My family dislikes the baby name my husband chose...advice?

Mommas, HELP ME!! So since I’ve met my husband he’s always said “If I ever have a daughter her name will be Ophelia”. Well we found out last month that our baby is a GIRL!! I don’t absolutely hate the name. In fact I’m actually okay with it because of how passionate he is about it. The thing is… everybody in our family hates it. I know we shouldn’t care what they think but my issue with it is that I cannot for the life of me come up with a middle name that might make it more appealing. I LOVED the middle name Parker until my husband said her initials would be OPM sounding like Opium. I feel like every name I see reminds me of somebody else. Please give me some ideas!? I don’t like the usual middle names and I’m open to boyish names. I do have three other kids prior to my marriage my daughters name is Raelynn Lea and my two boys names are Mason Robert and Kaenan Jameson.

53 Likes

I personally think Ophelia is a beautiful name. And I like the name Ophelia Parker just sayin.

Ophelia Rose
Ophelia Isabelle

14 Likes

Ophelia is beautiful! And a great tune :notes:

Ophelia Sage OSM sounds like awesome!

25 Likes

Beautiful name! Your baby , your choice. I agree Rose and Love go nicely with it some other choices Fern, Lee or Jean.

1 Like

Love the name :heart:
My in-laws didn’t like any of the names of my children.

1 Like

I think it’s a beautiful name :heart:

Rose. Ophelia Rose! Very beautiful. Confession:I wasn’t crazy about the name both my daughters picked for my grands, but they chose the names anyway. Fast forward just a little bit and the names fit them perfectly! Totally and now I’m glad they made the choice.

55 Likes

I love Ophelia Parker personally.

29 Likes

Emma Rae is a fave of mine. I also like Finn

What is your maiden name? That might would work perfectly for him and you :heartpulse:

1 Like

I love Ophelia. I have a Josephine Ofelia. It’s a family name and we were honored to use it.

I think when names are unique and not loved at first, people usually get over it quickly. The child just makes the name and everyone adjusts. :heart:

1 Like

Ophelia Rose is absolutely beautiful.

7 Likes

They can always find a cute nickname. I like Parker though

What a beautiful name! Ophelia is a gorgeous name :heart: and I think Parker is adorable they go together very well I vote you already found your baby girl’s name! The fam will get over it .

1 Like

Love it. It’s pretty and unique. If you love it please don’t let someone else sway you. You might regret listening to them.

2 Likes

Rose, Dawn, Mae, Lavina just a few

Ophelia is a very beautiful and unique name.

1 Like

Some people didn’t like my daughters name either, but we still went with it. Your choice at the end of the day

1 Like

My partner named our first and second son, and I wasn’t a fan of either of the names :face_with_peeking_eye: but once they were born, it worked so perfectly, and I couldn’t imagine them being called anything else. Family will always have an opinion, but you and your husband are creating your own family, so do what feels right to you both

It’s a beautiful name AND you and your husband’s choice, period.

4 Likes

Ophelia is a beautiful name . Go for it! Family will love it once baby comes!

2 Likes

Ophelia hope
Ophelia faith

Ofelliya Grace

:blush:

Ophelia Rae was my brother’s daughter we lost in 2019 and I always loved that name

I absolutely LOVE the name.
It’s your family your creating not there’s. People have opinions all the time doesn’t mean you have to change yours.

1 Like

Rose works with that beautiful first name

9 Likes

That baby is you and your husband’s! The name choice is between the two of you, and only that! I think it is cute and unique :heart:

1 Like

Love the name ur husband picked… ur family can go kick rocks

My husband named our two daughters. He passed away young and I think it is pretty special. He picked wonderful old fashioned names.

14 Likes

My name is LaRee and that’s unusual and I’m grateful.

2 Likes

Ophelia Parker is a beautiful name.

15 Likes

Ophelia Joy she and everyone in the family will grow to love the name because they love you it’s your choice she’s your precious daughter :two_hearts:

11 Likes

Stick with the names that you like , hubbys has what he has always loved and you have a middle name that you like .

2 Likes

Family will always have something to say when it comes to baby names trust me! Go with what you both decide it’s your baby

It’s a beautiful name.
I actully brought it up when i pregnant with my daughter until my husband said “oh, I’ll feel ya.”
And then I said nope.
I still love the name though. Do what makes you and your husband happy.

2 Likes

Ophelia Rose is beautiful! Tell your family that you’ve made your final decision but you’re not telling the name until she arrives. That way, no one can try and talk you out of it because by then, it’s decided and final. They will learn to love her name Ophelia as soon ss they see her!!! Enjoy!!!

3 Likes

I love Lane as a girl’s middle name

4 Likes

I had some family members that did not love the name we had picked for one of our kids and you know what I did? We named our child exactly what we wanted :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

GRACE is a beautiful middle name.

3 Likes

Ophelia Rose :rose: or Ophelia Grace :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Ophelia is cute and unique! :sparkles: You can always come up with a cute nickname too for those who don’t like it, or they can get over it and get used to it :woman_shrugging:t2: They can just call her Lia (Lee-uh)

1 Like

Ophelia is pretty. You can go with two O’s, Ophelia Olivia…has a unique kind of ring too it😁

Don’t worry about what other ppl like. The decision is yours and her dads, period. They’ll adjust.

Ophelia Blayke, Ophelia Delrey, Ophelia Leigh

1 Like

A friend of mine has an Ophelia rose and they call her Fefe. It’s adorable x

I love the name Ophelia. The only thing that would make me think twice would be when people shorten it to Oaf.

1 Like

Ophelia sage, cedar ,river,Brooke, ocean, summer, dawn ,rose, ann, anne ,Anna,

7 Likes

My Great Granddaughter name is Topanga!

4 Likes

What’s your husband’s middle name ? I used my husband’s middle name with my 2nd daughter

Your husband daughter his name.

1 Like

Well, it’s not your families right to choose. It’s you and your husband’s, end of story. Stand with your husband!!!

I always loved the girl names lyric and journey

1 Like

Ophelia Hope
Ophelia Grace
Ophelia Ann

Ophelia ,sage ,Ann, jaceyln,spring,skyln

Ophelia Quinn
Ophelia Grace
Ophelia Claire
Ophelia Ann
Ophelia James

Ophelia Grace
Ophelia Jane

3 Likes

Your Baby. Her name is What You both like

Wow love your name choices go with what your heart tells you this is your wee one you’ll find your name stop worrying

Ophelia Reign

At the end of the day, it’s YOUR baby. Name her whatever you want!

22 Likes

I think you’re thinking to much into the OPM and Ophelia Parker sounds amazing. I say go for it and remind your family that this is your child, they will learn to love it and when she’s 5… they won’t be able to imagine her with any other name :purple_heart:

1 Like

None of my family were stoked about my baby name choices. With my first two I didn’t tell anyone until baby arrived so they couldn’t sway my decision. Wish I had done that with the 3rd, it took me way too long to name her, both my mother and and mother in law were calling her the names they wanted until my partner and I finally decided on something different!

1 Like

I chose Aydin Marie family thought it was a “boys” name but it fits her,go with your heart they will get used to it or get over it good luck

Don’t let people talk you out of names you choose. You will regret it later.

First, don’t worry about what others think. Second, I love the following names
Ophelia Grace
Ophelia Love
Ophelia Rose
Ophelia Alaia (pronounced A-Lai-A)
Ophelia Ryann
Ophelia Cruze

8 Likes

Ophelia Rose, Ophelia Star, Ophelia Quartz, Ophelia Sun, Ophelia Summer, Ophelia Snow, Ophelia Jasmine, Ophelia Rain, Ophelia Song, Ophelia Willow, Ophelia Oak,

None of your family’s business , your daughter your choice

Reign, Jo, Rose, Mae, Lavine

I let family affect the naming process of my children, & I regret it.

1 Like

We have a Mason Reece :blush:, Miles Robert I wanted a girl to name
Madison, but we only had 2 boys

Ophelia is beautiful! Middle name ideas……
Ophelia Rayne
Ophelia Norieva
Ophelia grace
Or another idea is are there any great or grand grandmothers or aunts or even grandfathers whose names have a female version that would pair nicely with Ophelia therefore giving her a cherished family name?

1 Like

Ophelia Noel, like Christmas Noel or Ophelia Jannel

My granddaughter’s name is Ophelia Violet and the name just fits her. She’s a strawberry, blonde and beautiful big blue eyes. The name is beautiful. My son did well by naming her that it’s not what other people think. Honey, it’s what you feel in your heart

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful name you agreed on

Ophelia is a beautiful name for your daughter.
Middle names: Marie ,Belle ,Louise, Harper, Gwen, Drew, Brooklyn.even consider hyphenated middle names.

Just a heads up, we had decided on a name we both liked for our daughter, and changed it due to our family. We have regretted it for the last 12 years.

4 Likes

Ophelia could go with ray, rain,Jay, Loraine, Victoria, Kate, Machelle, Penelope, Chloe, Abigail,Augustus

Everyone will get use to her name and like it. :blush:

Don’t worry what others say simply because she is yours and your husbands, and no one else’s. Don’t worry about the initials, speaking from experience. I have a granddaughter with the initials GAS and a grandson with lbs. y’all’s daughter y’all’s choice. I think Parker is perfect.

I love the name personally.

1 Like

I am not a huge fan of my name for me but I think it makes a very pretty middle name Ophelia Pauline. Very old fashioned and SO different, yet so pretty.

Ophelia grace I’m sure what ever you name your sweet princess will be beautiful :heart: congratulations

One of my favorite people on Facebook is named Ophelia!

2 Likes

Everyone hated my son’s spelling of his name it’s Izak but I loved it and now people just call him Zak lol and I think of you feel that the name parker is what is right to with it or grace or even Helen would be pretty

Ophelia Rayn. You and your husband are only ones that have to like her name.

Hannah Buckbee or leave out the O and just call her Phelia Ann Parker.

I always loved Ophelia Claire or Ophelia Danielle

That the tater tot lady’s name off tiktok

1 Like

Ophelia is such an “old souls” name so why not give her an older middle name as well. Ophelia Lorraine??

Ophelia Grace sounds nice.

I :heart: Ophelia. We have a Harper Grace and Olivia Isabella. Their mom is Jennifer Nicole.

3 Likes

Ophelia is a beautiful name! Ophelia Wren is nice.

1 Like

Ophelia Lee, Ophelia Elise, Ophelia Jeanette, Ophelia Elizabeth

What about Harper for a middle name

Don’t let family keep you from the name you and your husband choose. It’s not nice to tell anyone they don’t like a name that’s chosen. It’s not their child. Those thoughts should be kept to themselves.

Rayne for the middle name.

She will be your daughter name.her as you wish
They need to get over themselves

Ophelia is a beautiful name. I’d partner that with an old fashioned type name like Rose .

My friend name her daughter Ophelia and Unique :purple_heart:

Ophelia Grace or Jane or Sage

Ophelia Jane! Or Ophelia Porter