My childs father doesn't want to pay me child support because of the stimulus: Advice?

Remind him he is court ordered and of he doesnt want to be in contempt he will do what he is told.

The court ordered 400 so cut the crap

1 Like

I certainly hope your child support is monitored by your state agency.

This is what courts and mediators are for…he’s dead wrong let him hang himself. Document and take it to court. Comminicate via text or email.

3 Likes

Let him pay whatever he sends you and if it’s not the right amount then let the court know…

:woman_facepalming: he will just be $300 behind then

2 Likes

If he doesn’t pay then let the court or case worker know. It’s a court order and has to be followed

4 Likes

Dont play around just tell the courts.

2 Likes

Court ordered, is court ordered. He doesn’t get to make adjustments when he feels like it.

7 Likes

He doesn’t get to make that decision. End of story.

8 Likes

Depends whos allowed claim child on taxes i mean in our custody its every other yr and split return down middle

It doesn’t work like that, the stimulus will go to whoever files taxes for the child and the child spends the most time with. The stimulus you get from the government has nothing to do with his child support obligation. I would make sure he understands that. Does he send payment directly to you, or does the payment go to child support then you? If it goes through child support he will be behind in child support, and if not report to the court

3 Likes

He is court ordered to pay the $400. No excuses. If you’re the only one claiming him on your taxes you do not owe him anything! That stimulus is for you and your child that you raise. If he doesn’t make his child support payment report it.

19 Likes

What’s the order say about tax exemption? If it’s joint with alternating years you’re BOTH eligible for the $600. One just has to wait until tax time.

2 Likes

He will get his own stimulus. If you have custody the child s should be for the child

He’s a fool because if it’s court ordered he will be in arrears with only sending 100.

1 Like

I wonder if he would give you half of it if it were the other way around? :thinking:

1 Like

It don’tatter what he thinks if he owes you child support you will get his stimulus automatically

1 Like

Hell no He still has to pay child support. Let the court now if he only sends that much. Start of never ending problems with your support if you let him get away with it

1 Like

So many greedy Woman on here

7 Likes

And he can send the other 300

Tell him to give you the full amount or you’ll be going to the court. And keep all texts!

3 Likes

That money is for your child he does not deserve anything especially if he is refusing to pay child support.

1 Like

What your receiving has nothing to do with his court ordered cs. He doesn’t get to make adjustments like that. Men can say greedy woman all in these comments all you like blah. Blah. Shut it cause it doesnt matter if its a guy or girl in this situation my advice would be the same. Court order is a court order.

4 Likes

:joy::joy: He sounds like an idiot. :joy::joy: The only time he doesn’t owe child support is when a judge tells him he doesn’t. Any other time he owes you what is court ordered. He sounds like my ex…:yawning_face:

3 Likes

They’ll know that it doesn’t get paid. It’ll just follow over until the next month. If you want to do something about it, you can wait until it’s not paid and then ask them to do enforcement . Or you could figure out a percentage and give him some of it

So you get the 600 plus the 100… and that’s more than what he’s suppose to pay. Sooooo what’s the problem? Lol I’m confused

5 Likes

That has nothing to do with the child support he owes you the child support regardless

5 Likes

Don’t let the court know about that $100. He will be in the arrears of that $400 and you will be in the clear with that $100.

If he pays child support or owes any child support the stimulus will automatically go towards child support, so it will cover what he owes and if anything left at all. You’ll get the rest… I’m sorry but either way the money you get for the child from the child support or stimulus goes to the child not yourself. So no he doesn’t “deserve” any of it. By court ruling the childs I the one that is supposed to get the money period.

1 Like

His wages should already be attached from the child support. If not get that done asap.

Either way if he pays or not they are monitoring it. Once he gets a certain amount behind they’ll lock him up

1 Like

It sounds like you’re sure that’s his child

I would take it out of your hands and have the court automatically take child support out of his checks !! Then he can’t send what he wants and if stimulus and tax returns are involved in child support payments that will be figured out also

The stimulus check has no connection what so ever to child support owed. :woman_facepalming: He still has to pay his monthly payment in full.

11 Likes

If he has arrears on child support, he will not receive his stimulus check you will. So let him pay the $100, they will just tack on the other $300. He sounds like a complete douche!

If he is ordered to pay child support then he needs to pay the full amount and if not report it the Stimulus check is far u and your children doint send any and tell him he needs to pay or u will report him

1 Like

If he doesn’t owe anything in child support he will get his stimulus.

Yall depend on support to damn much

2nd stimulus will not be confiscated for back due child support this time around. Irs website says this

4 Likes

I am positive thee childs father is an idiot!

3 Likes

If he’s court ordered to pay $400 and he only sends $100 then he will just be behind in child support and still owe the $300 whether he feels he should have to pay it or not

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry to much about it if he’s so far behind they will take his taxes, and he will have to still pay it one way or another if they don’t take his taxes

If the child lives with you the stimulus is for you not him. He should still have to pay his child support. File with the oag and they will take it out of his checks. Stimulus has nothing to do with child support. If he doesn’t pay file a contempt of court.

Don’t give him any money!
If he pays child support that’s on him and will be his debt.

If it’s in paperwork that you claim the child then you get all the tax money and stimulus money for said child. Sux for him.

The money you get from child tax is for the child. The 400 he gives you is court ordered, he has to pay that. That is his child support payment to you. Don’t let him con you

1 Like

Report his ass! That money is for you and your child!

Regardless of any other income you have, he is under court order to send you the $400 dolls if he does not he is in contempt of court, report him. The 600 is to help pay for the childs needs, not his or yours. Both of you got 600 bucks for yourself.

4 Likes

Let the court know. The $600 is no different than you getting to claim the tax benefit for your child for having primary custody. The $600 given for children isn’t for the parent’s to spend on themselves, it’s for supporting the child, so he doesn’t “deserve” any of it, and it’s shitty to even say that for a parent.

Tell your lawyer what’s going on and ask for his support payment to be taken off his check and sent to you then you don’t have to deal with him not paying.

3 Likes

If it’s court ordered it would be on record that he didn’t pay and be in trouble nor is he entitled to the stimulus you get for your child

3 Likes

Let the court know, if you let it slide, he’ll do it again when he finds another excuse. It’s like him asking you for 1/2 of your tax return.

4 Likes

Nope. Court ordered child support, doesn’t change because of the stimulus.
Nope. Nope. Nope

Any law abiding court/ judge would tell you the same thing. (And the father!)

2 Likes

I wouldn’t except the $100 he is court ordered to pay $400 so that’s what he needs to pay. And if u have ur child more than him ur in title to the extra $ of the stimulus check for your child. He wouldn’t get any of it

3 Likes

I would just say how he can do that but he’ll be $300 behind with the court order and how he could face jail time but that that’s his choice. And if he decided to only send $100 let the court know.

3 Likes

Keep that text and show it to the courts when you report that he didn’t pay you the full amount he is court ordered to pay. Let him know you will do this too, so maybe he will step up and pay the full amount. The stimulus has nothing to do with court ordered child support. It’s not connected.

6 Likes

He doesn’t get to choose, call the courts. Have his wages garnished. He is not allowed to say what u do and do not get.

1 Like

Don’t accept that $100.

2 Likes

If its court ordered child support he has to pay it. Report him if he doesn’t. The courts will want to know. As for the stimulus that’s your money and your child’s. Not his. He gets his own. Dont let him con you into something that takes away from your child. Your child comes first. Not him.

68 Likes

If he’s court ordered to pay 400$ he owes 400$ . I’ll just tell him he would be violating the court order and you will be reporting it :woman_shrugging:t3: it’s owed stimulus or not

8 Likes

If he’s paying through the courts he’s still obligated to pay $400. You are not obligated to give him half of your stimulus. Like wtf. Does he think kids are just profit? I bet that $400 & $600 plus more is spent on the child’s needs. He doesn’t pay half the child’s needs why should you pay half the stimulus you get for his needs to him? It makes no logical sense.

4 Likes

Let the court know hes underpaying. He can not make up his own rules.

2 Likes

Hes court ordered so it should be automatically taken out of his check if he works theres no “discount” just because ure receiving the 600$

2 Likes

Tell him see you in court and while were there we will do a increase…

Really? Too fucking bad. It’s court ordered and he needs to pay. Let the court decide. You let it slip once and it’ll become a habit. Save yourself the trouble and stick with what is court ordered. Don’t let him try to play games with you.

In Ohio everything he hands you is a gift, it Hass to be run through Columbus child support agency

The WHOLE stimulus goes to the parent who claims the child on taxes.

Court ordered is court ordered, he cannot deviate.

He should pay his child support. You don’t have a middle man? Child support here takes it out of the person who owes checks from work and then pays out the other party. There is no getting around it. If he wants half the stimulus tell him to take you to court over it.

3 Likes

If it’s court ordered then anything he doesn’t pay through the state is considered a gift. If he only sends $100 then that’s on him.

1 Like

He should pay the whole thing. My husband pays child support and it never crossed our minds to pay less because that’s just not how it works lol

Him not paying is breaking a court order. File in court to enforce that he pay

1 Like

No, he has to pay the child support and if you claim child it is yours because you are also the main provider.

1 Like

If he is told to pay $400 then that’s what he needs to do.

2 Likes

Just tell the court wat he is doing period his ass will go to jail and end up paying more

He doesn’t get to decide he’s not paying because of the stimulus. There is a court order that doesn’t care about a stimulus. Report him. If it’s in text, keep those.

5 Likes

he still needs to pay his regular amount and you owe him nothing of the stimulus package

If its court order then let it be.

If he doesn’t pay, take him to court for contempt. The child support order doesn’t say $400 UNLESS they give a stimulus you think you should get half of

If it were his year to claim the child do you think he would share with you?

1 Like

Report him, he won’t get his stimulus check of he owes child support

Take him to court he’s dunking his court ordered duties

:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: so called parents now a days! They make children and don’t want to deal with their responsibilities! That stimulus has nothing to do with his court order! It take a heck of a lot more that a measly monthly’s support to raise any child! He needs a vasectomy to stop bringing children into this world!

3 Likes

If a person wants to change their court ordered child support they can ask a judge. Take him to court.

If he’s ordered by the courts to send $400 then he needs to send $400, no if’s/ands/buts about it.

2 Likes

Let the fucking courts know is he retarded that has nothing to do with his share of thw responsibility

Women are never satisfied, always want more more more. Take the father to court to get full custody and then bitch that they don’t get enough money. It’s funny you wanted the kids full time, why so they can be your piggy bank. Would you all be bitching if the father had the kids and you all had to pay! Geezzz I am taking care of me and my daughter no support. I do just fine…without money from the father. Get over yourselves!!!

He is court ordered so he needs to pay the correct amount

It has been ruled in a court of law that he has to pay 400 not 100 I wouldn’t be letting him dictate to you how much he should be paying especially if he doesn’t have the child the majority of time

He still has to pay and if he owes back support his stimulus check will go to her too.

2 Likes

Tough shit. There’s a court order he needs to follow. Take him to court and have his wages garnished. Courts can even garnish unemployment and SSI up to 25% each check. Did that with my ex for my oldest. I got 25% of his unemployment checks plus judge backdated it so he had to pay arrears as well. Now his wages are garnished per the court order.

This is a joke right?!? Like, you’re kidding me right!?! Your really asking this question… You literally answered your own question… it’s court ordered… Tell him he’d better pay up cuz it’s COURT ORDERED!!!

5 Likes

Court ordered means court ordered. He has to pay.

2 Likes

Girl, let him put himself in debt and u continue to collect that child support. Fuck him. He’ll be in jail sooner or later.

I would say something

He needs to pay the full amount per court order. Don’t let him not pay the full amount.

5 Likes

He’s a con artist, report him to the courts

4 Likes

If he does not pay what he is supposed to contact the court, he needs to be held accountable, and pay his share. Also you need to show you won’t put up with his bull crap.

2 Likes

Id take his ass to family maintenance get it taken off his check thats not right he isnt owed anything u r! Stimulus is for ur child not him hes not entitled and shouldnt be thinking thats even right wow!!! Get ur back pay! Its court ordered not coyrt ordered for him to recieve half the stimulus hes a d bag

Report it to the court system- they will educate him real quick!!

2 Likes

The new stimulus bill is exempt from back child support unlike the first one. Should be paying the 400 because she won’t receive anything from that.