My ex is constantly causing drama and trying to make me jealous: What should I do?

What do you do about a co-parent who often causes problems for no reason? We broke up almost four years ago, and from day 1, he always tried to start drama and make me jealous. We broke up for good because he hooked up with my childhood friend, and also had an affair while I was pregnant with #2. He finally moved on about a year after we broke up, so I thought it would stop. But just today, out of the blue, he emailed me at least a dozen photos of himself and his new girlfriend together. He also sent a message declaring his love for her and saying he never loved me compared to her, that Iā€™m ugly compared to her, and among just other unnecessary comments. Now, again, this was out of the blue. I havenā€™t talked to him since last pick up and as far as I knew everything was fine. This happens every now and then, even though I actually do my best to be extra nice to him and his girlfriend both. I invite them to parties, Iā€™ve invited them to school functions, and I was also really generous in court considering his history with his kids and his own personal background. In the beginning, he just wasnā€™t the father he should have been at all, but I will admit heā€™s gotten a lot better that way. How do I go about making co-parenting civil with someone who just wonā€™t even try and starts drama out of the blue for fun? 3rd party communication? We have shared custody, he has them every other weekend, and after four years, I just got my first month of child support. Itā€™s just draining constantly having someone in your life causing drama, and if itā€™s not causing drama, its name-calling and cut downs for absolutely no reason out of the blue. Iā€™m tired of it because I know I donā€™t deserve it, especially with how hard Iā€™ve worked since day one and dedicated my life to our kids.

28 Likes

Why not block him???

Screenshot everything and show to a lawyer. He can get in trouble for doing that. Or show the screenshots to your courthouse and they will make it so he canā€™t do that, and if he does heā€™ll get in trouble.

3 Likes

I would try and block him or talk to your lawyer about it cause no one should have to deal with unnecessary drama like that. Also show your lawyer the emails and stuff.

2 Likes

I would ignore it or just let be like " so happy for you!" Also if screen shot and save everything without saying a word.

9 Likes

Heā€™s still hung up on you otherwise he wouldnā€™t even stop to think about you. Just ignore him. No communication unless itā€™s about the kids and if he starts the name calling thatā€™s the end of the conversation.

5 Likes

I thought I wrote thisšŸ˜‚ I have very similar happenings to you!!

1 Like

Cut that shit out. Tell him that unless it pertains to the kids not to send you nothing. Block him if you need to get the point across. Save all of it just in case though.

Ignore it. Tell him you two only need to talk to each other regarding the kids. If he starts on about his drama then hang up. Donā€™t reply to emails but save them in case you need to go to court over it. I went through a period with my ex husband where we did just that. And usually only a text because we could not have a civil conversation.

1 Like

Iā€™d forward it to his new girl and ask her to talk to him. If sheā€™s a WOMAN she wouldnā€™t have that shit. Real WOMEN donā€™t deal with pettiness of that sort. Better yet, Iā€™d reply, cc her, and ask him why he feels the need to do such a thing.

Just block him lmfao. If you didnā€™t like the attention from him you would have already done it

1 Like

Well, he doesnā€™t love her at all if heā€™s doing that. He loves you. Heā€™s just a 12yr old abt it.
Block him unless itā€™s abt the kidsā€¦
You can always be really cute and pop off with,
ā€œUmm, ok? Good for you.ā€
ā€œHope youā€™ve learned abt the G spot since thenā€
Or, ā€œIts so great you were honest abt being a cheater and sheā€™s ok with you possibly bringing home a STD and being disrespected. Good luck to you both!!ā€ šŸ¤·

1 Like

Why not just delete the message and move on. Stop inviting them places they can live separate lives and still have kids together. Not rocket science.

3 Likes

Get a mediator for anything that has to do with the kids. Then block him from you phone, email, and all
Social media

3 Likes

Save all these messages for next time you go to court and they will make it a problem for him :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

What an asshole, block his ass. Obviously, he is trying to make you jealous and maybe tell him itā€™s not working and grow the fuck up!

Tell him congrats and leave it alone. He wants you to be bothered, so donā€™t be.

2 Likes

The courts now have an app where you can converse with other parent and its monitored and the judge takes into account peopleā€™s behaviors in the app

6 Likes

Ignore ignore ignore. Heā€™s looking for a reaction. Forward them to his new boo and be done with it.

2 Likes

Ignore him. Or take him to court and insist on you two using ā€œMy Family Wizardā€ as they only method of communication.

5 Likes

IGNORE HIM------act like you didnā€™t see the messages. But I agree print them and save them, for going back to court.

1 Like

Simply keep all whole message and pictures by him bring to court let judge deal with it ā€¦its not your conern about them since your not with that stupid guy newaysā€¦simply tell both your happy that they together but tell her that your glad you take his problem off your hands so she had to deal with him from now on and thier issues isnt yours no more so ingore them from now on

Kill em with kindness. Ignore it some times no answer is the best answer.

5 Likes

Every time he sends you something like that, tell him youā€™re so happy for his happiness. Itā€™ll stop.

7 Likes

Block him on all social media. Only talk to him when itā€™s about the kids. Nothing else.

1 Like

Why in hell are you even giving that w_hole head space??? Delete his ass and ignore him!!

Honey, just smile at him and ignore it, itā€™s all his issue, not yours, heā€™s just trying to get a ride out you. Wish him well and let it go. Thatā€™ll kill him

1 Like

Ignore him completely. Sounds to me like he really doesnā€™t love herā€¦ if he has to vow his love to her. Sounds to me like he is still stuck on you ā€¦ my ex does the same. You just have to push it all out if your mind and stop letting it destroy your peace!

2 Likes

Block him. You only really need to communicate via call or text and only about your children. And stop letting it bother you because thatā€™s why he does it. He wants to get a rise out of you. Now if you have repeatedly asked him to stop and he continues then thatā€™s harassment. He needs to grow tf up. Especially since heā€™s a father. Thatā€™s a horrible example to set for them and they should never be taught to disrespect people like that.

2 Likes

Just say ā€œeh, youā€™ve had better šŸ¤·ā€ and ignore it. If it continues get a 3rd party and stop talking to him.

1 Like

Itā€™s not drama unless you put yours in. When he sends you those things just reply with ā€œkā€ or send him a thumbs up. It will make him feel stupid since he is trying to get a reaction out of you. Donā€™t give him the pleasure.

3 Likes

Write him back and tell him that u are really happy for him, your sorry that your love didnt compare to hers and you wish him the best of luck with his new love. He is a classic narcissist and he wants you to stroke his ego and hes trying to set u off because he thrives and ctaves for itā€¦i went through this for the past 7 years with my first sons father, like u i thought once he moved on it would stop but NO, it doesnt especially if you react to what he says. If u make it known that ur happy for him and then limit your contact to only about your kids then it will dwindle away because its not fun to him anymore because hes not cutting u down and making u hurt. I promise u it works. Good luck

3 Likes

Ignore him. He will stop once he realizes he doesnā€™t have an audience. Itā€™s hard but it works

6 Likes

Unless itā€™s about your children, ignore him.

3 Likes

Block him on everything. They have a parenting app, family wizard I believe?..where you can text, strictly about kids. He isnt worth the stress. Hes still mad you left him, probably.

1 Like

Hes obviously not over you and clearly doesnt love her more if he has to announce it lmao what a foolish ā€œmanā€ā€¦

2 Likes

I think he is a narcissist, he is getting his rocks off by aggravating you. He is trying to get control over you.

2 Likes

Girl laugh at him. Hes so dumb lol

2 Likes

Just be the bigger person and literally ignore ANY communication that doesnā€™t involve your kid. So what if hes sending you pics? It just shows he feels like hers got something to prove. Print them out and play darts with their faces to alleviate your frustration. Concentrate on you. Your life, your family, freinds and happiness. His doesnā€™t matter to you. He sounds like a total ass to be honest. Itā€™s a way of controlling you. Just act like you havenā€™t heard/seen. Just constantly be the better person. He will get bored eventually. My ex used to do passive aggressive like this, and nothing annoyed him more than getting ZERO reaction from me! X

Just ignore it. Tell him you are glad hes happy and that you are happy for him . Put a smile on your face and feel blessed you donā€™t have to put up with his cheating ways.

2 Likes

Ignore his messages unless it has to do with your children. Maybe reach out to the girlfriend and see about communicating with her for drop offs and pick ups if itā€™s easier! Do whatever you have to to make sure your children come first and donā€™t bring them into any drama.

3 Likes

Probably not even him itā€™s her and itā€™s her being petty because he still loves you

4 Likes

Yes keep it classy that will drive him insane!

2 Likes

My ex harrassed me for years after I left. try and move awayā€¦

1 Like

He isnt over you and wants you to believe he is so happy when hes clearly not. Good luck, hon. Glad you realized ur worth

1 Like

Get the my family wizard app ! Its the best thing that has happened to my family !

1 Like

Be the bigger person & kill him with kindness :slight_smile:
NO reason to be jealous, & it seems he may actually be jealous of YOU, as you have done fine without him & he obviously cant do fine on his ownā€¦

When it happens, congratulate him on his new found job, love, home, car, whatever it may be. Tell him how great it is he is getting his life in order & that you LOVE hearing that, for your childrens sakeā€¦

When he sees the reaction is no longer getting him the attention he is seeking, it will stop~ My daughter has one just like it~ Yet he still cant figure out how to be a decent person or father~

2 Likes

Donā€™t give him the time of day. Its about the kids cut and dry. Silence is powerful. Thatā€™s it about the kids if anything else is brought up leave it alone he is winning he is taking your time up. Just try it.

If you have a time sharing order you can have a communication clause added, that allows you only to communicate through the app. The courts can monitor and advise communication to only be related to the children.

2 Likes

Omg sounds like my ex husband

1 Like

Just donā€™t respond and if you do make sure its about your kids not his life. Dont let it get to you ot he wins and will keep doing it

I would save every text. Every email and quietly document it all. Be kind as you have been. When you feel you have had enough or you have enough to charge him with harrassment then go for it. Good luck!

1 Like

Is it possible for you to go back to court to file for harassment? Print out everything he sends you and take it to court with you. Have the courts set it up that he is only allowed to contact you strictly about your child. If he violates that by harassing you more and doing the same thing, he can get in trouble with the court.

2 Likes

I literally wouldnā€™t respond unless it was about the child.

3 Likes

All you need to do is be and act like the parent you would want to have if you were your child , then let him be who he is and just dont engage unless its abt the kids , donā€™t even react to any emails like that . I mean save all info in a file just in case but dont bite the apple.

2 Likes

My youngest sons father does this, I have learned to just completely ignore anything he has to say if it doesnā€™t involve our son, It has stopped it all for the most part,

2 Likes

Block him from your Facebook block him from your phone number and then you wonā€™t have to see that stuff anymore

1 Like

Block him on your email. Also, show that in court as your reasoning for no longer allowing communication between you two. Tell him to no longer contact you. He can pick the kids up from school Fridays and you can pick them up on Mondays. Thatā€™s that. He knows what he is doing.

3 Likes

Following! Same boat

1 Like

Save every text, every email, every picture. Just everything. The times you invited them. But donā€™t reply harshky. Keep calm. Just stick to whatever it is about you asked or about the kids. And keep it documented that he only paid child support once in the 4 years. Then go to court and see if there is a place that can help iwth pick ups and drop offs if you still want them to see him. And make sure he pays for the services.

2 Likes

Just donā€™t respond Ignore his pictures emails and everything donā€™t stoop down to his level

1 Like

When he sends you stuff like that straight up respond ā€œthatā€™s good, glad you found someoneā€ dont be negative or ignore him cuz you would be feeding into his idea that your jealous

1 Like

I think itā€™s clear youā€™re being too nice and too lenient with him. Why you havenā€™t gotten a restraining order against him I donā€™t know but perhaps itā€™s time you consider it. Itā€™s obvious heā€™s not over you and he is trying so hard to hurt you pointlessly. Cut him off. Block him and get a court mediators to arrange pickups and exchanges with your children but donā€™t give him the opportunity to continue to harass you.
Obviously youā€™re not jealous and obviously killing him with kindness is backfiring and adding fuel to the fire so just cut him off from contacting you. Itā€™s not about being jealous or hurt, itā€™s about not playing the game with him. Thatā€™s what he wants, donā€™t give it to him.

2 Likes

Block him on any and all accounts. Donā€™t get riled up. Thatā€™s what he wants. He is trying to hurt you in any way that he can. Some day karma will come back for him. It always comes back.

1 Like

Girl please donā€™t talk to him donā€™t respond to anything at all when you do he know he has your attention keep everything he sent you you may need it court one day you should not let him decide what kind of life you are going to have

1 Like

Ignore it as much as you can

2 Likes

Just donā€™t respond to his BS. Unless itā€™s about your children, delete it and move on. He just wants to get a rise out of you. If you show that youā€™re not bothered by it, heā€™ll eventually stop.

Sounds like heā€™s not over you. Ignore him, but donā€™t delete any of the previous texts/emails in case you need them for court

5 Likes

You just answered your own question. You dont need Facebook to tell you that. Put on your big girl panties.

1 Like

Block him . On everything. Print out what hes doing and sent to police

ā€œPlease donā€™t contact me unless itā€™s regarding our shared childrenā€ on repeat until it sticks. He is definitely just mad and trying to strike at you anyway he can because child support. Heā€™s probably doing it in front of gf to make her happy because of the lost money.

1 Like

When he would send me stuff like that my answer would be glad your happy but rember one day she will get smart and leave to. I also would keep all of it and take it to court house.

Of it was me Iā€™d be telling him thanks for thinking of me and I hope your having fun f***ing another person :slight_smile: just remind him heā€™s already got baby everything else is irrelevant to you

The best way to reply is I am happy for you. Glad she is everything you want and need. Glad there was someone to make you happy. That is all I would reply back if I even did reply back.

Heā€™s missing you. 100%
He wants a reaction out of you to see if you feel the same. Mind games you should try and ignore!

2 Likes

Save all of that and show the court. Keep responses short and blunt if you respond at all, which I recommend against.

ā€œCool. Happy that you found somebody.ā€ and so on.

Girrrrrlllllā€¦in the nicest way I can possibly say thisā€¦itā€™s time for you to grow up. If there is dramaā€¦itā€™s because you have a part in it, as well. Ignore him. Donā€™t react. Donā€™t respond. Just do you. Make the drop offs and pick ups, quick and pleasant. If he is unfit, take him to court. If heā€™s fitā€¦leave him alone when heā€™s with his kids. This drama can be done, if you want it to be.

3 Likes

Just tell him youā€™re happy for him because you donā€™t miss him or his small penis either so you all good :joy::joy:

Jk. just ignore him.

Are you 100% Positive it is him Sending the emails?? Because it could be a VERY JEALOUS GIRLFRIEND trying to start junk or make herself fell better because her relationship with him is not good or what they are making it out to beā€¦

1 Like

Jk. just ignore him.

Hes immature he still loves you and donā€™t know how to tell you no he thinks getting a reaction out of you is how he get you but heā€™s going about it all wronged called psychology

Ignore him, make a file of all his bullshit for the just in case future court issues. Dont lower yourself to his stupidity. Continue being the best mom to your kids and put them first above even your personal needs. Heā€™ll tire himself up soon.

Is he a drinker? Getting drunk and emotional, trying to hurt you. Completely ignore it. Let him think you never even got messages from him.

Just quit!get a lawyer or advocate, and move on

Maybe itā€™s his girlfriend who is sending you the emails, pretending to be him.

1 Like

Sounds like he still has a thing for you. Itā€™s sad how people canā€™t move on. Your child I hope donā€™t see this behavior but I can almost bet he says things around the child. I hope all works out. I would definitely take this into court and put him in his place. Him sending this information through email can be used in court. He is such a child.

7 Likes

Continue to just ignore. He is probably hoping you will show this to his new gf in hopes of getting some sort of reaction. He is still upset and angry. Continue to live life to the fullest

6 Likes

It actually sounds like heā€™s jealous of you, not being with him if that makes sense? I think he still has feelings for you and heā€™s striking out at you because yā€™all arenā€™t together. He needs therapy

8 Likes

Look up the ā€œgrey rock methodā€ on non responding as a response. Could work in this situation.

Take him back to court. Lay everything out and let the judge tell him to grow up. Itā€™s prob the only way he will

3 Likes

This is what I would do, I would say thank you for the compliments. Act like it doesnā€™t bother you, when he sees it not bothering you he stop. The more u fight with him about it the more he do

2 Likes

When he sends you an e-mail, just delete it. He sounds like a big baby and you have enough to do. Stop inviting him and his latest squeeze to events, move on.

1 Like

Ignore him! Looking for attention or sympathy. Trying to get you to react. If you donā€™t pay attention,then he loses the power to upset you.

4 Likes

Block him on whatever device he sent you the pics on. Tell him youā€™ve blocked him on said device because ā€œyour personal life is your own and Iā€™m not interested in it.ā€ then tell him that you will block him on subsequent devices if he sends you any more photos of him or her. And stick to it. If he wants to be able to talk with you about the children, he needs to behave himself. If not, heā€™ll have to purchase a homing pigeon.

1 Like

Third party communicationā€¦only. No direct link to you at all. Often say nice things to your kids about themā€¦out of the blueā€¦Not just because the kids initiate convo. Good luck.

1 Like

My sister struggles with drama from her ex- what she does is just ignore his comments/ messages that arenā€™t about the kid. communication is about the kid only- while he doesnā€™t always respect it and still tries to start stuff- if she doesnā€™t feed into it he doesnā€™t get the attention he wants and it stops quickly

1 Like

Itā€™s not out of the blue, he just had to pay child support! Him & gf r probly short $ now! SOOOOO NOT UR FAULT, I would send a polite email saying so happy for u and leave it at thatā€‹:+1::grin: good luck

Ignore it! There are issues in his head. When he calls you a name or insults you, smile and say thank you. That way he loses control over you. Some people just suck is all.

1 Like

How do post a question I have? I need some advice as well