My family dislikes the baby name my husband chose...advice?

Personally I love Parker as the middle name. Initials can be construed with just about any name you pick. I have a PJM and my grandma hated the name so she tried to tell me his nick name should be Pajama since that was his initials. The first time she called him that I set her straight and haven’t had issues since. It’s my kid and idc what anyone says. He got the name his father and I wanted

Was your son’s name for the lead singer of Tool?

My granddaughters name is Josephine Ophelia :heart::rose::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love the name Ophelia. No one liked any of my kids names and I did what I wanted. No regrets. And no o e is going to notice what her initials sound like.

2 Likes

Ophelia:

Jade
Rose
Claire
Kate
Mae
Skye
Sage
Hope

1 Like

Claire,Caroline, rose,dawn

Ophelia reign
Ophelia grace
Ophelia Evelyn or eve

Ophelia is so cute. Her middle name could be rose or janet. sit down with your husband and brain storm some names. maybe use her first name and middle name together for a week see how y’all feel about it. if it doesn’t feel right then change the middle name.
My husband wanted our first daughter to be named loren. I was crazy about the name but i came around. We call her lolo for short. i got to choose her middle name. I have her my middle name. And we let my mom give her a middle name. so she has 4 names.

also for some piece of mind i recommend not telling anyone the full name you have picked out. everyone has to have a opinion on babies name. :roll_eyes:

My daughter is Rhiannon Jolene. Jolene was hubby’s pick for her first name. Unfortunately people only recognize the song names :joy: . Do any other of your favorite girl names go? I had hubby go through a baby name book to figure out his favorite names.

I like it & think Reagan would be pretty for à middle. ( Big Blue Bloods fan )

Ophelia Rose , Ophelia May/Mae

1 Like

Ophelia Magdalene. Lane. Emery. Millie. Janae. Constance

My husband’s grandmother was lily Ophelia

I think Ophelia grace sounds lovely together…

I’m in the same boat with my mum at the minute lol as the name I’m thinking for a girl is elsie and she just keeps saying I don’t like that it’s old fashioned lol but I don’t care to be honest it will be my baby…. Only downside is I can’t think of a middle name to go with elsie lol xx

Ophelia is my moms name! We call her Febe, her middle name is Darlene

I love Ophelia Parker! And unless your putting her initials on things it most likely will never matter.

What a cool name! Ophelia Parker is cool. ( and Im old) original not so unusual as to make her hate it.
My kids never told us parents what they were choosing for names. Its up to THEM. THEYRE THE PARENTS.

5 Likes

Ophiela is beautiful :heart_eyes:. My daughters middles names are Mea rose & Danielle Marie .

I always loved that name. Read it in hamlet and loved it ever since. Ophelia Marie was what I always wanted to do. (Currently pregnant with a girl and she’s going to be Vanya Marie) but Ophelia was always one of my absolute favorites.

4 Likes

I know a good many people who go by their middle name, exclusively—I think both your names are lovely, maybe if you named her Parker Ophelia—and call her Ophelia, her initials would not be a negative factor, and you could still honor both of your choices for your baby girls name!!

1 Like

Ophelia Victoria,Marie,Rae,Dawn,Lynn,

Your child. The name is your choice.

you and your husbands baby he likes the name he chose it you both like it name it who cares what your family thinks its not there baby . everyone has that family that doesnt like what you pick . what matters is that you like it.

Maybe it’s time for your family to read a little bit of Shakespeare and Greek mythology, so they will know where this beautiful name originated from. I would not even use a middle name with it because of its uniqueness, but if you guys insist than should be Rose. By the way, your family can eat sour cherry if they cannot accept a father’s wishes and a mother’s (your) choice.

It will grow on them and they’ll never say another word, one she’s born.

My daughter is phoenix ann

1 Like

Middle names
Blair
Lynn
Mae
Grace
Gray/ Grey

Don’t worry about what your family thinks!

2 Likes

Ophelia Freya
I like Parker with it too though. I don’t think O.P.M. is weird initials.

Ophelia Rynee’, Ophelia Rayn(pronounced Rain).

1 Like

Love the name, it is your husbands and your child. Your choice of name not theirs.
My inlaws said I had to name my son after my husband 1st name, hell no he got it as his middle name instead, the MIL kept calling him by the other name, she wasn’t allowed to see him till she used his proper name, about 3 months later.

I had the same reaction with my son, Josiah. Some thought it sounded too much like “messiah”. We chose Charles for his middle name, after his grandfather.
He’s 15 now. Everyone really grew to love his name after he was born.
But now we all call him Siah.

Whatever you choose, just know that it will be exactly right for her.
I think Grace would go well!

5 Likes

Ophelia Faith
Ophelia Joy

My daughters middle names are Nicole, Emoni and youngest is Shae’lyn

Just came to say Grace but was beat to it!

3 Likes

Ophelia Parker is a great name

Your baby your choice. My 8 year old is named Ophelia Katherine and my MIL wasn’t a fan when we told her the name when she was born and I didn’t care because our kid. Plus she is named after my great grandma Ophelia whom I was close to. We have since decided to not share baby names when we are pregnant.

1 Like

We named our baby Lilith , Didn’t care if anyone liked it or not. It’s y’all’s choice

Our baby girls name will be Ophelia Mae.

A lot of our family members don’t like it. Good things it’s not their babe. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Honestly it’s your child hunni name your beautiful girl what u and hubby want not what anybody else wants you to name her at the end of the day it’s yours and hubby baby not there baby

Use Ophelia as her middle name

Ophelia Raine
Ophelia Tyler

Ophelia Maria and I’d call her “Lia” pronounced “Lea-ah”

Ophelia Logan
Ophelia Taylor
Ophelia Tyler
Ophelia kyle

Renee, Marie, Suzanne, June, Grace

Rose is good. Name is nice

1 Like

Who cares if they hate it it’s not their baby they don’t get a say…:woman_shrugging:

Ophelia Rae, Ophelia Lee, Ophelia Jean,

Tell them tough they don’t get a say

Nicole. Ruth. Rosalie. Renee. Just to name a few

1 Like

My granddaughter is Harper James, middle name is her father’s name

Ophelia Alexis or Ophelia Jade? Personally, I think it’s cute :slight_smile:

Ryan as a middle name. Had my son been a girl… his name would of been Emily Ryan.

Side note… my best friends initials were BRA. Doesn’t get too much worse​:rofl::rofl:

I wouldn’t care if the parents didn’t like the name you or husband pick out …your baby you name her what you want they don’t like her name then that is their problem.congrates

Ophelia Marie/Ophelia Rose.

But if you wanna go kinda a boys name I quite like Ophelia Jack

Ophelia Izabella or Rose Ruth Diane Lynn

It doesn’t matter what anyone says, you guys are the parents

Just a thought…get some possible names ready…and look at your baby when she is born. Name the baby…as in…choose the names that go with her. If the name is hers…and it suits her…the rest will work out.

Tell them to have their own baby & name em​:joy::joy: Only people who should have a say so are those who created the baby

Rough with a last initial of M. You don’t want AM or PM, or FM, BM, DM, FM, GM, IM, MM (M&Ms), PM, RPM, SM (S&M), TM (trademark), UM,

Carla
Carmela
Charlotte/Lottie
Camille
Cheyenne
Cordelia
Constance/Connie
Erin/Aerin
Elena

Guinevere
Genevieve
Gemma
Geena/Gina
Georgette/Gigi
Ginger

Hannelore
Heidi
Hilda
Hattie

Janet/Jeannette/Janeth
Jolene

Lorna
Lupe
Layla/Leila
Laila/Lylah
Lisette
Leticia/Letizia/Letitia

Uta
Uma
Ulla
Uhura

Valentine/Valentina
Vendla/Vendela
Vesa

Willa
Wallis

Zaina
Zara
Zora

I wouldn’t care what other people think

When we told my ex MIL what we were naming our daughter she said “oh Danny (my FIL) isn’t gonna like that”. U think we gave AF? Nope!! Her name is beautiful

Ophelia rae
Ophelia Anne
Ophelia rose
Ophelia Lynn
Ophelia Leigh
Etc etc

Umm who’s baby is it?
Did they make it?
Are they birthing it?
Are they raising it?

1 Like

Your kid name is what ya’ll want

If they’re not the mom or dad their opinion doesn’t matter. Period.

1 Like

You and your husband are the only ones whose opinions matter on this issue (and baby, when she’s old enough to care lol). It’s easy to pronounce and spell, and it’s not embarrassing for when she’s an adult; for me anyway, that’s what counts.
If you’re not entirely happy with it, that’s a good reason to keep looking…but everyone else will just have to accept your choice and get used to it as time goes on. And they will.
On the middle name: my opinion doesn’t matter either lol. But I would stick to a one syllable name like Grace or Rose, etc, since the first one is 3 syllables. My daughter is Madelyn Jane.

Ophelia Rae
Ophelia Laneigh
Ophelia Grayce

There was several of my ex in-laws whom did not like what I chose for my youngest son (Hyatt Wayne), and ya know what? Tough titty - whether they liked it or not, my child! :smiling_face: Oh, even my ex husband doesn’t like the fact that I gave him the nickname “Hy” - and ya know what?! Yup. Exactly. Tough titty.

Tell your family to get over it and move on. Ofelia is my daughters middle name. I chose my kids names w their father and literally could care less what other people say. Know plenty of people who named their kids names I would not have chosen but what do you do but respect them and the child.

Screw everyone else. Ophelia Parker is super cute

Please do what you want. They will get over/used to it. Same happened with me. They got used to it.

Ophelia is a BEAUTIFUL name.
Nobody will care about the initials.

Who cares about what your family think , it’s yours baby not theirs , Ophelia is a very adorable name and you have a millions name to match it
Ophelia Lee
Ophelia Marie
Ophelia Rose
Ophelia Anne
Ophelia Louise
Etc …,.

Ophilia Rose… don’t tell anyone your name choice until the birth certificate is signed…if they want to name a baby… have their own

How about Ophelia marie ? Or Ophelia Elizabeth? I absolutely LOVE the name Ophelia ! My daughters dear friends have a little girl named Ophelia and she is the most beautiful child ! I wish I could post her pictures and you’d change your mind on her name . My middle name is Sloan - but the Giles name
Should be spelled Sloane - maybe that ? Ophelia Alexandra is also beautiful

Ophelia June
Ophelia rylee
Ophelia Danielle
Ophelia rose
Unless your family is raising her, tell em to shove it

WTH…why would someone want their daughters name to sound like OPIUM?
I have no problem with Ophelia…

I love Parker as a middle name. Another fave of mine is Skye.
Don’t worry about the initials. I used go to church with 3 people (adults) whose initials were ASS, STD, & WTF. :joy: No lie. The first 2 married into it, the 3rd is a man. We were all in the same Sunday school class.
Also…I named my daughter Marin. It wasn’t common 22 years ago. I see it alot now. We didn’t tell anyone her name until we had already named her.

First all of your families opinion on the name means nothing.

Ophelia:
Rea
Paige
Renee
Shay
Laine
Diane

I dont knowvhow itd be pronounced… o feel eee ya? Just think of bullies

If you like it, that’s all that matters. I was going to name my son Ophelia if he was a girl and everyone I told hated the name. Not their child tho so doesn’t really matter what anyone else thinks.

It’s not their choice .
I named my son Hoss and got a lot of shit for it , his grandma would only call him grandson .

Your maiden name for middle name and his last name O- - Initials

Whose child is this theirs or yours? There is a reason you name the child not them. If they don’t like it they can give her a nickname? Like lea? My brother gave my daughter a nickname it’s dee dee. Not because he didn’t like it but that’s what my family does. My daughters name is Heidi Jenea. Named for 3 people.

1. ITS NOT THEIR BABY :clap:🩷 with all due respect of course(been through it, we didn’t tell anyone) 2 Ophelia Renee?

The baby’s PARENTS choose the name - NOT ANYONE ELSE!!

Ophelia Renee? Ophelia Mae? Ophelia Jae?

Okay fuck them it’s your kid. Worry bout yourself their opinions don’t matter. Its not a life or death situation. It’s all gunna be okay. Stop worrying about what other people think of you and live your fucking life. If they’re that worried then maybe they should get a hobby. Js. They’re the problem. You’re doing nothing wrong. FUCK THEM

Sooooo… heres my story on name. Since I was a little girl I have always said if I have a daughter her name will be Abigail ( after my mother) . I was then told at 15 I couldnt have kids.

I tried for children my whole life and finally at 37 I got preggo with a girl.

When the gender reveal happened my dad hugged me… whispered in my ear Just what the world needs another fucking Gail ( my moms name… they are divorced and hate each other) … and that was it. My dad never showed up to any of my daughterd events… baptism, birthdays, etc. He alwsys came up with an excuse.

Things slowly declined in our relationship. 2 years ago I cut off all contact with him.

Makes me terribly sad to know if I had a boy I would still have my dad.

As I told him… a name is a name and doesnt define the child. If people are ugly about it be ugly right back.

Thr name you all picked is beautiful!

They’ll get over it. The older you get, the less you’ll care what others think. That is a BEAUTIFUL name. I wish I would have thought of it.

1 Like

Everyone in my family hated the name Hazel and it propelled me. Hazel is now 15y/o and her name fits her perfectly! Ophelia is adorable and unique. This is your baby. You name that little girl anything you want! :heart:

That’s a Beautiful baby name
Your family needs to C themselves out of this A&B conversation

I love the name. Was gonna name my little girl Parker but chose Piper instead

Ophelia Rayne (pronounced like rain)

I absolutely love Ophelia! It’s timeless and classic.

Ironically I wanted both the names Ophelia and Parker :joy:
I think Ophelia Parker is very cute, and it’s not like she’s going to be going by her initials .

Throwing out some other semi unique suggestions:
Arielle
Macy
Logan
Austin
Jade
Joyce
Dawn
Lenora
Eleanor

I love the name Ophelia :heart::heart: and you don’t have to appease anyone with a middle name, choose something you love.

Ophelia is a lot of syllables so a one syllable middle name would probably sound best. I do like the middle name Parker, however I don’t advocate for it because my daughters middle name is Parker :rofl: