My ex won't stop contacting our daughter

Id definitely just change her number n tell her to be aware of her surroundings in case he decides to pop up for whatever known reason

2 Likes

WV sucks Iā€™m in WV too. PM me if you want to talk :heart: if cps was involved at any point and theyā€™re the ones enforcing no contact, report it. If a judge enforced it, contact the judges office (contempt on him). That may be your only options. Consult legal counsel on the matter if possible.

2 Likes

I feel thereā€™s some missing info. How long were they together? What caused the mother to not want her daughter to have any contact? Was he abusive?

9 Likes

Hmmmm legit psycho!! This gives me bad vibes

First block his number through her phone. Second see if you can get a free consultation with a lawyer about any possible legal steps you need to take regarding the posts on social media. If heā€™s as bad as you say he is (which if he has a no contact order against him then he must be pretty bad!) then he definitely canā€™t be allowed to still contact your child. Iā€™d also have a conversation with your daughter about how she feels about him constantly messaging her, and what she should do if sheā€™s ever uncomfortable with people contacting her.

4 Likes

From Your comments you already know what you want to do, so whyā€™d you come on here asking, just to get upset at everyoneā€™s opinion? Blocking him is as simple as pushing a button on her phone. If he takes it further get a restraining order

9 Likes

Go to the police every time he messages her to make a police report. You need proof and documentation. Sheā€™s a minor and under the age of consent! Heā€™s not her father and has been told to have no contact with her. As of right nowā€¦ it IS harassment of a minor. Iā€™m not sure what it would be considered that heā€™s posting pics of YOUR daughter without her or your permission on social media. Sounds kinda pedo to me. Heā€™s sharing personal pics of an 11 yr old on social media without the minor childā€™s permission or the custodial parents permission. Iā€™m sure the police will have a problem with that. Especially if you have proof that you have told him to stop and he hasnā€™tā€¦ check the dates postedā€¦ take screenshots of his page, of the pics with the posted dates showing. You canā€™t really get a restraining order on just harassment, especially for it being non violent or threatening. But, maybe with him posting pics will help push it through. You need a trail of police reports. Document Everything!!The police will issue a warning, but if you keep going IN-PERSON to the police station to make reports. They will realize that itā€™s a serious on going issue of a Minor. The police can push for a restraining order with the Judge and they HAVE to enforce ANY court order! Itā€™s going to be hard for awhile, but sheā€™s 11 and heā€™s an Ex of yours. No legal, custodial or financial ties to the minor child. Heā€™s in the wrong. You can always call around to criminal lawyers and ask for a free consultation and ask them what steps you need to take to protect your daughter. Each State has different laws, but they all still have to follow Federal laws. There could be different laws in your State with crimes against minors. If you find a lawyer that is an Ex police officerā€¦ even better. Good Luck! And please donā€™t listen to all the people saying rude and ignorant things. Narcissists only let you see what they want you to see and when you see it. Right now it sounds like heā€™s trying to pull the poor me card, by posting YOUR daughterā€™s pics on his Facebook. Heā€™s trying to get attention and get people to side with him becauseā€¦ he misses her? Yeah, my ass! Heā€™s using her! Itā€™s part of his game. To get what he wantsā€¦ you! And he wants you because he can control you, he lost control over you when you split up. Narcissists have No control over themselves, thatā€™s why they have to control everyone around them. Once he realizes, heā€™s lost control for good. It could go 2 waysā€¦ he gets angry and starts stalking which can turn violentā€¦ or he finds someone else. Call some lawyers, make police reports. And go IN-PERSON to file the reports. I work closely with the police. Anyone can call into the police and request an officer be sent to file a report. But, a Mother that she constantly shows up in person to file reportsā€¦ not wanting to wait for an available Officer to come to your homeā€¦ it gets noticed quickly and shows extreme concern for your daughterā€™s situation. The police donā€™t take adult crimes to minor children lightly. Good Luck!

He never ā€˜stepped inā€™. My wording may have been confusing and I apologize for that but I promise you im not bitter. Iā€™ve said it plenty and ill say it til Iā€™m blue in the face. IF a relationship with him was what SHE wanted, Iā€™d be okay with supervised. But thatā€™s not what she wants at all. Sheā€™s made that very clear each and every time he contacts her. If it wasnā€™t for her I wouldnā€™t know anything about any of it. This is bothering her, which is why Iā€™m here looking for advice, not shitty judgment.

Wait is he the biological dad if so he does have parental rights if heā€™s not then yes restraining order block his number and any way of contacting you

2 Likes

There are pieces missing to this.

5 Likes

Hmmm :thinking: maybe block his number :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Change her number anyway and block him. Be done.

4 Likes

Get an actual no contact order and if he violates it he goes to jail.

3 Likes

Why would you stop someone from loving your child? If he is a danger to her thatā€™s one thing, but simply telling him not to care about your child anymore just because you guys spilt, doesnā€™t make sense to me. This world is crap and if he supports her in a safe and healthy way, then why stop it?

9 Likes

Iā€™m sorry that some of these comments are being so rude. Clearly if there is a no contact order, thereā€™s a logical reason for it. So is the no contact order through the courts? If it is, he is violating it and I would seek out an attorney (if you donā€™t have one already). If it is something you guys came up with, I would definitely block him on all forms of social media she has and make sure your social media is private so that way he canā€™t take pictures of her from your social media accounts to post them on his. I would truthfully change her number and block him on his profiles. If he makes new accounts or finds a way around them (and you donā€™t have a no contact order through the state) and file a p.o

Who told him not to contact her? You or the courts?

Depends why. My ex was in my sons life from 3 months old and my other son was7. 10 years in their life. Iā€™m not cutting him out of their life just because we didnā€™t work. Itā€™s their life too. You divorced him, why do kids have to lose everything they love to?

1 Like

Well if it wasnā€™t a court order for no contact there really isnā€™t much you can do except ask him again to leave her be or youā€™ll take it to courtā€¦ you can also block his number from calling her phone and depending on the phone you have or company you can have it to where only contacts in her phone can call and text her thatā€™s how I have my daughters iPhone set up

1 Like

Pfa, block him on her phone, and file harassment charges

2 Likes

Report report report as harassment

Cease and Desist letter, block him on both phones and all social media. Then push forward with no contact order.

5 Likes

File a restraining order on her behalf. And report every violation! That is really disturbing behavior, maybe he should be institutionalized.

Report the pictures to fb

If it was a court ordered no contact he can get locked up for contacting her idk about the pictures

2 Likes

Go on her phone and block his number

1 Like

Block his # from her phone

1 Like

How does the daughter feel about it?

3 Likes

If you know a cop , have him go talk to him in person and warn him if he doesnā€™t stop you will file harassment charges to give him a scare! Then if he doesnā€™t stop then file them! Also block his number on her phone!

Contact the police thats a sort of stalking.

Is there anyway to change her number and block his on her new phone number?? Dealing with a narcissist is NOT easy. I wish I could help more good luck!

Oh wow. Block him. :no_entry_sign:. Thatā€™s just wrong.

Change the number. It sucks I had to do it. I am glad I did best decision.

2 Likes

Put the phone setting so that the only people that can call and text her are people in her phone that are saved

2 Likes

Block his number on her phone or change her numberā€¦

Who told him that he was not to have any contact with her? If it wasnā€™t the courts then you need to go thru the courts so if he does contact her again he risk going to jail over it. As far as pictures thereā€™s unfortunately nothing you can do about that.

1 Like

Itā€™s his kid :woman_shrugging:t2: heā€™s not doing anything wrong ā€¦ even though your relationship didnā€™t work out expect to deal with him for the rest of your life for your
Daughters sake

How sad that he loves her and canā€™t contact her. Who told him? How did you get an order? Missing information.

5 Likes

If there is an order you can make a police report, I would call the non emergency number and speak to someone

Change her phone number and block on all social media

2 Likes

No court order, no reason to not let him have contact.

1 Like

Wow be grateful he loves her. He was ok to be in her life when yall were together tho?? Women like u are the reason there are fatherless children!!

11 Likes

Wow! Weā€™ve got a man here who was part of the childā€™s life (for who knows how long) and whether he was your definition of ā€œfather materialā€ or not, he must have still played the role somewhat. And now, for whatever reason (you didnā€™t specify) he is no longer allowed contact with the child. In my opinion, this will hurt the child more than anything.
Iā€™m assuming YOU are the one who said he couldnā€™t make contact with the child considering WE ALL KNOW what to do if itā€™s court ordered. Since youā€™ve not contacted police in regards to this matter that tells me that your the one who made the rules. Quit being bitter.
If he wants to be a part of the childā€™s life, set your feelings aside and consider HERS. I just donā€™t understand what the actual problem is here. If thereā€™s something Iā€™m missing, please fill in the blanks to help me better understand this. Otherwise, LET THIS MAN BE A PART IF THE KIDS LIFE.

2 Likes

Ultimately there are a lot of holes in this story, for privacy reasons I am assuming. If there is a legitmate reason then take all necessary actions to block contact including calling the authorities and filing a restraining order. Since you said he has toxic qualities it sounds like he may be using his relationship with her to get under your skin, and depending on how easily manipulated your daughter is, she may not realize it. I think it would be good to put both of you girls in counseling to give her some perspective. And I know it sucks but you may need to change her number

If she never responds heā€™ll probably loose interest

Heā€™s only doing it because he knows it upsets and aggravates you I definitely would change her number I would block him and I would threaten him with a restraining order she is under age you are responsible for her and I would threaten him with children services and or restraining order maybe the police need to go by and give him a little talking to about her being a minor youā€™re the adult you take authority over it heā€™s just doing it to get attention

1 Like

Block his number? Block him on social media?

4 Likes

I canā€™t get over how many people are saying what does your daughter want? Your disregarding his feeling? Etc etc etcā€¦

This sounds like the potential to be one of my podcasts I binge daily. The world is disgusting and evil and itā€™s our job as parents to protect our children, regardless of if that upsets them or not. She is at a very vulnerable age. This man has been asked numerous times to stop contacting her daughter and is not. It sounds unsafe to me. And even if itā€™s notā€¦ better to be safe then sorry. So many things can go wrong. I too was raised by my stepfatherā€¦ but if my mom would have ever asked him to stay away from me or not to contact me after they split ā€¦ he would have stopped, no questions asked. The real question is why wonā€™t this man stop? Alsoā€¦ my mom knew better then anyone who her husband wasā€¦ and she still never asked him to stop speaking to us because he was safe and she knew our relationshipā€¦

I donā€™t really know what the solution is. Courts are not always quick, effective or helpful. I would change her number honestly. And if it doesnā€™t quit possibly moving will be next option. I hope you guys stay safe and that this ends peacefully and quickly.

4 Likes

You can have the number blocked from her phone and you can contact a lawyer about the Facebook thing if you are able.

1 Like

He was told by who? Bcuz not very many ppl actually matter :woman_shrugging:t4:
Why hasnā€™t his number been blocked yetā€¦?

2 Likes

If you are in a relationship with an adult that has a child, you are accepting that child as part of the package deal. You are choosing to take on the responsibility of said child making it your child through choice and you are not just in a relationship with the parent of said child you are now in a relationship with BOTH of them. That being said, you guys are no longer together and thatā€™s okay, but you donā€™t get to decide how your kid feels. You donā€™t get to make your anger and hurt, your kids responsibility. You said in your post that heā€™s not messaging anything inappropriate. Have you consulted your daughterā€™s opinion on the matter? Have you consulted her feelings on the matter? Why did you put the rule in place that he was to have no contact with her? Have yourself a sit down and think real long and hard about what the effects of just ripping someone out of your kids life that, from the sounds of it, contrary to your opinion, loves and misses her and before you tell your child what to feel, maybe get their opinion on the matter and if they donā€™t want to be contacted then you can approach the situation with a heavy hand or just let them talk, despite how you feel about him, maybe your kid misses him.

2 Likes

Block the ex from phones and all social media outlets

1 Like

Tell him it bothers her

1 Like

Thats strange how was he with her I feel its his way of trying to get to you. If he wasnt like this when you were together all fatherly then its a way of staying in contact why? Ask youd daughter what she thinks and if she doesnt mind then block block block. Move on completely is what hes trying to keep from happening is what it looks like.

Report it, hes violating the no contact order.

1 Like

Order of protection and no contact order asap

Thereā€™s this function called BLOCK :woman_shrugging:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

7 Likes

Just change it (her number)

1 Like

Itā€™s harassment right now.

1 Like

Either block him or change the number. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Change her mf #! At all costs change that mf #!!! Get with it woman! Be smarter than the a** continually reaching out to her!!! Thatā€™s sick of you to not change the #! You are aiding his behavior by not changing it!

Clearly he has broken the no contact order it is against the law but you are just as responsible for his reaching out! You wonā€™t change the #!? Are you kidding me?! Any normal mother wouldā€™ve changed that along time ago! Common sense isnā€™t so common is it!? You are putting your own daughter in that danger :warning: very smart of you!! :woman_facepalming: some mothers donā€™t deserve to be mothers

5 Likes

No contact order. You can go to the courthouse and show that heā€™s stalking her with the messages. Also sheā€™s underage, making it extremely inappropriate. Block his number for the time being and if she unblocks it take away her phone.

2 Likes

1st and for most REPORT IT

Wow why canā€™t he contact her? Just because yā€™all didnā€™t work out doesnā€™t mean he doesnā€™t loves the child. Sounds bitter

3 Likes

Firstly you need to find his profile, and block him on all socials. Block as many of his friends or mutuals as you think of or know. Narcs WILL use them to initiate contact or to look at profiles.

Block all the above on your daughters too.

Then, go to your privacy settings.

Make sure to press ā€œlimit past postsā€ so none are public.

If you havenā€™t already, change all your default settings one by one to friends only.

Do the same for your ā€˜about meā€™ information such as phone number, etc.

Remove any information that you donā€™t have to have in, eg home town, public number, public DOB.

Go through both your cover photo and profile picture albums. Remove any with your daughter or manually set each to friends only, if you can. Sometimes you cabt change those album settings like the rest.

Make sure you never have your profile photo or cover photo with your daughter in it, as whilst in use they ARE ALWAYS set to public.

Go through your about me section, privacy, security. One by one.

After that, anything he does doesnā€™t come from you, and is his own old pics etc. Never give them any new information or access to go on. They WILL use it to make themselves look like a loving father, by posting a lot of that sort of thing.

Finally, change BOTH your numbers.

Block, delete etc him on every single method of contact and do not look back.

Anything less than all of this, and he will use it.

Best of luck.

3 Likes

You are being an asshole let that girl txt her dad if she wants. You not likening him is not a good enough reason for you to cut this girlā€™s father out of her life. Stop being possessive and let her get to know the other half of her.

Block his number? And then change hers cuz wtf.

1 Like

Press charges, change her number

I need more information, hereā€¦

Does she wanna have contact with him?

People mad in comments which is all fine but I find it peculiar how she first states ā€œour daughterā€ meaning he might be more of a father than she let on and that some of what she is saying could possibly be the negative effects of a bad relationship.

Sometimes people are bad partners but still great parents that love their childrenā€¦

Anyways if the daughter is upset she can block his number easily and if he gets a new number you can change her number :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Why is thier a no contact order report him change her number

1 Like

Hmmmmā€¦why is an 11 year old on social mediaā€¦are you friends with your ex on social mediaā€¦whyā€¦if you arenā€™t how do you know what is being postedā€¦this is a fishy storyā€¦you and your ex need to have an adult conversationā€¦this isnā€™t about either of your feelings this is about a childā€¦grow tfuā€¦obviously you want attention instead of utilizing your energy and time protecting your lovieā€¦shame shame to both you and your ex

1 Like

He is totally breaking the no contact order!!! Call the police asap!!!

1 Like

I would block his number if you want zero contact.

4 Likes

I would change her number, and block as much contact as you can honestly. You might not be able to stop him from posting or contacting unless you can prove heā€™s doing something legally wrong. CHANGE HER NUMBER, BLOCK HIM ON EVERYTHING. If youā€™re done youā€™re done. He knows itā€™s getting to you.

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand whatā€™s wrong tbhā€¦heā€™s not saying anything wrong as you said. Itā€™s not saying your daughters hating it or doesnā€™t want the measagesā€¦far out heā€™s was in that girls life one way or another and obviously developed a bond. Just because you guys didnā€™t work out why does it mean he has to cut the bondā€¦Iā€™m taking it heā€™s not the real dad but to me heā€™s actually fucking respectful I would give anything for my kids to have bonds like that with people they got close toā€¦as for the people saying press chargesā€¦FOR WHAT? Showing her that heā€™s not a piece of shit and is gonna stop talking to her cos or youā€™s guys issues. Definitely needs alot more info this just sounds bitter and jealous

This is sad. Children need their dads. Even if itā€™s a phone call to know theyā€™re loved.

3 Likes

My mom did exactly this to meā€¦ I was 5 when she got married to my step dadā€¦ I was 10 when they divorcedā€¦ and she told him never to contact us again. My bio dad chose jail over me, he was the only man I ever called daddy, (and the man My mother chose afterā€¦ was a severely abusive alcoholicā€¦ )I loved that manā€¦ At 46 yo I still have fond memories of him and the things he did with me as a kid and his parentsā€¦ we may not have had alotā€¦ but I seen how hard he worked for usā€¦ parental relationships are totally different than childrenā€¦ and adults need to keep that in mind.

3 Likes

block his number on your daughters phone! report the images on facebook and block him on everything so he canā€™t have access to anymore photos make sure your social media is all private ! good luck!

1 Like

When I got divorced from my first husband they said to be careful with what you post because they can use it against you in court

Who told him not to contact her? If it were you or her you need something more concrete. Talk to a lawyer. You may need to get a restraining order if you have grounds. If heā€™s breaking a court order then call the cops every time he contacts her.

You said heā€™s narcissistic. This is what they do. He wants to hurt you. It makes him feel superior. Donā€™t let him. Change her phone number. Block him on everything for both of you. If he finds a way to contact donā€™t acknowledge him. (donā€™t answer your door). Eventually heā€™ll get tired & move on. Be thankful you donā€™t have any kids with him.

3 Likes

Idk know man. My mind instantly goes to worst so id be freaking out and calling the police, blocking and changing numbersā€¦ ect.
Also, why does an 11 yr old have a phone? Dafuq? I know Iā€™m a bit outdated when it comes to tech and shit but likeā€¦ why?

Block his numbers on her phone

Block him and report him get restraining order if u need to

Call the police and tell them whatā€™s going on and block his number from her phone that way he canā€™t contact her. If she has any social media (I know sheā€™s too young for that but just incase) go on there and block him.

4 Likes

And get a restraining order against him.

1 Like

If thereā€™s a no contact order, itā€™s for a good reason. You need to change her number and go back to the court and show them every message and get him for violating the NCO. Does she respond?

4 Likes

I would definitely talk to your daughter before going through the police. If she would like to continue a relationship with him because she sees him as a father figure, let her have that, just monitor their conversations.

7 Likes

Gorl.im in the same boat wh my ex husband he still 5 years lady is poor.me and posting her old pics and trash talking me and hes not her bio dad at all and was a pos step dad on drugs cheating lying . You cant do a damn thing about the fb post but phone text u can save and get a restraining order

I would be careful with him if he is a narcissist! My friend lost contact with her daughter cause when she became a adult he started working on her to get her to turn from her momma. He son is the only one who sees the mom now.

1 Like

I would definitely talk to an attorney as if this rule of no contact was court ordered he is in contempt. You can use everything he is posting about her and any messages sheā€™s gotten as evidence. Good luck and be careful.

1 Like

Who told him not to contact the daughter? At 11 years old, how does your daughter feel about him contacting her. Maybe he does have remorse and miss her.
If you both want it to stop, get a restraining order against him.

Nothing wrong with that even you are separated the bond between them stuck in their memories, no matter what happened he is still father atleast human, best thing to do donā€™t check his social media, be thankful youā€™re out from toxic relationship. He might realized his mistake

Block his number on her phone

I only have one question. What if this was reversed?

How long was he in her life? Does your daughter want to have contact with him? If he was not father material then why were you with him?

If your daughter does not want contact, send a notorized letter demanding he cease contact. If he does not, file a restraining order. But if your daughter does want contact because heā€™s been in her life a long time, itā€™s not right to prevent that.

1 Like

Thatā€™s stalking. The fact that he is Not contacting you ā€¦only her is your clue.
How often does he call?
More than 10in an HR is illegal.
You can press charges legally and get a restraining order. What worries me is that he is only seeking her out. Thatā€™s not good. If you see him at the store when you are there every time. Keep a look out.

If heā€™s being a consistent,harmless person you brought in her life.Maybe itā€™s not such a bad thing for her to have another concerned adult ā€¦She didnā€™t pick him ,you did ā€¦if she has feelings for him ,itā€™s horrible to prevent them from texting ā€¦

1 Like

File a restraining order. She isnā€™t his daughter so thereā€™s NO reason for him to have contact with her. The pics on FB you can report to FB as stolen pics.