My daughters daycare wants her back in pull-ups: Thoughts?

I agree with Amanda check into it

They may not be taking her to the bathroom when she ask

I wouldnā€™t let them tell you what to do. Dont go backwards

You need to change day cares it seems!

Def something going on! I would investigate that! And no pull ups

cause they to lazy to take her it seems like

U need to find daycare u donā€™t want her to go backwards

Something going on at the daycare.

I say they have to many to watch she is to old to be in pull ups

I agree with Amandaā€™s post

Check whatā€™s going on in daycare.

It could be a combination of both

They are just being lazy!

I work in childcare and we have potty trained 3 children who have come through our facility as well as working on 2 more. Stick to your guns and donā€™t let them put her back in pull-ups. Maybe get a potty watch to remind her to go while at daycare

When my children was little and time to potty trained I let them pick out their underwear and if they go to the bathroom in them . They will have to go to daycare in diaper it works for me with all four children

Well, i have a few thoughts regarding thisā€¦the daycare workers may be too busy to have her go to the bathroom every so often- and/ or just neglect to take her altogether opting to do diaper changesā€¦and/or perhaps your daughter is regressing/ expressing anger and such to change (especially) by what she can control. This regression to change is also often noticeable in their eating habits. Or perhaps there is something wrong going on there at the daycareā€¦though Iā€™d be more concerned if she were to exhibit behaviors like playing with her feces or enuresis at night when that isnā€™t the norm for her.
I know with my kidsā€¦ they potty trained a little later- in preschool (3-4 yrs old) as they were more apt to to go to the bathroom as they saw most their peers do. Even though they grasped the concept in early head start and started going to the pot at homeā€¦their peers at school were mostly still in diapers, so they would regress i school and also be inconsistent at homeā€¦but upon joining preschool classes that more specifically had a bathroom in the classroom rather than a shared public bathroom- they very quickly mastered potty training.

I donā€™t understand why they would ask you to put your child back in pull ups? Theyā€™re having to wipe her butt either way so what is the difference other then having to have an extra pair of pants. She might just be having a hard time with the new baby coming or something may be happening in the daycare if she is perfectly fine else where. I would maybe try to find out why she is only pooping her pants at daycare before you make an ultimate decision. Best of luck mamaā€‹:revolving_hearts::heart:

Something is going on at daycare, check it out ASAP!

God bless that child something is
Disturbing her :cupid: love you little one

Reward for no accidents.

Find another daycare

Rebecca Nielsen DeAnn Casavant

Yeah I think itā€™s the daycare! She may not be allowed to go to the potty!

At 2.5 years you are allowed 6 kids by yourself. No child is allowed out of your sight. So that means bringing 6 kids with you to the bathroon and have them all be still while you change and clean up the poopy child. Also with no other children in the house it may be a case of so busy playing she forgets/ doesnt pay attention when she has to go. Daycare teachers as a rule are far from lazy! Could you do their job?

Iā€™m gonna side with my daughter on this one. She is a pre school teacher and has worked at a few different kinds of daycares. Alyssa Scarborough! Find another daycare that has 2 teachers in the room. Will you pay more. Probably. Pandemic or no pandemic something ainā€™t right. Children regress when there is a problem. So something is up. Wether it be not enough teachers, sheā€™s too busy or it could be something else like a form of neglect. Itā€™s in your childā€™s best interest to keep moving forward. A daycare should never support your child regressing. So my advice. FIND ANOTHER DAYCARE! My credentials. EX pre school teacher. Mom of 2 children. Trust your childā€™s responses to her surroundings. If she does that well at home then something is up! Whether it be laziness or whatever. Trust your gut!

Iā€™d ask them if they take her potty regularly and if not then ask them why not and tell them itā€™s their fault sheā€™s having the accidents. Most likely she is playing and having fun or they just donā€™t listen when she tries to tell them she has to go.

I would be moving daycares. A childcare center should encourage the use of the bathroom ESPECIALLY at age 3. Maybe she needs reminders or to be taken to the bathroom more often instead of being shoved back in pullups.

1 Like

Maybe sheā€™s nervous about being there ask her if sheā€™s uncomfortable with someone THERE.And teach her NO BODY TOUCHES HER

If she goes when you have her, you need to check as to why she isnā€™t at daycare.

9 times out of 10 itā€™s not the child itā€™s the daycare

My daughter went through this when she was 2.5 and I told daycare no. We believe she was testing the staff and environment versus us and home environment. So she had multiple accidents daily for almost a week and no accidents at home. Week 2 - barely any issues. Odd accident here and there at daycare for a few weeks then completely stopped.

My daughterā€™s daycare wouldnā€™t let her go potty by herself. Somebody had to arrange to take her. They took their own sweet time to get someone called to watch the room so teacher could take her. I raised a fuss at daycare and the issue solved itself

Find another daycare , no daycare should want you to put your kids in pull-ups they are no better then a diaper and a good daycare will have the facilities to accommodate toddlers potty training

3 Likes

Itā€™s totally normal for the situation and her childcare center is there to provide emotional support during these transitions for her. While I wouldnā€™t recommend switching centers because that would add more change, I would recommend a conference with the director to remind her of the duties of early childhood professionals. I have worked in this field for 11 years and am 1 class away from a masters degree in Early Childhood Education. Feel free to message if you need advice or ways too steer this conversation in a way that will benefit your child.

Putting her back in pull-ups would cause her to relapse in potty training. It sounds like she just either is t getting the attention at daycare or someone is dropping the ball. Maybe look into a different daycare that can provide a better ratio of adults to children.

Sounds like you need a new daycare. Obviously they are not taking the time to take her and let her go. I am 100% confident that if she does well at home, they are not willing to adhere to her requests to use the bathroom when she tells them she has to potty. Remember, you donā€™t see or know whatā€™s behind closed doors. Be careful.

Maybe she is just having so much fun at daycare she doesnt stop to take the time. Im not so sure I would think something negative right off thae bat. Shes just a busy little girl at daycare

Maybe you need to change daycare. She could be afraid to tell them. She may have told someone and they told her she had to wait, but they waited to long and she couldnā€™t wait. Thatā€™s not her fault she told them!!! I would change daycare!!!

My granddaughter had the same problem, her doctor said to take her a potty chair of her own to the daycare, problem solved!

Maybe itā€™s not the baby maybe the teacher donā€™t let them go until she or he says that it is okay for you go , so baby has a accident donā€™t force the baby back into dippers it could cause your baby to start going on her self again. She does good at home and with you maybe the teacher should tell the kids if you have to potty let me no and go or invite you to come to class to help for a couple days to show the teacher the potty training schedule.

I worked as a 2 year old daycare teacher for 10 years. No, donā€™t go back to pull ups. I never liked them to begin with, but you should not go backward. Talk with your child in a relaxed setting, while your playing or readingā€¦she might be able to tell you why I her own way. Tell the daycare that you are just going to work through it and give them a couple of extra changes of clothes.

Donā€™t do it! Keep her in underwear and start rewards or something like that if sheā€™s goes all day at daycare. My mom has done daycare for 20+ years and itā€™s way way worse to have them back in pull-ups/diapers

I agree with the people that suggested somethings bothering her at daycare.

Defiantly not encourage be big girl give something work for something small things she have or errand stay accident free.

I think something is upsetting her at day care. Check it out throughly!

I owned two daycares and it looks like teacher or aide is not offering her to potty.

I agree, something is making her unhappy at daycare

My son potty training his own self.he wanted to be like his Dad.he tells me Mama zip want to be like Daddy so he went from diapers to underwear at 2 and never wire pull ups.

Something is going on move her as quickly as you can and have her checked to be sure no matter what

She just gets playing and goes in her pants then going to bathroom and. If the day care knows she is doing this she should have her go to the bathroom send every 2 or 3 hours and she will get on a schedule

Something must have happened that she is afraid to ask to potty

A lot of children do this when a new baby comes along.

Something is definitely going on. Somebody is being mean to your baby. Pay attention to her and ask questions :eyes: