My doctor body shamed my baby: Advice?

How is that body shaming? Why so much sensitivity in this world? Doc giving you an advice regarding your child’s weight. If you are so offended or don’t like hearing his suggestions, change the doc. BTW, babies can absolutely be overweight, not saying yours is or not, I don’t know, but it’s absolutely possible.

13 Likes

when my daughter was a baby, she wasn’t this fat, chubby baby, She gain the right amount every month, She ate well (we started feeding them by a month of age, in which she ate a jar of veggies , strain at age with some fruit, small bottle of formula,) Yet over the months because she wasn’t this fat cubby baby, the pedi Dr told me I wasn’t doing enough, So I told him, at least she is healthy, That shut him up, Today she is 51, still on the petite size,size 2 !!! And she does eat, But she eats well

2 Likes

I had a Chucky baby that turned into a skinny toddler. With that being said, yes you could be over feeding your child, ask how much you should be feeding him and when.

2 Likes

After leaving my previous job 12 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer jobs for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 2 months was for $14521… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://SuperIncome435.pages.dev/

You’re being ridiculous

6 Likes

My 4 year old is 57% height and 70% weight.
My 1 year old is 66% height and 90% weight.
Their Dr. says they are great.

Some drs arent bodyshaming but you can always get a second opinion. Good luck

He didn’t body shame your baby. He’s making you aware that your baby is over weight. Yes, babies can absolutely be over weight. He’s a medical professional. Over feeding your baby is a very real thing. Just like juvenile diabetes is a very real thing. He’s giving you advise to educate you and to prevent further issues. If you don’t like what he said get a new peds. Just don’t be upset if another pediatrician says the same thing.

23 Likes

My youngest son was 17lbs at 6 months, he was always really chunky. Any dr I ever had him at never said anything about his weight.

1 Like

He is educating you. Overweight is a serious thing to watch even in babies. Diabetes is real. If baby is 90% percentile for height, I wouldn’t worry so much but he is telling you to keep an eye on it. Don’t be so offended when it comes to health

14 Likes

Get a second opinion. Your child’s health is worth the effort.

1 Like

Seriously?? That’s not body shaming for crying out loud!!

14 Likes

Some of these comments though! Y’all are ridiculous lmao :joy::joy: “get a new Dr” “that’s not right” “get a second opinion” :joy::clown_face::snowflake::snowflake:

5 Likes

Why are you offended?
Babies can be over weight- not saying yours is but it is very possible.
If a Dr expresses their worries to you about your child because they have a degree not you or us. Might wanna be less offended and ask for more advice from the Dr.

9 Likes

Then you’re feeding him too much. LISTEN and get over yourself long enough to actually take care of your baby.

11 Likes

LOL honey that’s not body shaming! That is your doctor letting you know that your child is a little overweight. Yes he’s the baby but babies still have a percentile just like adults and if they go over what the ideal weight should be a doctor is supposed to let the parents know

15 Likes

Darling, my son was 3 week old was in 3 month clothes! He was 9lbs 12oz at birth and never lost any weight. But ate constantly. The nurse gave him TWO of those baby bottles that your only suppose to give like 2oz of to them, because he kept crying for more. His pediatrician said “he’s so healthy and with him being big at birth, he’s just going to be a big baby” he’s thin now that he’s 3, but if baby is hungry, baby will eat. If it’s constant then oh well! Your son is healthy and fed and dr can kick rocks

5 Likes

Gina Antosz had it right. You are being ridiculous. The doctor isn’t body shaming. The doctor is doing their job.

6 Likes

Go to different pediatrician. My kids have been 90th as well for height and weight and their Dr said they’re healthy as can be. They’re active and meeting milestones. Get 2nd opinion and go from there. Best of luck.

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming: You know what? I wouldn’t stress over it right now. He’s a baby. Maybe he’s going through a growth spurt. If your baby has rolls, who cares. All babies are different. He could grow out of those rolls. Some babies are just bigger than others. My nephew is a year and half old and weighs close to what his brother weighs and he’s 3.

1 Like

If your baby is content with how you are feeding him carry on

2 Likes

That scenario not what body s h a m e d means

6 Likes

Lmfao this is not body shaming. Both of my babies were over the 90th percentile and so were me and all 4 of my siblings. Just be mindful of how much you’re feeding him so he doesn’t get too overweight. It’s hard on their wrists and ankles when they begin to crawl/walk that’s all.

3 Likes

Body shaming??? Really? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You can over feed on formula but not breast milk.

1 Like

No screw the Dr your baby is fine I had a big son we had always been a bigger boy he’s built he’s a little linebacker he’s one and looks like he’s three years old

2 Likes

I heard that with all three of my kids when they were babies…my son was actually called obese at 6 mos old in his medical record. Him and my oldest slimmed out a lot when they got older. I’ve always been concerned about them being underweight because I can see their ribs and spine. The doctors all say they’re fine and they’re size doesn’t matter because they’re healthy. My youngest on the other hand they wanted me to put on a diet when she was 2. All I hear is how she’s overweight. I had bloodwork done on her to check her thyroid and for diabetes which came back normal but they I still argue with them about it. I told them the double standard is ridiculous when it comes to weight.

He’s giving you advice as being over Weight can cause allsorts of problems no1 can say nothing these days without being offended it’s your job to keep your baby healthy

4 Likes

A) That’s not body shaming. It’s the doctor’s job to monitor and inform you of your child’s excess weight. If your baby is formula-fed, yes, 90% is not good for him unless his height /weight ratio are hand in hand. Formula-fed babies can and often are overfed in the U.S. They also have a higher chance of childhood obesity. Obesity is a major U.S. problem. That’s why there is a need to catch it (and hopefully fix overeating) early.

4 Likes

Mine have always been in the 90th percentile. They’ve always been told they’re healthy so idk maybe it’s just that drs opinion I’ve never had one tell me I’m feeding too much or anything like that. It’s a baby feed when they’re hungry I always have.

2 Likes

Tell the dr what my dr told me: SOME baby SOMEwhere has to hold a position in every percentile—be it the 1st or the 99th. As long as he/she continues to grow along a steady constant curve, it is insignificant what percentile that curve represents.

4 Likes

Medical professionals have to explain the risks. Its not body shaming.

5 Likes

My son was 8.12 & 21.5” at birth, then 95th for height & off the charts for weight until he was 18 months, & now at 3.5 he’s 33# & in the 6% for height. If you’re breastfeeding, you can not overfeed a baby. If you’re formula feeding & following the measurement instructions, you are not overfeeding your baby. Short of a legitimate medical condition, there is nothing wrong with your baby’s body & when he’s mobile he’ll probably lean out a little bit. Imo doctors really shouldn’t share percentile information with parents unless there’s a medical concern, it just stresses moms out arbitrarily. They all grow at their own pace & as long as they’re happy & healthy there’s really no reason to talk numbers at that age.

1 Like

I’m sorry that’s happening. If the dr is making you feel uncomfortable, for ANY reason- then either tell them or find one you like better!

In my experience, an infant isn’t going to overeat, and if they do they will usually throw/spit up the excess. They turn their faces to refuse when they’re full. Infants aren’t eating to fulfill an emotional void or because they’re bored. They eat because they’re hungry and stop when they’re full. The baby isn’t eating cookies and ice cream- it’s eating veggie purées and formula/BM. Don’t hold back on feeding your baby, just be aware and avoid junk as baby grows.

2 Likes

My daughters were/are in 95th %ile. They father is 6’4” and they are headed to be very tall young ladies.
Pay attention to proportions - are they visibly overweight? No, Don’t worry.
As with all kids, guide them towards fruits and veggies, avoiding high sugar foods, processed foods, carbohydrate loaded foods.
Both my girls get “a belly” and then shoot up 3 inches. My 16 yo is 5’9” and my 11 yo just past me at 5’4”. The oldest eats very healthy, but she is a strong, solid body structured person.

Oh and get a new doctor!

2 Likes

If it was just weight I’d be concerned but he’s also tall! He’s obviously just going to be a big guy. He will slim out as he gets older and gets moving.

That’s not what body shaming means.
& it’s the Dr job to find out how much your feeding baby, it’s part of their routine questions & they comment on milk intake.
If your baby was on the smaller side & they asked if you were feeding them enough would you be offended?
Generation of offended by anything & make things up to be offended by.
Seriously though are these actual questions or someone making them up to troll? Cause some of the questions/issues on here are off the wall.

15 Likes

Nurse here. If he’s 90th percentile height AND weight, he’s proportionate more or less. If he’s 60 percentile height and 90 percent tile weight, then he’s a heavier child. While some doctors don’t present themselves correctly, they fear that a trend of overweight infants will turn into overweight child, then overweight teen and finally overweight adult which only opens up health issues… anyway 90th height and weight is ok. I would confirm he’s not 60/90 for example and if that’s the case, you may be over feeding your baby which this can be easily addressed

7 Likes

They get chunky. And then when they start crawling moving around ect, they lose the weight alot of the time

You don’t like this guy? Get another pediatrician!

1 Like

My son was average height and weight… my daughter however has never been average. She’s always been over the 99th percentile. We have checked all blood work etc. Turns out she’s just a giant lol. She’s 8 now and almost my height and I’m 5’4" and she weighs 120lbs. But for her height she’s on track. For her age she’s obese. Her Dr isn’t worried though because her height matches the weight

“body shaming” isn’t a medical professional pointing out that you’re too high in the weight percentile. That is literally the doctors job at monthly well child visits. If obesity runs in your family or the baby’s father’s, This is good information to have, So that you can change babies eating habits now.
If you don’t like what the doctor says, You can always find a new doctor. But if your child is genuinely obese the next pediatrician is going to say the same thing because that’s their job and they all use the same weight chart.

16 Likes

If he’s hungry feed him. I had a BEEFY baby and he’s skinny now once walking. Get a new dr or speak up and tell him you’ve had enough of hearing about this bs

1 Like

He’s not shaming your baby. You’re an idiot.

9 Likes

My son’s doctor brings up my son’s weight every time we see her… my son is 13 yrs old and about 5ft 4 and weighs 125 lbs… seems pretty normal to me… I told the doctor last time we saw her that we will not be discussing weight at all anymore unless I bring it up.

3 Likes

That’s def not body shaming lol

3 Likes

Feeding them alot if fast food can do it.

That’s not body shaming You’re obviously feeding your baby too much

4 Likes

Get a new doctor and make a complaint against that one

1 Like

Lolol my daughter was in the 100th percentile when she was 8mo-2 years old and they constantly told me to only give her so many bottles/meals a day, that she was only crying for a bottle because it’s a comfort thing so to do this or that instead. It was completely ridiculous and I fed my chunky monkey whenever she wanted. She’s 5 years old now and thinned waaaaaaay out around 2/2.5 years old.

I wouldn’t say the doctor is shaming your baby… he’s trying to just tell you what’s the healthy weight your child should be at. Take the doctors advice or don’t. However just be mindful, you don’t want an overweight child (no offense)… also doctors are not ALWAYS right, these kids be hungry! & if my baby hungry imma feed him so :woman_shrugging:t5::woman_shrugging:t5:

10 Likes

Dr’s. Deciding what’s healthy and not healthy is not fat shaming. It’s called being worried about the health affects that comes with obesity

9 Likes

That’s not body shaming.he is telling you what you need to know .if he said your kid is a porker then he is shaming .would you rather him not let you know the percentile? Any good pediatrician will come up with the same results !

3 Likes

My niece’s doctor told her mom the same thing, she now sees a different doctor who says she is perfectly healthy. Some doctors both child and adult are preoccupied with weight.

3 Likes

Find a new Dr. A baby can’t eat too much

1 Like

Doctors said that with two of my three. I ignored them and didn’t let it bother me. They are babies and being a little chunky I don’t think is a big deal. Once they started walking and being more mobile running around it helped even them out as little bit. Now they are both right where they are supposed to be. Everyone is different…even babies. If your baby is fed, healthy and happy it is the only thing that matters. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Not at 6 months for sure…

You need a new Dr now

Some of you people are dangerously fucking ignorant. Feeding your child less won’t make them shorter. There is nothing wrong with the height and weight being in the 90th percent. Yall really support starving babies you be dumb as fuck

A leading pediatrician in my area (I’m talking he started all of the peds clinics here decades ago) told me I should stop breastfeeding my 6 month old because “that’s what his wife did.” These percentile stats are so outdated and indicative of absolutely nothing regarding INDIVIDUAL childrens’ health.

4 Likes

My girls were in the 95-99% for everything as baby and toddlers, born at 10lbs and 11lbs both 2 weeks early, and they are both very active healthy weight young kids and never got told they were eating too much or that they would have issues. I could see if he was 2yrs or something because he should start slimming down the more active he is around 1-2yrs but as a baby under 1 it’s not possible to be overweight. My 3rd is coming July 26th, and he was already 8lbs at 33 weeks- he’s gonna be my biggest of all 3 born at 37 weeks and there is no health concern for him

3 Likes

Clients are getting paid everyday so stop wishing and start wining, Mr. Bunker with link- Redirecting... can help you build your life financially just by investing Binary Options, Bitcoin and Forex Trading. There are lot of people here who are making huge profit trading in his company, He can generate huge profits for you just by trading in any of the investment plans he operates with. Make as much as you can with your capital accurately and perfectly,
Send a DM to Him

2 Likes

Typically if the baby is over fed then there are other issues as a result. If there aren’t other issues indicative of overfeeding then it isn’t a concern.

1 Like

I mean… he’s a doctor… soooo…
Need I say more?

5 Likes

My testimony started when I saw a post of people testifying about Mr. Joshua Bunker bitcoin company, after having a good view at his profile on facebook seeing successful stories on how he has helped a lot of people… I was really impresed and I quickly contacted him. Since then my life has changed financially through the help of Mr. Joshua Bunker trading bitcoin online. Click on him Facebook link below to contact him.
:point_down::point_down: :point_down:

What do you feed him in a day. An look at that.

1 Like

The babies stomach would have gotten used to the amount that YOU ate during pregnancy therefore could cause them to need way more milk than avg. once born to get that full feeling. Just the same as obesity if you feed the right amount daily the stomach will shrink accordingly.

9 Likes

I heard forex options trade is changing lives but I never had a chance to try until I came across Joshua Bunker an expert trader who made my first trade and withdrawal a success, I couldn’t believe it up till now how amazing my story has changed through one single investment with him. And he has changed my life financially. Thank you very much for all the profits | made from your trading platform, it was very easy and successful. You can contact him if interested.
:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:

1 Like

Every baby has their own growth curve. If they’re staying on a consistent growth track, let it be. if he or she is happy and healthy keep doing what your doing

3 Likes

Depends. Did baby spike from like 50 percentile to 90 percentile? That would be a cause for concern and may indicate overfeeding. My son stayed in around 70th his whole first year of life then from 1-2 he gradually went up to the 99th percentile. He is 5 now and still in the 99th for everything but my 5 year old 4ft 2inchs and 55 pounds so he is just a super tall kid.

1 Like

I want to thank you so much for your honesty and transparency in all our business dealings you’ve never cheated me or anyone else, that makes me so proud to advertise how professional you are with business generally. Thank you so much for being the best trading coach on this platform

Facebook contact: Redirecting...

1 Like

You can overfeed a formula fed baby but not a breastfed baby

1 Like

Connecting with you was the biggest
achievement. I save up this much because of you Mr. Bunker you’re what everyone needs at this time for livelyhood. Listen it’s ok to be good just don’t settle for less
Contact, Mr. Joshua Bunker
:point_down::point_down: :point_down:

I’m so happy I can at least afford to pay bills and also take good care of my family. All thanks to you Mr. Joshua Bunker that helped me a lot on my crypto trading account, I reinvested and to my greatest surprise I got my profit x8 without additional fees I’m grateful indeed. Her investment platform accomplish my dreams without stress and I got more than what I was supposed to have as my profit. For those of you finding it difficult in trading you can contact them I believe they will be of great help

After leaving my previous job 12 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer jobs for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 2 months was for $14869… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://SuperIncome510.pages.dev/

I don’t think he was body shamming, I think he sees a issue that needs to be addressed. But just because he thinks that doesn’t necessarily mean it true. Maybe get a second opinion :smiley:

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s body shaming… Some babies do get over fed. If the doctor is catching something on babies growth scale ask for advice on how to address it. I wouldn’t make a big deal about about babies feedings until they’re at least a year though. Some babies just get extra chunky

2 Likes

My eldest son was born 9 lbs, 6 Oz… 23 1/2 inches long. Not a drop of fat on his long body. He was ALWAYS in the 90 th percentile for height and weight, yet he was always considered borderline underweight (because he is so tall). In any case, he’s 18 now and 6’1 and 150 lbs. So slender!! Ignore what they’re saying to you. My son wanted to eat every half hour as a newborn and I fed him whenever he was hungry. You know your baby. As long as he isn’t grossly overnight, he’s fine.

1 Like

He is not body shaming your child he is teaching you how not to let him get obese!!

7 Likes

My middle has been I. The o2nd percentile pretty much forever. She is 7 now and 71 pounds and 4.5 feet tall. My youngest is 5 and she’s in the 4th percentile and has been since she was a baby. She is 30 pounds and almost 3 feet tall. Doc said their height to weight ratios are fine with no concern. Children all grow differently. If their height to weight was really off then their would be concern.

After leaving my previous job 12 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer jobs for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $14950… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://MakeMoney31.pages.dev

I can’t believe you have to ask that. Yes it’s a real thing. Just because he cries doesn’t mean he needs a bottle/food. But if he hasn’t started walking yet he will slim down when he does.

2 Likes

My daughter is 6ft tall at 17. I heard this constantly through her childhood. Change doctors.

Is his height the same percentile? It really depends, I don’t think the doctor was trying to bodyshame your baby, it’s his job to make sure babies grow up healthy.

3 Likes

Was it the subject that was offensive or his tone that was offensive? I ask because if it’s the subject matter-then to be real blunt- You need to deal with it because a doctors job is to tell you the truth about your child. If he didn’t you would be ip in arms over him not doing his job. If his tone was rude then tell him & attempt to figure it out. If you can’t then find another pediatrician. Good luck.

The doctors also told me that at 6 months my son was over weight. He was pretty pudgie. I was surpose to put him on a diet. LOL. Now he is 45, tall and stockie. No fat. Don’t worry, feed normally, he will wear it off

That’s ridiculous. Babies are meant to get chunky. When they start crawling then walking they work off some of the chunk. Healthy babies can get chunky or stay small. A healthy baby is a happy one

My kids were all 97th percentile and they’re all fine. 24, 15, and 11. Do your thing mama :grin:

If he’s always been in the 90 percentile there’s nothing wrong with his weight. If he suddenly jumped up there that’s when most doctors worried. My boys were always off the charts for height & weight all their lifes

1 Like

Said the same to me they will grow out of it

Its not body shaming if it comes from a dr directed at a baby. Lol

3 Likes

Thats a dr doing their job expressing concern. Not body shaming.

My son is big, he eats too much. I just give him healthy things and will make sure he’s active and has balanced meals as he gets more mobile.

4 Likes

Amanda Wilson That’s my daughter

1 Like

He’s 90% on both. That means he’s growing within himself. My oldest was 95% height and 90% weight and my younger son was always 95% height and 50% weight. It depends on the kid.

1 Like

I was told that my five year old at the time was to fat for his age , thing is they don’t take in consideration that all of my family and his fathers family are all bigger built by muscle and bone …
Doctors just makes ughhhhh

Don’t stress it

1 Like

Zero health benefits for a child that is considered obese they could develop diabetes, heart disease.

4 Likes

Change doctors. I have a 1 month old who weighs 12lbs and is 24 inches. She is above the 97th percentile just like my oldest who is 12 and she is 120lbs and 5 foot 4. I was worried I’ve been over feeding my baby. She drinks 4oz every 4 hours already. He said as long as she’s not spitting up after feedings she isn’t over eating. Sometimes she gets gas from not burbing food enough and she will act like she still wants to eat but she doesn’t she just wants to burp. My second daughter also is in the 92nd percentile and she was a short chunky baby once she started walking and getting active she’s slimmed out. A long as their sugars are fine I wouldn’t worry about what the doctor says

1 Like

As long as he’s evenly portioned don’t worry bout it I had 2 who were average on who was so tiny she was on her own growing curve till she was almostv2 n one who waa big from the get go n still is at 4yrs old

Ur over feeding the baby by 1 baby wil be on diet

1 Like

Lol my son is chunky. He was 8 pounds when he was born and has chubby cheeks! Babies will grow out of it. You must be a new mom lol

That is not body shaming :woman_facepalming:t2::roll_eyes:

6 Likes