My Ex, Who Has Been MIA for Almost 3 Years, Is Suing Me for Full Custody: Advice?

There is a lot more to this story! If you got along with your parents they wouldn’t be doing this and that is your business of course. Parents don’t usually turn on their child to help an ‘EX’. Whatever bad blood you got with your parents has made them turn on you. Dont worry about the custody part, i would be looking into RESTRAINING all 3 of them.
That faster you cut them out the better you will be.

12 Likes

I think the most they will do is make him pay childsupport but also will allow him some sort of visitation, I highly doubt they will give him full custody unless you are deemed unfit in anyway

2 Likes

He sounds like he’s trying to step up. U can counter sue and indicate that he hasn’t been involved and your child is best with you. Really, any father that wants to be a part of a child’s life should be. U don’t have the right to deny him access, but you could push for sole custody and him having visitation.

1 Like

It’s not often children are taken from their Mother. Unless she is proven unfit.Keep the faith. I will pray for you and you precious baby.

1 Like

Your family has something to do with that…

8 Likes

I am sorry you are dealing with this. It is a very difficult situation. The benefit you have is that you are in Texas and that Texas is all about the mothers. I say get a good attorney to represent you. Put him on child support and let him see his children according to the court order once one is placed. In the meantime, allow him to see his children in your presence when he wants.

If you are being a good mom he doesn’t have a leg to stand on. No judge will take a child out of a good home. Grandparents do NOT have the same rights as parents. Document any interaction with the opposing parties with facts only. Set guidelines for communication. Stick to it them.

The reality is that he probably won’t get full custody of ur babies or baby idk if both are his but let him be there for them and take the kids ehen he wants lol when he sees u living ur best life he will want u to keep them this looks like he probably wants to get back with u to if I were u I would let him see the kids when ever it’s not the kids fault u seem like ur doing everything right.

1 Like

The courts will see him as too unstable to provide a permanent home. The first thing they’re going to ask him is why he waited so long to get custody or try to be in his life. You’d have to have quite a bad rap sheet for them to just rip your baby away like that, you’re all he knows. If anything, this is only going to cause him to have to start paying court ordered child support, he’s screwing himself :woman_shrugging:t2:

I can’t believe her parents are allowing him to stay with them. This is a mess. He won’t have a leg to stand on for full custody. Best of luck!

I experienced the same situation u are the child’s mother if u have done everything in your power to take care of him as a mother u have nothing to worry about…the only person matter is the child and what’s the best interest for him u got this♥️.

I wish you the best. Hopefully the two of you can work together and be active role models in this child’s life. A positive is that he wants to be part of this kids life. Another positive is you love your child. That in its self is common ground you both can stand on.
I will tell you this story seems a little off…At least not complete. Regardless, best wishes to your family ( babies dad included. )

I think first you should sort out with your parents. Have an adult talk with them. Followed by getting a decent family lawyer and sorting out it with the judge.
Have courage, keep your head. It’s tough but you will get through.
Parents at times can be bigger nuisance than exes.

This is only a part of the story. Seem to me you and your parents don’t get along well. Probably they want to see the grandchild but you won’t let them. So they rather help the father to get custody.

My ex took me to court for full custody of my boys I fought I won he’s a bad excuse of a father more into his girlfriend then his boys my husband is an, amazing dad to them I wish my ex would just dissappear and. Leave us alone even when he sees his boys he can’t be bothered so don’t worry hun xxx

Wow, your parents though is another issue on its own. Sounds to me like they are the ones telling him to do this so they will have full custody. Sounds like your family is very toxic and I’m guessing you don’t speak to them or perhaps refused to take the grandchild over out of anger in the moment because they helped him. They will do a paternity test since he is not on the birth certificate. I am more than sure they will give him rights to see him, but not full custody. I need to know all of the story though.

That’s is 100% abandonment and you will win full custody. Not only do mothers USUALLY win these cases but you have far too many facts and proof to back up his abandonment towards “his” child.

He doesn’t stand a chance of full custody. Supervised visits at best. Please go for child support.

How is he sueing u to take the baby where to YOUR PARENTS house he has to have his own to win nd u have to be unfit and unable to provide for the baby

1 Like

Why would u put him on the birth certificate if he left during pregnancy. My ex left the day my 3 yr old was born. His name ain’t on shit. He left he has no rights to my child. My bf takes care of her an our 8 month old while I drive a truck so. My ex has seen her an hit her I flipped out!! I don’t give a damn in my book my ex is a sperm donor

judges don’t step in and take a baby away from the mother unless they are deemed unfit—he may get shared custody but he should end up paying child support including arrears because of abandonment —next q is WHY are your parents helping him out?

You do not have a thing to worry about, unless you have done something egregious. I have been through this years ago when I went after custody of my step children. I got custody because of some of the things that you have mentioned. Here is what the court’s will be asking him…How much have you financially supported your child? How much time have you spent with your child? Do you have insurance on your child? Are you attempting to create alienation between the mother and her support system? What support system do you have, outside of the mother’s parents? Who paid for the hospital bills? He can want full custody all he wants, he isn’t going to get it. Your child is too young. Here is my advice to you, DO NOT tell anyone that you wish he would just disappear. If the courts think you are attempting to cut off all contact, they will jump on you with both feet. Do not say anything but the most appropriate things. Do not send any emails, unless they are perfectly appropriate. Be prepared that if this man wants to have a relationship with his child, the courts are going to support that. It is what is best for the child, if he isn’t abusive. So be prepared for that. Insist that he carries insurance on your child and helps with daycare, on top of child support. If you need more advice, feel free to message me.

1 Like

Also, TX doesnt even have 50/50. We have custodial and non custodial parents. Unless there is something not being shared that is BIG, the court wont grant him as custodial parent.

Why the hell are your parents even helping him??? That’s bullshit!! They should be supporting you not helping him!! Have you talked to a lawyer ?? I would ASAP. I would nip him having contact in the bud until it’s settled and if you have to let him see your son. Good luck momma

…were you doing questionable things when you got pregnant that made him think the baby wasnt his???..have YOU done bad things that would turn your parents against you and make them believe the baby is better off with him?? there has to be more to this story…

Not fully knowing your circumstances, (are you a neglectful mom, are you/have you been involved with drugs or any other reason a judge could take him) they won’t remove a child unless there is a reason. My concern is why your parents are helping the father ? With that issue, it could be problematic. If you’ve had issues in your life, please pull yourself together, distance yourself from your past and out the baby first. Sorry for the harshness but you need to be prepared.

The courts alway want both parents to have a relationship, sad but true. They never give sole custody to one parent unless, deemed unfit, opposite parent signs over custody or opposite party doesn’t show up for hearing/mediation. Get ur ducks in a row… u will be referred to mediation!!! The mediator holds ALOT OF POWER, like a lot. And the judge almost 100% rules on their recommendation.

I went through same situation, except it was my daughters dad’s new girlfriend “Fiancé” that wanted custody, all paper work was filled out in her handwriting, he wanted all communication to go through her, etc. showed up in court together. I always by myself, I’ve always been an army of one type of girl… I knew their relationship was volatile so I Called around to police stations and said I was acting as my own attorney, begged, pleaded. I was able to get like 4reports involving them. The judge through out the order, and I won temp sole custody. Dad had to do supervised visation, and he’s fiancé could not be around. It was a long process, but worth every second. It sucked, but I didn’t throw 1st stone. Good luck!!

He has to prove, that he is the father, and he isn’t on the birth certificate, so, they would have to do a DNA test, to confirm if he is the father. He is going to have to shell out a lot of money for all of that too!

Why would you want the fathers life to be involved looks like he is trying to get his act together.

When you go to court sue him for child support and say he lives with your parents and not his not even on his own and they had to help him come back to the city he couldn’t even do that on his own he’s not there for the kids os why do your parents like him so much?

Hey momma bear I am very sorry that u need to be going through this. No mother that actually does for her kids and loves her kids deserves to go through this… what ever u do please keep all your slips, when u buy things for your baby even if it’s something small keep every single slip so that u can show the court u do alone for your little one… never delete any message he or your family sends to u… u will need to show the judge all this proof… once u have your baby all to yourself u make sure him and your parents never get to see your child they don’t deserve to be in your precious sons life…

Yes, don’t worry. However, he will get visitation but he will pay child support now.

Well it’s not sueing…but he will not get full custody no judge will give him full custody as he hasn’t been inn the child’s live much

Have you ask your parents why they are going against you their daughter frist off …and he would have to prove you are a unfit mother …judges don’t just take children from their mother for no reason …idky people want to put all their business on social media…

You have had the child they will not remove the child from you as it safe and has a bond. At most they may add more time and 8 out of ten dads don’t take the extra time it only a power play a form of control. I lived 2 years of hell with my children’s dad after our divorce it was not about him wanting to be a dad it was control and trying to make me cave in. Once he seen I was never looking back and he couldn’t handle work childcare and the things we do as we grown as a parent with our child he walked away all the way. My youngest will be 15 dads never been around since right before she turned 3 she don’t even remember him. Its sad he lives close but never tried to even send a bday card. She tried to reach out and felt weird. So she started send GIF and he don’t respond to them. In the end. I tell her I got twice the love twice the memories and I never change a thing. 10 years we were together he got a D.V when I finely stood up for myself. I loved him so much I built him up as he destroyed me. Now I have my college degree and became everything he said I was not good enough to be. Best of luck

If your OWN parents support him, I would honestly question how fit YOU are as a parent. Always 2 sides to every story.

8 Likes

Not me but it sounds like he’s broke and this is the easy way for him to get money. Document, document, document.

The judge will give him a chance to be part of the childa life by saying every other weekend or maybe even few hrs once a week
If he can prove he’s the father the judge will allow him time

Where I no live no child support no visits. And they send the deadbeat dad to jail. File for non support with the division of family services. You know exactly where here is. Put his ass in jail/

I am currently in your position i was served papers last friday . I feel the same way

Do your parents consider you to be an unfit mother? Why would they be on his side not you?

He is not on the birth certificate.No rights.He has to go through a process to prove things,if hes willing too.

Im sorry but if my parents turned on me like that. They wouldnt see their grandchild either.

You have left info out and I am getting you and your parents don’t get along vibes since they are helping the ex out. They want the child not the ex I would say.

Most likely it being texas he will get weekends and have to pay support after a paternity test.

narcissist mother and x in a action. You would have to be SO unfit for them to completely remove the child from your care…he is a wad of dicks…

Try to keep your head in a proper state. Try to sleep, hydrate, stay focused. Probably doesnt have a chance but keeping a strong mind is important for you atm.

Can we get the full story? Why are your parents being so helpful for him? I mean my parents wouldn’t help a grown man who left me while pregnant.
Are your parents also helping pay his legal fees while he fights you for custody? I mean if your parents support him in this matter then I’m guessing that’s not going to be a good look for you. I’m concerned with why your parents are helping a man who left their grandchild…only way this adds up is if your parents are stupid or they feel your child would be better off with dad than you. I know there’s 3 sides to every story. I know you’re leaving something out.

1 Like

Counter sue and go for back child support

5 Likes

Wait first off why are your parent’s helping HIM instead of YOU?.

You need to persuade your parents to throw out your ex. If they wont its three against one and you need legal aid . social welfare worker might help.

i feel again the responses are mostly victim blaming saddly enough a womans state what country is that in?

Something sounds off in this story

5 Likes

Was paternity ever established?

Is he on the birth certificate?

I think you need to have a long talk with your parents, and /or cut them off

2 Likes

Whats wrong with your parents??? You got this dont even worry.

1 Like

You need to have a word with your parents!!!

2 Likes

He’s living with YOUR PARENTS??? Betrayal much???

4 Likes

Wow what wonderful supportive parents you have!

I can’t believe your parents would help him!

Sue him back for child support!

What’s your parents said .they should be ashamed

Just get an attorney and you will be fine do not worry!

Well you need to cut ties with your parents.

Judges sees petty. Full custody of a child he never sees and supports? You tell the judge you want full custody with supervised visits. Unless he was dying he has no excuse. Your fault too. Can’t let dad pick and choose. It’s not fair to your son.

1 Like

The judge will laugh him out of court… what a joke of a father.

Law of attraction
If you know
Then only focus on that
Worry attracts worry too
Good luck :green_heart:

Tell him good luck…No judge is gonna give him custody

If he doesn’t pass d.n.a then he dont have to pay.

Your parents are helping him???

Go to the court house and file for custody first

Texas is considered a “Mother” state… Which means they want to keep kids with their mother’s as much as possible. He may get visitation like every other weekend and a month out if summer and a holiday or 2, but unless you are a druggie alcoholic abusive mom, I highly doubt he will win full custody. I’ll be praying for you :heartpulse:

Let your parents put him out if he don’t have a place to live where he putting the child

You did nothing wrong. Litterally sounds like he has a 0% chance of winning. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Ya parents need to have your back

you are telling many womens story sorry to say

What are your parents saying?.. :flushed:

He has not a chance and why did your parents do that :sob:

Your parents helped him?

Wait…Did U Say Your Parents???

Your parents? Wow the nerve

Your PARENTS, THO?!?!

5 Likes

Your parents? Your fucking parents are helping him? Somethings off here. Cut them all off.

Beat your parents ass!!! Because wtf :exploding_head:

He’s not on the birth certificate. Yeah…pretty much no chance for him

He is not on the birth certificate, so, he really doesn’t stand a chance! He probably can’t find anyone to support him, so he is using your son, to get to you. Maybe you should have a talk with your parents, sounds like he has them brain washed with lies! Maybe just move, and don’t tell him where you live, he is trying to accomplish, that you were the one causing trouble. An abusive man, always behaves in this manner!

2 Likes

If he is not taking his son anywhere and there’s no custody arrangement hes not going to get child support. I do highly suggest you protect yourself and your child by taking the 1st steps to getting legal custody. If you play games and say he can’t see him that looks bad on your part in the eyes on the courts. But if there’s no custody arrangement he can literally take the baby and run. Determine paternity. Set up custody order - let him fuck it up if he chooses, make him pay child support and have it all on record. Theres no time for game playing anymore. This is about your kid you made together. Best of luck to you :heart:

12 Likes

Something not right :smirk_cat: ur parents helping someone who hasn’t being in ur child’s life :scream_cat:

12 Likes

Most states will grant custody to the mother unless she is unfit. If you can or have someone to support you and the children it’s unlikely for him to get full custody but it’ll be harder since they’re already living with them he can claim parental abandonment

4 Likes

Yes. I trusted my ex to take the children for visit & he filed for custody in another state. Took two years to get them back, $20,000 & I am Now Legally “Sane” in two States. Unless the mother is truly bad, only abusive men take children from their mother’s. It’s a form of control. Your parents are sh*tty. Get a lawyer. Document everything. 1st he has to prove paternity.

Just get you a lawyer, he won’t win. Unless, you have drug, homeless, or abuse history, no way in hell a judge is gonna take your baby. He abandoned him long ago & doesn’t get to pick & choose when he wants to be in the kids life. My ex tried the same bs on me & all it did was cost him a bunch of money and he finally asked me nicely if we could just let the court case go. :slightly_smiling_face: dont let him scare you which is exactly what he’s trying to do.

Why. Are. Your. Parents. Helping. Him???

Why in the heck are your parents helping him?

Tell him to go fuck himself

Wow, your parents SUCK!

Never judge a book by its cover, I had always talked rubbish about the spiritual healers because i was living a luxurious life with my husband and kids. I never believed that anyone can solve someone’s problems. I could rudely reply to the posts about the healers with insults little didi know that one day they will help me. It started when a strange disease attacked one of my kid for almost eight months. I visited all the hospitals in South Africa but the doctors couldn’t see the disease. I went to pastors, Sheiks, Sisters, and priests but couldn’t see any change. I sold all of my properties and lost my business because I was charged lots of money. I went back to Zero. My husband was used to a luxurious life since he was coming from a rich family. He started losing interest in me, disrespected me, insulted me in our kids’ presence, all my in-laws hate me. I had no shoulder to cry on.I was left with no hope. The most heartbreaking part is when my husband started cheating on me with one of the member of Parliament which I won’t mention her name. I got depressed and tried to commit suicide until when my friend asked me to contact papa marere . I had lost hope and besides didn’t trust healers. I called them scammers. My friend used his cellphone and called her. She gave him a date to go to her office and on that date, my friend picked me very early in the morning and took me there. I explained everything to her. She asked us to go back and bring the sick kid and we did so. She cast her spells and after a few hours, my son was healed. After 24 hours my husband came back home and apologized to me. he gave me a ring for my business and as I speak now am not complaining. I got back everything.+2348109805184 is his number for help. Email him via ( marerespells@gmail. com ) he is INCREDIBLE.

Following for updates

That’s utter bullshit

Dont worry. He will never get itt