My daughter was sexually assaulted in class and the school isn't doing anything about it: Help?

I need some help… my five year old daughter was sexually assaulted by another classmate at school this week. The school is making light of it because the kid that did it is five, as well. I just want to know what other people think about it. Am I crazy for wanting him to be held accountable for his actions and not just get a slap on the wrist? I do understand he could be going through certain circumstances at home, but I just feel like it should just be brushed under the rug because he is 5. If this situation isn’t tough enough already, I’m six months pregnant as well, so my emotions are going crazy, and the help and counseling isn’t coming quick enough for my daughter and myself.

69 Likes

He’s 5… What did he do??

9 Likes

I’d go to the police… Its sadly going to be hard to prove with them being 5. And what exactly did the 5 year old do. Not many would no what that would

2 Likes

I agree with you the child should be held accountable for his actions just like any other person would be. I also think that need to do an investigation with the child family because it sounds to be a little more going on at home that the child isn’t speaking of. Not only does your child need counseling but so does the child who is doing this.

9 Likes

If he’s five…makes ya wonder if this was done to him at that age he had to learn it somewhere…I would contact the police if the school isn’t going to step up! This behavior is not ok😠

10 Likes

You need to get over your perspective and realize that child is probably being molested because he wouldn’t touch another child that way if it wasn’t happening. Maybe this is your opportunity to save a child or help them and instead you’re too worried about just your child. Children learn from somewhere. That boy might be in danger at home.

15 Likes

CYA or local Police.

If not held accountable now he will grow up to think these things are ok. Set up parent principal meeting ASAP dont take no. If they refuse go outside to police make report. This Is NOT ok for any reason.

5 Likes

Sadly he’s probably getting touched at home i think you should call protective services to further investigate

5 Likes

When my child was 5 she was forced to hide 2 (6) year old girls while they touched each other. Turns out one of them were being touched at home. I threatened to go to the news if something wasnt done. My kid was literally afraid to ride the bus again with those girls. Squeeky wheels get greased mama. Raise hell and get it taken care of.

That child might just be being molested go to the police…

3 Likes

Ok so we need more information were they “playing doctor” as kids do? Or is there more going on in his home life? Call social services and have them investigate his home life

4 Likes

It’s more concerning that a 5 year old knows “how” to touch like that, but he/she cannot comprehend what they are doing. Police? definitely not, unless it’s clear theres something far beyond. I’d say the school counselor is a great resource and they should do a “good touch, bad touch” and go over personal boundaries (what a swim suit covers) in detail. While unnerving, keep your emotions in check. Now is the time to teach your own child body boundaries without making it a “thing” :woman_shrugging:t2: all this without knowing any details of course.

My question is what would be an acceptable punishment for this 5 year old in your mind? I would be more concerned if someone was touching/hurting him and demanding that it be investigated and that the child be evaluated for trauma.

Where were the damn adults when that happened? They should be held accountable!!!

2 Likes

What’s the police going to do to a five year old? Probably traumatise him further. I would concentrate on comforting your daughter and rebuilding her strength rather than getting the law on a kid.

Set up a meeting with the principal and this child’s parents. I would also file a policy report. I had a similar situation with my daughter in kindergarten, a little boy put his hand down the back of her pants while sitting on the little carpet for story time. I got no call, no note. My daughter came home bawling. We were at the school the next day, barged into the principals’ office (who happened to be in a meeting with a police officer) and went off. If they refuse, then call the local news station and go down to the main school board office and pitch a fit.

If a five year old is showing some type of sexual behavior towards others it’s probably because they are being molested or are around that kind of thing to even know anything about it at that age.

4 Likes

I actually disagree with the people who think it means he might be getting molested because that instinct is there in little boys when they are acting very aggressively, they don’t need to have seen it anywhere.

2 Likes

Call the police…you maybe saving others from be hurt.

The parents should be checked on. The kid is 5 years old. How many of you remember what you did when you were 5? Make she gets transferred to a different class and have school pay for counseling. I also feel the school should be held accountable for not watching them properly. I would sue the school district because this may affect your child in the future.

Go to principle in not satisfied then go above the principe and if not satisfied then talk to police
I am so sorry ur child/ you are going through this. Also concerned for the boys situation as to why he feels this is acceptable.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t see how any of us can make a really justified answer here. We have no details of what happened. I mean it’s a 5 year old. So what exactly did the 5 year old do? If it’s something really bad, then yes, I would contact your local authorities. Because a 5 year old will usually imitate what they see or have been taught. If something more innocent like a hug, kiss on the cheek or maybe some accidental touch, maybe the kid just needs to be taught about boundaries. He/she may not know better. I mean there’s a 10 year old who was just suspended recently in a school for assaulting a teacher. The details: the 10 year old hugged a teacher. Lol! Getting carried away with the accusations. So I think we need more details before we can actually help with this question.

18 Likes

I believe the child that molested your child has probably been molested. This child needs help as much as yours. This should be investigated and get your child some help.

2 Likes

How did you learn of the assault?

I’m sorry but when i was little playing Dr was using a stethoscope or putting pretend bandaids on. Nothing like a sexual assault. I don’t know what happened but if a 5 yr old was assaulted it shouldn’t matter the age on her behalf. She needs justification. On his behalf things do need to be checked out. This could continue if not handled seriously.

so sorry to hear this

u need to speak up. otherwise u gving a impression to ur daughter that u cant protect her
or this abuse is normal

plz do bring this matter up
with school governors and do involve police.

2 Likes

Would depend on what Happened. Without the specifics I don’t think it’s fair to condem a child especially that young. There is a vast difference btwn putting his hands down her pants and kissing her.
Everyone here getting angry without details. Schools have protocols and if it was severe they would have to take measures. But also what one says is to much maybe nothing to another. They are 5 and to treat him or her like anything else is ridiculous.

Use this as a teaching experience and no matter what he did make sure they both understand what happened and why it was or why it was perceived as wrong by one person or the other.
Geezzz they are kids…

17 Likes

Call a lawyer. Ask them the proper steps to take. The principal will just act like they are concerned and then convince you not to sue them. SUE THE SCHOOL DISTRICT!

What did the boy do? Hes 5 , how did he sexually assault your child?

5 Likes

Unacceptable this needs to be addressed and the child needs to be educated that it is not ok or the proper way to show that you like someone and that they matter to you as stated home environment has full potential to be the cause of this misconception but age 5 is far too young for such behavior this is a child in need of severe help and guidance

1 Like

What did he do? Some things may just be curiosity other behavior could be signs of him being molested. You need to go back to the school and let them know you’re not ok with the situation, and I’d call the superintendent. As teachers they’re mandated reporters. Behavior like that should not be swept under the rug

5 Likes

Seriously.? Five. Address with age appropriate social protocols.

3 Likes

You don’t need Facebook advice, you need legal advice. Call children’s services if you can’t get an attorney.

3 Likes

I would need more details of the situation…What was done is a very big deatil. I can’t give advice nor should anyone else without more details…

3 Likes

Skip right on past the school and go to the police immediately. The school is also a mandatory reporter and are required to do so. The little boy is probably being molested.

2 Likes

Im sorry your child got assaulted. However, what exactly are the punishment you hope for? Something is happening to that other 5 year old child and as a parent should feel sympathy. What happened to your daughter? You should call children services so that they may get to the bottom of what is happening to the other child. I wouldn’t expect a 5 year old to know what sexual assault is. My son at 5 was humping everything… he thought it was funny and I had to constantly remind him that it isn’t an acceptable behavior.

Yeah you ARE crazy. A five year old doesn’t typically know what that even means! So define “sexual assault” cuz I’m not buying it. The first thing that needs to happen is his parents being looked at. If all he did (or they did) was look at her or they looked at each other that’s not sexual assault it’s kids being curious. If there was touching or beyond then he is likely a victim of someone else. Don’t be an asshole. He. Is. FIVE.

12 Likes

Not the male child the parents or carers. Something must have happened to him so interfere with the person’s daughter. The police and social services need to investigate

3 Likes

If this boy did something sexually abusive it means he learned it somewhere. He needs help too. Call the police & the department of child & family immediately.

6 Likes

I think they should visit this young boys home and also pay for counseling for your daughter and him.

I believe that same age kids don’t generally get legally accused . And 5 is awfully young. I would want some in depth counseling to take place for both kids.

3 Likes

5 year olds don’t just naturally learn that behavior Something’s Happened to him in his home I’m not making light of the situation with your daughter is horrible what happened but you need to contact child protective services and notify them about what’s going or your local police department involved

6 Likes

You go to school board n you file s police report that’s what I’d do as mom oh it’s not to be swept under rug👎 why that kid did that I’d be wondering very seriously? Is that kid been bieng abused already?

2 Likes

Speak up no one should be sexually assaulted no matter the age

3 Likes

The only reply that has any common sense is from Sara Stanley. Well.said.

Did u call the cops that would be what I would do not ask Facebook SMH

4 Likes

There may be more going on behind the scenes they cant tell you about. They may not be brushing it off as much as you think they are

1 Like

Screw the school go to the law. They don’t even do anything about bullying

When you say sexually assaulted. What a do you mean? Some people consider a kiss on the cheek being sexually assaulted. Or a hug. But if you’re talking something serious I would be at the little boys parents door or if that’s not possible I would getting advice from the police department. The 5 year old is still a baby if he did something inappropriate he didn’t learn it by himself he had to have seen it or sadly experienced it himself and may need help

8 Likes

How can give year old be doin that stuff unless they see other people touching each other I can’t picture a five year old doin that stuff

I understand how you feel, but at that age, the act usually isn’t malicious in intent. The most I see happening here is therapy & maybe school wide lessons on personal space & no touching.
When my youngest son was in 7th grade, there was a boy that kept harassing him & grabbing my son’s crotch & rubbing on him. I had to go to the cops because the school didn’t do s**t!! I was amazed & appalled at the amount of adults telling me to “let it go”. The best was the one that said to me, “You know, you can ruin that child’s life with accusations like that”. What about MY child!!! It was sickening.
All I can say is teach your daughter to always speak up & fight back!! I wish you the best of luck!!!

I think this is sad … the child needs help. Prayers you find guidance your looking for .

They need to address consent. I’d go to the local news.

1 Like

Say these three words to them…Hiring a lawyer!!!

3 Likes

Get the law involved!!! You don’t know what this little boy is going through at home. I know it’s NOT an excuse but a child that young shouldn’t be doing these things!!! Good luck and stand your ground!

There isn’t enough information in order to give you useful advice.

9 Likes

Omg the kid is 5, he doesn’t know what he did…

4 Likes

I can’t believe how quick everyone is to judge without hearing the entire details which she didn’t even include.!!!

9 Likes

Really? A 5 year old know how to sexually assault now? This is unbelievable. You are going to cause more harm and damage as a parent that’s over the top blowing up over something so innocent. Gosh a 5 year old is so innocently young. The fact that an adult has the mentality “my daughter was just sexually assaulted” is nuts to me. Hugely overreacting. I would calmly talk to the parents, talk to your daughter, explain how it was not ok and that most importantly you are proud of her for coming forward and telling you. Then I would talk calmly with the school. To label this kid as basically a sex offender is ridiculous. He’s five! He doesn’t know what sex is! Kids explore, wonder.

At the age of 5, what did he do? Otherwise, I can’t say to much on it. Is she trying to see this 5 yr old get jail time wth?!?!

3 Likes

my daughter was attacked and was 17 in her school you know what they said that the attacker who was 18 I pressed charges on her…but that my daughter can transfer out and the bully attacker would stay and that the zero tolerance policy no longer exists but never did I get any correspondence on that this was no longer policy mind you it wasn’t on any website…so you contact your local police see what they say but you may want to transfer her out as they have shown they ain’t going to do anything about it…

I wanna know how a 5 year old knows anything about sex or anything to do with it… That in itself is disturbing

2 Likes

5 years old…he needs stopped NOW

1 Like

With the age of the child I’d tread carefully. Call local CPS so they can assess what’s going on in his home, he might be in danger himself and acting out. If you feel your own child needs help take her to counseling, I don’t know exactly what happened so cannot guess if she has any trauma. Either way even if she’s not traumatized she could be confused about the situation and it should be addressed by a professional.

5 Likes

Unfair to answer without knowing details of the assault, and what punishment she wants done as punishment

2 Likes

I should add my daughter is 12 and seen a special needs students penis on accident when he was sitting in a weird position with shorts on. We talked about it…point is you don’t even know anything about the 5 year old, and he’s 5.

I need more information to give an opinion or advice. What did the classmate do exactly?

What area or school did this happen at??

Ummm how about if we take two steps back and get some more info. this is a 5 yo and this was at school, what are you considering sexual assault? And how could such a thing happen in a kindergarten classroom without it being noticed? I don’t suspect a 5 yo even understands sexual assault, let alone knows to sneak and do it.

10 Likes

I would have the one who assaulted spoken to and made to know being touched ect is not alright and is wrong to do so and find out if something is going on with him because you usually learn from what is being to to you,you may be helping them when no one else will, and to let your daughter know it not alright to have that done to her, as parents should have that discussion with their kids at a young age because so much of it goes on and thyme keep quite:(:frowning:

He’s 5! Are you serious?! That poor child doesn’t even know what sexual assault is! Get over it!

2 Likes

He should be suspended. If he intentionally did something sexual there needs to be an investigation- at least by the school.

I think that if you wanna do something it should be directed to the parents, and the school should also take it seriously.

1 Like

Agreed. Not enough info for advice to be given? He’s 5, how much can he know or do? Was it a kid curiosity thing? Was it a brush up against in the playroom? We have no clue.

2 Likes

Every comment should be what did he do? How do you form an opinion when no details have been given.

3 Likes

Call dhs send them to the school and get fox news out there u may be saving that kids life

The boy could be acting out whats going on in his home an think its normal behavior. Somethin should be said to cps or cops so the boys home can be investigated to determine tbe boy hi.self is okay an let it be known that what he is doing is not acceptable. Depending on the act that he done. Because its not really verifed what happened

3 Likes

I’d go in there with the belt and whip his ass.

2 Likes

Tbh when I was 5 i was made to do sexual acts on a boy who was a few years older than me. He told me he wanted to try the things he saw on a videotape in his parents bedroom. He told me if i told anyone he made me put his penis in my mouth he would beat me up. I never told any adults. I say this situation needs to be taken seriously, bring it up with the parents. You never know what people are going through at home

Try talking with the parents see exactly what’s going on in the home. Because I’m sure he didn’t learn that on his own but the kid does need to know that what he did was wrong and it’s not acceptable

2 Likes

Is it a public school, if so go the the Superintendent with your story. If not go to the owner.

Go to police. Document document. This is not something to be light of. Get counseling

He’s 5… He probably doesn’t even understand what he did. We can’t help you without knowing what actually happened.

15 Likes

The school was supposed to report to initial intervention… A social worker should have been out to talk to both kids more the boy who performed the act

Need more information before I give my opinion

There’s not enough info to give advice on. Did touch her chest by accident? Touch her vagina on purpose? Dont see how a 5 year could rape another 5 year old in the middle of class so i doubt that is what happened. Stick his hand down her pants? I’ll show u mine if you show me yours? Each situation would be different advice. And the reasoning could be anywhere from personal curiosity to he saw something on t.v. or walked in on his parents doing something, or could be as bad as he is being abused by someone. Were there witnesses to see what actually happened. Was the little boy questioned about it? Was the parents questioned about it? Teacher? Depending on the situation call cps and have the boys home life investigated. Yes whatever he did is wrong. But he is 5. They are very monkey see monkey do and alot of the time do not know what they are doing. And im pretty sure at that age they aren’t even swearable as witnesses. I doubt any legal precessions will happen. He is 5. They aren’t going to put him in jail or a detention center. They aren’t going to put him on probabtion. The most they would do is have him court ordered to see a therapist if it were that serious. But your not giving much detail for anyone to give any accurate or helpful feedback on the situation. You make it sound like he raped her in class. Which is doubtful that happened. If you could elaborate a little more you would get better help. Or better yet not get legal advice from strangers on Facebook and call your local police department and see what they think u should do. But again you would need to give them more detail.

15 Likes

What exactly did the 5 yr do? Did anyone else see what he did, Do they have camera’s at the school like cctv?

This post contains absolutely NO specifics regarding the alleged “assualt.”
Looking at some of the comments, this “perpetrator” has apparently “probably done this to others,” “is probably being molested at home,” and a myriad of other conclusions.
How about we get EXACT facts…before we play Judge, Jury and Executioner…of a FIVE YEAR OLD!

23 Likes

That’s definitely not normal behavior!!!
You have the right to report those actions to your local law enforcement. Check your state laws!! Oh my gosh I can only imagine your frustration!

Pull all policies you can about code of conduct for school! Write letters and request for a meeting with the superintendent! Get all that together and demand actions!!!

I read through the comments and the fact that she is not saying what happened leads me to believe that it was not all that serious. I think we are jumping too soon now days. These are babies, they do what they see, who is to say this is happeneing to him and he just didnt see it on TV and they were playing house. Sex is everywhere. We need to educate our kids about appropriate behavior and teach them boundaries… just saying… they are 5 and i dont think you should be out for blood. He is a baby

10 Likes

Just my opinion, but I think the school should call a meeting with both families…

Will they not do a meeting with you, the principal, and the other child’s parents. He should have some form of discipline or how will he understand how wrong that is. I weeps also look into a therapy session with your child.

2 Likes

If the school is not concerned about the situation that took place…
They should not be concerned if someone should happen to throw a power ranger punch …

1 Like

Right. No opinion if we dont know exactly what happened.

5 Likes

5 year olds don’t know what’s wrong or right that’s why they are in kindergarten. You can’t expect a 5 year old to know what they are doing is sexual. It’s just playing around but the kid does need to be told that’s it’s not ok to do that. Can’t get mad if nothing is being done

5 Likes

7 is the age of accountability in oklahoma… the can charge a 7 yr old with rape and everyttttthhhhing so no don’t brush it under the rug

1 Like

If a 5 year old hugs a teacher and gets suspended then this is even worse than that so something should be done about it

Get an attorney!! And sue the school and parents. Don’t let them sweep it under the rug. That happened to my child in Jr high and nothing was done!

Assualted by a 5 year old? And who said this another 5 year old? Maybe its a made up story or false accusations did 5 year old admit to this? And go to another adult about this dont approach the child on ur own unless u want other problems ijs

6 Likes