My daughters daycare wants her back in pull-ups: Thoughts?

They have a potty watch she can wear. Makes them feel grown up you can set it for every couple hours. It will remind her to go if she’s busy playing

States that child is fine except at daycare. If it was due to a new baby coming would be all the time. Please find the child a new daycare.

It could be they are not responding to her need to go to the bathroom. They may think she’s too young and don’t take it that she really needs to go.

As a retired day care worker I have potty trained many children and I think pull ups are the worst thing to put on them! It lets them think it’s o k to let it happen! Pretty panties is the best! They don’t like to mess them up! I always gave them a treat after they performed!

Does she really like wearing big girl undies? Remind her that if she keeps pooping at daycare, they will insist on only pull ups and NO big girl undies. Ask her why she only has accidents at school and not at home because you are confused and need her help to understand.

I hate daycares find a home babysitting situation where she gets more attention

I used to work in a daycare and when you have a class full of toddlers and only 1 bathroom and you have lets say 15 kids and at least 8 of them are potty trained are starting on potty trained it is very hard to get children when you ask one kid if they have to go and 8 of them decide they need to go at the same time. People who are saying the daycare needs to do something it’s pretty much impossible job. Pull ups give some leeway just in case there are accidents so that the child does not have to change clothes every time they poop or pee in them. Do you as parent want to bring 6 pairs of pants and underwear a each day, for accidents. No you don’t I have dealt with parents who have said they are mad they have wash so many clothes and mad that if their kid runs out of clothes we have to put on clothes from the unclaimed clothes. So either buy the pull ups or don’t but do not complain we someone is asking for your help. Like kids who have had accidents would have major freak outs. Pull ups area safe y’all act like daycares have tons of bathroom and kids don’t want the same thing at the same time. You have one kid and how many bathrooms at home when you are alone with her. Of course she’ll use it all the time because she does not have to share

If it was “her wanting to be a baby again” she’d be doing it at home as well. I agree that it’s something at the daycare. I hope you can discover what the issue is. I don’t know the procedures for the bathroom at her school but perhaps she was told or just feels that she can’t go by herself and no one is taking her, or making her wait when she lets them know she has to go. That could be why she’s having accidents, by the time she vocalizes her need to go, there’s no longer time to wait for a “convenient” time.

My grandson from the time he was potty trained would never use a public restroom. Not even at school. He’s 17 and still won’t. Up until I was in my 30s I never would either. Maybe it’s the loudness of the toilet at daycare or maybe they have the automatic ones and it flushed while she was still sitting on it. I don’t know what type of daycare you have her at but it’s just a thought.

Tell day care it’s only happening there so it must be because of something they are doing maybe they are not allowing g her to use the toilet as needed

1 Like

I have and still do child care. Once a child is put of pull ups I tend to keep it that way for the parents.

If its only happening at daycare maybe their not taking her or allowing her to go when she needs to go. You need to talk to them to see whats going on to see what their schedule is for taking them to the bathroom… If it was about the baby she would be doing it more then just at daycare

Sounds like to me the day care is not telling your little one to go potty. You know how children play they get distracted and forget. Ask the day care!

Your daughter is not afraid to go potty at home…but she is clearly showing a sign of fear at daycare.

What I found with my kids is once they are having a ton of fun and playing with new friends. They tend to wait until the last second to go so they either go in their pants or do the pee/poop dance! They need to be reminding them to use the bathroom often and frequently taking them to the bathroom to try to go.

Yes we went Through this with our daughter just ask the day care to keep in forcing it and if you got to go back with the pull ups to have it get retrained don’t hesitate to do it because it will help and she’ll be fine with it you’ll start getting back in the habit of things she is just missing her father and thank you for his Service to the country

She’s stressed at daycare maybe to afraid to ask to go our maybe to shy or embarrassed Gently talk with about what they have to do to go .

My daycare worked with my son to help potty train. I’d say get a new daycare… then just wanting her back in pull ups is a red flag for me.

Pooping in their pants is a form of control. That’s one thing they have control over. She has no control over daddy, no control of mommy’s tummy getting bigger and being told a baby is on the way. But she can control where she poops! I wouldn’t go back to pull ups, that’s taking a step backwards. Tell daycare they need to make sure she goes potty. Don’t wait for it to happen. If they aren’t willing, find a new daycare.

Do not put her back in pullups they are just diapers…the daycare is not doing their job…get a new daycare

Its not uncommon for children to revert back. Pull ups will work for the daycare and her. She can still go potty but if she has an accident, it can be handled quickly…

She may just be really shy at daycare and doesn’t want to ask to use the bathroom. Or she gets way too busy playing with others and forgets to go. Dont assume the worst about the daycare though

Trauma or negative internal feelings is the usual cause of a fully potty trained child to revert to having frequent accidents. If she is fine at home and having accidents at daycare, it could be that she is having some kind of emotional or internal struggle, or has had some kind of trauma. Children always have a reason for what they do, the fact that she reverts at daycare is not normal. I’d investigate and talk to the daycare more about anything that COULD have happened without putting blame on them…I’d also just sit and talk to your little one. At 3, I assume she can communicate with you verbally, so I’d start just by talking to her and asking her if anything is wrong and why she has started having accidents at daycare.

This is strictly my opinion, as a nurse with a psych degree and a lot of training in peds/children…and also a mother of 2 :slight_smile:

Are they putting her on the potty regularly? Are others around? She may not like to poop with an audience so she goes to hide. Try a regular time.

Red Flag , something must be happening at the daycare, maybe she is uncomfortable there or worse…finding her another daycare ASAP

Also regression is completely normal to do with others and not at home
Often times at home they are scared of consequences so they wont have the accident and safe it for school where they know they will just be changed and no repercussions will occur

Ppl stop jumping to the inappropriate touching or incidents going on jeeze

I agree something is wrong and they are not
seeing she gets to the bathroom . Sounds like a lazy thing on their side. Don’t go backwards go somewhere else

Yes, my son did this before and for a little while after we had number 2. We didn’t put him back in pull ups because it is normal to regress and you are right, that won’t help…

Something has scared her at day care you need to talk to her. Tell her she needs to be a good example for the new baby

Make her feel xtra special when going to daycare , anew bag book just like a big sister would have. You can’t do without having her as a big sister.baby is not going to take her place

No, don’t go back to pull- ups it sounds to me like she might tell them she has to go and they do not take her, if she goes at home she will go there, I would check it out.

I’d ask to make sure they are given enough potty trips. Also in older toddler classes there should be in classroom potties available to the children. Suggestions from daycare are normal but if anything how you are doing things should be how the daycare tries to do it also the best they can.

Why should day care be the ones to deal with this…talk to her and put her in pull ups

2 Likes

I think your child is not comfortable with her caregivers at school. Maybe she feels shy to let them know that she wants to peepee. You need to inform the daycare that they need to take her to pee every 25 mins or if she have her own schedule to make sure she won’t have an accident. They shouldn’t wait for her to tell them that she needs to go. They should know the signs.

Send extra underwear. With all that is going on in the world, covid and the unrest, and new baby on the way she is bound to be nervous and maybe upset. Keep sending underwear. As a former daycare worker I understand it is an inconvenience. But why change her back to pull ups it will be more confusing for her. And being around others after being in lockdown she could just be too excited to remember to go

If she is not having accidents at home I would ? what is going on at daycare

Talk to her and see what she says. I would ask her what is going on. I would do process of elimination. Especially if she is not doing it at home. Don’t blame anyone just listen to her accounts you know your child.

If she is only doing it at daycare it could be something else. Have you tried talking to her?

1 Like

Maybe Daycare isn’t listening to her

My son and daughter in law did- their pediatrician said to let them wear it

She is digressing it would help to allow it for a while but re-enforce her importance as a big sister and keep her included and my second kids there was some issues and I know have 4 all grown , it would only give her comfort for a time… and keep her from embarrassing issues and being told she is doing bad. This happens at different stages when the push boundaries to see who they are to you. Let her know it’s okay for accidents we just need clean up keep going and let her talk about what she feels helps her find a voice.

Sounds like they want the convenience of a diaper. A pull up is a more expensive diaper. I’d find another daycare. The workers sound lazy.

Pull ups are just like underwear. No biggy. But if the child is having accidents at daycare and not at home. I would be looking into the daycare and see what is really going on

Daycare don’t take the time
to go with her to potty
Even still pull-ups are training pants teach her the same as underpants

When expecting my 2nd son 1 st at 30 months had 2 accidents in his pants. I asked him if he wanted diapers again. He said yes that lasted 2 hours back to underwear.

I have raised my four children and helped potty train 15 others. Do not go back to Pull-ups. It revolves around something at/with the daycare. If the child is not doing it at home, it very likely does not even tie into the pregnancy.

5 Likes

Let her know when the baby comes she’ll be the “ big sister” & will need to help mommy with the baby & going potty is something she can help teach the baby when it’s time for the baby to be big ???if it doesn’t stop …Find a different day care she may be having problems with someone there

Amanda Krug- I totally agree. If it was related to baby coming she would be doing it at home. And acting out usually happens after the baby is born.

To keep my daughter on track, her grandmother bought her and her favorite doll matching panties She loved it.

I agree with you Jalene Wasson Leach. Something is going on at daycare otherwise she would be doing it all the time.

I’d be more concerned with what’s happening at the daycare.

I agree! Something is off and it’s probably so subtle you almost can’t see!

Time for a new daycare something not right at this one

Evidently they are not taking the time to take her when she needs to go. Might want to see what is happening to your daughter

If she doing it at home then you need to check and see what’s going on in daycare

Maybe you should check on the daycare center. Maybe there is something bothing her there.

CHANGE YOUR DAY CARE. Put her in pull ups. You really do not know what’s going on but little ones that feel safe and secure… loved and understood don’t do that.

Yea don’t put her back in pull up leave under wear on her.either their not letting her go.or some thing going on in day care find out or change day care s

She must be afraid of their bathroom !! Have you asked her? Get a new daycare if they are not willing to resolve the problem there .

I would be checking into things and making surprise drop in’s to see what could be going on

What is going on at daycare that she is pooping. Has to be a reason.

Sounds like something is going on at daycare that is making her uncomfortable. Talk to your daughter

I would think something isn’t right at daycare. Please investigate.

Maybe family can help temporarily pay them as u would daycare

I am a teacher at a daycare and I have 2 to 3 yes olds. I want mine in underwear

It may be they are not getting to her needs in time. It’s not her its them…

Something isn’t right at daycare

Something not right at daycare.
Get her out of there.

Maybe they don’t take her or let her go when she had to.

My daughter refused to wear any diapers at 11 months old. The daycare had a cow! But, I told them she will be in panties and that is the end of that!

You pay the day care keep your child in underware that is there job to keep them clean

Something is going on at school ask for tapes .

At about 3 children will regress they get caught up in playing and wait to long to go and has accidents.

Some do but i never liked pullups anyway. They seem to think its like a diaper and use it that way

Do not go back to pull ups. It will set her back. It’s totally normal to have accidents. It’s very convenient for daycare, but they do know that its not ideal to go back. They are just going to have to remind her and ask her more frequently.

1 Like

I believe it is something going on at the day care.

They probably aint letter her go to the restroom when she’s asking

Maybe shes just too busy “playing” to be bothered.

Why is she in daycare if you are home???

your child your decision…they have to deal with it

I taught early childhood education- what you are saying sends up a red flag for me.
If your child is potty trained in environments outside school then:
1- they are not making toilet time available or scheduled. Children that age need to be reminded in school as it’s easy to get involved with activities- making bathroom time a bother…

2- something or someone is stressing her/ where now she is retentive in bowel movements( causing accidents)
Negative comments- “ don’t have any accidents today like you did yesterday… you stink… I don’t like changing you… your mom said you’re trained- who she kidding? …” I’d investigate.
Ask your child in a non judgmental way and time when she’s been away from school. A good time is when she successfully went to the toilet on her own. Kinda say “ I’m so proud of you- you handle the bathroom routine like an expert!:heart: hug her :heart: I noticed that it’s a little different at school… why do you think it is? I can help you “
If she tells you- and you’re not happy with hearing- DONT let on to her - or she’ll never share with you again. This is about trust between her and you.

What’s happening at her daycare?

I personally wouldn’t put the pull ups back on

How long has daddy been deployed roughly

Do not do pull ups, my childrens daycare took them potty hourly, its a daycare fail. If she wanted to act up over a new baby it would be at home to you, not just at daycare.

I’d pull her out. Something there could be triggering this.

Could be the daycare is not listening to her. Could be they are lazy.

1 Like

I agree with Amanda something is not right at day care

I would ask daycare to do potty schedule with her first

She not Potty trained then.

1 Like

Is the daycare allowing her to use the potty when she asks or do they have scheduled potty breaks for all of the children? Maybe she needs to potty more frequently than the other children and can’t hold it for the scheduled time.

Have the daycare continue having her go potty and have them keep asking her

Something isn’t right at the daycare please check it out

Sounds like day care will be helped,.

Maybe they wont let her go potty when she has to.

1 Like

Find a different daycare!!!

I would take her out of that daycare

Watch her behavior. She cannot tell you if someone is being mean to her athe day care.

Teachers or care givers no paying attention when she tells them she has to go potty

I would find new childcare.