My daughters husband sends me good morning messages: Should I tell her?

Are you sure it’s not a mass text and everyone gets that text. It sounds like nothing to me. But if you have told him to stop. Say something. Or ask him why he keeps sending them

2 Likes

My fiancé texts and calls my mom. I think they would call me crazy and insane if I told him not to text her good morning.

4 Likes

These anonymous posts are so fake and ridiculous lol

10 Likes

If it’s just a good morning text and nothing else why do you find it flirty? Are you sure it is or are you trying to falter yourself :roll_eyes: if he’s been with your daughter for 20 years most likely he see you as a mother soooo…unless you have more details to prove it’s inappropriate like messages that are undeniably of a flirty sexual nature then I’d keep your unwanted veiw to yourself cause once you say it and have no real reason to then your daughter just gonna think u want her man. :tipping_hand_woman:t3: He could very well text all his family members good morning as for as we know u didn’t provide any evidence to prove it flirty.

3 Likes

Do not reply again. Save messages. Stop replying. If he don’t stop idk. Just keep not responding.

Don’t tell her, and don’t engage with him. Delete his messages unread. Pretend he doesn’t exist.

That’s your child. You tell her. But, don’t imply any of your suspicions/thoughts. Stick strictly to the facts and ask that it end.

4 Likes

Lmaooooooo!!! Is saying good morning flirting? I am often nice to my friends too! Kindness goes a long way! Hes your son in-law! The only thing wrong about this is your feelings behind it. Clearly its making you feel some type of way lol

4 Likes

Unless hes being inappropriate id just ignore the messages tbh.

2 Likes

It depends, is it just “good morning” or something like “good morning beautiful”.

If it’s just good morning, leave it alone he probably means no harm and just trying to be nice. “good morning” is not being flirtatious

4 Likes

I’d tell him to back up an regroup real quick !! And they I didn’t appreciate him being flirty you are the one who has to stop it ! Block him !

It’s more Strange to me that you won’t say anything to your daughter more so than him saying good morning.

With that Said I am often messaging my mothers fiance. We talk all the time. We’re good buds but nobody is flirting. So this seems just wrong on so many levels.

5 Likes

Get a life !! People can’t even say nice gestures anymore without people taking it the wrong way . My husband texts my mom good morning every day . Bc he is a gentleman and truly loves my mom.

6 Likes

He is like ur kid he can’t say good morning?unless he is saying or doing inappropriate things u are the one w the problem lol seriously like

8 Likes

Just say good morning and on with your business

2 Likes

Tell him to stop. Why in the world wouldn’t you talk to HIM about it?

Maybe your daughter worries about you and has her husband do this so you don’t think she’s actively checking on you? :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Idk if I said “good morning” to someone with good vibes and they asked me to stop, I’d proobably feel a little hurt lol

1 Like

I mean say good morning dam

3 Likes

FFS…now saying goodbye morning is flirty? You are being dramatic af

4 Likes

Block him duh??? It’s as simple as that! A woman’s gut feeling is seldom wrong and you don’t want to be in the middle of something ugly, so, block and delete

Even if theres nothing to it. I would just let your daughter know. Just so she’s clueful about it. Not saying you would but you see alot of story’s about men or women running off with there wives/husbands parents.

If anyone thinks that their son in law saying “good morning” whether it’s in person or via text is “flirting” then they’ve got a serious issue.
Maybe the MIL is the one lusting over her daughters husband and is trying to cause some drama.

6 Likes

He’s your son in law he can talk to you right??

3 Likes

Is he appropriate in his verbiage? That’s the real question
I mean women know if they are sincere or not lol

3 Likes

Do the texts only say “Good morning?”
If so, don’t read more into it, other than he is simply being kind and saying good morning.

If it follows with something like “beautiful, etc… then he’s there may be an issue that needs addressing, but if it’s an honest, simple good morning? Good grief.

2 Likes

This wont end well, you need to protect the “life long” relationship,(your daughter) and stifle his misplaced affectional drive

Send one last message saying you’ve asked once and asking 1 final time to stop. If he doesn’t, you will tell your dd and he will be blocked. As much as you are fond of him as he’s with your dd, it is utterly inappropriate for him to do this

Now we can’t tell mother in laws good morning. Not everyone is trying to fuck you goofy.

So this sounds strange but I don’t know him nor you so I can’t make a proper judgment. I believe he is just making sure you’re ok and saying hi. If all of a sudden his character has changed or your gut is telling you something then you should speak with your daughter. It all depends on the context of the situation which we didn’t get enough of.

1 Like

Good morning to his mother in law doesn’t mean nothing maybe he just trying to be nice

3 Likes

So his crime is being nice?
I don’t get it :woman_shrugging:
Remember if covid taught us anything it was to check in with your loved ones

If anything I would MAYBE bring up to your daughter in a non-accusatory way like “it’s so sweet how sil texts everyone good morning everyday”

Lok I talk to my mil all the time and tell her I love her hood thing she’s not crazy

4 Likes

You’re uncomfortable because he texts you good morning? Lmfao you got bigger problems then if that’s flirty to you. I text everyone good morning, maybe I should make it clear in their texts I wasn’t flirting, just being friendly. You’re ridiculous.

5 Likes

I would imagine he’s probably just being nice/friendly (unless he goes beyond just saying good morning and starts saying creepy & uncomfortable stuff on top of good morning)… maybe if you don’t respond he’ll get the message and stop…

1 Like

If nothing else is said out of sorts then maybe your reading more into it

1 Like

Maybe it’s his way of checking on you and making sure you do in fact; wake up every morning…

1 Like

Is it every single morning? I’d tell him to stop sending me f***ing messages and be done with it. Lol. But that’s just me :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Oh so let’s see a message. Good morning text in general are just nice innocent but I need to know what you deem inappropriate and “flirty”.

7 Likes

Reply with “goodmorning SON”

10 Likes

You should just let her know, the fact that he didn’t stop when asked makes it worse so don’t listen to the people accusing you of lusting for him or whatever

1 Like

I don’t think the problem here is him sending a good morning message, that could just be friendliness or checking in. However, if you have asked him to stop and he’s ignored that and carried on, he isn’t respecting the boundaries you have asked for, and that is a problem. Can you not block his number?

I mean for whatever reason it makes you uncomfortable. Only you’d know why. I’d at least mention it

If you told him to stop and he’s not stopping then absolutely tell your daughter. If you don’t and she finds out in a different way that will hurt even more and make her question if she can even trust you.

I wouldn’t trust it either! My assumption is, he’s trying to start something! I don’t like it! :-1:

1 Like

Dude, he’s just saying GOOD MORNING. He’s not saying, “Hey, sexy mama” If it’s bothering you, then just ask him why he sends you morning texts? Or casually bring it up with your daughter.

You and your daughters husband are sick. Wow you even hide it from your own kid. You need help

1 Like

Just because he sends good morning texts doesn’t mean he’s flirting :sweat_smile::roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Say to your daughter what her husband does is a kind jester but you would really love it if she sent them. He may truly be doing a nice thing. But I would diffently let my daughter know you are receiving the texts from him. She will know if there is concerns, if she’s okay then make light of them.

1 Like

i would tell her that it’s making u uncomfortable and just tell her the truth u thought it was him being a good caring son in law but it’s too much and making u think he’s being flirty don’t leave out the part where u told him to stop and he hasn’t so now you’re letting her deal with her husband

2 Likes

If its just morning texts then maybe OK but does he txt u thru the day does he flirt with u thru the day or say good night too? If not then ur maybe reading too much into it

She might already know. Talk to them both if you are uncomfortable

The good morning part is fine but continuing after you told him not to is weird, I would hope my mom would tell me if my partner was making her uncomfortable.

2 Likes

Him saying good morning in itself isn’t flirty in the slightest. If he’s saying other things that’s another story.

7 Likes

The FIRST person you should have told was your daughter. Then hopefully she could tell you that you’re being DRAMATIC.
You gave no history here so I have to assume there is none.

Yeah it’s deff weird… Especially when you have already told him not to do it.

2 Likes

I honestly would tell your daughter if you two are close otherwise if she finds out it could damage your relationship with one another. There could be other behavior going on that she isn’t aware of and no one likes being potentially cheated on. Yes the truth hurts but they say it for good reason. Don’t treat it as it’s flirty in the conversation though. Just bring it to her attention and let her know it’s making you uncomfortable and to be observant of communications in the future

If hes making u uncomfortable I’d make it a dinner discussion an make him feel that way

2 Likes

That is weird. Id ask him why.

Be good mother and remind him of your daughter and that is disrespectful to even flirt with his wife’s mother

And if he doesn’t listen then tell the daughter that he’s no good for her if he flirts with other women and not just you.

If it’s just good morning texts but adds in a flirt screen shot them and send them to your daughter

It’s obvious he doesn’t want commitment

Wow make a mountain of a mole hill. No one should ever be polite to you!

1 Like

Is he only telling you good morning or is there something more in there I feel like you’re leaving something out because somebody’s telling you good morning is not flirty. But it is weird that you ask him to stop and you won’t stop that’s creepy But I don’t know about flirty.

I am constantly amazed at the low bar people have regarding expectations in a relationship.

I did not know that good morning text is a flirting thing, but because you feel uncomfortable I will say something when you all are together

1 Like

Be good mother and remind him of your daughter and that is disrespectful to even flirt with his wife’s mother

And if he doesn’t listen then tell the daughter that he’s no good for her if he flirts with other women and not just you.

If it’s just good morning texts but adds in a flirt screen shot them and send them to your daughter

It’s obvious he doesn’t want commitment

Ohhhh noooo tell him straight! Get him on his own and tell him to pack it tf in! If he continues get your daughter away from that man! If he can do it to his own mother in law imagine what he could be doing with others :face_vomiting:

I’d make a comment to him, while in company of other people and daughter, saying " Don’t worry about me dear. I know you think I’m lonely so you text me every day, but I’m doing fine. Use that precious time on your family." If he would still text me, then I’d show it to my daughter. She deserves better :pensive:

1 Like

This wouldn’t have been a discussion on fb for me!!! I would have told my daughter when i received the 1st message!

3 Likes

Umm is it just good morning because unless he is saying inappropriate things then nothing wrong with it

3 Likes

Now tell us the background story.

9 Likes

If he has not honored your request I think you should show her the messages. No person should come between you are her :heart:

Soooo…IF you honestly believe he’s being shady then FREAKIN. SAY. SOMETHING.
The fact that you don’t and that this keeps going on, means that you haven’t actually told him and maybe you’re just curious to see with what’s up.
But if you really feel put off about it, why not out him in front of her.
Something like “oh your dude texted me yesterday, but I was just too busy to respond. Did he need something important?”
With that you set that wheel in motion. If it is him being shady it’s out there in the open. If you’re just reading it wrong then you’ll know that too.

1 Like

Probably joking around or thinking he’s being sweet.

Her husband of 20 years… means he’s probably in his 40s and your in your 60s…

Tell her so everyone can laugh about you think he was serious.

1 Like

WTF?!?!!! Lady you are beyond petty!!! If he’s been your SIL for 20 years that means you are well into your 60’s!!! If he’s going to cheat he’s going to do it with a younger woman who doesn’t need KY​:sweat_drops: :woman_facepalming:t3:

5 Likes

Let her know as if he is flirting with his wife’s mother most likely he is with other women.
It could be all innocent

Tell him to stop, simple

1 Like

I would play dumb and ask your daughter why he sends you good mornings everyday. Make it like a joke. Its sweet but im not THAT lonely. And just let her deal with it.

7 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with that. I text my in-laws good morning. Unless there’s more to this story then I don’t see an issue

7 Likes

If saying good morning is flirting we are all screwed

10 Likes

Honey you should have told her from the first text, now you’re wanting to cause trouble

2 Likes

The line for me is that you asked him to stop and he didn’t stop…
so i would tell my daughter At that point just to get my daughter to get him 2 stop.

1 Like

Are you sure he’s flirting? I send my daughter good morning messages every morning and at least once a week I send her fiance a good morning message just simple good morning have a good day but nothing flirty

1 Like

Just let him taste it once see what happens

8 Likes

Tell him inappeiaprate…and if he doesn’t stop you’ll tell your daughter

Since when is saying good morning flirting?

7 Likes

If He’s just saying “Good Morning” why are you making it into more. I’d say, “Good Morning have a nice day,” back & get on with my life. He just might think its a pleasant way to start your day.

2 Likes

Since when is saying good morning flirting ? Or are you leaving out some details? Tell your daughter this isn’t high school.

3 Likes

Wow! Take that man in a positive way, like a son. You took it personal which not good

2 Likes

Boy I love me some mom’s
#yunggravy

Inform your daughter, let her know he’s thoughtful, but texting you isn’t necessary. She can take it from there. Block him.

1 Like

If it’s just “good morning” text, then YOU are the one who is reading more into this. Are those texts accompanied with flirty emojis, eg :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::gift_heart::gift_heart::gift_heart::cupid::cupid::cupid::cupid::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heart::heart::heart::heart:, anything like that? If NOT, then you are the one being attracted to your SIL. If its accompanied by flirty stuff, then speak to him, face to face about it, if he don’t stop, then tell your daughter.

6 Likes

I’d make a point of texting him to stop messaging everyday as your not that lonely and then if he carries on I’d bring it up with your daughter. I do think if they are flirty or he’s like that in person I’d tell her now she should know how’s he’s acting towards you as he could be doing the same with other women. Play it down tho so it doesn’t cause more of a drama than it already will do.

I’d be willing to bet he sends out a mass message. Meaning a “good morning” to lots of people all at once

6 Likes

Just stop responding. Block him if need be. Problem solved.

2 Likes

Block him.

Tell your daughter.

But a good morning txt each day is awesome need more people like that.

3 Likes

What if you’re thinking wrong about some Good Morning texts from your new son…

Maybe beat him to it tomorrow but send a group message to them both saying good morning! I think that will determine what you need to do next, if anything. This way it includes your daughter and lets him know you don’t want to be having private conversations via text.

I am sorry…he shouldn’t be doing it anymore especially since you have told him to stop. It does seem weird.

3 Likes

If you told him to stop and he refuses than it’s an issue and I would tell your daughter

1 Like

Depends on the content after in my opinion

Block his number? N then when he ask why tell him why infront of your daughter.