My daughter told me she was bi-sexual: Advice?

I knew about at that age and I still feel the same. I wish my parents would have supported me then. Be there for her, if she’s truly not she’ll figure it out on her own in time.

1 Like

Therapy, no facebook

1 Like

Im sorry you’ve had the type of life where this type of thing could be seen as a problem. Try not to worry about it.

Maybe she’s giving you hell at the fact she’s scared you won’t accept her. She’s using that to block you out in case you don’t accept her. You need to tell her you love her for who she is and she is born to love whoever. This generation is all about loving and accepting ourselves. Be there for her as best you can because being bisexual in a world like this is scary. Loving who you want is scary and the fact she opened up to you about it should mean a lot to you.

Do you love her any differently? If the answer is yes, then the problem is you, not your daughter. This has nothing to do with you, so keep your opinions on it to yourself. Does not affect you in any way, shape or form.

At 13 I feel “children” go through different likes dislikes… phases. She’s your daughter love her unconditionally!!! She needs you to help her figure things out but, not by judging her but, loving her. If she truley is or isn’t a bi-sexual that will in time work itself out.