My daughters father will not let her get her nails done: Advice?

No she’s to young, just paint them

1 Like

Way too young for acrylics. Just the cost alone, and damage to nails

Manicure or press ons at most

3 Likes

She’s in 5th grade . Not 15. Save that money and her nails and just polish them.

5 Likes

I was allowed to wear light colors clear pink and white . I mean I myself would take her mother daughter time. Her nails don’t have to look like hooker nails. She a lil young lady … let her enjoy plus if she is a good student why not. They do have press ons that arent long .

All the girls are getting them done can’t be that bad school allows it

1 Like

A manicure, yes! But to do a whole set on a little girl will only waste your money and mess up her real tiny baby girl nails. You can still get manicured nails decorated.

2 Likes

Manicure with gel polish is a good option. Too young for acrylics and never sneak behind your husband’s back

Nooe too young. Very bad foe her nails and health

1 Like

Why would you even have to ask to get nails done? I’d just take her and get the gel polish🤷🏼‍♀️

Everyone saying no, I let my daughter get hers done nothing to exaggerating but she definitely loved them. To each there own, if you shut her down on innocent things like this then she’ll stop asking permission for other things.

2 Likes

Yeah no just some polish will do. No kid needs fake nails

I didn’t get acrylics until I was 17 :flushed:
Definitely get her A manicure and gel polish 

1. Do you and father live together?
  2. If yes then no, don’t go do it behind his back that’s disrespectful and imagine if he did that to you!
  3. If no… then go for it. If your primary custodian that’s your decision.
  4. It is kind of a waste of money for a kid so young, but that’s your choice

So you’re going to go behind his back? Right.

So if he makes a choice and you disagree, he does it anyway - would you be upset?

Nail polish is fine, but acrylics? Seriously?

5 Likes

Acrylic fingernails ruin your nails. Believe me. Life comes at you fast enough, don’t rush everything, she’s just 10 years old. :disappointed:

4 Likes

What do you mean he won’t “let” it happen? What will he do to stop it? This is kind of a weird dynamic to be describing in the internet but since we’re here for nail polish, back to what really matters. As mentioned above, gel polish seems like a really great compromise for all parties and least likely to damage her teeth or nails when she realizes it doesn’t peel off like regular nail polish. Lots of young kids really like the stickers too, the ones that look like gel or acrylics and you can get some pretty cool ones on Amazon and give her lots of creative freedom over her look in the future, after maybe taking her to get her nails painted this once.

“Let her” really YOU are her mom

Why not do her nails with regular polish at home??

Of you go behind his back, you are setting the example for her to go behind your back and for him to do the same

11 Likes

I went to school to be a nail tech and wanted to let you know that anytime you get nails put on it damages your nail bed. The acrylic doesn’t let air get through to the nail to grow healthy and when they file the top of your nail it damages it. I would definitely not let her get nails put on.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go behind back but they do have a lot of options from Walmart or Walgreens of easy DIY nails and they can look just as good a s the real thing

I wouldn’t do acrylics but do a basic manicure with nail polish. Tell him that you’re not gonna do acrylics but a basic manicure with gel polish. If it was me, I would do the basic anyway and just say I did it :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Could you comprise with manicure with polish

2 Likes

no you shouldn’t take her behind her father’s back.

3 Likes

Take her to get them painted. Acrylic nails will ruin her young nails. You never go behind dad’s back and he should never go behind yours.

7 Likes

I agree with him. There are certain things my husband and I don’t agree on with our kids and if he feels like it’s too grown I respect his wishes.

Can you try finding middle ground like getting a gel manicure? She can still get designs and it’s long lasting.

7 Likes

She’s 10, why the rush for acrylics anyway? Gel should do just fine and they can still do designs

4 Likes

No, you’ll teach her it’s ok to disrespect her father and future husband’s decisions.

3 Likes

Acrylics are so bad for your nails… fifth grade is a little young for those and going behind her fathers back is setting a bad example and you wouldn’t like it if he went behind your back

2 Likes

Take her and get her to pick out a shellac colour they can put the gel over top so it doesn’t come off for atleast a couple weeks she doesn’t need fake nails at 10 . Bouuugiiieeeee lol

2 Likes

Reading these comments tells me all I need to know abt respecting the other parents opinion. :woman_facepalming:
No wonder most of y’all are single.
She is 10. Why can’t you just use gel polish? Acrylics are hard on nails and she’s so young.
Look, you eother respect his opinion or your don’t. If you take her, understand, when he sees it, he’ll have them removed. I’ve seen it happen.

1 Like

Take her to get a manicure and cool nail art on her nails. No need for it to be acrylics

2 Likes

Maybe do the press on instead ? There are tons of really cool ones now use a little nail glue and they last awhile see if dad is okay with that if not just settle for a cute paint job

1 Like

Who has her most of the time? When she’s with you do what you want. When she is with dad they can do what he wants. Your house doesn’t need to obey his rules. Y’all are not married. He can have it his way at his house.

1 Like

Nope she’s to young I won’t let my daughter get them done either

1 Like

I think it’s to much paint her nails only

1 Like

Are you her friend or her mother?

2 Likes

I want to appreciate you by sharing the good news to the world I made it out for the very first time with Mrs Angelina Wilson

:point_down::point_down:

Get them painted .
Shes 5 not 15 I agree with dad

1 Like

I’m just here to show my appreciations to the woman who took me out from zero to hero. i’m so glad to be among your winning team mate and i will always show my gratitude and work with you always. Thank you so much Mrs Angelina
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

How would you feel if the situation was reversed. If there was something you did not want for your child and the father did it anyway?

You need to find out what dad’s issues are. Is she to young for acrylics? Or to young for even nail polish? Is he afraid of her growing up, and just trying to slow things down?

For me it’s not issue as I would see it as bonding time with my daughter, plus it’s my money. However there is always another half to parenting or co parenting depending on your situation.

With your help through Forex & Crypto trading I have been able to clear my Credit card debts and I know many out there want to see this type of opportunity please help more people to succeed financially
:point_right: Redirecting...

Agree with dad. Anyone worth their trade won’t put nails on someone so young - they can really damage children nail beds. Oh and well done on parenting tactic - hopefully you can sense the sarcasm. Just image of the father did this to you….

1 Like

How would you feel if he did something behind your back? Get her some press ons or just take her for a manicure with gel polish

3 Likes

So if he went and did something with or for her behind your back, you didn’t want done, would you be happy about it :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I would be ok with getting her a manicure and having them painted, BUt a set
Of acrylics, NOPE’.

Instead of acrylics, do mani pedi or just a pedi.

2 Likes

Get her a mani but not acrylics. Way too young for that and it would ruin her nails!

3 Likes

A manicure yes fake nail no my nails are wrecked because of the fake nails dont do that to her

1 Like

I’d get her a set of press ons and have them do a manicure and press on set, you can even order custom acrylic sets. While I do agree with your husband, not for the same reasons. At that young the nail is still thinner, acrylics are TERRIBLE on nails.

1 Like

5th grade…one more grade and high school…totally normal to want nails. My daughter is five and I’ve taken her to have her nails painted but no gel

1 Like

absolutely not and I agree with him she’s too young! that is something for highschool! if anything get her the press ons that look just like acrylics from Walmart or target

3 Likes

IMO I wouldn’t want my kid to get acrylics, it’s not good for their nails and that age they’re still active and they could get in the way of that. Maybe just a manicure and polish

2 Likes

Absolutely not! Use your brain, Momma! Get them painted, but NO acrylic! Shes too young for that!

4 Likes

Get the help painted on them. That way it’s more than just a basic nail painting but not as harsh on her nails as the acrylic. That way she can still have pretty nails for the first day of school and feel special. I wouldn’t let my daughter have acrylic nails until she was almost 13. Her nails were very thin when she was younger

Ummm if you want to fight and make him feel like as a father his opinion is not valued go ahead do it behind his back, sometimes to us that stuff seems silly but it’s hard for a father to see his daughter grow up
Get the stick on street nails or just do mani but def respect your husband opinion and find a compromise that’s not the kind of relationship you what to have with him or something you want to teach your daughter (dad said no we just go behind his back)

1 Like

5th grade is 11-12 yr old. Why not. It’s just nails. They grow out

You would have a shit fit if he did anything u didn’t want right enough said

She’s way too young for acrylics. Compromise and get some nail stickers or glue ons

My daughter starts kindergarten this year and we are taking her to get hers done before she starts she loves painting her nails and I even let her paint mine he needs to accept that girls like to have pretty nails and theirs nothing wrong with that

You should never go behind your child’s other parent’s back. That sets a terrible example. The two of you should be a united front.

You can disagree but do not voice that in front of your children, period.

Compromise. Get her a basic gel manicure, they can do cool designs without the need for acrylics. My daughter gets gel manicures all the time and she is seven.

2 Likes

I gave up acrylic a long time ago (because they’re terrible for you) and now use press on and they last just as long and are a quarter of the price. Why not improvise and let her do that or just get her a really nice manicure?

No acrylics just a manicure with polish

Just removed my acrylics yesterday… Her nails will be even softer and thinner than mine. Show her this and see if she still wants them.

1 Like

There’s press ons at Claire’s and so many different designs. Just compromise with each other. If you have to go behind the other parents back probably isn’t the best idea or she can just get manicures with the designs.

Why waste money like that? The kid will have them popped off at the end of the day… atleast I was that way with fake nails as a kid :joy: it’s just best to save the money. Taking them for just nail painting would be a better idea. Its never good to do something behind the other parents back unless you want that same treatment… thats his kid too so he definitely has a say.

Nope her nail beds will be damaged she’s TOO young. Polish her own nails and get her a pedicure

If you go behind his back your telling her it’s ok to disobey her father. You need to work out a compromise with him.

I agree with him and I think she’s way too young for acrylics. I only allowed my daughter to get them when she was attending her junior prom. Up until then she was allowed to get manicures with gel polish. There are tons of in-between options for you guys to meet in the middle on.

Acrylic nails hurt me… My daughter is going into 6th grade and I have done gel manicures with her, which she promptly peels off after a couple days. My issue is that if they hurt her she will attempt to pull them off which will cause even more pain. Maybe some fancy press on or a gel manicure with designs. Ultimately you can do whatever you want but if you teach her now it’s okay to go behind her dad’s back against his wishes, she will remember as a teen that it’s okay…

Compromise with him, don’t go behind his back.

There are a bunch of cute press ons and even sticker nail polish. See if she likes those options!

Don’t turn this into a “dad says no” thing either.

1 Like

In my opinion, 5th grade is way too young for acrylics

3 Likes

Shes to young. Dad is right

1 Like

I wouldn’t let her get them done either. Kids play so hard I’d be afraid they would rip her entire nail off or break.

2 Likes

Go to Claire’s they have a ton of nails that have so many designs. I won’t let my step daughter get fake nails either it ruins your nails. Making them all soft and brittle. I agree I think she is to young for acrylic nails. Maybe just a polish and they can still do a design on the nail.

Maybe not acrylics. She’s only in 5th grade and they’re too harsh for her young hands. Maybe moderate length fake nails or press on nails.

Her nails are not strong enough , and why teach her it’s ok to disobey her dad ?? Get her some press on nails … she’ll grow up fast enough …

2 Likes

My daughter had hers done in 4th grade and by the end of the school day she had them all almost off…

Don’t do acrylic they will wreck her nails … you can though get a manicure with a shellac (gel nail paint) . I have my manicure and pedicure certificates this is how I know

Too young, get her press on nails :nail_care:

my daughter starts 5th grade today and the most is let her use is press one for now.

Tell him to get over himself and stop sexuallising fucking nails for christ sake

Compromise in this situation is always best. Find a middle ground that all three of you will be happy with - but always remember that it is the child’s best interest that is important- just because she wants something doesn’t necessarily mean she should have it. Good luck mama

1 Like

Dad can have his own feelings on this. Going behind his back is showing him his feelings don’t matter. Talk with him about some of these suggestions and see if there is a compromise. Don’t make this a “dad said no” situation either. I had a similar situation with my daughter and I made sure to let her know that I support how he feels on this.

5 Likes

Waste of money for a girl that young. And it’s not good for her nail beds. Take her to get a manicure that’s it.

NO that’s not good co-parenting and acrylic can literally ruin your nail bed so why let a10/11 year old so that. I get my nails done every so often but I don’t allow my daughter to get acrylic, she’s a kid. I do let her get gel paint on her nails with a design. No damage to her nails and not too grown for her age.

1 Like

Manicure and cute paint!! Get her toes done to match.
Got to agree with dad here. She’s too young. Acrylic will ruin her nails.

3 Likes

Why ruin her nail bed already? You sound ignorant

2 Likes

Don’t do acrylic, she’s too young. Taking her to get a mani with shellac is a great compromise though

2 Likes

My husband doesnt like it either but I’ve been taking my 6th grader with me for the last year. Talk to him & compromise on a short set. Maybe dip powder the first time or two & then see how it goes from there… that’s how it happened in my house

Painted yes acrylics no

1 Like

You and dad need to try and be on the same page… I wouldn’t go behind his back because you can’t really hide fake nails…and it’s not good when parents don’t work together. Why don’t you give her a home spa day and paint them for her? Talk to dad about what age he thinks is appropriate and y’all decide together and then she’ll have something to look forward to :heart:

No don’t go behind his back

Thru make cute press on for kids. But I have caught my own acrylics on stuff and cried because it hurt. Imagine getting an acrylic smashed at recess… press ons are cute and will pop off no pain. Or gel with a cute design, or those colorstreet type nail stickers, would all be great for her age and no pain, no nail damage.
You also shouldn’t openly teach her to go around her dad’s back and do whatever she wants no matter what, because in a few years THAT will be very problematic behavior for you to fix.

5 Likes

Acrylics no, but there’s other ways to have nice nails.

4 Likes

Just take her and get gel nail polish on her nails that’s all

2 Likes

Maybe let her do the healthy nails without the tips (dipped) so she feels like they are being done more then just paint, since there a few more steps involved. I wouldn’t do acrylics or tips at all though

Do a manicure. She doesn’t need acrylics in the 5th grade. Its definitely not worth going behind your SO back over and causing an argument. I bet you wouldn’t appreciate it if he disregarded something you weren’t fond of and went behind your back. :woman_shrugging: Not just that, itll ruin the nail bed.

1 Like

Acrylics are terrible for your nails. Why can’t she just get a really nice gel polish done

Not acrylics. Especially at that age. They are really damaging to your nails. But I let my daughter who is 8 get hers painted with me all the time. She loves it! Plus it’s a little mommy daughter bonding time too!

Press on or gel polish is a good compromise I think. I agree that acrylic may not be the best at this age. Maybe when she gets to high school revisit the idea.