you right ! You :clap:t4: deserve :clap:t4: better!

10 Likes

Your a beautiful person find a beautiful person like yourself

2 Likes

Sounds like a bunch of stressful drama. Drop him.

1 Like

You need to reevaluate having a child with a man that doesn’t want to committ to you.
He doesn’t want to be with you. And he’s not over the break up with his ex.
You should know, you’ve been on and off.
If he can’t compromise and help and you can’t even get roles established why mess with this mess of a “man”?

10 Likes

Seriously, don’t have a baby with this guy! He can’t even do a simple task for you because he did that for his ex. How does having a baby with him seem like a good idea? He’s making an excuse, and a lame one at that. What does cooking for his ex have to do with cooking for someone else anyway? Fun fact: a person can cook for multiple people over the course of their life.

13 Likes

You can feel, how you feel. But he isn’t under any obligation to cook for you if he doesn’t want to. If this is a deal breaker for you, then you should move on. Otherwise let it go

He doesn’t hold you to the same standard as her. Meaning. Your not her. He will never give you what he gave her. He’s just not that into you

13 Likes

Do not have a kid with him. Would he treat your guys kid the same way he treats theirs? He clearly likes his ex more than you and wants you to know it. Kick him to curb wth.

4 Likes

You don’t need him. Kick him to the curb.

1 Like

Why do women waste their time on men like this? KNOW YOUR WORTH!

5 Likes

Please don’t have a baby with this guy, a child deserves a dad who loves his or her mother unconditionally, and this is not the guy.

8 Likes

It sounds like he would run back to his ex if given the chance.

10 Likes

Girl go on !!! Do not give this man any children.

2 Likes

This boy sounds childish n needs to grow tf up

1 Like

Why are you with him?
What does he bring to your life besides disrespect & bs??

5 Likes

Girl move along. Quickly.

1 Like

I think he’s the narcissist :joy:

5 Likes

Run fast and far!!! Send him back to the ex he still wants.

2 Likes

He is stuck in his past…get out!

2 Likes

Say you can’t do the thing he likes because you did it with your ex :rofl:

11 Likes

Ummmmm bye already :thinking:

1 Like

I wouldn’t stick with him. He put more effort into her and NONE into you! Know your worth leave before you get to attached! Sounds like he is still in love with his ex after all. I sure in the hell wouldn’t want a baby with him. You’ll be the only one attending to that child.

3 Likes

Good them his ex can cook and clean for him as well

3 Likes

He’s clearly not over her.

3 Likes

Oh no …hes making it very clear. This is not good. I would leave. Let him have his ex

1 Like

Comparison of the thief of joy.

It’s all laid out for you. All you have to do is accept what is and either deal with it or don’t. You decide if you will stay but understand that you ACCEPT this.

Value yourself.you do deserve better.

My ex was like this. It wasn’t his ex who was narristictic. It was him. Well maybe both. RUN!

2 Likes

Girl…you need to leave him…yesterday. And for the love of god, please don’t procreate with him

12 Likes

Turn it back on him. Stop doing stuff for him and be like I only did that for my ex. See how he likes it. People tend to change their tune when served a piece of their own medicine. And if he doesn’t like it then say fuck it go back to your ex then. He won’t stop the bullshit if you keep allowing it.

He sounds like a moron

2 Likes

Are you sure she’s the narcissist?

7 Likes

move on, NO baby !!

He isn’t over her. Find someone that wants to do things with you and for you and not hung up on someone of the past.

8 Likes

Stay with him and accept that is how it is or leave, but if you stay please don’t bring a baby into that horrible mess.

8 Likes

Why would you even be with him?

This can’t be a serious question :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

I’m sorry but he says that to your face? Honey… leave.

Honey I think the narcissist is him!
Sounds like a total lunatic run for the hills

2 Likes

Um no. That’s insanity.

A couple different perspective from 3 of my personalities.
1.] He was taken advantage of financially, emotionally, etc. And is making sure that NEVER happens again. So he does the minimal(Typical trauma response)
2.) Fears you leaving him and again, is doing the minimum so that it hurts less when you do break his heart (also a typical trauma response)
3.) He’s not that into you perhaps
Either way sounds like he needs therapy and you need to gtfo.
Sending lots of love

6 Likes

He is still hung up on his ex…run!!

1 Like

I mean, it’s this what you want to deal with for the rest of your life? He sounds childish.

Run girl and fast definitely DO NOT even think about bringing a child into this.

1 Like

Just gross. I couldn’t imagine feeling like I’m trying to compete with a ex in my relationship. Dude sounds super immature. Don’t have no babies with him, he already did that with his ex :woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2::woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Time to leave. He won’t cook for you because he cooked for his ex? Girl bye. You deserve better.

4 Likes

He sounds like the narcissist

2 Likes

You lost me at “we’ve been on and off a couple years now”. Move on already.

10 Likes

Girl he doesn’t love you or want a child with you. Lord have mercy, read what you wrote and ask yourself what you’d say if someone asked you the exact same thing. He wants his ex wife

8 Likes

Next time he asks for BJ… tell him you can’t Bc you did it to your ex.

22 Likes

Find someone who enjoys your company.

Can’t believe you keep going back to that piece of sh**!!!

You should be checked regularly regardless when you get your Pap smears and you can ask for the additional testing that’s not included. You need pap smears even if ur not having sex and the fact he dont want to be tested is ALARMING!!! WE NEED REGULAR GYNO VISITS FOR MANY REASONS!!

1 Like

Do you guys have sex lmao be careful he did that with his ex wife too

5 Likes

Hes extremely immature. If I were you,I’d RUN!

Don’t walk away… RUN!!!

1 Like

This doesn’t sound like competition to me, spunds like hes afraid to put himself out and open to someone like that again… either way its an issue that will result in ur relationship failing if he doesn’t try

1 Like

That’s fucking weird in general to just keep finding reasons to bring her up like that trust me run lol

Why are you even staying with him, let alone thinking of having a child with him!? Yikes. Run.

1 Like

He said “I do” to his ex, do you really believe he will ever say it to you? Wake up sweetheart. You deserve better! Good luck.

A man will do right for the right woman…you obviously are not it. I’d bet he’s still hung up on the ex. Run…run far, run fast…and for the love of god, don’t reproduce with this man!

1 Like

Maybe you ought to ask him why he is with you? Save yourself girl

Sounds like a prick. What sort of person throws their ex at their current partner and expects to keep them? Love yourself gf. Leave him.

7 Likes

Don’t start having babies with this man, I can tell you that!

4 Likes

I mean…he could just have his guard up. Y’all have been OFF AND ON for a couple years. But does anybody else feel like all these questions are fake?..

1 Like

Wtf, he’s still hooked on his ex. If he can’t commit fully let him go. You deserve someone who is 100% in love with you.

2 Likes

He still loves his ex

1 Like

Run far away from this man.

4 Likes

Next time he wants sex, tell him you can’t, you did that with your ex…

17 Likes

Girl please run!!! Leave him alone

Sounds like he’s still in love with her, and would go back to her if she wanted him. That child of his is an excuss he’s using.
U need to move on, he dont love you, if he did, he wouldn’t kept bringing her up. One big hurt is better then all those little ones he’s going to cause you. Dont walk, run and tell him to stay the hell away from you, gound a man that will love you and have ni baggage.

2 Likes

Sounds like someone broke him and his not really -willing to put himself out there again. Counselling

How on earth do some women put up with this crap then say you want a baby with him. :woman_facepalming:

16 Likes

Another question, why would you want a child with him for the way he treats you, do you not think he will throw up his son to you saying their child is better th as n the one he would have with you. What’s the matter with you, why would you want to bring a child into your messed up relationship with him. A child want make it any better or make him love you. Dont bring a child into this messed up relationship you have with him…

5 Likes

Im so sorry. You don’t deserve to feel like you’re not good enough. I would leave amd stay gone. He isn’t worth it.

No u are not wrong your your relationship is going no wear so I would do some hard thinking about it leave or stay

1 Like

Sounds like he is either still hurting from the relationship or he’s not over her. U can be in a relationship, Move on thinking your completely over it but the hurt is still there which doesn’t necessarily mean that he misses her or loves her or wants to be with her etc. People take time to heal. Maybe some traits remind him of her? Either way I wouldn’t have kids w him if this is the case. He needs to grow up.

4 Likes

Do not have a child with this man. He’s still stuck on his ex.

11 Likes

Why would you subject yourself to that?

2 Likes

Don’t Have A Baby With This Man. If you want a baby get in vitro or something else. This sounds like it is on the verge of toxic. Do you really want to do this?

First, if he doesn’t e

He won’t cook and other things because he did that with/for his ex? What in the fuckery… so does he wipe his own ass and brush his own teeth because im assuming he did that stuff while he was with his ex :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Are you sure the ex is the narcissist and not him. Sounds like he’s manipulating you.

11 Likes

His ex wife isn’t the narcissistic, he is by the sounds of it

7 Likes

Counseling. Counseling for you and for the relationship

From the sounds of it, it seems as if he isn’t over her. Most often, a man who genuinely loves his partner will never compare her to an ex, especially one they claim was damaging, let alone another woman in general; that’s degrading. And, maybe, there is a reason she is the way that she is with him, it could be the result of how he treated her. While no one is perfect, my concern is, he’s a narcissist, and “grooming” you to be the “ideal” victim in which he has all hands in deck in regards to manipulation. My suggestion is, tread lightly.

4 Likes

Just tell him the only man that ever made you orgasm was the one before him :relieved::roll_eyes::rofl:! Maybe then he’ll learn​:woman_shrugging:t4:

16 Likes

Leave. He will never be a real partner to you.

7 Likes

I have a feeling his ex wasn’t the problem he was.

5 Likes

I’m sorry to say i would leave him but stay on good terms with him if he means that much to you. It don’t even sound like a relationship due to his ex wife.

Ew. Hes still stuck on his ex.

1 Like

So since he had sex with his ex, is he not having sex with you since he don’t wanna do anything he did with her?? Lol sounds like he’s playing you.

2 Likes

Are you sure hes not the narcissist??

5 Likes