My daughter was sexually assaulted in class and the school isn't doing anything about it: Help?

First make sure your daughter doesn’t feel she’s being ignored or swept under the rug or is unimportant and not worth protecting. That alone is why it’s worth following through on. Then ask a law enforcement officer to advise you, not a school official with an agenda.

By law the school has to investigate what happen, it doesn’t matter the age. And there is always someone above the principal and his boss as well. For a five year old to assault another five year old? Need alot more details to be able to give advice.

Don’t think it’s possible 5 yr olds come on what ar u gunning for a law suit good luck ain’t happening

Take her out of the school immediately. Stop expecting the school to give you some sort of satisfaction. Focus on your daughter.

3 Likes

Why didnt you call the police? Thats a crime, no matter where it happened!

2 Likes

Oh no get on the school lawyer up doing nothing 1. Makes her think she deserved it or its normal.2theres a little rapo in the making(other kid)seriously talj first lawuer up second and go to the news this is so wrong

1 Like

Unfortunately, states have an age min for prosecution. Its usually 7 but you can look it up under your states laws. 2nd, they dont usually actually put them through the system but will use “therapy” that requires the parents involvement.
Get you baby moved to another class or talk to the superintendent about having this boy sent to another school. This probably isnt what you want to hear but there are small changes that can be made to help your daughter feel more at ease about going to school.

1 Like

Contact the Board of Education and file a formal complaint against the Principal/School.

6 Likes

He should be removed from that school

3 Likes

Wow ! Some of the comments here though.5 years old and don’t know what they are doing wrong? Huh!

3 Likes

Ring the department possibly the police as well poor girl

She might need to see a phychologist

So many people victim blaming, saying maybe she’s lying or that the other 5 year old doesn’t know what he/she did was wrong. And then if it happens to YOUR kid, that’s the only time it’s wrong. Uhm no. 5 year olds should have been taught good touch and bad touch. This 5 year old must have been taught as much because she recognized a bad touch and told someone. Don’t underestimate what these kids can or can’t understand.
As to the OP my advice is to call a meeting and talk to his/her parents to make sure what happened, doesn’t happen again. And then get your child out of that class or the school all together. When everything is said and done, what happened is bad and should be dealt with appropriately. Don’t just make excuses for the one who did bad. How are they going to learn? But my goodness how people are acting as if her daughter is lying! This is why victims don’t come forward for goodness sake! Doesn’t matter the age… STOP victim blaming or making excuses for the one who did wrong!

Depends what happened? Not enough info here.
Plus the boy is 5 years old doesn’t know any better.

8 Likes

What do you recall sexual assault?

5 Likes

Did any of us know right from wrong at 5??? I’m not unsympathetic but this little boy could have seen it on tv. Furthermore if he didn’t exhibiting that behavior could be a sign he is being abused. When did we forget that we are supposed to protect ALL children???

20 Likes

My daughter was pushed into the toilet by a boy at 5 and showed his privates to her, the school took it very seriously and told us that at 5 they know the difference and know what is right and wrong when it comes to things like this! If the school are refusing to deal with it, call the police. Wether he is 5 or 15 it’s wrong and the child needs to learn so he doesnt grow up to be a sex pest.

No don’t brush it under the rug. But depending on the severity, u don’t have to go crazy about it either. Yes, the kid is 5. Did he REALLY know and understand what he was doing? A talking to seems to suffice if it wasn’t too severe a thing that he did. If it happens again, then deal with it further with the school and parents. Then after, get police involced. Again…depending on the severity. Is this kid known to do sexual stuff to other kids? Would it warrant getting DCF or police involved? Think rationally before jumking the gun. Thats my advice to u.

5 seriously? This post is laughable :rofl::rofl:what the little guy do touch her butt or give her a hug ? Bump
Into her ? . Please So tired of this PC crap

12 Likes

Call CPS ON THE CHILD you don’t know what is happening in his home. You just might be helping him more then you know

6 Likes

I really need to know what exactly happened. Because when I think sexual assault, I think rape, forced touching of private areas, etc. But with this being two five years olds… we just need more information. Because tbh… after looking through comments and not seeing an explanation of what happened, out of 200 PLUS comments… makes me think the original poster is blowing it out of proportion. That it wasn’t even anything close to sexual assault and that’s why they’re not saying what exactly happened.
No five year old is going to intentionally do anything sexual unless they’ve seen it or had it done to them. Point, blank period. So if there actually was indeed and assault, you need to call CPS and have someone investigate into his home life. A five year old is not capable of feeling arousal or sexually fuelled emotions, so if it actually happened, he’s not safe or his parents aren’t shutting the door for sexy time

20 Likes

You can still contact law enforcement and report it. They usually involve family services and try to figure out why the child did it. Etc…

I just unfollowed this page got a bit much

And what did he do at 5 years old??? You need to share the whole story! Not just the part that shows your favor! Smh…

7 Likes

I always liked Journeys of a woman, but I have to say they are starting to put stories that don’t tell the whole story. I think they should stay away from these stories unless they are prepared to tell the whole story.

6 Likes

Unfortunately society has forgotten about the stages of development and curiosity. So a five year old is going to have their life destroyed because of what exactly🤦🏾‍♀️how about teaching children. Would this be the case if it was a family member sexually assaulting a five year old.

6 Likes

You must live in Metro Detroit because I just read your story on the news. This is such a tough one, bc of the age of the boy. But I get what your saying - a slap on wrist just isn’t enough. I don’t think a punishment is in order here though. I think some sort of child counseling and family counseling would benefit in this situation. I’m sure the boy doesn’t fully understand what he did. He’s only 5, but he needs to learn that what he did was wrong, and why it is wrong. Good luck!!! I’m so sorry this happened to your daughter. :cry:

4 Likes

Both children need to see councillors so the boy can have it explained that it was wrong and the little girl needs support with what she is going through

1 Like

File a police report. This kid and his parents should be held accountable!

Assaulted how! I’m just curious!

4 Likes

depends on the assault . but yes speak to the parents or the police

Are people seriously suggesting she call the cops on a 5 year old? That is so pathetic its not even funny its not like hes some predator he probably got curious get ur dauter some counseling and give the boy a good talking to dont blast him on social media and the news good way to destroy a child

9 Likes

If he touched he butt, I don’t call that sexual assault.Sexual assault is classified as with intent to inappropriately touch.Kids do things without really thinking about what they are doing.Some are taught at an early age that it is wrong to touch someone butt or private parts, but they do not fully grasp what it means.I would go back to the school, and perhaps ask for a meeting with the other childs parents and a mediator.And with you present, let the parents know what happened.And maybe suggest that they talk to their child about the reason we do not touch another person.Then you talk to your child and explain to her that it was inappropriate, and that she was right in telling you.

3 Likes

Don’t ignore it but don’t overreact. And it sounds like you are on your way to overreacting. Some QUIET investigation into exactly what occurred and maybe what the little guy’s homelife is like is probably in order—maybe her homelife as well. But making him into a monster at five is not going to serve him, her or society well. And teaching either of them that this whole topic sets all adults hair on fire is a lesson you will regret. There is nothing to be gained by letting a five year old where the dynamite is. To recap, before I’m attacked by all sides: Don’t ignore it, but don’t make it the apocalypse; it MAY be something but it also may be very little, too.

4 Likes

Someone mentioned something that prompted me to google . IF it is the story I just read child protective services need to be called . Somethings is not well at home or that child’s head . The police are not the proper channel. Your daughter needs therapy and maybe a different school or to be home schooled for the rest of the year . Just my suggestion. Punishment is not the answer . Understand / teaching / getting confirmation something is very wrong is . Good luck and I’m truly sorry to hear that happened to her

your all mental they are Five years old for god sake !!!

5 Likes

Insist on a conference with the teacher and the boy’s parents. Let his parents have an opportunity to talk to their son before you draw unnecessary attention to the situation. If that doesn’t help then let law enforcement handle it.

My grandson is 5 and he wants to pull down his shorts and pee in front of everyone. Should I be worried? In other words their still learning. Are you serious?

5 year olds DO NOT sexually assault they are curious, lack the ability to think of consequences for actions. The bigger the deal you make of it the more they will want to know why you are. Sit your child down and go into the differences without too much info and how they can keep it from happening again! Predators (adults) know how to tell which child is ignorant on facts. They should know all this before going to school period. Your child’s name should NEVER be on the outside of their back pack or bag, coat or purse…keep the weirdo’s away and teach your kids what is normal and what is wrong and report it. Congrats on the upcoming baby and hormones are high so yes, you could be over reacting…if you know the child’s parent, speak to them about what happened and tell them, if it happens again you will be reporting it to the proper authorities aka teach your daughter the kick to the nuts. The child won’t do it again.

4 Likes

Are you for real ,in the old days we as adults would speak to each other as adults or parents first if we felt our kids were acting up ,if your gut tells you the parents are dodgy or weird only then you take it to the next level of authority,both sides have a story even your own child or daughter could be exaggerating the situation ,you were not present when this happened,logic they 5yr olds ,and curious and mimic things ,part their growth , please calm down and don’t see rape and see a potential sexual predator or misfit in society in this boy , your mind is working overtime , maybe you yourself have underlying fears ,and is projecting this onto your own daughter,their is a new baby in your belly ,this is unwanted stress levels you putting the new born and your self in ,go talk /communicate first with the boys parents ,not social media

2 Likes

Ummm they are both 5 years old? At that age they tend to play Doctor and that’s normal. Like what are you considering sexual assault…I would have been mortified as your 5 year old daughter because most of the time I was more curious than the boys lmao. 5 year olds don’t commit sexual assault…they are 5 :rofl::rofl::woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Ring Ofsted and social services x

That’s a strong accusation against a 5 year old! They do all sorts at that age, kiss each other, pulling pants and skirts up and down, smacking on the butt…but the reiteration here is that THEY ARE 5 YEARS OLD!

Explain boundaries and privacy, and if it continues I say, the next 4-5 years, then it’s a problem.

2 Likes

Hes 5! No you can’t punish him! Like Sharon said u can explain boundaries and what personal space is… As for the way you sound lady, worries me.

2 Likes

There’s not enough information provided to have an opinion. Her comments are too vague.

1 Like

I dont think a five years old understand what he did but the parents should be responsible for the child action anyway he wouldn’t do such a thing if he hasnt seen it doing by an adult. Parents or the guardian of the boy should be more careful because of the technology we have now kids could have access with everything if we not looking out with them carefully.

File a police report. Call a Lawyer and ask for legal advice and jot down notes.

:thinking: kids this age are curious didnt any of you play doctor as kids. Granted it should be addressed but seriously calling the cops on a 5 yr old is ridiculous

4 Likes

If he’s doing it at this age…it will only get worse as he gets older.Yes it Should be reported to the police.More than likely the same is happening at home

1 Like

Either the child us a ting out because its happening to them or you are making something out of nothing. 5 year old children dont intentionally sexually assault one another. There’s curiosity or the child is going through it at home. You can’t punish the child, but you can see he gets counseling . And should be investigated at home. Keep in mind a 5 year old can’t really find the words to describe what’s going on.

What the actual hell is going on here? What was the sexual abuse that occurred? If the school is letting it go, it’s probably not the extreme issue you’re making it out to be. Filing a police report against a 5 year old is absolutely mental. Jfc

1 Like

The 5 yr old should NOT be held accountable. Hes 5 & 5 yr old do inappropriate things as part of development. The parents need to make sure he now understands he cant do it. THE TEACHER needs to be held accountable for allowing it or not seeing it and the school.

1 Like

Calling the cops on a 5 year old isn’t going to do anything. I understand how you must be feeling. It’s scary to find out that your little girl had to experience something like that. I’m hoping the school has notified the other child’s parents. You can only hope that they thoroughly explain to this kid that it is never ok to touch anyone like that. I know a lot of people are saying that he’s just 5 years old, and that he was just curious. That may be the truth, but I’m sorry, at 5 years old a child knows better. At 5 years of age,they should know where their private parts are, and that no one is supposed to touch that area. They should also know not to touch other’s private areas. I would continue to talk to the school until you are comfortable with the outcome. It would also be a good idea to speak with your daughter’s pediatrician to see if they think it would be a good idea to maybe seek some counseling. I’m sure this situation really confused her. I’m sure she felt very uncomfortable and scared. It was most likely the first time she has ever encountered that emotion. Again, to the people saying, the other kid is only 5, the little girl is 5 as well. Memories that are made at the age of 5 can and most likely will be, lifelong memories. Just make sure your daughter works through this. Make sure she can talk about it if she needs to. I hope the other kid’s parents do the same. I hope you and your little girl can find peace of mind soon, and move forward.

1 Like

What would you have the punishment be? Label him as a sex offender at 5? Expel him for his natural curiosity.? Parents and school should have unending conversations about inappropriate touching and behavior with their children/students

Not saying what he did was right but he is 5 and Lord knows what he sees at home or at least outside of school plus that age is very curious. In this situation if u really wanna push it that’s on u but doesn’t seem worth it. Teach your child to not allow anyone to touch them to always tell right away if someone does and stay away from ppl she feels uncomfortable around. Not saying u don’t just clarifying! And let this go. U are having another baby soon and don’t need extra stress on your body or the baby keep a close eye and open communication with your daughter and her teacher/school. If u really wanna press it maybe have your daughters class changed if possible.

Probably best to be there for your daughter show her support for what she told you and start teaching her about body parts and the CORRECT terms for things and start getting her to feel comfortable with talking about it with both parents around that way when she is older she with feel comfortable talking to yous instead of thinking shes wrong ( i know as a kid I wished that I could if talked to my mum about) as hard as it is for a mum and dad to talk about it but we have to be realistic about it also yous might has a family seek to go to see a therapist or counselor for abit of help as a family. And I would DEFINITELY be looking into self defense classes for her ( never to young to learn how to defend yourself as a girl or as a woman)

No one even knows what the assault was and already know how to handle a completely vague situation between strangers.

How can any of you make assumptions without knowing details? What exactly did this “child” do because he is just that, “a child!”

A 5 year old doesnt understand sexual harrassment because they dont feel sexual desire at that age. You are over reacting.

Is this still going with no explanation off anything yet?? Wth!!

He should be held accountable. If they just let it go, when he gets older he will think his actions are acceptable. Better to nip it in the bud now. Assault is Assault regardless of age

You know there are a lot more pressing things in this world then two little one being friend for God sake what did this boy do. My kids are grown I raised my granddaughter several pta presences class aide the whole time and not once did I hear about a 5 or 6 year old sexually assaulting one another. Have your self since you seem to believe there was an incident of sexual misconduct why take it to face book you should be calling the police but I’m willing to bet it was innocent again what did this child do to your child ar

I’m a preK teacher. We see things all the time…especially in “home living” area. And without undermining what happened to your daughter I would just like to point out that as a 5 yr old I highly doubt that he was being intentionally harmful. Odds are he saw what he did to your daughter somewhere OR perhaps had this same thing done to him and has zero idea what the MEANING of the action is.
Do I believe that the situation needs looked into further, absolutely… should we be saying the other child assaulted your daughter? I just dont think so. Not at 5 yrs old.

26 Likes

I don’t think a five year old can be said to “sexually assault” someone, they don’t even understand what that is. They have natural curiosity about why their bodies are different etc but it’s not from a sexual place

1 Like

I wonder how many other parents is going to go to this before that stops sexual harassment in jobs places you don’t think it isn’t in school

1 Like

Put your daughter in another school. Make sure he is held accountable. For his actions

That depends, what was the severity of the assualt? (This is a rhetorical question)did he pin her down, was he violent? If so, I would insist on action. I’m a preschool teacher and when we see these kinds of problems we address them, legally we cannot tell the parent of the ‘other’ child what it’s being done. It is possible it is being addressed more diligently than you realise. That being said, I’d be doing random drop ins every so often if you can.

4 Likes

Um yes he definitely should be held accountable along with his parents from that matter since he is 5 he obviously needs mental health help. Where did he learn this he may need help himself he could possibly be a victim as well child Services should definitely be called to investigate went through this with my daughter at that age as well. As DSS was investigating the neighbor moved in 24 hours nobody ever found out where they went. :woman_shrugging: so I believe there was definitely issues going on in the home if the boy who assaulted my daughter. In my situation

There are a lot of people on here jumping to conclusions. Now a days, everyone has a different definition of sexual assault, especially when it comes to young children. It couldve been something as simple as him trying to give her a hug. Does it need to be addressed. Sure. But before all the hateful, condemning comments, it would sure be nice if we knew what the severity of it was.

15 Likes

The parents of that child definitely need some sense talked into them that is so upright and that sad thing is that poor little kid probably doesn’t even know that they did something wrong to y0ur child obviously there’s something going on at home and they definitely need to sit down and talk with these parents if they are not resolving this issue how can you even trust the school system

I pray that you check into it before doing some of the things suggested here… they could have harmful effects on both children if the situation was “harmless” like a hug or a kiss

6 Likes

It depends on what you mean by “sexually assualted”. At 5 years old, there is a lot of curiosity and some kids just dont have the ability to stay within boundaries (usually kids with ADHD). I would need to know what the reference to a sexual assualt actually id.

3 Likes

Praise your daughter for coming forward when she felt like she was touched inappropriately. Lots of kids don’t do that out of fear of retaliation of not being believed. Then speak with the child’s parents. The child is 5, so I don’t understand why everybody saying go to the police. They most likely weren’t aware that what they did was a bad thing or what consent is, and possibly being touched inappropriately by a friend or family member as well.

3 Likes

There is NOT enough information to really give any advice on, unfortunately. The age that is stated is a huge factor, and being this is FB where personal things shouldn’t be brought to light (so it is said) yet here we are and have something beyond extremely personal being brought to FB for opinions/advice.
Without knowing all the “personal” details and actual factors of this situation… Just my two cents…consult an attorney if it’s already being brought to the public such as FB.

2 Likes

A 5yeor old lacks the mental prowess to form the thought process to assault anyone.i would be looking at the kids parents.where exactly would a child learn this…you might end up helping a child of abuse

8 Likes

I can believe people are talking about arresting a 5 year old. Kids are curious at that age. He needs a good talking to and understanding about personal space. My babies are this age and to think of someone making them out to be predators because of what may have been a mistake or misunderstanding, makes me sad.

8 Likes

if it was an adult i would be calling the cops its another child… i would be speaking to the kids parents saying he needs to be informed not to touch anyone’s private areas… its a learning experience…

2 Likes

I would go to the principal first if he didn’t do anything then I would go to the school administrator but I would definitely not let that go

1 Like

The parents should be held accountable. Just what are they teaching this child?

7 Likes

My question would be, what exactly did the child do, an innocent hug, or even a kiss, maybe??

19 Likes

I hate to break it to you but just what are you wanting to hold against a 5 year old hello we are responsible for our children… Maybe both of the children parents need to be looked at and question… Let’s be real what in the world could a 5 year old do and not to mention at school no less… Please lady get some help for yourself…

2 Likes

No matter what your child should not have been sexually assaulted in any way. I would go to the school board or even the parents of the other child. And im wondering if something aint going on at the other child house that is either he seeing or happening to him. Definitely wouldn’t let it go

2 Likes

I’m assuming that your child was uncomfortable with the action of the other kid? I don’t want to make light of the situation, but what did he do?

10 Likes

I do not understand Mothers going on facebook for advise. Lol, you are the Mother! Think for yourself! Do whatever you feel needs to be done and stop asking fscebook community to do your thinking!

2 Likes

Call the police and DCS. Situations like this can escalate to something bigger. Needs to be investigated and child might need treatment.

2 Likes

Without a brief synopsis of the circumstances how can anyone give you advice? It depends on what the alleged assault is.

14 Likes

I would definitely talk to someone before you destroy a kid’s life. That child doesn’t know he did wrong. I’d check out the parents

2 Likes

Is the person who posted this some how gonna answer any of our questions??

1 Like

Call Child Protective Services. If the School isn’t going to do anything about it… This little boy is possibly being assaulted himself. Who knows.:frowning:

2 Likes

What did the 5 year supposedly do? Hug the girl, tell her she looked pretty. What could a 5 year possibly do to warrant sexual abuse.

1 Like

Don’t think the school will help you because they won’t. Go to police, media, board meetings, Facebook, anything to get someone to listen.

1 Like

I’m not a child psychologist. But I wonder what a slap on the wrist will do. Is he going to turn into a harden criminal rapist? Did you file a police report?

1 Like

Hello people we are casting our options as if we even know what happened… I think if anything happen the school is very much on top of it… But they both are only 5 like they don’t know what is wrong or right that is why they have parents… Just pray that both children are safe… I sure in hell wouldn’t put that on here if something happened to my child i would be looking into what is going on at the school and home…

Then contact the media and warn ppl in your area about the schools lack of support

What do you define as or consider “assault”

What did the 5yr old do to her ??? If it was bad then he could have got it from home

I’d say look into the parents of the other child because no 5 year old knows what doing anything like that is… but also has the school had that class talking about not touching in the “bathing suit” area is what they call it. Because if they have like they tried to have my sons class who is in kindergarten do which I didn’t allow because I figure one he’s too young to know what that is and let them be innocent in kindergarten and the other is it could change the way they think and try doing what they were told not to like kids usually do. I do agree that you should praise your daughter for coming to you and to encourage if anything like that happen that she remembers she can always come to you. But if not that ridiculous class then I would look into the parents and have that investigated

I would throw a holy shit fit. That should NOT be taken lightly in any way, shape or form!

Call the superintendent and if needed file a police report to start. Speak to the parents of the child. Do not let it go. It is not ok.

Oh my well. I would be upset but he is 5 so no I wouldn’t want anything to happen to him other than some counseling or something. He doesn’t know what he is doing.