My daughter came out and my husband started treating her different...advice?

Take your kids and go. Why should your child be miserable in her home?

4 Likes

People be concentrating on the bi part like he wasn’t an a hole to her before that? It seems he’s never truly been accepting of her, the fact it was just her. I’d have left then. It’s only gonna get worse like it obv has done

2 Likes

That’s a hard out for me ! If you hurt, belittle, or mistreat my kids, we have a problem !! I don’t think I could stay when my daughter is growing up with insecurities because of him. Not ok.

3 Likes

Look obviously your kids come first. Maybe you should put your daughter is some therapy or something. Lots of kids are saying they are gay or trans for the attention. Then regretted it after, some took it I bit to far, can’t cope and think about suicide some even comment it. We are in some crazy days when parents easily accept, what we all know is morally wrong. And please we all know it’s true so don’t even bother with rude comments to my comment. Wish you the best, but seriously consider therapy maybe for the whole family. Before words and actions get carried to far to come back.

Ask him to leave, your poor girl must be so sad, in fact you too, your children will always come first xx

2 Likes

Its just not alright that he already singles her out for harsher discipline than the other 4 kids (of course including your own child together) firstly. Secondly by verbal abuse for something that is part of her make up not acceptable. He isn’t going to change or if he “changes” it would just be an act for your benefit alone whilst you are in the same room. Then after he has gone you only need work out arrangements with the child you had together, amicably.

I would leave him for mykid

No way would I let anybody treat my kids like that.My daughter gay I accepted it if other people don’t then stay away.

Tell him to grow up and get over himself and be respectful towards your daughter at all times or get out of your house!

2 Likes

As she was a child whe he started on her did you say anything, I would of left that stays with the child does he know the damage he has done to her.Put your kids first.

1 Like

Tell him to change or leave

1 Like

Support your daughter. She is your flesh and blood. Divorce him. No man is worth losing a child.

2 Likes

ALWAYS CHILDREN before anyone,if he cant accept your daughter , you cant accept him

1 Like

He needs to go. Kids come first, always

2 Likes

she’s an extension of you. if he can’t accept her, he’s gotta go. you keeping him around is at your daughters expense, don’t do that to her.
and as someone else said, even if he did “change,” it wouldn’t be genuine

6 Likes

He’s making your daughter miserable and you’re still with him?

3 Likes

Leave , your kids come first no matter whether he’s her dad or not it will effect her in the long run

1 Like

Leave his homophobic ass.

Tell him to quit his sh*t or you’ll be leaving :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Get her out of there before he crushes her spirit completely.

4 Likes

From someone with a daughter who’s also openly bisexual… if her step father EVER made her feel bad for it or called her names, he’d be outside. This would be a fight once, and only once… the fact that it’s been allowed to continue is bothersome. Suicide and mental health problems are exponentially higher in the lgbtq community… no partner is worth that… protect your baby.

5 Likes

Kids come first… you’re showing her that it’s ok to be treated that way by staying, which could effect her future relationships…leave his sorry ass …shame on him for doing that

“my husband and I share one kid, and have 2 each from previous relationships. In the beginning it was great but then I learned he was a bully because he would pick on one of my kids who was 8/9 at the time. This child recently came out and I learned my husband is also homophobic because he is gay bashing my queer child” that’s what I read and, for the life of me, I cant understand why you’re still with him. He’s literally garbage.

4 Likes

If he’s focusing on one child I’d be very careful of something sexual going on behind the scenes. Men often exaggerate their lack of connection to hide their guilt

6 Likes

Hell no. No one on this earth will make my kids upset, uncomfortable or anything else. He would of been gone

3 Likes

Advocate for your child wouldn’t you want someone on your side your child can’t defend herself against someone you brought into her life she doesn’t need a bully she needs love

2 Likes

From the beginning when it happened you should’ve spoke how you feel be a bit ch when it comes to the little life we birth this post irritate me you should never ask about protecting yours

1 Like

Shame will never work if you honestly want to stay with someone. If you don’t, tell him to kick rocks. Educating a person is about empathy and understanding. If he doesn’t have empathy he’ll be very alone in his life. If you do, you’ll be surrounded with love. Please update us. :heart: (coming from a bi person)

Leave him. What kind of mother stays with a man who makes her child feel bad about themselves. It’s time to chose. Your daughter and her mental health or your husband??

4 Likes

Nothing will change now you’ve been allowing it for 6 years. Better do something drastic or your daughter will resent you for allowing the mistreatment

He can get fucked. My oldest is transgender and if my partner couldn’t accept that, I’d tell him to pack his bags. My babies come first, and I’m a fierce mama bear.

Don’t let your husband be your child’s first bully. Your daughter was comfortable enough to open up about being bisexual and obv, your husband has a problem with it. He’s homophobic. What kind of grown man picks on a child. He needs to kick rocks, asap.

4 Likes

shes only 8 she has no right coming out as anything why are you talking to her about this just give facts of life period

7 Likes

Tell him to back off or get lost

2 Likes

You need to protect your child. Have an adult conversation with him.

1 Like

Tell him to pull up his socks and wind his neck in…or tell him to get lost. Simple!

2 Likes

Time to go. Yer baby ain’t doin anything wrong and is being made to feel miserable fer it by one of the very folks who are supposed to love her and treat her as such. She shouldn’t have to deal with that.

He needs to accept your daughter for who she is. One conversation with him . He accepts her totally and treats her the same as the other children or he leaves. Children always come first.

1 Like

I’d honestly leave if ANY man I was with treated my child differently

3 Likes

Tell him to shut up and accept her for who she is .he’s digusting to even make her feel bad bout herself .and if he can’t accept her well that’s his hard luck treat him how she treats your daughter .your little girl should not to made to feel like this …she should be loved and cherished by him

That is your child ! Get rid of her bully! You should have done this a long time ago! Obviously he comes before your own blood!

2 Likes

tell her you love her, no matter what & tell your husband to stop & go fuck himself for being a prick

Tell him to stop or leave. Your child comes first.

6 Likes

What a P*G. I’m appalled that you haven’t kicked him to the curb. Poor girl.

5 Likes

Confront him about how he treats her give him one chance to fix it and let him know the consequences of if he doesn’t when my husband and I first got together I told him from the jump if he ever started treating my son differently I would leave him in a heart beat that I didn’t care how long we had been together my kid comes first always

4 Likes

Leave him and get your daughter counseling.

7 Likes

I would confront him and tell him that he is making her miserable and that he either needs to stop and accept her or he needs to kick rocks. My dad made me feel like shit all the way into me moving out after I came out as bi. Don’t let your daughter go through the emotional or mental turmoil. It had lasting effects on everything. Self worth, confidence, believing in yourself, etc.

Get rid of the cretin.

5 Likes

Either he stops or you take your daughter to a safe space, you are supposed to create a safe environment for her. You cannot control the bad/evil of the world but you can control what she’s around, if you continue to keep taking her around him then she will see that you both let her down. There shouldn’t be a difference in how the kids are treated.

5 Likes

Words and emotional damage can last a lifetime! My daughter is openly bi and it is known quickly that anyone can have their opinions but around her you do not intentionally hurt her or you won’t see her again. I do not care what role you play in her life either. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Talk to him tell him it’s not right to bully a child if he don’t change leave him your kids don’t need that in ther life.

1 Like

That shouldn’t even be a thought…take your kids and go…your children should always xone first…poor girl gonna have some major mental issues when she grows up…

3 Likes

if👏🏽they👏🏽got👏🏽problems👏🏽with👏🏽your👏🏽kid👏🏽there👏🏽isn’t👏🏽a👏🏽problem their👏🏽the👏🏽problem👏🏽

5 Likes

Wait so you know he’s Purposely treating her wrong , and causing her mental abuse?! Ion care blended or all of his this should never be allowed :unamused: if you can’t leave him with that alone get her away from his sheesh :woman_facepalming:t2: this is sick that you’re allowing her around him , hell it’s sick you can be around someone treating your flesh and blood like this :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

He either stops… or you leave… that’s it and that’s all :woman_shrugging:t5:

6 Likes

Your daughter is to young to know if she is bi or whatever. Do you guys believe that God made a man and woman? Men and Women together. I’m with your husband. Kids do this for attention. Maybe you just need to have a girls day with her and pay attention to your kid crying out for help.

17 Likes

You have a responsibility to your daughter to get this piece of shit out of her life. I hope she can forgive you for failing to do it sooner. Smarten up quick.

Leave this “man” and protect your child.

1 Like

It’s simple Divorce! Take your three and go you know he’s purposely saying those things to her and you are allowing it I suggest leaving him and getting her some help and consoling

2 Likes

File them papers hate on a child shouldn’t be allowed period and she should not have to be miserable because of someone’s inability to accept her this sounds like he’s set in his ways

1 Like

Ok, im not going to jump on the “Divorce him/Leave him” bandwagon rught away, because that isn’t always the answer considering youve built a family together. However you need to make it CLEAR that it isn’t acceptable for him to treat or talk to her this way. YOU need to back her up, and stand up for her, and she needs to know that you support her because she is a child. Make hum understand that you won’t tolerate anyone, especially HIM to bully her and make her feel less. Give him a chance to correct the behavior, and if it doesn’t work, then tell him the next step will be filing for a divorce. At the end of the day, you children need to know they matter and their voices are heard.

7 Likes

That’s a divorce situation I know you don’t want it to be but there’s no room for intolerance especially when your child was brave enough to express themselves

She’s too young to say that maybe someone put that idea in her head. My lil sis who is 16 now told me when she was 12 she thought the same so I asked her again when she was 13 I asked her and she started laughing real hard. I was like uhhhh… she said I was going thru a phase I was a stupid 12 year old. Now she has a bf…it’s just a phase but if it’s not that’s okay too!!

2 Likes

I’d leave.
Kids come first and I don’t associate with homophobic trash

Please do not listen to these people who’s stock response is to simply get a divorce. Divorce will embroil ALL of your children in needless drama and pain. And given that you have a child with this man, it probably means that even if you get a divorce, he will still be in the picture regardless! Talk to him, and make sure he knows that under no circumstances are disparaging remarks about her sexuality welcome in any form. Don’t be soft on this. Let him know that this is a crossroads. If he doesn’t recognize that he has been wrong, seek therapy. If therapy fails, THEN get a divorce.

2 Likes

For everyone that doesn’t understand this post, the child was 4 when they got together, they been together for 10 years, the child came out as bi last year, she would have been 13 now she’s 14.

It’s really pathetic for a stepdad (a grown man) to treat his stepdaughter that way and make homophobic remarks towards her. You need to either have a talk with your husband or you need to leave for the mental health of your daughter, all that negativity is not good for people that identify as LGBTQ+.

3 Likes

You leave. Your child trumps any “man”

4 Likes

Put your child first to let your husband make her miserable is wrong if it were me I’d be telling him to stop or if you don’t get out.

Leave. If someone was making MY daughter miserable on her sexuality I’d be gone. She doesn’t deserve that from him.

4 Likes

Get rid of the husband

I believe kids go through all sorts of emotions, feelings, self expression, keep guiding her and continue to communicate with him, explain to her/him in full transparency not everyone will accept her lifestyle choices, this is just the first of many life lessons she will encounter … Could be a phase… Experimentation of self expression whatever it is, he will not be the 1st or last person she will encounter that doesn’t accept it, she will have to accept their beliefs and opinions as she hopes they would accept hers. Like anything and everything else in the world this is a life lesson, she will be dealing with it the rest if her life, like how people deal with or process difference of opinions with race, ethnicity, religion, politics… Ect…

Talk with him and see why he’s behaving the way he is. A lot of people are just ignorant and use that as a “valid” way to hate on people. My partner told me that when he was younger he acted very homophobic. It wasn’t untill after he sat down with a gay man and talked that he realized there was no reason to be homophobic. Now the only thing he cares about is how you treat children and animals. Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn’t. I would definitely see whats making him so upset before doing anything drastic

I mean confront his ass and tell him either changes and quits doing that shit or your leaving so you can protect your children :person_shrugging:

I’m curious how he would feel if you were treating one of his kids differently than the other regardless of the reason. This is not ok. I suggest family counseling and individual counseling for your daughter to ensure that she knows there is absolutely nothing wrong with her.

5 Likes

No question at all!!! YOU CAN PUT A STOP TO IT!!! It’s UNBELIEVABLE, that you haven’t already! #SMH

3 Likes

He is an @$$. So you ent cuss his out yet?He can’t be walking about normal while my daughter unhappy. As he makes his dumb remark he was getting back a response.

Get rid of the husband :woman_shrugging:t3: You were a mother to your child long before you were a wife.

5 Likes

They both need help you think!

1 Like

Kids come first always no matter there preference.would he act same if it was his daughter? Ask him

2 Likes

If this post is for real your lack of character screams out to all of us.

3 Likes

I’d be thrilled! It’s like getting a son…

Ultimatum time for him. One more vulgar sentence to her and he’s done. The next comment I would tell him to leave the house for a week and then talk to him to see if you’ll agree to let him back in.

1 Like

I wouldn’t take the verbal abuse lightly at all. I’m surprised u let it go on that long. I’d be worried it could start turning physical and/or sexual. It happens, doesn’t matter if he has no prior incidents or not. Be more vigilant and talk to his ass Bc that’s not ok in any way ever to mistreat ur kid or his, it’s also not ok you’re allowing him to remain in the home treating her that way. He’s a pos. And I don’t care what any one else says about my thoughts on this situation

Take your children and leave .

Talk to him and have a plan to leave him, she counts on you for protection and it sounds like he’s gotten away with it for a while now and now the homophobe needs to be set straight

Personally I would pull my daughter aside and apologize to her for all the years i allowed her to be treated more harshly instead of speaking up the moment you noticed their was an issue. Then I would address my husband and let him know despite their differences of life choices/opinions he ABSOLUTELY NEEDS TO RESPECT HER AS A HUMAN BEING and to keep his sly ass remarks to himself from here on out! —People do what you allow, give an inch and they take a mile; boundaries are so important! No shame, I’m only assuming it’s gone on this long, so it’ll probably be harder to handle now but it’s never too late to stand up and speak your truth! Let the pieces lay where they fall, your baby girl didn’t ask to be treated any differently from the rest of her siblings and I can’t begin to imagine how it’s affected her over the years, mentally and emotionally.

Leave. No way should ur daughter feel uncomfortable and miserable in her own home, the one place shes post to be safe at.

3 Likes

My opinion. At 8-9 it’s hard to make such a tough life time decision I’m glad she can like and get along with male and female friends. Encourage her friends ships and let her be. Time will tell

Have a heart to heart talk with him. Let him know that if things don’t change he can leave.

1 Like

You gave birth to your child to love unconditionally whereas your husband has been there for 10yrs. and it seems that more than half of your marriage or time together hasn’t been all that joyful for anyone - the choice is simple in my own opinion - your child who is literally a part of you comes first above all including your other two children take them and walk before he does more harm. Good luck in whatever you choice you make and God Bless.

3 Likes

Choose your daughter over him. End of story

2 Likes

You’re supposed to be a mother first and wife 2nd… so there’s your answer

2 Likes

Whatever you do, stand up for your daughter! Sit him down for a talk, with no kids around, not at a restaurant or where there are any distractions. Ask him what his problem is (and yes, it is HIS problem)! If he can’t accept her for who she is & treat her the same as the others, he needs to go!

2 Likes

Tell him bye! Your daughter should not have to deal with homophobic remarks, especially from somebody that is suppose to love her unconditionally

He needs to grow up!!!

1 Like

Leave. You should never let anyone mentally and emotionally mess with your daughter. Your job is to protect her from the assholes in this world. It’s simple either he changes his behaviour or you be strong enough to leave the relationship for the sake of your daughter.

I would insist on family counseling immediately. If he refuses it would be a deal breaker for me.

Choose your husband, lose your daughter. And by the sounds of it you already are, she will get older and look back and realize you didn’t stand up for her and you will be the one to blame when you are supposed to be the one to protect her physically, mentally and emotionally. Your daughter comes first over ANY man. He can’t accept her, boy BYE :wave:t2:

2 Likes

WTF you are responsible for protecting your daughter i would have thought the answer would be obvious

Pack it up and leave. No need to live like that

1 Like