My childs father doesn't want to pay me child support because of the stimulus: Advice?

They are not taking the second stimulus for child support…

So he’s gonna get his whole $600 stimulus check

He is a dumb Ass follow the court order and you do get the 600 not him

Since you have a court order contact mep ( maintenance enforcement program ) and they will help you for free to third party payments to you and if needed garnish his wages take his licence etc if he doesn’t pay or make arrangements

1 Like

The reasok they intercepted the stimulus is because he is behind in payments. He still has to pay the monthly to you.

LOL… that is not how it works!! Nah…if he only sends $100…turn him in!!

Report him to the courts

Honestly if you let him send just $100 now he will think that it will be ok and therefore continue to do so. Stand your ground an make him pay the amount the court had ordered

5 Likes

If its court ordered than its court ordered. If he doesn’t pay you the amount report it to the courts. The whole stimulus is yours. Do not let him get away with it or he’ll try it with everything

2 Likes

It’s laughable that he thinks $400/month on the regular basis actually pays for a kid. Most places thats not even 2 weeks worth of daycare costs. What a damn joke. Also if the custody agreement isn’t 50/50 split he doesn’t deserve anything.

File for automatic payments

Don’t put up with his bs he will think your a walk over if it’s court ordered he needs to be paying it and if he doesn’t I would let the court know he’s refusing to pay it

1 Like

A court order says for him to pay … he pays ! Period. Tell him pay or I call it in. He wants it changed… take you back to court then. Call his bluff! Smh stupid boy.

1 Like

Payments should be going through the courts and they will know what he pays and when and will put anything unpaid into arrears

1 Like

How often does he see
Your child? Does he provide
Other stuff like clothes
Etc too? Sometimes
I think maintenance is unfair when worked out through courts etc as works out a lot if their wages do you need
This amount to support your child or do you just want to take it from him cause you can and cause you’re no longer together? I hope
You sort something soon

Get your $400 as it is court ordered. Your $600 is none of his concern.

Cheap dead beat b*stard.

Try raising a child on $400/month. It doesn’t even cover half of childcare much less clothes, food, shelter, etc. He ought to be thankful he’s only paying the $400.

2 Likes

Ya thats not how it works. Can’t blame a guy for trying :rofl:

1 Like

Least he’s giving u something :rofl::rofl::rofl: geeezussss

1 Like

If it’s court ordered, then he doesn’t get to make choices like that and can/will get in trouble for not paying the ordered amount. This is also something you should bring to the courts attention so they are aware.

5 Likes

Get a wage garnishment and that will settle it. He do not get to decide how much he is going to send or when he is going to send it

1 Like

He needs to give you the court ordered amount. No if ands or butts about it. Don’t put up with his bs girl.

2 Likes

I completely understand where he’s coming from. But we have 50/50 custody and still provide everything for my bonus daughter… the only reason she’s getting the stimulus and not us is because it was her tax year to file. If all this went down in an odd numbered year we would have gotten it and would have split it with her

At this point he’s just stealing from his kid. The $600 extra you got is to help support your child & he wants half of it? Does he ask for half of your taxes too? Jfc the money is for neither of you.

1 Like

He will have back pay either way and end up paying it Because I imagine you or him have to report it.

Why isn’t it automatically taken out of his checks?

Let the court know. The stimulus check does not let him off the hook. He still owes child support. He is just trying to get out of paying what he owes.

5 Likes

He will be in contempt of a court order and can end up in jail and he will still owe you the child support he refused to pay

12 Likes

Lol let him send the $100 and he’ll get himself into arrears and be back in court. He doesn’t get to pick and choose what he’s sending, that’s why it’s court ordered :woman_facepalming:t2:

89 Likes

You let the damn courts know what he’s doing. The stimulus has not one thing to do with the support he’s supposed to pay. He’s trying his best to get one over on you. Don’t let him do it.

27 Likes

If he owes you any back child support he isn’t getting his $600 either. You will be. He doesn’t get to change a court order when he sees fit. They will put that remaining $300 in arrears that will collect interest unless he coughs it up.

1 Like

If your child support order says you get to claim your child on your taxes then he has no ground to stand on! The moeny is for the person who can claim said child at tax time as a dependent! Obviously he doesnt claim the child or he wouldve been sent childs $600 stimulus. So its not his money. Period, end of story. He is court ordered to pay and has no legal ground to stand on to change that.

12 Likes

Remind him hes court ordered to pay $400 a month, no if, and, or buts about it. If he doesn’t, you can let your child services know, they probably won’t do anything, but it’ll be noted and on file that he was in contempt of a court order. Stimulus has nothing to do with that court order.

7 Likes

Just trying to get some facts. Does he work and pay child support out of his work check? I can understand him paying with the stimulus if he is unemployed. You will be getting 600 plus an additional 600 for your child so that’s 1200 there. Just wondering

2 Likes

Let him send the $100. Cuz he’s getting the stimulus too. He’s just not getting the extra money for the child, you are. So, go ahead. Let him send you the $100 courts are going to take his $600 and its going to you anyway. So you just got yourself $700.

7 Likes

It doesn’t matter what you make or receive. Child support is child support and you getting extra money does not negate his obligation to provide for his child. Let him know that it would look really bad for him in the courts if he doesn’t pay the court ordered child support

12 Likes

He has to pay regardless of stimulus or not because he is court ordered to do so if he sends $100 the court will see it as a gift not as child support because the government has to take their part then they give you the rest if he is getting unemployment or pua he is still required to pay because it’s taxable and they government doesn’t want to hear i don’t have a job they want their money their tired of dead beat mom’s and dads making children and not providing foe them

5 Likes

I’m not a lawyer but I would guess he has to pay full child support. On the other hand is it worth the fight? The big looser in the battle is your child. If you don’t absolutely need it call it a gesture of good will. Certainly beats giving it to a lawyer.

3 Likes

I mean it is kind of fair assuming your custody agreement is one on which you alternate who claims the child each year. If it’s court ordered that you claim the child as your dependent, then he’s definitely out of line.

Take him to court. If you have the child more and claim him on your taxes then you are entitled to the stimulus. Child support has nothing to do with taxes

1 Like

The 600 for your child is FOR YOUR CHILD. Not him. Its for clothes, shoes or whatever your child needs. He needs to grow up. Take him back to court

5 Likes

He doesn’t “deserve” any of it…that money is for the child…period. no you, not him. He needs to still pay the child support.

16 Likes

If you want to keep it out of court the both lawyers can handle it…my opinion keep the 100$ sent all messages to your lawyer …if the judge says he owes you 600$ as month he has to pay don’t let it go far call your lawyer asap .you will get Retro payments

Just went throw this did you file your taxes thgether last year ? If you did you keep all but 600 so if the check is for instance 1800 he gets 6 if you have sole custody of the children That’s how they did it for my friend .

1 Like

Just let the courts have it, dont respond to him, dont bring it up to him…if it is court order fle him to pay child support he will be forced to pay
The government will make sure child support is paid

1 Like

So, he is going to get $600 for himself… You will get $600 each for you and the child… So how is it reasonable to say 300 of your check is his, because he is getting his own… So, imo he should pay his entire $400… And trust me from dealing with an absent parent who is behind $8,000 dollars in child support the courts are NOT for the children, trust me!! They let the parent get a slap on the wrist, no jail time has ever been served…

9 Likes

What he sends out of child support is a gift and you don’t need to tell child support a dang thing

3 Likes

Make it so its garnished and he won’t have a say on how much he is going to send you :laughing:

5 Likes

Okay so there’s a lot of information missing here. First off: does he have a court order to pay support? Typically the money comes straight out of a paycheck. Second: who claimed the child last on taxes? That’s the person the stimulus gets sent to. Third: if he were to send you $100 notify the courts. They will back charge him.

It doesn’t matter if you won the lottery tomorrow! That child is still his responsibility and he still owes you what the court decided he should pay.

8 Likes

Thats not how that works, if he is court ordered to pay it then he has to pay it or he will be behind for the month. He has no right ro your stimulus money if he doesn’t have them as much as you do, do not give him the money that is for the kids!!

3 Likes

My ex husband and I claim our son every other year on taxes. We both agreed we would also split the stimulus for our son. His father claimed him last year so it would go to him, but he gives me half, but when if I were to have claimed him I still would have given him half. He also still pays his child support regularly. The stimulus is not child support. If that were the case a lot of people would be taking it upon themselves to stop paying their support. If its directly taken out of his paycheck he is just putting himself in arrears and they could possibly take his own stimulus check to pay his support.

Are you crazy??!! NO HE PAYS! Money is for his child, why can’t you have the extra to do some extra for you’re child. He doesn’t get to decide if he’s sending child support or not, courts already decided.

1 Like

He doesn’t get to just choose what he sends you. If it’s court ordered and he doesn’t pay you then we he will be in arrears and then he will really hate life. Let him go ahead and only send you $100 it will come back to bite him in the ass.

2 Likes

If he don’t pay he falls behind. So I would t even stress it. Pick your battles

2 Likes

Hes still responsible for his regular payments regardless of the stimulus. Id tell him to send his whole amount that hes court ordered to or call and let the child support services know hes refusing to pay his full payment bc you got your stimulus.

1 Like

I dont wanna pay my car payment because of the stimulus… That’s not how that works. You still pay your obligations sorry for him

1 Like

If its thru the courts then he has to pay if he doesnt let them know and they will send him a nice letter reminding him of his obligation

2 Likes

It’s a stimulus check not a child support check. And the judge is going to tell him exactly that

2 Likes

If it’s court ordered, I wouldn’t say anything bc if he’s getting a 600 stimy himself, they’ll take it from him and give it to you for what he owes.

1 Like

He obviously doesn’t understand how much children cost or how hard everything is right now.I’d take him back to court he’s just trying to bully you

1 Like

That 300 will cost him triple the amount if he’s pulled back into the courts ,if he chooses to find that out the hard way that’s on him

1 Like

My ex husband still pays his child support even though I get the stimulus for one of our children ( he claims the other daughter on taxes) just because we get some extra money from stimulas doesn’t change that he still has to pay what the court said he does

Go to support enforcement & show them the text. They can garnish his wages if he refused to pay.

1 Like

If it is a court order for him to pay a certain amount, then he pays that amount. If he wants to pay less due to stimulus, then he can go to court.

1 Like

If he is ordered to pay $400 month then that’s what he has to pay.If he’s not paying they will garnishee his wages.

1 Like

Tell him to tell that bs to the judge! Then see if he pays the full amount. That excuse won’t work, that’s 2 totally different issues and any judge will just laugh at him.

1 Like

Lol he basically gave you full proof by messaging you! Let him send the $100 and you can show the court his logic for it.

2 Likes

If it really is court ordered he has no say in how much he pays. That’s what the court is for. Let him say he’s sending a diffrent amount all he wants, courts will just take it so I dont understand y this is even a topic.

It will come out of his taxes and go to you, if the support goes thru ss tell him no you owe your 400, if he does not pay tell the courts.

Let’s the courts know.The stimulus has nothing to do with his responsibilities.

1 Like

Take him back to court. Raising kids is not cheap even with two incomes. That money is for your child not the father.

If you’ve been filing separately, you don’t owe him a thing. Child support has nothing to do with it the stimulus. And, he would be getting his own stimulus. Sorry Charlie :woman_shrugging:

Wth does your stimulus money have to do with his child support…absolutely nothing.

He’s hilarious if he thinks he can pick and choose what and when he pays. What a joke.

1 Like

Haha he thinks he has a choice? That’s funny. Don’t even reply. The court will go after it and then he can tell that crap to a judge when he’s in jail or they take it out of his taxes for back support

If the money is automatically removed from his wages, he won’t be able to adjust the amount of support. If he is paying you directly, then he could refuse to pay you, then you have to decide what you’re willing to put up with. You could let the courts know, and they will most likely garnish his wages, but you will have to prove you didn’t receive support and most likely require a court appearance. Or you could let it go, but then he may continue to use child support as a leverage for other things.

That’s not how it works. Go to the courts with any proof you have of his statements (i.e. text messages) and let it play out. The court will tell him he owes you the $300 he failed to pay, and he will be dealt any repercussions the court deems necessary.

An order is an order, if you allow him this, it sets a precedence. And he’ll try it again and again.

1 Like

Im sure its been said already but stimulus has nothing to do with his childsupport. Also you have no control over that, he will go into arrears if he doesn’t pay.

1 Like

Any money from the government does not waive his obligation to pay child support for his child

Remind him of the child support court order. If he is in contempt notify the courts and let them handle the matter.

Definitely let the courts know, make sure you have statements to prove he’s only giving 100 or if he’s super sneaky it’ll be in cash so it’ll be your word against his (if this is the case phone recordings mentioning the 100 etc with help) xx

It’s a court order and he can’t deviate from it. Let him pay you what he thinks he should and file for a contempt - he’s in violation of a court order.

$100 a week does not cover the actual expenses for a kid come on! I would let the court decide :woman_shrugging:t3: it sounds like you’re already thinking he might be in the right by that you are subconsciously giving him the benefit of the doubt so let the court decide who knows you might get the validation you need because $400 a week is not the actual cost of any child .

According to IRS, he will get his payment this time. It will not go to the custodial parent if he is behind. The first stimulus went to the custodial parent if they were owed support but not the second.

I went thru this with my ex… Court ordered is exactly that … Court ordered you can not pick and choose what you want to pay and what you think is fair or unfair… Not paying the orders amount is a violation you can take him to court for that and you will win

Friend of the court! They take it directly from his paycheck! Only way to go!

He will still owe the child support the 600 goes to you because you are custodial parent she lives w
And i assume your the one that claims child on taxes its yours

He has zero, less than zero chance of the stimulus affecting his child support payment. He gets an e for effort with that nonsense. :roll_eyes:

Well he is misinformed. Tell him your sorry but thats not how it works. He will just behind on Child support if he doesnt pay you

$100 a week probably buys diapers & groceries. The stimulus is not a child support get out of jail card

1 Like

I would give him a heads up that he still needs to pay it. Otherwise you will let the courts know he didn’t want to pay $400 this month.

Do you have a child support agency where you live

Let the courts know. Courts already decided u are the one that claims him
On your
Taxes because he is with u more. The stimulus has nothing to do with his paying child support.

Make sure
To document keep a pic of the check or whatever text message.

Just screenshot it and dont say anything when he starts missing more then show the courts(unless it makes a huge difference missing one payment) when you go to file taxes and he write a different amount than you they’ll flag and take him to court

He must know my daughters father :woozy_face::unamused:

5 Likes

That money is your kids I would just keep receipts of how you spent that 600 for your son so if he tries anything u can tell him to shove it where the sun don’t shine

Been there. The IRS has nothing to do with child support. In fact if he don’t pay it they garnish his stuff… I wish I’d knew in the 1st years because he got me a few times :woman_facepalming:

He is obligated to still pay the full amount … He shouldn’t be bullying you … I would say something

Let the courts know… you dont have to give him 1/2… he’ll get his own $600.00