My childs father doesn't want to pay me child support because of the stimulus: Advice?

Hi, so my child’s father and I are not together. He is court-ordered to pay me 400$ a month. He randomly messaged me saying that he’s only sending me 100$ because I should be getting the 600 for our child, and he “deserves” half of it? So 300, I have our child the most, and I’m not sure if I should just let him send 100$ or just not say anything and if he ends up sending 100$ to let the courts know.

56 Likes

My ex who owes back support of 6,000 to me got his stimulus this time. They are not taking it for child support this time around!

1 Like

Let him be an ass and report it to the courts, he will get in trouble and have to pay regardless of what he thinks. If the government thought he deserved the stimulus for the child he would be getting it not you, sounds like he’s trying to manipulate you and make you feel bad.

40 Likes

Print that message out and show it to the judge. If he wants a readjustment, he needs to file for it.

11 Likes

Let the courts decide . .really . .it takes more than that to raise a child!

5 Likes

Such bullshit what a jerk you report to the court that he is not paying court ordered amounts

5 Likes

He is no more entitled to half your stimulus than he would be entitled to half your tax refund he would be in violation to only pay $100

2 Likes

Ask the courts what they think

3 Likes

Lmfao thats not how things work. Call the probation dept and tell them

3 Likes

I’m sure the court will find out he isn’t paying you the full amount. I would actually keep a copy of the message, just in case you need it in the future.

2 Likes

You need to let the court know NOW

2 Likes

Not his decision to make the court made that decision for him .

3 Likes

Time to take it to court and have it go through the court for payment…it may take a little longer to get money to you, but he won’t be able to pull that crap without punishment (taking it directly from his checks, tax refund, suspension of license and even jail time if he doesn’t pay what is court ordered)

Take it to court and let him explain Y he thinks he should just pay $100🤔

2 Likes

He deserves half why? You should speak to a lawyer. Or someone in your court system. I do not think what he is saying is correct but I would keep his message as evidence. I mean if he normally is responsible and is going through a rough patch okay but remember that is your child right. Its not a gift

2 Likes

Go to court & tell him you’re gonna do it

You should try to get his child support to come out of his paycheck and then to you. There wouldn’t be an option not to pay you what the court decided on for a payment. I feel like whatever parent has the child the most should get the stimulus payment.

3 Likes

If it is court ordered he’ll still owe the other $300, if he falls behind they’ll take it in arrears which they add fees to so won’t benefit him much, not sure fighting it would be worth it, let him pay what he pays, child support will take care of it.

I would tell him, you won’t accept that. If you tell him that and he still only sends $100 then let the court know.

2 Likes

Send him to hell and tell him if you claim your child on your taxes, which apparently you do if you are getting the stimulus, then you deserve the $600.

I thank god my ex knew not to play those bullshit games with me

That’s not how child support works. I’d call child support and speak with the case manager. And this is coming from someone who pays child support as well

3 Likes

Let him send whatever…if its court ordered it will be on record that he is behind that $300 so let him make a fool of himself

Let him do what he wants to do and report it or do whatever you would normally do. If the courts keep track of his payments then they’ll know he didn’t pay what was ordered

1 Like

If its court ordered he doesnt have a choice. If he sends $100 he will be in arrears for the amount he owes until he pays it

4 Likes

Absolutely not! That has nothing to do with his child support payment ! They sent it to you because you claim the child on taxes because the child resides with you correct? He has no right to it and doesn’t make the rules! Tell him no that he has to pay his full amount and if he doesn’t you will file with court if it’s not the full amount and let them decide end of story!You should make him pay through the state anyway , then they will handle any missed or inaccurate amounts and you don’t have to bother with him.

2 Likes

If he owes you court ordered support you will get his stimulus

3 Likes

If its court ordered to pay you a certain amount he doesn’t send money directly to you. Hes supposed to send it to child support and they send it to you so they have proof you’re getting what was ordered by the judge. Or if he has a job or when he has a job it can be automatically taken out of his pay before he even sees his own money. If hes sending money directly to you hes fucking himself and will have to back pay everything that isnt through child support and on record that he payed

My baby daddy wont pay shit the courts in California or az say they cant do anything so I gave up

This is dumb, if he’s already paying through the court, he will not get no break. Period

1 Like

Lawyer up.
He isnt the law.

It’s court ordered he honestly doesn’t have the freedom to choose what he shall pay
So when he choose to not pay he will fall behind and still owe regardless

1 Like

Nope. That’s not how it works
Whatever amount he is ordered to pay is what he should pay. Anything less is contempt and a breach of the agreement. Report it to the court asap. NOONE ezcept the judge can change the amount …especially not him. Hes trying to get over…dont let him. Custodial parent gets the Stimulus for a reason. He doesn’t get to steal from your son!

4 Likes

What a selfish prick. He would WANT that money to go for her. Isnt he getting 600 for himself already?

Id probably just say something snarky like "well… If you would’ve stepped up as a dad… Then you probably would get half of it. But you didn’t… so here we are. I’ll be awaiting that 400 for the month as usual otherwise you can tell the county your reasoning here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They aren’t taking this stimulus for child support. The first check yes but not this one

I would simply point out to his dumb ass He is court ORDERED to support his children and he would be paying REGARDLESS of the stimulus, so receiving a stimulus dosen’t EXCUSE him from his court ordered C/S!

1 Like

A father could get a stimulus if he gets to claim the child on his taxes in an alternate schedule. My husband has an alternate schedule where he gets to claim his child on taxes as a dependent even though the mother has “physical custody”. We claim him on even years and my stepsons mother claims him on odd years. It doesn’t sound like you two have an alternate schedule to claim the child.
Depending on the judge and where you live he could potentially claim him on taxes and get a stimulus later on if he makes a request to alternate your child as a dependent.
I do agree with other comments that the best option is to have child support deducted from his paycheck.
I feel that both parents should get the stimulus as long as he pays child support consistently and does not owe anything.

All I can add is follow the advice of the majority posters. He is out of order. He isnt a judge

Not sure where you’re from. But if you were are in Wisconsin. He would have to pay full $400 in child support, but yes you would need to split the $600 and give him $300. He pays child support so he is supporting child and would be entitled to half. At least that’s how Wisconsin works. I’d it was me, I would tell him to pay full amount and split the $600 equally. He pays taxes on the child support he pays for his child. You don’t pay taxes on the child support you collect for the child. I wouldn’t waste my time or the courts time arguing over a stimulus check. Courts have more precedent issues.

No matter what comes to you. He still has to pay 400$ to you every month. That stimulus is for adults and the children. That isn’t even his money!! So yah, tell the courts.

The best thing I did was take support out of the courts for my child… but he will be in the rears if he does that! Dad give her the money or you’re fucked!!
Money hungry moms… makes me sick!! I get more from the Dad out of court and co-parenting then I do fighting with him… wait :raised_hand: let me rephrase that… our daughter gets more out of it then either of us!!!

this one supposedly isn’t affected by child support amts owed and going to the bd :woman_shrugging:t3:

go to court! They only took his stimulus because hes not paying what he should! It’s his own fault for being irresponsible :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

If he doesn’t the full amount it’s time to let the court know

1 Like

If he send 100$ report 100$, he still liable for the other 300$ for that month.

1 Like

Never compromise with what the courts have ordered… Ever

4 Likes

Go through the child support agency to get wages garnished. It’s the best thing I did for my sanity.

That’s not how it work let the courts know!

1 Like

The court will take care of it. He will be in arrears. So relax and enjoy your wine :wine_glass: hun. If he sent a text about not paying support, request a court date for increase in payments and show the judge how he feels about his child. #worked4me

You could get his stimulus money for back child support.

He isn’t entitled to none or your money

If he’s court ordered then he has to pay what the court has ordered, anything else is irrelevant. Don’t waste your energy arguing with him. Just report his non payments…

3 Likes

Dont say nothing more to him and let the courts know

Tell him to play with you if he wants and see what happens. Screenshot the message then email it to yourself, print it out and take it to the courthouse. Bet he’ll get some act right about himself

I will tell you from personal experience… Stimulus money is not child support, it does not cover for the child support! When you are court ordered to pay support, they expect the parent who is ordered to pay to pay that before anything else! When it is not paid, you file a show cause and the court will give him a warning to pay. My ex is over $6,000 behind in support and our support is both through the court and the DCSE! So he doesnt pay so I filed a show cause, he was given like 3 months to pay a certain amount or go to jail! As of right now his deadline is this month, he has not paid or kept a job so his checks can be garbage, so he has to turn himself in on a certain day this month to report to jail! Any communication should also be through text so that his number can be shown with messages! Fb messages or social media messages can not be used in court. Sadly I’ve been dealing with this for almost 4 yrs now. This will be his second time going to jail for failure to pay!

He’s gonna get 600,he gonna give you half of his? Betting No

1 Like

Sounds like a dead beet dad to me…the child should be put first…

3 Likes

No .everyone gets the 600., it’s court ordered… tell him so.

1 Like

Let the court know and see what they think of it. Bet u get it all.

1 Like

Just print out the messages and take them to the Department of Child Support enforcement. Let Them decide. He’s going to be in deep crap. How nice of him to make this decision for you! Not!!!:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Don’t say anything and let the courts handle it. Its not worth the argument. I learned along time ago they gonna do what they wanna do anyway. Just let the courts handle it for u.

3 Likes

It’s have nothing with stimulus moneys because it does not count in the court’s order. Well contact lawyer or file with the court.

2 Likes

If he’s court-ordered to pay, then he needs to pay! If he wants to change things, then it’s up to him to take you back to court to try to change it.

2 Likes

Do not let that shit father to take advantage of you. Contract lawyer and court.

2 Likes

Let child support deal with it

Payments are court ordered. Notify them he refuses to pay the full amount. If you let it slide this month he will try something else next month to avoid paying what your child is legally owed.

4 Likes

If he is not head of your household he dosent get to collect money that is not his. Let him send you a 100 bucks and report him to child support. Your court order does not say that if you get a stimulus check that he does not have to pay. Let the court system handle it

File child support with the Attorney General and let him tell them that!

Let him do what he wants to do. You can call the courts or the child support office. It will bite him in the end.

1 Like

If there is a law school nearby that hosts free legal clinics, maybe ask for advice.

Hell no. He is not entitled to anything. A court order does not change because you get stimulus money. I would also request child support be taken directly from his pay checks and sent to you through the court. He can’t cheat his child out of support

This is the only reason I used the courts. They are a good middle man eliminating the arguments and need to talk to him more than I need to.

1 Like

Tell him to sign all his rights away… shove his money up his ass and continue to raise and take care of ur child without him… fuck the back and forth shit…

If it’s ordered then he doesn’t get to pick not to. He would have to take that up with a judge not make that decision himself. All that does is make it look like he didn’t pay what he was supposed to. It seems since you got the stimulus then you are the one able to claim as a dependent

If it is court order there’s nothing he can do about. And there’s no reason to call the courts or lawyers. If he gets behind so much they can put him in jail for it. But just keep everything for reference so if he tries to get his child support lowered you have evidence of what he has said.

1 Like

His ass will be in trouble if he is that stupid!!!

1 Like

A lot is left out to give an honest opinion. Is he court order to pay or is child support an agreement you came up with between you two? It sounds like he is in the Childs life. So, why not let him pay the 100 if you got the stimulus? I bet if this was a female scenario the advice given would be completely opposite. It ultimately comes down to co-parenting. I know a few dads that have their kids full time and the mom gets to claim the children on taxes and that means they got the stimulus for them and children that they do not take care of at all. There is just a lot left out to give a genuine answer to this.

4 Likes

Just report him simple .!!! There’s no talking to some men …

Contact child support and let them know you have proof of it. I believe that’s contempt on a court order

I had been having problems with my boyfriend and we had been together with him for over 6 years now, I do love this man a lot and i wanted to get married to him but times I did feel a little confused about this and had wondered if he had been true to the relationship…until I found Prof KAYA. He told me that he was not being true to me…I did later find out that he had been seeing his ex-girlfriend. I was overwhelmed and did not know what to do, although I still loved him and could not see myself with anyone else, I did not want to lose him and Prof KAYA assured me that he could help me with this problem, I contacted him once again to let him know that I did want to get help with this. With the powers that he has so now I have my boyfriend and I did work a lot of things out and he has come back to me and we are now back together and engaged I haven’t fully gotten over the fact that he had been cheating on me but sometimes we do need to forget the past and move on to a better future and without Prof Kaya help I don’t think it would have ever worked out. he is truly an Angel sent from above! I can’t thank him enough and I would recommend his service to anyone who is having a problem like mine. I will automatically be coming back to him again in case of any difficulties in my life. YOU CAN CALL/WHATSAPP Prof KAYA +27737769668

That’s not how it works! He’s wrong. He doesn’t get to pay less child support because you got the stimulus. He owes the full amount of child support.

If you’re custody agreement was 50/50, you had joint custody, then he should receive half the stimulus, but he would still have to pay you the same amount of child support.

I just want to know why the hell people are putting the dollar sign after the number. In the U.S., we don’t do that. $100 is one hundred dollars, not 100$. WTF

If hes court ordered then he has to pay. But if he is paying child support regularly then the right thing to do is split the stimulus with him. He is still human and still should be treated with common decency especially during this pandemic. An extra bill of 400$ a month is not an easy bill to fit on top of rent, car, insurance, phone, groceries, power, water…ect (and that is just the necessities to keep a job to pay your child support)

2 Likes

Take him back to court screen shot his messages the judge will be on your side x

Take his ass back to court if he doesn’t pay what the court ordered

He gets 600$ too not just you n not just your child :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

He can send it all he wants but he will be behind on child support… hate to tell him it doesn’t work that way!

16 Likes

Totally doesn’t work that way, dying laughing. Inform the courts or child support division. Good lord

5 Likes

It is a tax credit for 2020 taxes. Who claims said child? There’s your answer. By the way a court order can only be changed by the court. He still has to pay it.

2 Likes

If it’s court ordered he has to pay that amount no matter what

3 Likes

Don’t say anything and if he only pays 100$ let the courts know

5 Likes

The lovely thing about cs is its not optional if he doesn’t pay it now he will eventually

7 Likes

He can do what he wants but it
Doesn’t work that way and he will be behind In support if he decides to do so : which means interest and he can’t get a passport if he is so far behind

Always take the legal route and documenttttttt

1 Like

if its taken out of his check or unemployment he cant send what he wants lol it comes out automatically either way he owes that doesnt work that way and if u have any luck like me single mom of 5 u might not be getting my stimulus with no reason or explanation thatni can wait until taxes when il out unemployment cs unemployment and need it desperately

1 Like

He will get stimulus also. Stimulus doesnt mean he doesnt have to pay his child support.

1 Like

At least he’s paying child support, my ex has decided he is not paying child support anymore and it’s a freaking joke. Because all they do is take his license away and he still drives

1 Like

That’s him falling behind on his payments… let him explain that to the judge

Unless the order says you split the tax credit he has the full amount. You are entitled to the stimulus check.

Let the courts know, but face it, he’s a deadbeat dad and probably always will be. There are some sorry men out there, don’t let it destroy you and your child’s life.