My childs father stole money from me, what can I do?

Call the cops what the hell is Facebook gonna do here

4 Likes

Omg! I feel so bad for you! How awful! I guess you could file a report, not sure what they can do without proof. What a loser he is!

Call the cops and file charges on him.

2 Likes

Open bank account and keep your money there.

File a police report with the local police where you live and where he lives. See if they can run prints. Itā€™ll probably not go anywhere but at least there will be something on file for next time & maybe his prints will get in the system.

Are you in touch and on good terms with any of his relatives? Might be worth a shot to appeal to them.

Do you have a court order & child support? If not, get it. Have court supervised visits only for the child you have in common. Change your locks ASAP.

Start a Go Fund Me page & explain why, but say youā€™re ā€œpretty sureā€ ex took your money, or he is the ā€œallegedā€ thief, so as not to be accused of libel/defamation of character.

This was a really expensive lesson. Learn about ways to assess peopleā€™s character & morals and pick better people to hang with. Iā€™m so sorry. What a scummy thing he did.

6 Likes

Anything over 500.00 is a felony :woman_shrugging:t5:

4 Likes

Mine did the same thing to us he stole all my savings and money in kids Xmas cards. Not really much I could do as I had allowed him in my home. I hope you had better luck than I did.

1 Like

I mean,!8; you were robbed, you call the police immediately first off. If you have insurance it should cover some of it.

2 Likes

Call the cops and report him. Its the only way ur getting any money back luv.

2 Likes

Call the police itā€™s obvious regardless of being your childā€™s father he stole

2 Likes

Call the police and have him charged. File for child support and never trust him again .

5 Likes

More fool you for letting him see it, deadbeat always gonna be a dead beat, also call the police, tell them to take finger prints and get him arrested.

4 Likes

What is the amount thatā€™s considered a felony? You said he stole thousands. Make a police report asap, and ask them to take fingerprints. Iā€™ve seen them do it when someone had about $3,000 stolen from a small safe. They found the person and booked her. If you donā€™t want to use a bank, get a new and better safe. One that screws into something, so they canā€™t just take the hole thing. Please donā€™t take this loser back, and definitely donā€™t give him your safe code.

4 Likes

This happened to me also, unfortunately I never got my money back but learned a hard lesson and to always keep my money in a bank where it is insured. Iā€™m sorry momma

2 Likes

You will never get your money back ā€¦

1 Like

You need to call police

4 Likes

Call the law on him!!

2 Likes

Call the cops and start documenting everything take proof text messages everything. And then you need to get a restraining order place for you and your child and go to court and make sure he does not get any visitations and tell them what happened get a lawyer.

5 Likes

Call the police its grand larceny !
I would do no hesitation
There are consequences for all actions!

4 Likes

Call the cops. Press charges on him make him pay you back. Do you have proof you had that much money? If so great. The judge will make hime pay you back. Then go take child support out on his sorry ass.

Call police then never take him back. My kids father did the same and he thought it was okay all the time to take from his kid

2 Likes

Call the police and report a ROBBERY and take it all the way to the end!! File with your rental insurance. Post all over PUBLICLY your personal FB page. You are not to blame, the thief is!! But if you want there to be consequences, you have to follow this all the way through

7 Likes

Police and then small claims court

2 Likes

I agree. Call the police! I had an ex that would do crap like that and the only thing that made him stop was the fact that if he so much as looked at me wrong I was calling the police. To make record of everything happening. He finally saw that I wasnā€™t playing his games anymore and eventually backed off. And yes heā€™s the father of my 3 kids

1 Like

File a complete detailed report and a Restraining order. File for child support. But not visitation. Usually, DSS files for support for children that are on Medicaid but award no visitation. Thatā€™s a separate issue in SC.

4 Likes

Call the police. Press charges. Go to court. He will have to pay you back. It will take time, but eventually he will have to pay. Donā€™t let him get away with not only hurting you, but his child, and all of your children. That shows how much of a man he really is right there. He deserves everything he gets.

2 Likes

Here is what you need to do: go to the police station and make a report. Then go to the store and buy security cameras for safety and proof, buy new locks for the house. And lastly, dump :clap:t2: his :clap:t2: ass :clap:t2:!

I could never continue to date and be with someone who doesnā€™t help take care of their child and then steal from me! Especially if that hard earned money is what pays the bills, keeps a roof over my childā€™s head and feed him/her.

I would call the police, because if you let it be you will never trust him in your home again and you canā€™t cut him out of your life because you have a child together, he should have never done that, by stealing from you he stole from his daughter. I would tell him he either gives you back the money or you are calling the police and having him charged, he can pick his fait.

3 Likes

There really is no proof, sorry u can file but Iā€™m certain without proof nothing can be done. Thatā€™s just awful Iā€™m so sorry

This is why people have bank accounts there is nothing u can do without proof unfortunately thatā€™s why I donā€™t carry cash

If u have actually proof he took it then u can call the police and report it and get it backā€¦

Call the police. File a report

3 Likes

Without proof nothing will be done. Never let him back in your home.

5 Likes

Call the police and ask them to dust for fingerprints - if his are anywhere on your safe - especially on the INSIDE - you can and should have him arrested ā€¦

Do you know where he went? When he called you back did he mention the theft first or did you ask him about it?

5 Likes

Keep texting him asking about the money why heā€™ll crack that will be your proof. Take it to the police and press charges

2 Likes

You need to call your local police asap.

1 Like

They could have gotten his prints if you didnā€™t try so many times on the safe. Renters insurance will only coverup to $200 of the loss

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything you can do. You canā€™t prove he did it. Donā€™t let him back in your house.

1 Like

Police report, receipt from locksmith, magistrate courtā€¦ then child support recovery.

8 Likes

Do you have a camera in the room

2 Likes

Get his ass for childsupport

He can struggle the rest of his life

1 Like

Call the cops and have him locked up

I hope you called the copsā€¦ if not weā€™llā€¦ lesson learned eh.

Press charges your money he had no right I had to do the same to my kids dad.

Call the police. Where Iā€™m at theft of anything over $300 is a felony. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Unfortunately without actual proof you are unable to do much! You can always file a police report, but it wonā€™t do a damn thing!

I would call the police. Not sure if they can do anything but worth a try. Lesson learned to never let him back in your life or house. Also that money wonā€™t last long with him so heā€™ll be begging to come back shortly Iā€™m sure. Screw anyone that steals.

2 Likes

File a police report that he robbed you and go to court and file for child support and check off the option that you want it taken directly out of his checks. The courts will make him work if he isnā€™t. They are NOT OK with someone saying they donā€™t have a job. They donā€™t care. His responsibility is to his child and the courts will enforce it.

2 Likes

For One. Call the police and get a police report. Let the cops know your serious and except them to do their job. Press charges!!! Next go file for child support.

1 Like

Make a report 2 the police thatā€™s stealing press chargers on him. Dnt let him back in ya house period

2 Likes

I would be calling the cops this is considered a really big crime anything over 1000 dollars is considered grand larceny.

2 Likes

File a report with the police he commited robbery

3 Likes

Call the police for sure

1 Like

Call the police. It will probably be a felony! That was a POS move and that is theft he deserves to be locked up!

2 Likes

Please go to police make a report or next time it will be all you own and if desperate may hurt you

2 Likes

Should have never let him stayed there

3 Likes

File a police report

1 Like

Call and make a police report. Change all of your locks and donā€™t let that man back into your lives. Iā€™d also take him to court for child support

14 Likes

Iā€™d say you are just out the cash. Unless you marked the bills. You have no proof that the money he has was yours. Will be your word against his and that wonā€™t fly in court. Just my opinion. Sorry for the loss

I had this happen to me once. I called the cops and they basically told me there was nothing they could do because I didnā€™t actually see them take the money so there was no evidence of it. Maybe threaten him with calling the cops tho and Mayne he will get scared and give it back.

3 Likes

You can file a report but unfortunately without solid proof there isnā€™t much you can do. Just telling them how took it doesnā€™t hold him accountable because anyone can say anything.

Stop trusting the ones you couldnā€™t trust the first time!!!

5 Likes

Call the Police! Call child support and get this man paying for his child. It sounds like you are covering for him. That is the last thing you should be doing. Get clear of this poor excuse for a human being.

11 Likes

Call the police!!! Press charges!!

4 Likes

Get him to talk about it in a text. Thereā€™s your proof. Make him pay child support. Tell him you have him on nanny cam and if he ever comes around you will have him arrested

7 Likes

If you didnā€™t see him do it thereā€™s nothing theyā€™ll do unfortunately šŸ„²

Get him scared and say you called the cops. Tell him they are coming over to write a report and do fingerprinting of the safeā€¦ Maybe it will scare him into telling the truth. Truthfully, you can make a report, but they probably wonā€™t do anything

12 Likes

Call your PD make a report . Then file charges against him for theft. Make sure you have proof of the amount he stole because you may need a lawyer as well.

3 Likes

Call the police. Make a report. Check to make sure nothing else is missing. The police can send an investigator over to take fingerprints of the safe.

3 Likes

Nothing will happen. My ex stole 6500 from me before my house burnt down. Cops canā€™t do anything cause u canā€™t prove you owned the cash and your insurance will only cover 200. So youā€™ll prob have to just eat on it like I did. Currently starting over with nothing and my almost 8 year old daughter. I hope things work out but it didnā€™t for meā€¦ Prayers to you

2 Likes

Crime victimā€™s assistance program may reimburse your stolen money. If you filed a timely police report, and press charges. (in NY) What state r u in? C if they have a simular program.

1 Like

Call & report
They will find his fingers prints on it

3 Likes

l get paid over $ 130 per hour working from home. l never thought Iā€™d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 17385 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

https://dailyjobs11.wixsite.com/my-site

1 Like

Small claims maybe. If you can gather any proof.

1 Like

Quit having children with random men!!

4 Likes

file a report and a restraining order

3 Likes

Yes take him to court

I wud rent him i finally was able to download the footage off of the sims card in the camera hidden, so give back the money or I bring to the police

2 Likes

Omg this is awful Iā€™m so sorry :disappointed:

You can ask PD to come finger print the safe.

3 Likes

Call the cops, file a report and point them in his direction!

4 Likes

Unfortunately without any kind of proof it wouldnā€™t stand in court. The only way is to somehow get him to admit it.

1 Like

Make a report with the policeā€¦ thatā€™s the first thing you should of done and now itā€™s a lesson learned. Donā€™t trust him to be in your houseā€¦ next time he can rent a hotel room! Iā€™m so sorry this happened to you :disappointed:

4 Likes

Get out, NOWWWWWWWW.

2 Likes

At least make a police report, press charges if possible. And file for child support if you are able. Good luck :four_leaf_clover: and pray :pray:.

8 Likes

My daughter has the same problem God Bless you do what you got to do praying for you

You can get finger prints, but he lived in your home, so really nothing will come of it. Small claims court, you will need proof, and you really donā€™t have none. I would never allow him in your home again. Keep money in the bank, anyone could run off with a safe.

3 Likes

Never keep cash! And if you do take a picture of every bill you stick in there.

1 Like

File charges on him. Donā€™t wait any longer. He deserves whatever outcome he gets.

4 Likes

Call the police and make a police report, why didnā€™t you put that much money in the bank?

5 Likes

Donā€™t allow the jerk in your house ever again.

6 Likes

This shouldnā€™t even be a questionā€¦ call the police and make a theft reportā€¦ use common sense.

3 Likes

Call the police. He doesnā€™t even live there. Press charges.

1 Like

Unless there is proof, itā€™s your word against his. Lesson learned, and it cost you that much to cut ties with him. Never again.

3 Likes

I went through kind of the same thing. But he didnā€™t live with me. He was watching the kids while I was at work and I came home he was leaving so quickly and was gone as I was getting out of the car. Well my safe with all of my bill money and important documents was gone and I made a police report but nothing was ever done about it.

What would I do to that person

Let that toxic man out of your life. If he will steal from the mother of his child, who knows what he is capable of.

1 Like

Call the Police and make a report just to have on file. Then call his momma if he has one and tell her what her low life son did. He stole from your child basically. That was money for shelter, food, gas, medical care in case of sickness and etcs. Then go file for Child Support asap but put on there that you Do Not Want him to have Visitation. Itā€™s called Not Good Cause term. Then go get a civil order for protection against him. Iā€™ve been in the same situation long ago. It hurts and you never thought but then yeah it happened. You got this.

8 Likes

Desperate people do Desperate things

File a complaint with police for documentation even though there is nothing to be done. Next, see about legally getting child support from him through court order. At least these issues will be documented and possible recourse of actions may occur. You definitely got screwed !!

3 Likes