My daughters husband sends me good morning messages: Should I tell her?

I wanna know how he is sending you flirty messages…
Now is see why men always think women are flirting… in my book its called being nice … i used to send messages to my fil all the time. . Good morning, good night, or saw this…blah blah blah and thought of you…i mean its been over 20 years that they’ve been together. Is this new behavior… what changed in your and his relationship…has he never been close to you and vise versa… and what was his response to you asking him to stop messaging you?

1 Like

My son in law messages me too and not once have I ever thought it was inappropriate. He loves me as his Mom. You seem to be the one making it weird.

9 Likes

I’ve had exes do that before, after my dad passed away but it was purely innocent, my mom was just kind to everyone and they did it out of loving her like a mama as well, god rest her sweet soul, I sure wish my husband could have met her, heck he would probably be texting her every day too lol

1 Like

maybe your daughter should be concnered her mother is having the thoughts she’s having about her own son in law. I guess i’m flirting with my mother in law for messaing her as much i do… good grief

9 Likes

Your mind is in the gutter! I personally think :thinking: it’s awesome :clap: my Daughter would Think it was nice :+1:! I talk to my Son in law often! Has nothing to do with my Daughter :joy: she could care less :laughing:

2 Likes

Erm… if he won’t stop then I would definitely show her. No in law of mine is getting away with that shit free of consequences.

I think the more telling issue is that you have laid down a boundary and asked him to stop but he is choosing to disregard it.
The other half could have been explained a lot of ways but boundary stomping is not open to interpretation.

1 Like

Hang on… what’s flirty? Good morning to a mother in law is kind. My husband tells my mom he loves her and calls her Mom. He sends her messages… not everyday but he does check in on things and ask how specific things are going with her house or animals… what else has happened that’s making you uncomfortable? This seems like the energy when in person is off or something else happened.

2 Likes

Ignore the messages.

2 Likes

Just tell him it makes you uncomfortable, be firm, or if you don’t want to confront the situation just ignore the texts.

2 Likes

What sort of messages though? Let’s not be hasty and judgemental.

4 Likes

Telling someone good morning is being flirty now :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

4 Likes

Is it possible she asked him to check in on you periodically and that’s how he interpreted it and so is texting you? Unless something inappropriate is actually being said, good morning/ have a nice day/ good night, etc isn’t flirting.

5 Likes

Absolutely, not okay that you haven’t blocked his number and already exposed him. I’d feel so betrayed if I was your daughter. And he isn’t stopping bc he sees a way in. BLOCK HIM & GO TELL HER.

My boys dad and I are divorced and remarried and he still tells me Happy Birthday or Happy Mothers day… I don’t taken that as flirty. He is being king to the mother of his children. To many can’t accept a kind gesture these days without someone thinking they’re being flirted with.

You should ask him why he’s sending you those messages, could be completely innocent. If you asked him to stop and he’s continued then you need to tell him you will get your daughter involved because it’s making you uncomfortable.

1 Like

Sounds like you like starting bs

2 Likes

If you asked him to stop and he hasn’t then I’d would be bringing it up to your daughter. Communication is always best regardless if you know or think it will cause a problem because what he is doing is a problem!

4 Likes

Block his number. Simple.

1 Like

Before you tell your Daughter, which could potentially ruin your relationship with HER, I would suggest you have a ‘‘face to face’’ meeting with the Son in Law FIRST. Explain to him how these texts are affecting you, explain to him how you think it is not appropriate, and explain to him what your intentions are if he refuses to stop. BE CORDIAL WITH HIM AND MEET IN AN OPEN PUBLIC PLACE LIKE A FAST FOOD PLACE. Get his side of the story FIRST before going to your daughter.

3 Likes

Block his number. Period. And then tell your daughter. wtf. How is this even a question.

4 Likes

I deleted my comment, I apologize and misread

1 Like

Just block his number lol

1 Like

Tell him that it makes you uncomfortable and that you are going to block him then block him

Block him - sounds off to me.

5 Likes

Could possibly just be his nature to be caring for people he cares for….

4 Likes

She’s delusional this one…

1 Like

Block him and tell her BUT be very careful the way you word you self when telling her some and I mean some women WILL blame you as the aggressor keep this in mind that it may end your relationship with YOUR DAUGHTER

1 Like

Damn I must be flirting with everyone because I send out “goodmorning” texts to a lot of people lol

Is he sending just a good morning message to let you know you are thought of? Or are the messages actually flirty? Does he call you pet names or offer to come keep you company on the down low? Has he invited you to their home for supper for two? Or just let you know that he is genuinely concernd about you? Is it possible you could be reading into this too much?

11 Likes

My daughters father in law sends her good morning messages and I think it’s sweet. Why do you think this is flirty?

3 Likes

Well does he do it in a good morning mom way
U are his mother by marriage or do u feel its flirtatious

3 Likes

Weird AF! If my fella was sending my mum good morning texts Id be like say whatttt? Wtf I find that mega weird!

2 Likes

Innocently ask your daughter why he keeps texting you good morning. As if it’s general conversation. If she knows she will have an explanation. If not, she can take it up with him

11 Likes

Show them to her. You asked him to stop and he hasn’t

2 Likes

Just innocently mention to your daughter that her husband must worry about her because he texts her good morning everyday. Just keep it light.

2 Likes

Is he only saying “good morning”? Or is there more to the texts? Like “good morning beautiful”?
But if it’s making you uncomfortable, tell him. If he refuses to stop, then tell your daughter. Cuz she’s gonna find out eventually. And you’ll end up looking suspicious as well.

We need more context.
Just saying, “Good morning” isn’t flirty.
Tell your Daughter and ask her about it.
Communication goes a long way, but you don’t have to block him unless he’s saying “good morning baby” or actually flirting with you.
Saying “good morning” isn’t flirting.

1 Like

Lady, I think you’re lonely and I don’t even know you! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: This is what’s wrong with society. A man can’t send a “good morning” text TO HIS MOTHER IN LAW OF 20 YEARS, without there being some innuendo behind it.

It would be a different story if he was texting you every morning saying “lemme hit that momma”. THEN you would have something to complain about.

Do you complain about every man on the street that you pass that says good morning/afternoon/evening?!

2 Likes

Is it “good morning :blush:” or “goodmorning :heart_eyes::eggplant::sweat_drops::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

…maybe I am an odd one here, but my mom sends almost daily texts to people and to group texts that she wants to keep towards the tip of the texting list so she can more easily find them.
He could be being flirty or he could just be trying to keep your number easy to find in case of an emergency.
You are his MIL and you clearly have a good relationship with your daughter.
Maybe he is concerned about something happening to her for some reason and being able to reach you or making sure that one of their numbers is towards the top of the list in case of an emergency.endearment?
He could also just be concerned about you and be checking up on you.
Is it just a good morning?
Does he send flirtatious emoji’s or GIFs for emphasis?
Does he use pet names or or terms of endearments?
What led up to your divorce? Did it include your ex cheating on you?
You could be right and he could be trying to start something that ain’t right.
However, divorces tend to be fairly traumatic and sometimes, as a trauma response, a person can be hypervigilent, especially if there is a trigger.
Like a married man texting a single woman, regardless of the relationship if the woman on the receiving end had been cheated on previously- especially if it was recently- and included texts.
I could be completely wrong and you could very well be right.
But I would ask him directly why and then go from there.

Block him and def tell your daughter

Lady get a life the man is just saying we think of you!

2 Likes

Have u tried just blocking him??

1 Like

This could be completely INNOCENT!

1 Like

I would tell her in a non chalant way

1 Like

I bet he got a good laugh when u told him to stop. Do u know how many ppl don’t have any family, and would give anything to have a fam member that would text them. The messages r just good Morning nothing more. Ur breathing too much into it. Is his mother still w him? I bet ur daughter knows . Sounds like he’s just making sure u r doing OK since u are alone. Sounds like u have a very nice son in law. For all u know he could text every family member gm . As long as it is just Goodmorning there is nothing wrong w that. Maybe he wants u to know he is a good man that cares for ur daughter and the family. He may feel bad for u bc ur alone. Ur daughter may be behind this having him check up on you. Maybe she’s worried ab u. Just ask her.

2 Likes

Sounds to me that you are full of yourself

4 Likes

my daughters husband texts me and tells me he loves me wishes me happy mothers day birthday etc etc he is doing it because i gave him his beautiful wife maybe your son in law thinks the same way , i call my son in law my batman because he is always there if i need him

3 Likes

My son Inlaw has sent me messages not flirty l treat him like a son known him since he was 16 nearly 60 now cant see the problem

You told him to stop and he won’t? Uh…confront him 1 more time face to face then tell your daughter he refuses to stop!

5 Likes

If all he is saying is good morning I don’t see that as being flirtatious… Maybe he’s just trying to be nice

7 Likes

I need an example of the type of text messages before I give an opinion. If you truly think that he’s being inappropriate, you’re doing a disservice to your daughter by not telling her.:woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

My husband talks to my mother all the time to. Doesn’t bother me at all. He’s grown up with out one so I think it’s awesome he’s got mine to talk to. :woman_shrugging:t4: I would only be upset or find it weird if he was trying to make a pass at her. Not just good morning text. Daughter probably thinks it’s sweet since your mention your lonely.

1 Like

How is he being flirty? Perhaps your daughter knows? If not and he has crossed actual lines and you haven’t already blocked and told her, then you are conflicted

1 Like

Ya. He don’t think you’re lonely. :rofl: TELL HER. Cause you’re probs not the only one now or before :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Say good morning and then immediately ask how your daughter is doing and how everyone is and if he redirects the conversation to something more inappropriate again redirect it back to your daughter and if he continues to cycle then yes you need to let your daughter know that it’s making you uncomfortable and you prefer that he not be messaging you or you just block him and leave it at that.

4 Likes

That’s super weird block him on everything

2 Likes

Well they been married 20 yrs and if he’s not tried to bed you before now then that’s not what’s going on…he could be just being nice he is your son in law…This woman might be one of them women that if a man just looks at her they want her and yes there is women out there like that!

9 Likes

take it to another level and ask him if he’s wearing his lucky underwear… Then when he responds, “What lucky underwear?” text back “Ooh you kinky son-in-law!!” Watch how fast he stops or hey maybe he’s into that kind of thing… just role with it… Find out… then destroy you kids marriage…

1 Like

Screen shot and send. Always show proof. Somehow it will still end up that you are the problem not him lmao

1 Like

He’s creepy tell him again put your foot down be stern

Just for sending Good MORNING TEXTS? Just block him.

1 Like

When did he start sending them first of all? Has he always done this? Has he EVER hit on you? How is he acting in a filthy manner? When you told him to stop sending the text, did you ask him why he sends them, or did you just assume he was being filthy? You did not give a lot of info

2 Likes

I’d need to know the content of the messages between both of you before I judged it.

4 Likes

I think it’s innocent, unless it has said something out of the way. You can respond to him or not or block him.

You asked for it to stop and it hasn’t that right there a problem. Please speak to your daughter.

5 Likes

I’d turn it into a group text and say thanks for thinking of me - please keep my daughter on our messages in case she wants to chime in too :joy:. All transparent going forward because your daughter should know and then she can see for herself and help clarify his intention or he’ll stop :joy::grin::roll_eyes:

15 Likes

Definitely just block him. AND tell your daughter. She will be more upset later if she finds out and that you withheld that information from her. That is definitely weird!

2 Likes

Tell him to his face to stop. If her won’t, block him.

Hell ya you should tell her

But many it’s innocent

What exactly is he saying in said messages? When did they start, and how often are they being sent? Is every single morning? Multiple times a day? If you’ve asked him to stop and he refuses, than block his number. You clearly feel as though he’s crossing the line, you’ve asked him to stop and he hasn’t, and you have texts as proof to show your daughter. Why exactly haven’t you said anything to her then?

1 Like

Do not say ANYTHING to your Daughter, just block him!!!

How is him saying “Good morning” flirting? He’s simply being polite. :person_facepalming::roll_eyes::person_tipping_hand:

4 Likes

What kind of good morning texts, my mom lost her partner of 15 years in January and ever since my boyfriend has had a secret eye out always kinda keeping a small tab on how she is and if she’s okay lately. Yesterday was her birthday and he texted her, on Mother’s Day he texted her. We were gunna go to the lake last week and he texted her asking what we need to bring. It’s not weird but it definitely could be with a little typo lol. I need to know how the good morning texts are written, I’ll be able to tell you for a fact :joy:

2 Likes

Nah u need to tell ur daughter. This is gross and she needs to know

What all is in these messages. My husband texts pretty much everyone he loves good morning beautiful have a great day I love you. Does that mean he’s flirting? No he’s being polite, telling someone to have a good day and reminding them that they are beautiful.

Thought it was innocent til you told him to stop. B

3 Likes

You need to absolutely make your daughter aware

4 Likes

So your son in law tells you good morning and goodnight? Why is that weird at all? He’s just trying to be nice. Weirdo

2 Likes

If you already confronted him and he didn’t stop, confront him.

These comments are weird. He’s just being polite ffs. If a good morning txt threatens you, well, I’m not even sure what to do with that.

6 Likes

Could he just be checking you are alive? I check on my mum every morning to make sure she’s woken up :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Tell him to stop and that it makes you uncomfortable if he continues tell her and keep all messages

4 Likes

Obviously you feel a bit weird about this…Listen to your gut…
Good Luck!

2 Likes

Even if its just a good morning, she personally came to him and said to stop. One thats crossing HER BOUNDARY no matter if it seems small or insignificant, no one can tell her how to feel or what she can feel uncomfortable about…if you told him to stop but he continues crossing that boundary naah time to tell your daughter and sit down figure out if its just good morning or something deeper

4 Likes

??? I text my in-laws all the time. Why is it inappropriate to have a relationship with your in-laws without your spouse?

Is that all he says is good morning? Because if it is I don’t see how that’s flirting.

2 Likes

Bring it up casually in front of her. He may just be doing it to be nice.

1 Like

Omg that is so weird. Tell her!

Could be he’s concerned about you. Thinking of you as a mother figure

6 Likes

Make your daughter aware immediately. Better yet invite them both over for dinner and make it the topic of conversation. Make it clear that it’s very disrespectful to your daughter and you will be blocking him immediately. Then leave it up to her to get a handle on her man child.

1 Like

Saying good morning, even happily to your mother in law doesn’t sound flirty at all.
Maybe he sees you like a mother.
Maybe he has trauma surrounding his own mother not getting enough love or something and is making sure you feel loved and supported.
Have you asked HIM why he does it?
Cuz this is kinda reaching…

5 Likes

If he won’t stop, talk to his wife. However good morning messages are not flirtatious. Its normal social skills people with some good manners has. He respect you as the mother of his kid and there is nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

Maybe you are hoping it’s flirty because I definitely don’t see a problem here.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: Lord :pray:t4: Is he only saying , Good morning and Good night?? If that’s all he’s doing, because you haven’t states that he’s saying more, than YOU are over thinking it! Why would you tell him to stop?? Is he saying more than this??? Does he say good morning and good night to his mama?? If so, maybe he’s giving you the same courtesy

1 Like

I think based on the way it makes you feel you should let your daughter knknow

If you’ve told him to stop sending you those messages & he still continues to do so he must be trying to hook up with you & that is wrong on so many levels. I’d tell him I was gonna tell my daughter if it happens again & if he sent 1 more after that I would tell her. I feel like she deserves to know but being me I hate to tell someone something like that but it’s up to you but 1 thing is for sure… He’s being very inappropriate.

Like what the uck. He sends you good morning and good night messages and you feel some type of way. GTFOH with that drama

1 Like

If he sends them to your daughter also, it’s just his personality, he loves his family and likes to express it. Be happy he includes you in that circle. However, if he only sends it to you every morning, it’s weird, tell him to stop the creepy shit and block him.