My daughters husband sends me good morning messages: Should I tell her?

I’m more concerned that you haven’t mentioned it to your daughter. Just be like “oh, (hubby) is so sweet for sending good morning messages but you can let him know he doesn’t need to. I’m all good.” And see what she says.

My husband used to text my mom randomly to say good morning or good night or see how her day was. No big deal at all and she appreciated it.

6 Likes

You do know you can block his calls and messages, right? You can also delete his messages.

Your daughter may not see any harm in those messages. You could show her how nice your SIL is being, if you know how she’ll take it. If you spring your thoughts on her that you think he’s flirting, you may alienate your daughter.

I don’t know your SIL (son in law) to offer any other suggestions other than the ones above and to never, ever, be alone with him.

Unless he’s saying, good morning you sexy thang you, let’s go out later, you need to get over yourself. Good lord.

6 Likes

Don’t cause trouble unless you have to. You told him to stop and he hasn’t you need to block him , and time will tell.

I love my SIL like a son…he calls me mom. It would not even enter my mind that his love for me would be inappropriate. I’m thinking your mind went to a dark place here unless you’re not telling the whole story. Like why you told him to stop :thinking: and he won’t :thinking:. If you think it’s something he’s doing that is bad and behind your daughter’s back, next time text back telling him to tell your daughter to call you asap and see if he does it :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Maybe he is been friendly making sure you are okay.

1 Like

The mere fact that you told him to stop and he hasn’t calls for grounds to say something to your daughter, honestly not sure why you haven’t yet. :eyes:

9 Likes

If you ask him and he didn’t stop, you need to tell your daughter. Something’s weird here.

2 Likes

Um it’s just good morning… Unless when u both see each other he is flirty and touchy or even by text after good morning then yes say something… Maybe he is just being nice to make a better day for you as his mother in law or maybe ur daughter is concerned for you and didn’t say anything to you and she told him to do it to make u feel better … Their is many possibilities or taking his niceness and thinking it’s flirty cause your actually feeling lonely :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: who knows communication is key :old_key:

4 Likes

The truth is you telling your daughter will cause unnecessary pain. If it’s just good morning and you don’t like it, block his number. No one has to know. Now if he goes that extra step and still finds a way to reach out to you, then tell your daughter. It’s not about withholding information. It’s about releasing information when you have more to offer the person who you are going to hurt and you’re sure that it’s not just you thinking that way.

3 Likes

Just simply ask your daughter why his doing it? So it’s bought to her attention. If his doing it to you in an uncomfortable Way then his probably doing it to other women . Your daughter deserves to know the kind of guy she is with.

5 Likes

And your reaction is? … :flushed: … Let’s hear your side now…

9 Likes

First question. Has this bin going on for 20yrs? Secondly if u asked him to stop and he didn’t, right then and there you was supposed to inform your daughter

9 Likes

That’s weird as shit. Tell him to F all the way off!

He’s just tryna keep it in the family :relieved:

3 Likes

There’s honestly more info needed here. Does he just send you a message every morning that says good morning or is there more? I don’t think good morning is necessarily flirting. It is weird that you asked him to stop and he hasn’t. But if it’s just good morning I don’t see the issue.

12 Likes

He’s sending his mother in law a Good morning text. That doesn’t mean anything. Being nice isn’t flirting.

10 Likes

If he sends a text and it’s know more than good morning and he is flirty show your daughter the texts

1 Like

Yep I’d tell her especially since you’ve told him to stop.

1 Like

Saying good morning isn’t flirting. I think her husband is just being nice. Clam down you need to get out and date.

9 Likes

Block his texts. He won’t know and you shouldn’t tell him anything

3 Likes

Just tell him in a joking manner " if you keep calling in this flirty manner I’m going to have to tell my daughter to watch out for you! Hahaha" gentle warning that you will tell her if he doesn’t cut it out.

3 Likes

Block his number problem solve.

1 Like

Is it possible that he’s just being caring towards his mother-in-law? If he hasn’t asked you to keep it a secret, then maybe he isn’t expecting you too. Mention to your daughter how nice it is that he always sends you good morning texts. If she doesn’t mind, and everyone is in the loop, you may be overthinking this.

10 Likes

What do the messages say? Are they just “good morning I hope you have a good day” type of message, or is he talking inappropriately to you? Need more info. Also need to know how exactly you reply back.

7 Likes

How is good morning text “flirty”? I guess I’m not seeing where he is flirting with you. Maybe he just wants you to have a good day…

3 Likes

Block his ass. Too easy

Get over yourself. Sending good morning texts aren’t flirty in and of themselves. Respond to his text to stop. Next time it happens, respond and include your daughter that you told him to stop already and you’re serious about it.
Also, still get over yourself

6 Likes

Aw I think he’s just being nice :woman_shrugging:t4::blue_heart:

I don’t understand how saying good morning is flirting. I think you’re flattering yourself a bit unless there is more you’re not sharing. Based off of the info you provided alone, you’re reading into this way too much and he is probably just trying to be nice because you are alone. You have been alone awhile so you are equating a nice son in law with flirty male attention, which is a stretch.

3 Likes

I need to see text messages before I can give an answer. There’s probably more to this story than just text messages

3 Likes

I mean…is a picture of his junk with it?

6 Likes

He probably texts a bunch of people good morning, just to spread joy at the start of the day. I get a message every Friday from an old friend in Samoa saying Happy Friday. He never fails to send it. And he sends it to everyone.

4 Likes

Seriously. Get over yourself. If that’s all he is doing he is just saying good morning, you know being nice.

2 Likes

Think your making it out to be something it isn’t

3 Likes

Does he text his wife good morning

2 Likes

Maybe you’re in his mailing list of others he sends also.

5 Likes

The messages aren’t my issue but the not respecting you asking him to stop is what really bothers me.

8 Likes

Just mention it to your daughter casually and keep all the messages as proof if shit ever hits the fan

Don’t say anything to your daughter. Message back “Good morning, Son-in-law,”and let it go at that. If he sends anything else, and it sounds off, ignore it. Don’t answer anything else. If he doesn’t get any more response he’ll stop.

2 Likes

Wow a nice gesture has turned into he’s flirting with me??? Be careful where your mind takes you

7 Likes

If you’ve asked him to stop texting you and he hasn’t, my next message to him would be “If you don’t stop texting me I will be notifying your wife”

3 Likes

I get where it seems a bit awkward and strange. I don’t know if you can be a bit more blunt with him and tell him you appreciate the gesture but he needs to text that to you daughter instead of you. If it continues then demand he stops immediately. Then I would go to my daughter and show her the msgs and tell her you are not trying to hide this or anything from her but what he is doing is not respecting you or your daughter. I would tell her to look and see who all he is sending these msgs to on a daily basis bc chances are if she doesn’t know he’s sending them to you then he is probably sending msgs to other women as well. And I don’t hide anything from my grown children idc who or what it’s about. If she found out she would be hurt and devastated that her mother wasn’t even being honest and up front with her about this going on. And tell her you didn’t think anything of it at first but then he wouldn’t respect you and stop sending them.

Not sure if I’d consider it “flirting”. If it makes you uncomfortable, ask him to stop.

My son in law, ( his twin brother) My grandson, about. 20 people on the good morning list. My daughter passed away and son in law is remarried. We just added her to the list. Nothing flirty. About just his way of

I send my Fiance’s mom good morning messages and I’m not flirting lol. We are just very close. If I forget she sends me a message instead.

I think you are reading too much into it. He sounds caring not flirting, so just enjoy the good morning and be grateful as most alot of kids hate there inlaws.

1 Like

Tell him if he doesnt stop you are going to show your daughter all the texts

What is he saying that’s “flirty”? Because just good morning definitely doesn’t seem inappropriate at all to me

3 Likes

He’s checking to see if you are still alive or whether he can claim the inheritence yet

7 Likes

Block his number! Problem solved. He will know where he stands then

3 Likes

If your daughter is old enough to have been married 20 years (and I’m not trying to be rude here) you are pretty far up in age. Maybe he is trying to secure his spot in the will. Or maybe after knowing someone 20 years he cares for you.

If it’s just a good morning msg that’s not flirty …. Generally most men are close with there mothers and if his mum isn’t around anymore there is a good chance he just cares and he probably sends it to you and your daughter at the same time. Maybe your daughter said something about you being lonely or something.

First of all don’t flatter yourself :sweat_smile: Good morning? That’s it? Flirty? Come on now :joy:

Tell your daughter ! That’s creepy and disrespectful

1 Like

The fact that you told him to stop but he still does it is a red flag… if he respects you he’d stop.

5 Likes

Definitely odd. Does he text his own mother everyday? If not I’d be saying something. Especially if you’ve asked him to stop and he hasn’t.

2 Likes

Just tell him you don’t know his intentions but it’s in appropriate so stop it
He will explain one way or another if it continues tell your daughter

1 Like

He doesn’t stop after you said stop ? That’s not ok !!! Yes tell your daughter and or Block his # !

2 Likes

Forward to your daughter!

1 Like

I would definitely think it strange if my son n law was messaging me at all daily and the fact that you’ve asked him to stop and he hasn’t said allot. Make it clear to him that this makes you uncomfortable and he needs to stop but if it does continue after that then you may need to have a talk with your daughter.

Tell your daughter or you’ll loose her :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

Jesus…. I’m pretty sure he’s not hitting on you.

3 Likes

Tell her. You may be able to save her from future pain . Who knows he could be talkin to several others too

4 Likes

If you told him to stop and he ignored that, she needs to know.

7 Likes

l just g0t pald over 130 D0IIars per h0ur w0rklng fr0m h0me. l never th0ught l’d be cap@ble t0 d0 lt but my best buddy gets 0ver 19598 D0IIars a m0nth d0ing this and she c0nvinced me t0 try.

https://dollarquick33.pages.dev/

1 Like

Ru sure he’s flirting and not just saying hi to His future mother in law

3 Likes

Ummm saying good morning is not a sexy message. Does he text his mom, others??

4 Likes

Maybe is he socially awkward? Like undiagnosed autistic? I have a family member who is like this and he just refuses to stop and misses social cues. It isn’t flirty and I helped raise him but maybe this guy is just not able to understand why it is uncomfortable.

Say it makes you uncomfortable and then block him… if he continues to disrespect your boundaries tell your daughter

1 Like

Tell him its inappropriate and you’re not responding to his messages.

Good morning texts messages aren’t really flirting unless there is more to the story I wouldn’t jump to conclusions.

7 Likes

Justed mail him and tell him

Do you have a thing for your daughter’s husband? Maybe ur problem.

2 Likes

My fiances mom died when he was younger , 18 i think. He’s 35 now we’ve been together 5 years and he’ll text my mom good morning love ya, he also calls her mom. I personally don’t find it inappropriate, but it just depends on where he’s coming from and if you have any kind of weird intentions :thinking:

5 Likes

You could always forward his message to your daughter and reply always to both

4 Likes

Oh boy I wonder what my father in law thinks when I call him handsome…. Hahaha

6 Likes

…my husband would send my divorced mother of 18+ years good morning messages along with his own mother and my father. It’s isn’t weird until you ask him to stop and he doesnt. I would include your daughter at that point and tell her everything.

2 Likes

…like as in ‘good morning I hope you have a good day?’ bc… Like… Huh?? Whats the problem?

4 Likes

Why would you not tell your daughter asap?!:woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

Is telling people good morning flirty? :grimacing: my issue is that you asked him to stop and he didn’t. That part is not okay no matter why he’s doing it.

6 Likes

The point is she told him to stop and he hasn’t and whatever is being said is making her uncomfortable. So yes tell your daughter.

8 Likes

I’d say it’s not a problem but the fact he doesn’t stop makes it weird. Talk to your daughter.

10 Likes

Sending good morning texts is not flirty unless hes flirting. if it makes you uncomfortable, tell him to stop. Or tell your daughter. You can just straight up ask him why hes sending them to you. lol

2 Likes

Talk to him…he might be sending good morning messages to many and it’s harmless

1 Like

Why is this wierd??? I feel like something is missing in the story…

7 Likes

Milf…just be grateful and kind…unless his saying inappropriate things such as baby doll, hot cakes, or sweet thing…telling you good morning is nothing to be concerned about.

2 Likes

Is there more to this story???
If it bothers you why don’t you block his number.

4 Likes

So wrong on many levels

Maybe your daughter knows

2 Likes

If you have said stop… absolutely tell your daughter…

1 Like

Tell your daughter … if you don’t feel comfortable block his number, that’s easy to do

I would def talk to her. You told him to stop and he didn’t. It doesn’t matter (on your end) if they’re flirty. You said stop

Yeah that’s creepy BLOCK HIS NUMBER

1 Like

My bf sends my mother good morning texts. He loves her. Why would she think that’s a bad thing?

4 Likes

I basically make about $12,000-$14,000 a month 0nline. It’s enough to comfortably replace my old j0bs inc0me, especially considering I only w0rk about 10-13 hours a week from home. I was amazed how easy it was after I tried it.

HERE→ https://jobnet25.pages.dev/

The daughter does not need to be told .this is between mother and sil. Why make the daughter feel bad. Mother just needs to block him

2 Likes

My sil does too. I appreciate it and him. Nothin weird about it except being part of a family

3 Likes

Tell on him…Thats your daughter he could possibly be with other women not just her…Time to put an end to his BS…Your daughter deserves better

Ask him why or tell him to stop it