My ex invited me trick or treating with our kids but I don't know if I wanna go: Thoughts?

Out of respect? I would let him take the kids trick-or-treating. Let him spend the time he never did with his kids. Besides you don’t know if he’s inviting you because his significant other doesn’t want to be there??

Go for the kids fuck him

Let the kids go and go have some fun adult time while they’re gone

1 Like

It aint about him its about the kids, you go for the kids

11 Likes

If he invited you, I think there are worse battles to be had. As frustrating as it is, it doesn’t matter to the kids who purchased the costumes, it matters that they see both parents respecting each other & sometimes that means being in the same place as the other.

7 Likes

Ask if you could do certain streets first or last.

1 Like

Be an adult and go for your children.

5 Likes

Do it for your children its not about him

1 Like

I think it would be wonderful for your kids to see their parents together being amicable at the very least. It’s about your kids not you.

2 Likes

It’s about the kids - go for the kids leave your beef with dad at home !!! Pick and choose your battles … kids pick up on behavior and moods ! Enjoy the holiday with the fam and your ex!

2 Likes

I feel like eventually you’re going to have to do a lot more with this man… birthday parties, school dances, graduation, weddings, etc. why not start with the small things now to prepare you for the bigger things? Good luck and I hope you all have a good night!

3 Likes

It’s for the children… not for yourselves. I would go and show the kids a good time. Make positive memories for them.

You go for the kids?? He’s coparenting and inviting you on his holiday so your kids can go with both parents and you don’t feel like it?

4 Likes

Just go and suck it up for the kids.

4 Likes

Suck it up and go! Maybe get to know the new girlfriend. Kids first feelings last.

2 Likes

My ex and i do it with our kids every year. I cant stand him but. Its for them. We both bring our SO and make it a family thing my SO has a son from a previous marriage too and his ex feels like you do and it hurts my feelings but its her decision like its yours remember its for da babies

2 Likes

Go for the kids. This is what they will remember when the get older. Don’t worry about him. This is their night.

1 Like

You suck up any feeling you have and go…it’s not about you and him anymore…it’s about your children and they deserve to have both parents period

3 Likes

You suck it up and be there with the kids. You show them that although you are both not together that you can get along for them. He asked you. Don’t think too hard into it and join in on the fun. If you our for the costumes it’s because you are a parent just like him! As it turns out you BOTH have financial responsibility for these children made by the two. If the significant other doesn’t make you comfortable then understand this. At Some point you have to meet her and learn to accept her as being a part of your child’s life in the same manner he will have to accept your choice of partner. Try not to take this personal because co-parenting is hard enough. I’m glad he wants you to join. I would go without negative thoughts. Think good things and the fact that you’ll be able to enjoy this time with the kids. Focus on them and not on your ex.

1 Like

Ummm who cares what he is doing. Why would you ever pass up an opportunity to make a memory with your kids? To hell with him and anyone else… You go for the kids.

3 Likes

Go, do it for the kids

1 Like

Suck it up and go with them

1 Like

Who cares his intentions for inviting you. You both still share children and, ultimately, that’s what truly matters. Set aside any temporary discomforts and go enjoy Halloween with your children. They’re going to remember their parents coming together FOR THEM when it meant the most.

3 Likes

Maybe hes doing it for your kids so they can enjoy this memorie with both their parents!!! I cant beleive your not jumping at the chance to share in your kids trick or treating years fly this is a gift you can give your kids and yourself.

3 Likes

Go !!! be happy to be with your kids…even if he isn’t. bc it is about making a HAPPY memory for them :slight_smile: plus… wear something awesome along with the kids… dont worry about him

1 Like

Go for the kids. The night is about them. They only trick or treat for a handful of years. Go.

2 Likes

Go for your children. Point blank period.

1 Like

I would tell him to take the kids, that I don’t feel well

When it comes to the kids, it should always be about what the kids want at what is best for them.

1 Like

Suck it up, go enjoy an event with ur kids and co parent. Heres the thing childhood goes by in a blink. U dont want to look back and regret this one day

1 Like

Pull up your big girl pants and do it for your children. It doesn’t matter what his intentions are, your children are the most important.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with co-parenting :woman_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

Go for your kids 100%.

I don’t miss anything important to my kids if I’m physically capable of going… put them first.

Go for ur kids. Together or not it’s important for the kids to see you guys can do things as a family together or not .

Suck it up for your kids. It’s not like he’s trying to hook up with you

Show your kids you can get along with their father. Show them how to be cordial. But be sure hes walking with them and not passing out candy.

Always put the kids first. They will want you there, so you go.
Take him out of the equation.
And as far as him having a significant other, who cares???

2 Likes

God, you’re childish.

4 Likes

Go if you want to, don’t if you don’t want to.

Go. Spend that time with your kids. Soon enough they won’t want to trick or treat.

Id go for the kids… I dont always get along with my daughters father and his girlfriend but we always invite eachother to things. They have 3 other littles one and i have 1. This is a great way for all the kids to play together with no stress or pressure from adults

It sounds like he’s trying to be civil with you for them so regardless of how you feel do it for your kids

1 Like

Suck it up butter cup kids first… you don’t have to like the idea of it but it’s for the kids, you don’t want them growing up wondering why you didn’t go when you could have. Plus meeting his new gf will let you know who your kids are around

My ex and I usually both go

It’s not about either of you. It’s about your kids.
Stop being a baby

1 Like

If you want to be there for the kids, go. It’s not about whatever reason he asked you for. He could’ve not invited you and then you’d be upset he didn’t. :roll_eyes: act like an adult

3 Likes

Go. It’s not about him. The kids are what is important.

2 Likes

Go. It’s about your kids. Who cares what his agenda is or how uncomfortable you’d be. Spend some holidays with them babies and make some memories.

1 Like

enjoy your night off. let him enjoy hw with his kids.

1 Like

Just go trick or treating be there for your children

1 Like

Go for the kids, it’s one less event you have to miss out out.

1 Like

Stay at home. Tell the kids this their daddy time and gracefully step back. Contrary to most commenters, I think the kids would rejoice at having you and their dad together again. Letting them get excited and hopeful would be wrong.

1 Like

I would go to be with my kids idc who it would be with but that’s me

1 Like

Give it a go if it’s sucks then you know. If not then it was great to show the kids. Smile regardless

1 Like

You go for your kids. Not him. Not you. Your children. It’s a few hours and it’ll be a lasting memory for them.

1 Like

You tell him I’m here for the kids not you I’m here to make my kids happy not you

Ever think hes offering you to go cause the kids asked if you could or the fact hes taking in consideration you enjoy trick or treating with them

2 Likes

Honestly suck it up & go for the kids sake. Kids would see that mum & dad are getting along. I personally think it’ll make a great memory for the kids.

2 Likes

I wish my ex had been willing to do things together with the kids so I wouldn’t have missed so many opportunities to make those memories. Be grateful and be a grown up and do it for y’alls kids.

1 Like

Honestly, either don’t go… or just suck it up and go for the kids sake

This is the time you put differences and the issues to the side and think about the kids. Takes 2 to tango. Go and be with the kids and take them to have fun. Show the kids you can get along for them but yall are divorced for reasons.

2 Likes

You only get a small number of Halloween’s with your littles.

2 Likes

Go for ur kids. It not him or her not even u it for ur children

2 Likes

You said you don’t feel like it. So don’t go.

Personally. I would go

Whose this about YOU or your kids? Doesn’t matter his reasons. All your kids will remember is that you both were there.

4 Likes

Its about your kids not you or him go for your kids duh!

3 Likes

Do you think he’ll actually make it a bad experience for everyone or are you winding yourself up before the fact?
I’m guilty of doing this so no judgement. But sometimes we make the situation bad without realizing it when we go into it with a negative expectation.

1 Like

I’d go for the kids, they might enjoy having you both.
It’s a good example for the kids to show you can still co exist and enjoy the time with the kids. It’s about them after all

Offer to take the kids by yourself … lol … if he’s not actually interested then maybe he’d say yes!
You could also have him bring the kids by to see you and trick or treat at your house :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not about him or you, it’s about the kids! Ask your kids (if they are age appropriate) if they want you to go with them. If you want to go trick or treating with your kids then go. Doesn’t mean you have to be all buddy buddy with him. You can go and have a good time with your kids and then leave before they get crazy sugar highs. Lol

3 Likes

Do it and set a good example for your kids.

4 Likes

Uhm go? He could have completely left you out but he didn’t. It doesn’t matter if he has a new SO either you should want to spend time with her and get to know her. At least he’s trying to co parent also. :grimacing:

3 Likes

I invited my ex husband to come trick or treating with my bf and I this year cuz it’s on our day🤷🏻‍♀️ i just think that our son should get to see us both on holidays even if his dad doesn’t do the same for us that how I try to do it

1 Like

Go for the kids!!! Its not about you, him or his GF. Its about the kids. I would never miss that time with them bc of someone else or bad feelings towards him. This is about the kids.

1 Like

Go shit I’d go make my self comfy and all

I’m actually on the other side of most commenters. If you don’t want to go, then don’t go. You said you take them usually, well this year he has them - stay home and relax.

1 Like

Tell him “I’ll go and just so you know if you don’t feel like taking them I don’t mind taking them out!”

How do you not know if you want to go or not?? Ya hat does you paying for the costumes have to do with anything?

You suck it up and go for the kids. It’d be beneficial to see you two getting along and doing things together.

2 Likes

I’d ask what you kids would like! :+1:

2 Likes

I’d 100% go. Maybe the kids asked him if all of you could go.

1 Like

If you want to go to be with your kids then go. They only get so many Halloween’s like this in their life. If you don’t want to go then don’t but don’t miss it because of drama

1 Like

Do it for the kids !

1 Like

You suck it up and go for your children. No matter the situation, they come first. To see mum, dad and new SO together and not fighting is a big deal for kids. To see everyone together and getting along, kids love that. Just go for them.

4 Likes

Go without him or do it for the kids. Your problems with him should not become theirs.

Always go, it’s about your kids

1 Like

Who cares who buys the costume lol so petty. I dont even know why this is an issue…its literally like an hour or two out of your life… you complain he hasnt been there for trick or treating before but then say hes had to work…my husband literally works nights and hasnt been able to do trick or treating and guess what ? I almost always buy the costumes lol just sounds like you want an excuse so YOU dont have to go. Like grow up.

3 Likes

:wave::wave::wave::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
You already know how he is, its Kids day, forget about the Drama. Take some awesome pictures and enjoy the Candy.

1 Like

You should make an appearance if possible, just for the kids sake. I’ve done mutual birthday parties, trick or treating ect. And its definately worth it to the kiddos

My baby’s father and I aren’t together at the moment but we have a tradition of taking our daughter to a fun kids place every saturday together. It’s for her so we do it.
I’d ask your kids if they’d like you to come too!

Your kids deserve good psrents. If you don’t want to go don’t go.

It’s not about you or your ex, it’s about your children and what would be in their best interests, sounds like he’s trying to include you to do it as a family, just because you’re separated doesnt mean you can’t do family activities, stop being difficult, either go or don’t… but don’t make the situation something it isn’t.

2 Likes

Its an olive branch - take it. You only have a few years where your kids are little and go trick or treating. I wouldn’t miss any of it given the opportunity to go.

2 Likes

You answered your own question. You go for the kids. If you still have feelings for him then yes, it may be awkward but the night isn’t about you or him. All the reasons you listed are very small and superficial. Who cares about who bought the costume (unless you’re keeping score).The fact that he’s inviting you is a nice gesture and something your kids will remember.

1 Like

You do it for your babies… They will see that you put that effort in for them lol

1 Like

Y’all…she wasn’t bitching about buying the costumes…she was stating it could be the reason he feels he needs to invite her. Read it, understand it, process it, then respond. :woman_facepalming:t2:

As a mom, this is my first year my kids won’t be going. They’ve outgrown it and it’s been downright depressing. If it were me, I’d go. And even if I did all the work, it would be for them and I anyway and it would be the best one yet!

But, one the other hand, you could enjoy the me time and go enjoy one heck of a Halloween party knowing that he’s handling the kids and they’re good!

Either way, it’s what YOU want and what THEY want. And don’t feel bad for whichever you choose.

It’s like when my ex wanted me in a pic with his other baby mama and I just did it and got it over with

Don’t make the kids suffer because you don’t want to be around him. It’s not about him or the fact that you bought the costumes it’s about the little people getting to be with both of their parents for a few hours.

3 Likes

Who cares !!!
Go for the kids !!!

4 Likes