My childs father stole money from me, what can I do?

File a police complaint and get a report written up ASAP press charges and get proof of lock smiths and cash that was in the same as well as keep all text calls ect between you and home and anything that shows he was in your home and they took off law enforcement will issues report it will go to prosecuting attorney they can choose to press charges and issue a warrant or possibly give you grounds for small claims depending on if they consider it robbery

3 Likes

Like my parents used to tell us…you can learn the easy way or the hard way…you can’t trust many people in this thing called life…so sad…

2 Likes

You can try to press charges but its cash and you really dont have much proof unless he admits it. Thats the problem with leaving cash around, you cant prove you had it let alone he stole it, even though it sounds like he did.

3 Likes

If he’s the only one in your house when he was watching you put the money in the safe at the time, then I’d file a lawsuit. I’m pretty sure that’s a felony.

2 Likes

Make a police report. File for child support and file a small claims case.

4 Likes

Call the cops and make a report. File a civil suit

if it was cash you wont get any help from the police

File for child support. Make the jerk pay for what he did.! You can’t prove he still cash. It is a he said-she said, but you can hurt him in another way

5 Likes

File a police report and then file with the court with child support. Including retroactive support and put his ass in FRO so they can take it from him.

File a police report, get an attorney and file for child support. Also a restraining order. And get a new safe or open a bank account. And for Damn sure don’t let that POS around you or your daughter in your life again. Anyone who would steal from his baby moma and baby is capable of anything. Sorry this happened to you.

Make a report call the police and never let this man close to you again.Father of your child or not.He did not care that he took money for your rent or for your child…hes not a father.good luck

2 Likes

Legal no you did not see him so that is out let his family know including his dad ask him for money that his son took

Call the Police ,they could pull him over and check if he had your money on him.

Call the police and file a report. I would never let this man stay with you again. He stole money from you that you needed to pay rent and keep a roof over your child’s head. He didn’t care if your child has a roof over their head or anything they may need. Good luck.

5 Likes

Sadly cash isn’t really traceable and you didn’t physically see him taking it so there is nothing much to do about retrieving the money. I’d definitely still file a police report and attempt to do something about it. I’d also be sure to go after him anyway possible including child support.

2 Likes

I would make a police report.

It’s gone! Make a police report and move on.

You said “several thousand dollars” and that is a felony. Report it to the police.

5 Likes

Not sure it will go anywhere but I would definitely call the police and make a report.

1 Like

Tell him you will press charges if he doesn’t pay it back, if he doesn’t Press charges and say he took it! Nobody else could have clearly!!! Put him on CS, Get a prepaid card or bank acct…never leave money are ppl

1 Like

What a low life. Don’t ever let him stay with you or see his daughter. Report him and demand child support but sounds like he’s a total deadbeat bum so not like the loser has money to pay since he had to steal from his daughters mother. Gross. Sounds like a total scum bag

You call the police. Press charges and then you file for full custody & child support.
Even if they don’t get the money back, the file is there. Make sure you contact the police where he lives and file a complaint with them too.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if anything can be done but I would definitely at least try. Please go to the police.

Tell him you had cameras up and u have him on video. That he can do this the easy way or the hard way. Maybe he will fess up :tipping_hand_woman:t3:

2 Likes

Tell him u have a hidden camera and have footage. Contact pd.

3 Likes

Why haven’t you shot him yet?

6 Likes

nope there isn’t anything unless you want to ring up more bills in small claims. This is where you say to yourself well if this is all it takes to be rid of you better now then later on in life. who knows maybe one day he will grow up and replace it but for now if he skipped with all your flash then he will keep skipping until you have no return address so if I were you I’d leave him be because it won’t be long before he is broke and on the streets an remember keep that door closed and change all your locks an make sure you get a camera door bell so that if he ever tries to return while you are at work then you’ll know immediately and call the police to get rid of the flea. Carry on as you are you are doing great take care and let it go

Police, maybe they can finger print.

1 Like

Really don’t think you can do anything with out proof maybe have police do fingerprints

1 Like

You will have to file police report then pay to file a small claim and take him to court. But good luck trying to prove he did. So basically nothing. Just a lesson learned unfortunately

Communication through text only. Try to get him to admit he was the only one in there with you. Get him to admit he saw you put the money in there. The police may be able to see his spending and prove he took it. ALL COMMUNICATION VUA TECT

File a police report

If he does give child support, why did you let him stay with you? Will not mention why did you let him know about the safe

2 Likes

Nothing you can do unfortunately.
File a report but you will most likely never see the money back.

1 Like

Do you have proof he took it? If you don’t have proof he took it unfortunately there is really nothing you can do. I would also cut him out of your life especially since he sounds like a lazy piece of shit and an absent father.

And this is why I use a bank and debit card. Very rarely do I keep cash

1 Like

Call the police and charge his ass

You could file a report. If you consent to it being fingerprinted and wanting to press charges you can nab him that way but that still won’t get you your money back he prob spent it already or will by time this is finished

1 Like

File a police report would have been the first thing. So they could take finger prints.

1 Like

Ca the police. File a report.

Take me to court for child support

1 Like

I went through the same thing year’s ago and sorry but there is nothing you can do unless you have cameras up and it is showing him taking the money out, I tried to help a friend of mine and while me and my children went out to eat one year close to Christmas she and her boyfriend found my safe and opened it and took several hundred dollars out, neither of them had any money or a job or anyone who would help them and I was the sucker, Praying that you can get something done

Press charges then file for child support and full custody.

6 Likes

Report it to the law

Do not let him come back. He will do it again, and again

6 Likes

Don’t let t he bastard back in

Call the police. Report him for theft

2 Likes

Call the police but, if the money is already gone, you won’t get it back. Side note, don’t ever let anybody watch you put something in your safe. If you can’t trust them enough to have a joint bank account or credit card with them, they don’t need to see what you’re putting in your safe or what is already in there.

4 Likes

Press charges. My ex stole money from me, I sued and won.

6 Likes

Call the police and file a claim to press charges

5 Likes

I’d tell him he has like 4 hours to bring all the money back or youre going to file a police report and sue him for the amount missing cause he’s the only one that knew about it.

13 Likes

You can report it but it’s unlikely any criminal charges will be filed. You can try taking him to small claims court but it’s unlikely you’ll recoup anything unless he admits to taking it.

I’m sorry but it looks like the only thing you’re going to walk away from this with is a lesson. 

2 Likes

Call police, press charges and sue for child support.

5 Likes

I would make a report probably never see it but I would have your county go after him so hard for child support the sooner the better I just found out they don’t do back support unless u where married I was stubborn and never filed tell he was15 years old and they won’t go back so.sad stick him to the wall with that said 4 years later he’s never paid since 15 now they put hold on his driving license

4 Likes

He sounds like a horrible person…×hu would u let him stay??? N WHY WOULD U SAFE HIM THE SAFE N MONEY???

Call the police and press charges!!!

3 Likes

If you are going to do anything about it , as in call the police or file any charges, you need to do it now you cannot wait or they will not do anything about it. Because you willingly let him stay with you I’m not sure there’s much that can be done.  next time don’t put a code in on your safe in front of him and don’t show him that you’re putting money in there.

3 Likes

Make report and file child support

2 Likes

First: he needs to pay child support. N0W. Report him. File with child support services. ( Is there anybody you can call?? ) I would also file a police report. They may not be able to do much, but you really should at least file !!

3 Likes

Call the cops, and file a police report asap.

I hope you learn your lesson and never allow someone to stay with you especially since you paid to keep him up for 3 months.

1 Like

Report it to the police! That is theft! It’s very sad when people steal & have no regard for what other people may need their money for!

2 Likes

I would call the police and report it. The best thing you can do is put your money in the bank because if anything does happen there will be receipts. Putting cash in a safe will almost be impossible to track who did it unless you have cameras.

Your own fault why was he anywhere around when u put money in there and made the code :expressionless: u can call police doesn’t mean they can or will do anything u will have to go to small claims court and have proof he took it which u really don’t

3 Likes

So he doesn’t help with your daughter… but you let him stay in your house? :thinking: anyway… file a police report immediately and see about small claims court

should’ve kicked him outta the room

1 Like

Press charges. And drag his ass to court for child support.

Make a report, file for support, and never set up codes or input them in front of people who shouldn’t have access.

Lessen one don’t let him stay at your house . Be careful to do anything around him. Watch him like a hawk if at your house. Better to meet n park. File report!

Unfortunately a lesson learned the hard way. I guarantee this will never happen to you again.

Honestly there won’t be much you can do. I would file for child support get the help you deserve and keep it moving. If you have cameras up that would be great to prove but most don’t

1 Like

Gile a police report. An amount that big would be grand larceny and a felony so they may actually go after him.

5 Likes

Ma’am, you knew who you were dealing with. That is why you aren’t even questioning if it was possible. Why would you set up the code with him in the room? The cops can’t do anything because you have to show proof he broke into the safe. With him having the code, appears like you gave him access. You’re going to have to chalk this one as a lesson learned

2 Likes

Press charges on him

1 Like

Call the police and charge him

1 Like

You’ll most likely have to go to small claims, to get that money back. However, you were a possible victim of financial abuse. If he watched you every single time and didn’t offer any discretion, it might be because he has control over you in some way. That could be mental, physical, etc.
NOW PLEASE DO Following:

FILE A Police Report.

Keep every receipt (scan those receipts into a secure file/flash drive).
If you borrowed from Aunt Jo, have her write a letter that she loaned you XX amount and have her attach a bank statement showing a withdrawal. Get a better SAFE! If you can’t afford one, I highly recommend you keep it somewhere else if you can’t not put it in the bank. Because he knows you keep cash. He might brag/boast to a random friend about this incident. They might try to drop by. So be ready for the unexpected. Have a secure property. Never be alone with him.
File child support and full custody. Notify your important contacts that he isn’t allowed at or near your residence. File a restraining order.
Be firm. Reach out to local organizations, like the Womens Domestic Violence groups. We can help you.
I hope you are safe & well. :sunflower:

3 Likes

Seriously you have to ask what to do. :thinking: um duh call the police on him then let him move back in with you.

1 Like

One shouldn’t let him stay, 2 shouldn’t of let him around your safe, 3 it is cash you can’t prove or do anything. I’m sorry this sucks

Dude, as soon as you realized you were ROBBED, you should have called the police.

A lot of these questions man… are asked by dumb shits, I swear.

I guess you could file a police report, but without catching him in the act or having a witness, it’s your word against his. Because it was cash, there is no definitive way of proving the exact amount that was stolen.

I’d call the police and have them fingerprint the safe. Maybe you’ll get lucky and they’ll be able to pull his print. Id press charges for the money stolen and I’d take him for child support. Don’t try to be nice, it just hurts you and your baby.

2 Likes

Take yo lick! You’re not getting that money back boo!

1 Like

Take him to Judge Judy

Tell him he can return the money or you will go to the police

well i guess you r out cause its his word
aginst yours you can call the law and report it maybe your insurances may pay you but he would never come on my property agian if i had to get a court order

you can tell everyone what kind of lolife pos he is and destroy him

You better call the police and get that safe fingerprinted !!! There is zero other possibility for that money to be gone and HE KNOWS IT!!

2 Likes

Call the police and report him

2 Likes

You honestly might not be able to do anything. You didnt see him take it and its cash so its untraceable

Dude you’re screwed but don’t ever let him back in

2 Likes

Call the police!!! Can’t do anything enless it is documented you report it

3 Likes

Call the police and take him to court for child support

3 Likes

Call your law enforcement and contact a family lawyer - sweetie- he stole from you - the one person who helped him when he was down. Get your Momma War Face on, and realize he not only ripped you off but your ability/means of taking care of your baby and her well-being.:sunflower::v:t4:

5 Likes

First mistake letting him stay with you?

4 Likes

File a police report, maybe at least it can get on record. Why show anyone your safe? Especially dead beat dad’s. Idk sad.

2 Likes

Hard to prove, but would call police to find out your options. Unfortunate, valuable lesson, NEVER trust him or let him stay with you again.

No way to prove it but you could eventually end up getting some of your money back in the long run if you file for child support. Which you should do anyways if you haven’t in the interest of your chd.

2 Likes

Hard to believe he suddenly became a thief so he’s probably stolen from you before. It’s your word against his as to who’s money it is especially since it was cash and he obviously knew the code that you will never be able to prove that you didn’t give it to him. And the fact that he was living/sleeping with you is considered a domestic partnership so sorry to say you’re pretty much sunk. Take it as a lesson learned and get your custody and child support in the works. No sense in worrying your self at this point it’s a done deal so hit him hard in the pocketbook :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Unfortunately it is cash and cannot be traced. I would file for child support and let it be.

1 Like

In New Zealand we have a thing called civil court and that deals with matters like this. I’ve just been awarded 3600 that my ex took. Go online and look up your options for where you live. Sorry to hear this has happened to you. So many assholes out there. Good luck :heart::heart: