My Ex, Who Has Been MIA for Almost 3 Years, Is Suing Me for Full Custody: Advice?

QUESTION:

"My eldest son is 2 and 9 months. Almost 3. His father left during pregnancy. And continuously told my friends and me that the baby wasn’t his and wasn’t physically capable of having kids.

He called me names and was rude up until like two weeks before my son’s birth. I didn’t inform him I was in labor, but I sent him a photo afterward (he lived in Mississippi at the time, and I live in Texas).

He came and saw my son when he was a month old. And he saw him once when he was about a year and a half. In total, he’s sent $400 for “child support” I’ve never taken him to court. I truthfully just wanted him to leave us alone. I never put him on the birth certificate. But I also allowed him to come to see my son if he asked.

Well, a month ago, he talked my parents into helping him move out here. He’s currently living with them. My dad got him a job. And then a couple of days ago, I got served papers because he is suing me for full custody of my baby!!!

I know he has almost no chance of winning. But I’m so scared. I love my baby so much. I can’t sleep. I feel like I need to just hold him 24/7. Has anyone had to deal with this before?"

RELATED QUESTION: Am I Wrong for Wanting to Meet My Ex’s Girlfriend?

TOP ANSWERS (AS SELECTED BY MODERATOR):

“Get a lawyer and prove abandonment and neglect. If anything he will get visitations bc he is a stranger to the child. And I just have to say you definitely have some garbage parents for them to be helping him out. Js.”

“It sounds like there may be more to this story. Why did your parents help him? Was it because they thought your child deserves 2 parents or do they think you are unfit? I’m not trying to be rude, just trying to understand the whole story.”

“For those saying, ‘there is more to the story because her parents are helping him’, congratulations you have never dealt with toxic, controlling parents. When they can’t control you with money or fear, they for sure go after your weak spot that is your love for your kid. Don’t assume all parents have their child’s best interest at heart. OP cut your parents completely out of your life.”

“If he’s suing for custody it doesn’t matter that his name isn’t on the birth certificate because the court will rule on a DNA test. Once it’s ruled that he is his child then yes, most likely they will allow for a slow introduction. First, most likely, starting with supervised visits with you & then moving forward from there. A lot of states want a child to have both parents present and so they will most likely give him an opportunity. I highly doubt they would give him full custody unless he can prove you are unfit. As far as living with your parents, that does not matter. He still has a roof over his head and a job. If anything it will show he’s made an effort to be introduced into your sons life because he moved states to be closer to him. Just make sure every form of communication is via text & write a log of every interaction. Date and time everything that you handwrite. A detailed log plus text to back it up is extremely difficult to argue against in court.”

“Definitely need to hire a lawyer hun. And I’m so sorry you’re going through this. He’s going to have to prove you unfit for full custody to be awarded and it doesn’t sound to me like he’s going to be able to do that. However, depending on the judge you get and what his lawyer asks for, you may be looking at visitation rights of some sort. Good luck dear! I’m rooting for you! It’s not fair when they think they can just be “dad” whenever they want.”

“Mentally emotionally abusive, abandonment, no medical or financial support, no visitation, no paternity, no name on birth cert, no proof you’re an unfit mother. He will get visitation once paternity is established and you’ll get child support. That’s probably as far as it’ll go. Also, any conversation you have with him or with your parents about how the situation needs to strictly be about the baby. That’s it. I understand it’s a scary and stressful situation but you have to do your best to keep conversations limited and keep it together for yourself and your child. I hope it all works out for you and your baby.”

“He won’t get full custody. The first thing he needs to do is prove via paternity test he’s the father. The only way a court would grant him full custody is if you’re an unfit mother. Honestly don’t worry too much about it. I’d be more worried about the fact your parents are helping him not you.”

“Unless you have some drug or drinking issues or abuse your child, he will not get sole custody. I have a feeling you are bit telling us the whole story, why are your parents helping him? Do you have a job? Place to live? Transportation? You need to get a lawyer.”

Have a response to this question? Leave it below to help a mama out! Or leave your own question and get responses from real moms!

READ ALL ANSWERS BELOW:

216 Likes

Definitely need to hire a lawyer hun. And I’m so sorry your going through this. He’s going to have to prove you unfit for full custody to be awarded and it doesn’t sound to me like he’s going to be able to do that. However, depending on the judge you get and what his lawyer asks for, you may be looking at visitation rights of some sorts. Good luck dear! I’m rooting for you! It’s not fair when they think they can just be “dad” whenever they want.

6 Likes

Your parents are helping him do this???

33 Likes

Get a lawyer and prove abandonment and neglect. If anything he will get visitations bc he is a stanger to the child. And I just have to say you definitely have some garbage parents for them to be helping him out. Js.

36 Likes

Why would your parents help him I don’t understand that bit

15 Likes

My soon to be ex husband has threatened to take the oldest of our two children from me.

Shame on your parents for helping

15 Likes

It sounds like there may be more to this story. Why did your parents help him? Was it because they thought your child deserves 2 parents or do they think you are unfit? I’m not trying to be rude, just trying to understand the whole story

38 Likes

No way he will get full custody with his lack of involvement. He would have to prove you are are an unfit mother for that. I doubt he can even get 50/50 with the basic abandonment of the child this long.
You can even request supervised visits until the child is comfortable.,
Child support ect…

1 Like

First get a lawyer keep records of how many times he has seen your son before anything paternity has to be established to prove he is the father find and keep the text and proof of him saying he wasn’t the father most states do 50/50 unless one parent is proven to be unfit ( by drugs or abuse ) so dont stress currently going through the same shit :roll_eyes: but my son’s father lost and we have 50/50 definitely hire a laywer though record all text date amd keep records of calls anything

Oldest story in the book. You guys will go to court and he will either get supervised visitation or 4-6 hours every other weekend for probably 6 months. Then maybe a week end over night. Then eventually maybe 50/50. I mean if he proves himself this is great for your child. If he isn’t on drugs and isn’t violent then let him be a dad.

1 Like

Why are your parents helping him

And he wouldn’t win full custody unless it was proven that you were a risk to the child especially with how in and out of the child’s life he is

First question why is YOUR parents helping him?

11 Likes

all of this is not as easy as it seems. you did good by not putting him on the birth certificate. He has no parental rights. so he has to get the court to allow him to get DNA test. Once thats done and positive if he wants to claim the child that means his name goes as the father onnthe birth certificate. once that happens. you are able to nail him with back child support. im not sure at what point its considered abandonment before or after the dna test

4 Likes

I think there is a big part of this story that is missing. Why else would her parents help him?

5 Likes

Why exactly are your parents helping HIM??? I feel like there are more details to this story that have not beendisclosed

4 Likes

Lawyer up. Say if he wants any visitation it needs to be supervised because he has abandoned your child. Its been over 5 years for my children since they seen their father and the courts will let him see his children but my children are all old enough to decide if they want to see him. Unfortunately yours is not and they will give him visitation. Once he’s done with his supervised visit schedule then more time will be added, but he will not get full custody. What a laughable notion he has! And I can’t believe your own parents are condoning this! I’m appalled. I hope to for your sake they don’t know he filed like that and are just trying to be good people by helping out the father to their grand baby, but how disgusting especially since he didn’t seem to want a child. And first of all since he isn’t on a birth certificate he has to establish paternity anyway. Oh go for child support once he has established paternity. It doesn’t have to affect you at all. Its just a little something that can help you with raising your child.

2 Likes

Maybe her parents are assholes??? She asked for advice on a case not your opinions on her parents. She’s been the one supporting him, at best he will probably get visitation.

U need to cut ur parents off, how dare they. They sound like mine and nothing good happens !! Get a lawyer. But he doesnt stand a chance.

1. I’m so sorry!

2. Sounds like your parents are pretty toxic if they’re willing to help HIM.

3. You need to cut them all out

1 Like

Unless you have some drug or drinking issues or abuse your child, he will not get sole custody. I have a feeling you are bit telling us the whole story, why are your parents helping him? Do you have a job? Place to live? Transportation? You need to get a lawyer.

3 Likes

Why are your parents helping him? That is insane!

1 Like

My parents would never see me or that baby again!

2 Likes

1 - Either you are not a fit parent and it’s gotten so bad that your parents are helping your ex go take the baby away from you
Or
2 - I actually don’t have a 2…

13 Likes

Your parents willingness to help him is what you need to deal with. That will be the standing court decision. Are they going to court with him? Have you talked to them? Hugs. There’s stuff not said that makes a difference here

If he’s trying to spend time with your son, which is his son too, you should talk to a family lawyer and maybe draw up visitations through your lawyer BEFORE you go to court. I understand costs may be high but if you show that you have a visitation plan (I wouldn’t suggest 50/50 at first because he hasn’t been around) and show you’re willing to let him see his child then hopefully the court would grant whatever you bring to the table as long as it’s reasonable in allowing him to see the child. Just please remember this is a good thing for your son. He deserves to know his father. I understand he hasn’t came to see the child a lot, and he wasn’t involved, but since he didn’t sign away his rights, it is now his right to fight to see him. Draw up a custody agreement, get it done through the court, and document anytime he doesn’t follow through with the custody agreement. Because then you can take him back to court to get reduced custody if he doesn’t follow it/follow through.

2 Likes

If ur in Texas it’s a mommy state at most he will get visitation or some not all

So basically ur parents have helped him be in a position to fight for custody … has to be more to this

13 Likes

He’d have to prove you unfit to get full custody, but it is likely he will be awarded shared parenting. It’s becoming more common now than ever before. Call legal aid they can assist you with anything you may need usually.

1 Like

What the hell is wrong with your parents? I sure feel for you.He won’t get your baby but when it is all over, you should distance yourself from your parents. Who needs that?

1 Like

Wait did I read this right?? YOUR parents?? Are helping him!??!?

3 Likes

He screwed himself he wont win and he will be paying you back child support all the way up to birth.

1 Like

Not sure what your relationship is with you parents. But for them to help him out to that extent when he has never played a active role in your child’s life and isn’t even on the birth certificate, there must be more to the story because they are basically helping him get custody.

4 Likes

Your parents are horrendous. And so is he.Get legal advice immediately.

There is more to this story…why are YOUR parents helping HIM and not YOU?

2 Likes

My mom did the same thing. She just was trying to see what his intentions were. I had some really good character witnesses and we shared visitation. It was supervised visitation at first, but he begged me to do regular visits. I was stupid and agreed for the best interest of my child. I didn’t want the conflict. Get a lawyer and do supervised visits for now and see where it goes. He’s the father and unfortunately he has just as much right to his child as you do. Let him prove paternity on his dime and try to get past some of your issues. Maybe he’ll be a good father. It’s what’s best for your child :wink: work together for your child it doesn’t mean that you have to get back together, but your child needs both parents to flourish and grow into a loving caring and responsible adult. Don’t let your bitterness get in the way of your child’s happiness. Good luck and just try to be civil :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Why the hell are your parents helping???

1 Like

He will get visitation which you will have to deal with because that is his son too. Aside from that unless you are unfit they won’t just hand him over full custody regardless if your parents are helping him.

1 Like

My ex got full custody after admitting to abusing me and being on felony probation. The courts said he was only violent towards me and I was unstable because I left him. Get a lawyer ASAP.

3 Likes

Start with establishing custody

I mean if he wants to be apart of the child’s life LET HIM!! Damn dude!!!

Im going through this. Situation is a little different. The father of my kids didn’t want my girls until I was a few months pregnant. Was a shitty dad for a year and left. My kids are two now. He left around their first birthday. You can also take him to court. When you fill out the papers they basically ask you to write a little something as to why you should have full custody. Write all of this. And I don’t mean to offend anyone but I think it’s weird that he’s staying with your parents. I think they’re amazing for helping Bcs it shows they have your babies best interest at heart but this man whose to be a visitor to your child. To me he doesn’t deserve that kind of generosity. And for him to be staying with YOUR family and sue YOU is wild to me. But you got this. Keep things civil. Don’t say anything crazy and be polite through text Bcs that’s “proof”. I have faith in you girl! Serve his ass.

Your own parents??.. Did I read that right

He wasn’t there for you during pregnancy, spread vicious rumors about, doesn’t support his child or see him often. YOUR parents move him in with them? I’d feel betrayed.

Don’t worry about the custody battle. First he has to establish paternity. Then he has to establish a relationship with your son. Right now he’s a stranger. A judge isn’t going to rip him from the only consistent adult in his life to give him to a stranger. He’ll be ordered to pay child support. The judge isn’t going to give him full custody. Possibly joint but he hasn’t shown ability to put his child’s needs first & work with you or the ability of supporting the child.

I’d get a lawyer. Custody battles aren’t cut & dry. Judges do put their personal feelings into their judgements.

Are you 100% sure he is the father? I would start with a paternity test.

1 Like

Lawyer up, he won’t get full custody and more than likely won’t even get 50/50. I went through court with my sons father and I have full physical custody and 50/50 legal and I make all final decisions

Your parents are a holes to start with. Secondly, he doesn’t stand a chance. The court will award you child support and he will get visitation. They will always ask for everything hoping they will get something. Your fine, just breathe

My daughter’s dad did something very similar denied her until she was over a year old then tried to take full custody at 3. We now have 50/50 custody

I feel like we are missing a giant part of this story.

8 Likes

He sounds like my ex, I know my son is better off with me because he is still a child himself :unamused: he hardly visits & drinks with his mates all the time,.I would be stressed if he had him overnight & I know that he would cry for his mummy, why can’t they just leave the child with the’re mother & just visit, leave the child where he/she is happy

2 Likes

Did you all NOT see her text said her “ELDEST” son which means she has had another Child by another Man since her first little boy ~ She is ‘hiding’ some major facts & does NOT answer questions about her parents …

2 Likes

First in your position I would be informing the parents IN WRITING that if they do not evict him IMMEDIATELY they would not be seeing the kids. They screwed you over in the worst way possible. Second get a lawyer and fight that battle. If your parents do evict him as they should then by the time y’all make i to court he will most likely not have a stable home and will loose in court.

4 Likes

Lol .
Fear of what " illusions"
So many things to be
addressed here .
Why is ur dad helping him .
He should be helping u ??
Second and more important .
If u know he have no chance. Then u have nothing to fear.
Don’t be stupid .
focus on u darling do u .
Ur life ur goals . And remember he will only control u if u allow him to .
let him bark all he want .
His main goals is not the kids .
His goal is to control u by inserting fear within u .
Don’t let him get to u .
Learn to ignore the barking of dogs sweet heart and focus on u . Be strong mentaly.
Don’t let others step on u . Or take u lightly .
Remember he can only be in position of control and power if u allow him to .

3 Likes

Sounds like you should probably get comfortable with split custody. You’re right, he probably won’t be awarded full custody, but it is highly likely the judge will award him partial custody/visitation.

1 Like

Get a lawyer & countersue him for abandonment.

1 Like

I’d laywer up. To me this looks like your parents want custody of your child and that’s the only way they could get it. If he got full and terminated your rights he could sign him over to them. And that they are bribing him and possibly financially he would benefit from this.
Have they ever over stepped or suggested they wanted your child in anyway before? I’d look through texts with them and find anything you can to use. Any contact from them get a restraining order and have your child and house included so he can’t go over there.
Join parents against grandparent’s rights Facebook group as they should have some good ideas how to help with this as you could build a strong case that this is to benefit the grandparents and not him.
Fight as much as possible for your child. Have your house cps ready as that’ll be the next steps when going for full they need to make out abuse or neglect so get the house ready for visits from them. Get your child in counselling so a counseller can write to the courts with their evidence that you are a good mum and shouldn’t lose custody.
Offer up supervised visits in the lead to every other weekend over nights and one night every other week once he is on his feet and has a house. On terms that you parents aren’t allowed visits and you won’t take him for child support.

2 Likes

He isn’t on the birth certificate. Actually i went through this same thing with my eldest son now 8 he was 2 weeks old at the time. I live in ky. The county attorney called me to inform me and said first paternity had to be established to go forward but said they needed my permission for a dna test since he is my child and i straight up told them NO and never heard anything else about it

5 Likes

What’s the other side to this sorry if YOUR parents are helping HIM? :thinking:

13 Likes

Dude he is a jerk, your parents are WORSE.

Get a lawyer, fight like hell, and ghost your parents.

I am SO very SORRY. This is awful

1 Like

Your parents suck, btw. Don’t feel bad about cutting toxic people out of your life, even your parents. Why would they do that to you? Is there more to the story?

2 Likes

Hes a disgusting pig

GET A GOOD, NO GREAT ATTORNEY…DOCUMENT EVERYTHING…& BE FULLY PREPARED to hand your child to a stranger 3 times a week.

2 Likes

He ain’t no dad he lost the right to be called dad when he walked away get a lawyer on his ass

First, and most importantly, calm down. Nothing, and i mean absolutely nothing, happens until you get your day in court, if that even comes.
If you can afford it, go see a lawyer. If not write down a list of questions and go get a free consult.
Breathe. Relax. Come to the realization that IF he follows through you will likely have to give your son to him. He will come back. It’s ok. But ultimately your son has the right to see his dad irregardless of how shitty of a person he is.

Well first of all if he’s not on birth certificate. He will have to do a DNA test. The only thing he’ll get should be supervised visitation and don’t let your parents supervise it. Don’t let your son go to their house until this is over with. Because that gives him more to tell the judge. Lawyer up.

2 Likes

Very strange your parents are helping him. He has only seen his child a couple times, I would think he would get visitation. Get a lawyer. Tell your parents to kick him out

2 Likes

SO your parents helped him move with them 4 weeks ago…dad got him a job…attorney retention fees are VERY expensive. In Texas it is at least $4000 down just to start the paperwork…so I am assuming that your parents gave him the money to sue you for full custody. #1 Either you are a horrible parent and your parents are worried. OR #2 Your parents are vindictive and controlling and this is their way of getting back at you for not allowing them to control you. Either way… if it is #1…get yourself together… if it is #2 DO NOT have contact with your parents and do not allow your child to have contact with your parents…and do not let the sperm donor have contact with your child until paternity is established. Your parents should have guided YOU to establish custody. They should have been looking out after you and baby’s best interest. Even if you have some parenting issues…they should be guiding you and not trying to destroy you. Dig your heels in and fight them with everything you have in you.

35 Likes

Try talking to him… I mean maybe he wasnt around at the beginning but wants to try now! Co parenting is always the best answer…

Too many facts left out to give an opinion… I’d love to know why your parents are helping him. Also if he is definitely the father if he may be infertile… and why the sudden move by the father…
I mean if he is actually the father having time with him is a good thing… not something to be scared of unless he is abusive to the child… maybe not custody straight away but allowing them to develop a relationship is something to aim for to successfully coparent.

2 Likes

Get a lawyer and disown your parents

6 Likes

Why would your parents be helping him? I think you left out to many things to get opinions

9 Likes

Ask for shared parenting 50/50.
Also use terms like our baby not my baby.

1 Like

Get a lawyer and ask for 50/50. I’m not all for leaving the dad out unless hes doing drugs or is violent.

You need to have a long talk with your parents

1 Like

So one piece missing- do/did they know ??? Bc if they knew and are helping him do it…there is a lot more here.
If he lives with them, sounds like they want the baby there.

9 Likes

I was in practically the same situation, except for the living out of state and moving back thing. First and foremost, make sure you request full and sole custody. While most places won’t deny a father visitation, few will give an absentee dad full custody out of the blue. Second, go for child support. You are fully entitled. And should have from the beginning. I was able to get every other Sunday, no overnight, and, because of his history with alcohol, no drinking 24 hrs prior to and the entire time with my son. He never showed up for a single meet. He chose his addiction over his child. We were supposed to go back to court, but I told him I would drop support and we haven’t seen him since. I did this all representing myself but do recommend you get a lawyer. It helps.

13 Likes

I live in Texas and it sounds a though he has little chance of getting full custody. What I don’t understand is why your parents are helping him. To me that means there’s much more going on here.

57 Likes

Damn what is up with parents and still being cool with a ex or other parent. When their child is the full parent or is a active roll. I’m sorry you’re going threw this. I would be fighting both my parents.

44 Likes

Why are your parents even helping him? Sorry but it sounds a little funny to me. I know my parents wouldn’t help my ex knowing he left before the baby was born and says its not his.

84 Likes

We will be. Praying- He has alterior Motives- he will get to see your baby Living with your Parents- sounds like a ‘Free Loader’ Always request Supervised Visits, - with Court Appointed Social Worker-
he could take your baby if it is just your Parents and him. I don’t Trust him, he has only seen baby twice. All of a sudden he moves in with your Parents- they are gullible, I would not Trust him at all. Tell the Judge- Supervised Visits.

3 Likes

The judge will rule in your favor, keep calm and be still. Let God fight your battles. I was able to get sole custody of my daughter. He just doesn’t want to pay child support and wants the tax credits. Fight for sole custody.

I appricate your parent trying to help this man. He may have conned them into believing he truly cares and isn’t just trying to get custody to get out of child support.

Firstly, Texas is a mother state. If your home is healthy and he is thriving he shouldn’t be awarded full custody. If anything they will push shared custody with supervised visits for 6 months to a year first before moving to unsupervised visitation.

Secondly. He only just started living and providing work in his current environment so a minimum of 6 months to a year before they consider custody as well.

He will also most like be required to fund his sons health insurance as well considering his prior involvement in his life or lack there of.

And finally. SAVE and DOCUMENT EVRERYHTING!
Everything qnd anything regarding you or your child.

Screenshots. Emails. Texts. Everything. As security for both you and him. Hold him accountable if he wants to ben j0lp involved. DO NOT FORGET YOUR RIGHTS AS HIS MOTHER! Dont let anyone bully or belittle you for defending your home.

Everything is a weapon.

6 Likes

Have you told your parents this? They have helped him move out there, helped him get a job… do they know they are helping to lose their grandson?
I doubt he would get custody from what you are saying I’m just wondering if your parents realise the consequences of their kindness?

2 Likes

Sweetheart…you PRAY about this morning and night. The Lord knows who takes care of your son! I don’t think he would allow the sperm donor full custody of your son!!! You pray and I will put you on the prayer list at my church! All of us together will help you win this fight! You are not alone!

1 Like

If you don’t get full custody but 50/50. Make sure there’s a order in place that your child lives with you but has rights to see the father.
If the father refuses to give the child back, contact the police and or child services. Tell them there are family court orders and that one of the orders is that your child lives with you.

You’ll have sole custody up until you both are ordered to go if it gets to that point. You have all right because he’s not on the certificate. I’m kinda going through the same thing here in ny. First we have to do the paternity then once that’s established, then the rest of the papers have to get filled out for custody. I plan on going for full custody of my little 6 1/2 month old. Try not to stress cause without that name on there, he can’t even take him if you didn’t want him to do. If you did & say he didn’t bring him back, instant kidnapping. All things I had no idea about till court, my lawyer, & police told me. Wish me luck & I wish you the same girl​:blush::heart::blue_heart:

2 Likes

When you go against him, go against your parents too. He doesn’t want the child, they do. Best of luck

66 Likes

Hmmm…not that I doubt your case but I feel like there is something that we are missing here🤨 your parents talked him into moving here?? Moved him in their house and are aware of how he was treating you prior? There’s some toxic family business going on here that you need to keep your child far away from. Request full and sole support and definitely child support sis, I’m sorry you are dealing with this though

1 Like

No, I haven’t, but I’m sending you love and hugs. Get a lawyer ASAP. From the sounds of it, it doesn’t sound like he has a strong case. Are your parents in on this? That doesn’t sound right. Stay strong for you and kiddo. xoxo

what is wrong with your parents they must have lost their mind to go against their own child when you were letting him see his child my heart goes out to you because you sure aren’t anything like your parents

3 Likes

since you are the defendant, you can get a court appointed lawyer if you cannot afford one. talk to your legal aid office

3 Likes

Your own parents are helping him??? What a stab in the back. Girl I wish you nothing but luck. I’d never speak to any of them again.

1 Like

I’ve learned that there’s usually 3 sides to every story. His side, her side, and the truth.

5 Likes

Don’t even worry, he has 0% chance for sole custody, unless you’re a hard core druggie etc :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: he’s gotta be on some shit to sue you for full custody if you’ve told the whole story! At first he might get 2-3 visits a month for a year or so then might increase visitation days and after a couple years maybe even get sleep overs. Don’t worry it doesn’t work like you think it does. Unless again, you have serious drug/criminal problems for him to do this.

9 Likes

he will likely get standard visitation- considering he is almost 3 and has had little to no involvement. Odd that your parents are doing what they’re doing but as long as he is willing to be a good dad and provide physically emotionally and financially- this isn’t a bad thing. Go to court willing to coparent and things will work out just fine for you.

1 Like

He may get visitation out of it but definitely not custody. We will be praying for you and your baby. Do what you need to do to keep that baby safe. Make.sure to show.the court that he hasn’t been in the baby’s life and that you have been taking care of the baby on your own.

In the state of Texas you have to be a pretty awful mom to loose custody. One make him pay for a DNA even though you know he’s the dad. He will have to prove he has helped provide for this almost 3 yr. Old. Don’t sound like he can. Did you have the baby on medicaid and 2ndly do you get food stamps. Reason I’m asking is he will have to pay the system back for not providing for the child. If the dad has no money I’m trying to figure out how he is paying an attorney for full custody. Any Judges is going to request a DNA just to validate the parent is the biological parent.

1 Like

My ex husband did this to me because his mother wanted our daughter. He eventually felt bad and we agreed his mother wouldn’t be able to see her and it was on court papers. He later told me his lawyer even told him there was no way a judge would have taken her from me especially because I’m not a bad mother BUT they do want to make sure children have a relationship with their father as well. He may get joint if anything. My husband got joint but I’m primary custodial parent and he don’t even go by his visitation paperwork he just will ask to get her maybe once or twice a month and I let him get her because if he wanted I would have to give her to him every other weekend and one day out of the week every other week.

Try talking to him and try to come to an agreement.

Yes, You need to go to the courts and file for soul custody. Keep all documents in a safe place, not in your house or apartment. Why are your parents helping him? You need to cut ties to them , if they are not helping you. Sending Prayers your way, be strong and sleep.

4 Likes

Honestly you need to do your homework. Look up anything and everything you need to win this case especially if you can’t afford a lawyer. Believe me there are times when people have lawyers and they miss out on things. Definitely pray the best for your child and you.