My daughters husband sends me good morning messages: Should I tell her?

I must have missed something. What about “good morning” is flirty? I think you may be seeing something that isn’t there

14 Likes

Tell him more sternly to stop

He might just be trying to annoy you. :roll_eyes: I’d just ignore them. Sometimes the best choice in life, is to do nothing. Don’t let it bother you. Dont answer back… Erase the messages, without reading them. Focus on more important things that needs your attention.

4 Likes

Maybe do a group text to both your daughter and son in law and say good morning to both and only answer to that text that way everyone is on the same page, and if he continues to text privately than call him out and tell him you will show your daughter the entire thread of the messages that he’s been texting. If you feel it’s inappropriate than call out to him the parts that are and tell him to stop. You can control this with being firm but fair.

He says good morning and that’s flirty?!? Or he could just mean good morning. And it could be a way to make sure you’re ok I’m going to assume you’re older. I feel like you’re reading a lot into the messages that may not be there. Block his number if you no longer want to have anything to do with him. Tell you’re daughter you blocked him bc you didn’t appreciate the texts and asked him to stop. He should’ve respected any clear boundary you placed.

1 Like

Block him be done. So Easy… unless you enjoy the attention? Only you can answer that.

1 Like

Maybe he just wants to be sure you didn’t die overnight. Doubt it’s “flirty”. He probably doesn’t want his wife to go through the tragedy of a rotting corpse.

9 Likes

It’s like you want it to mean more than it actually is

9 Likes

Does he have a mom? When my husband went to prison for 3.5 years he asked me to text his mom every morning and tell her good morning. She is all he has so maybe he is looking for that relationship

8 Likes

Get a man to tell him to stop

How is sending good morning flirting?

If he’s only sending you a good morning and nothing else then I highly doubt it’s flirting and he’s just saying morning to ya cause we’ll you’re his mrs mum.

If there’s more then just that in the text then you obviously need to tell her. I’m sure you’d want to know if your husband was flirting with your child. But it sounds like he’s just being friendly unless of course like I said there’s more to it then just “good morning”

1 Like

How is sending good morning flirting?

If he’s only sending you a good morning and nothing else then I highly doubt it’s flirting and he’s just saying morning to ya cause we’ll you’re his mrs mum.

If there’s more then just that in the text then you obviously need to tell her. I’m sure you’d want to know if your husband was flirting with your child. But it sounds like he’s just being friendly unless of course like I said there’s more to it then just “good morning”

2 Likes

I send my mother in law a good morning and good night message, most nights. I do this because she needs to know someone loves her and is thinking of her. It also lets me know that she’s okay and hasn’t fallen, sick, etc. I sure hope she doesn’t think I’m weird.

4 Likes

This is just weird. I have too many questions. You should know right from wrong. Figure it out and be loyal to your daughter.

4 Likes

He probably does a group text out to alot of people.

1 Like

He might send everyone good morning texts :woman_shrugging:t3: but if he won’t stop saying good morning and you don’t like it then block his #.

Just ask him why he has started and tell him it makes you feel some type of way or uncomfortable. Stop with the asking everyone else and be the adult. I seriously don’t understand why people think social media has all the answers when it comes to every day life. Just tell him how it makes you feel and ask him to stop.

1 Like

My son in law sends me a text message every morning I don’t find it odd… we are family… he checks to see if I need anything…

4 Likes

Tell her to tell him you said good marking also.

1 Like

If you have asked him to stop and he is continuing I would definitely tell my daughter. Not normal for sure.

9 Likes

Ya know what. Ask your daughter. If it was my SIL, I’d tell him thank you, I hope you have a great day! Then, I’d tell my daughter thank you guys for sending me good morning texts.
That way, she knows for sure. And you don’t look like your ttattling.lol in case it’s just him being caring.

7 Likes

Trust your gut. If it feels wrong it probably is.

3 Likes

Is it just good morning?

3 Likes

If it makes u feel uncomfortable tell ur daughter and then block him if he still persists

2 Likes

Is the fact he’s saying good morning to you uncomfortable or the fact you LIKE it making you feel uncomfortable?

15 Likes

I just watched Senior Year and this reminds me of Gretchen Wilson waking up from a coma as a 17 year old in the body of a 34 yr old.

Block him. Tell him your going to if he continues

1 Like

Kind of weird just saying

1 Like

Dang what’s wrong with good morning?

4 Likes

Send the next one to your daughter and ask her if she thinks it’s appropriate. If she says no, then ask her to ask Hubby to stop.

2 Likes

Maybe just casually ask her why he sends good morning messages rather than accuse

8 Likes

I would just ask him why he texts you every morning and if it continues you will tell his wife, because that’s your daughter and he’s being Inappropriate no matter the intention. Also the flirty thing towards you is borderline creepy.

2 Likes

Communicate with him like an adult. Ask him why he has started sending you good morning texts. Give him an opportunity to explain himself before potentially starting a fire.

6 Likes

Good morning here and there isn’t an issue but if it’s a continuous thing, I’d tell the daughter. That’s weird

1 Like

Ask your daughter to msg good morning like her husband does .

I would start a group text with your daughter and husband and word it something like; Thanks! And good morning to both of you too! Now you’ve let your daughter know and you are normalizing the situation by including her and from now on your exchanges and communication if you respond will be in the group chat.

13 Likes

Reply, “good morning, how’s my daughter….your wife?”

3 Likes

Ask him in front of her!

4 Likes

Cristóbal Paterson look at what you’ve done

1 Like

Wow. To even keep this hidden from your own daughter is beyond me. Sounds like you and your son in law have something goin on and you don’t want her to find out.

6 Likes

I read 4 lines and without reading the rest you’re already a piece of :wastebasket: … lmao poor daughter that has a disgusting husband and mother.

Which part of that insinuates as him being flirty? He is being thoughtful. Unless he messages and says other stuff than that then I would be worried.

2 Likes

Block him or just bring it up in conversation either your daughter about how nice it is of him to do this. Then sit back and see what happens. Sorted.

1 Like

and the rest of story later

Block his phone number, everything then has to go through your daughter for contact.

2 Likes

Sarcastic me - Aaahhh stop texting me good morning. I hate mornings!
I would have told my girl by now, and told her to tell him to snap out of it - if it makes you uncomfortable.

2 Likes

To me it almost seems you’re excited by the attention :woozy_face:

1 Like

I would ignore the messages and not respond to them.

2 Likes

Forward them to her.

1 Like

I don’t get it, maybe he just thought since your husband passed and can’t say good morning he’d step up , I’m not sure how good morning is flirting but if your seeing that maybe you need to check yourself maybe your true self is hoping it’s flirting, or maybe I at 50 still can’t tell what’s nice to what’s flirting lol idk , but my one question why you hiding it? Like you acting like it’s some secret which than begs the question what’s wrong with you?

4 Likes

Reply: how why are you sending me GM texts

4 Likes

Tell him what hes doing is inappropriate and to please stop and also that you dont think your daughter would appreciate it when she finds out.

Is he possibly trying to get on your good side from a previous incident or something? That is so weird and yes I would want my mother to tell me. I’d hope she trusts you enough to know you only have good intentions.

If he won’t stop when you asked him then you need to tell daughter.

5 Likes

Maybe the husband told his wife he sends her mother good morning texts because he cares about her like his own mother. Saying good morning isn’t flirting. If the daughter doesn’t know it’s a massive lack of communication on everyone’s part. Maybe there are no hidden agenda and he’s just trying to be nice. Hopefully his wife knows and it’s not a secret. That would be a red flag but without the other two parties of this story who knows what to believe.

2 Likes

Are you sure they’re flirty or just a caring good morning!:sunny:

Are you sure they’re flirty or just a caring good morning!:sunny:

1 Like

Wishing anyone good morning should be okay. Why does it make you uncomfortable? Any underlying undertones?

If she told him to stop and he’s still doing it then it’s definitely inappropriate and I think her daughter needs to know.

2 Likes

Just wtf. So not ok tell her

If u have asked him to stop and he dosent then say something to your daughter.Screenshot all of it so u can show her Incase he try’s to deny it or it gets deleted etc.I have had a similar situation and I told the person who’s husband it was.Same thing was happening guy is a weirdo and he was sending a message everyday pretty much.Along with other weird stuff said or done.That has now stopped bc I said something

get rid of that phone !!!

Is it just “good morning” Or “Good Morning beautiful, you light up my world I can’t wait to see you later!” messages? I guess either way you can just block his number and no more messages.

4 Likes

Ask him why he’s doing it tell him you don’t feel comfortable and for him to stop

My son inlaw sends me good morning texts when he’s working and I think nothing of it cause he knows I wouldn’t ever leave my hubby for a person like him. I love my husband of 32 years and my daughter way to much to ever do that. Your son inlaw probably thinks you’re lonely or he’s bored at work just ask him straight up.

Make a little group chat with the both of them!

Or block him… but not before u tell him that it’s creeping you out

Smh :woman_facepalming:t2: wow just wow…
The man has been married to your daughter for 20 years, most likely he thinks of you like a MOM… and the fact you’ve been divorced for eight years maybe he’s just thinks you’re lonely and he might be a little worried about you. I think you’re taking it all wrong… 

12 Likes

Simply say to your daughter, " It is nice of your husband to send me good morning texts every day but please tell him it is not needed. I am fine and not in need of cheering up. This way she knows, hopefully will speak to him, and if he continues you can then deal with it by being open with your daughter.

5 Likes

Maybe he sends them to all his family and friends not as a flirt

3 Likes

Maybe after 20 years he feels like you’re a second mom. And hes just nice?

6 Likes

He thinks of you as a mom for sure

I have family who does this but they do that to everyone. I highly doubt he’s being inappropriate. He’s being nice to you. Your daughter may even know already.

3 Likes

Stop responding to texts.

By sending you good morning texts? Your his mother in law for God sakes!! Grow up!

4 Likes

I’ve sent good morning texts to people and see nothing wrong with it so I think you need to chill out because he obviously cares about you enough to send a simple good morning text there’s nothing flirty about that