My family doesn't know my husband cheated with my cousin: What should I do?

I think I would tell. She told you to assuage her guilt and make herself feel better. You need to tell for the same reason.

3 Likes

I would totally say something. Why? Because i would feel better.

5 Likes

You can forgive her and never speak to her again, that is perfectly okay.

1 Like

Itā€™s in the past and youā€™re divorced. Leave it alone

3 Likes

If shes already confesed to you and you did nothing about it then and you have moved on why do you need to stir the pot?

2 Likes

Call her out! But make sure everyone is around when you do it. Make her feel like a piece of :poop:. Iā€™m not one though to keep my mouth shut. I call & say it like it is. Donā€™t let her hold her head high while you hang your low. Go in there with your head held high and say what you need to say right in front of everyone and let them know your not going to hang your head low for something low your cousin did. You got this girl

4 Likes

stir the fucking pot babe go for it. the fam should know what knda person your cousin is. it still take two to tango

I would beat the dog shit out of her :woman_shrugging:

Let it out cause if you donā€™t it would haunt you forever

2 Likes

If they ask tell them. Itā€™s not your fault it was her bad decision.

4 Likes

Donā€™t beat yourself up because of other peopleā€™s foolishness. Itā€™s so unfair for your part. You donā€™t have to talk to her there. Youā€™re not the snake in the family.

1 Like

You should of said something when you where told. Me personally I wouldnā€™t. I would still attend family things. If you have moved on and am happy why dwell in the past?. You didnā€™t do anything wrong yet your letting something from your past effect your future. She could of never told you but she did. Move forward not back. Telling the family now could still turn on you and will defently cause more drama in your life. You donā€™t have to talk to her and if she try just say in have nothing to say to you and walk away.

1 Like

Make sure to announce it in front of family and while she is visibly present so she canā€™t deny it to your face. Thatā€™s what I would do, thatā€™s just me. She told you because she wants to make herself feel better, not you, you have no obligation to keep her secret, obviously she hasnā€™t told any of the family either so she wonā€™t look like the shit disturber that she is.

Iā€™d tell them why I didnt wanna go. But if your remarried and over the divorce like you said and itā€™s been years, I dont think it would it still bother me.

2 Likes

She was only one of multiple women per your post. Why be madder at her than your ex husband. He is the one that broke his vows. Just my opinion.

Always be truthful. Then just move on from it. .
.I know itā€™s easier said than done. Good luck

Fudge that bich. She knew what she was doing and in telling u was only tryong to male herself feel better n gave no bricks about you. Call her out, fudge her.

1 Like

She told you I would definitely call her out. What a deadbeat. I would have asked her why she couldnā€™t have kept her pants on and call him out at the time!!

I have a cousin I do not trust around anyone Iā€™m in a relationship with. I donā€™t talk to her and Iā€™ve voiced why. I can understand your hurt and betrayal with her as she is family and she did something horrible. I suggest letting it out before you blow up. I wish you luck.

1 Like

Attend family get togethers and tell her to keep her distance. If anyone asks why you donā€™t want to talk to her tell them.

1 Like

If your family can tell you donā€™t like her, either get over it or call her out. Either way you wonā€™t be viewed as the ā€œblack sheepā€ anymore.

Move on the past is past. You are now with in a happy marriage and just make sure she is at a distance from you but donā€™t affect all your family ā€¦ meet up with everyone and be polite ā€¦she knows how you feel about her and am sure she will not do it again

1 Like

I would say next time they say ur being the bad person make sure itā€™s at a function and calmly say well I feel uncomfortable around someone who slept with my husband. Being calm makes u look like ur not crazy but also tells everyone what happened

2 Likes

Call that bitch out and have your moment fuck all that black sheep shit!! You have a right to feel the way you do. And she needs to held accountable!!

I would sing it aloud! Tell it!

1 Like

Talk about it It needs to be said. You r the victim!!!

Ask yourself what good will come of this??
Absolutely nothing.
Move on!!

1 Like

I would tell her that she needs to come clean to you guyā€™s family as to why you donā€™t come around. Itā€™s not enough that she confessed to you, sometimes forgiveness has to be earned.

6 Likes

Please donā€™t live in the pastā€¦looking back then you canā€™t move forwardā€¦
If not comfortable with bringing up the past but still donā€™t trust herā€¦when someone ask why you donā€™t want to be around I would sayā€¦Ask herā€¦she betrayed meā€¦ donā€™t want to discussā€¦

1 Like

It shouldnā€™t prevent you from going to family functions I donā€™t think. Sheā€™s one personā€¦ It sounds like your more embarrassed than hurt in my opinion. Youā€™ve done nothing wrong. If seeking closure is what you need from her, then be mature and adult enough to say ā€¦ Hey, I know I said Iā€™ve moved past it, but I got some shit i need to get off my chest /answered. End the misery and, pitty parties and, move on. He defiantly dont sound worth all the extraness of it. Live your life.

Have them ask your cousin what has upset you so much that you no longer want to see her. Sheā€™ll either admit it or keep quiet but they will understand something serious transpired.

1 Like

Tell one family member the one with the biggest mouth ,job done

10 Likes

Me. I honestly would stay away. I am the type of person that I feel like if they know what they did and I know what they did I would rather karma kill then to work myself up about it, either attend a different weekend then her and or donā€™t go period! idk thatā€™s what I would do. Thatā€™s such an awkward scenario, to address and or be arou and pretend nothing happened I mean sheā€™s honestly a sick person as he is too but wow your cousin is like your bestie well at least mine is ā€¦ best of luck I would avoid at all cost

Happy Thanksgiving lol ā€¦fuckā€¦ingā€¦ahhhh

Feeling hurt, betrayed, sad, angry, and mad are all valid emotions. You can choose to ā€œoutā€ her and attempt to shame her, possibly ostracizing her and or you from family. You can choose to keep quiet and keep your distance. You can choose to cut her out entirely. You can chose to forget it.

A lot of these options will make you feel better, some will make you feel worse, you have to think about whatā€™s gonna make you feel comfortable with and can live with. You also may feel differently in a week, a month, or a year as you process it and grow and develop.

Thereā€™s no one right answer as to what you should do.

1 Like

I would tell everyone, but Iā€™m petty :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Also 90% sure everyone that is saying to move on is the cousinā€¦ yes all of themā€‹:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

ā€¦ Iā€™ll say this.

Who gives a shit what she thinks and or how she feels. She clearly did itā€¦she told you. So Iā€™m hoping you have that in written proof via text or email or whatever bc if u r to call her out and the family wants to ask questions , she may deny the entire thing and act like nothing happened and youā€™re just a nut case . If she hasnā€™t already sent u a text saying it, go fishing for it if you plan on calling her out to the fam. Just a thought. Cause i wouldnt want to be the one whoā€™s flipped on when she wants to play stupid

Itā€™s sad that you have to be the one to miss out on family functions.

1 Like

I feel like as much as you dont want to you need to talk to her and maybe just tell family yall arent friends because of personal issues that only is her place to tell.

1 Like

If you tell someone in the family the reason, chances are the info will spread like wildfire & their shunning of you will stop. If the cousin confronts you about telling, say, Well, itā€™s the truth, isnā€™t it?ā€

Be honest with yourself, donā€™t hold resentment when you can handle the situation, like if you decide to call her out just do it in manner where it isnā€™t ā€œshamefulā€ so you donā€™t get backlash you know? Be honest with her and be honest with your family members, just because it happened years ago doesnā€™t take away the fact that she really did betray you. Telling you was to ease her guilt so if sheā€™s truly sorry she understand why you went to your family. I hope everything works out.

1 Like

I would call her putā€¦if she did this to youā€¦she has indeed done it to others as wellā€¦why should you out yourself from the fa.ilyā€¦she wronged you

She is an awful person!!! If it were me, I would tell her how u feel and when family says something, respond with ASK (what ever her name is) WHY I DONā€™T COME AROUND if she is there! If she doesnt fess up. U tell them.
ALSOā€¦yextbher how ur still feeling so u have proof in writing what she did.

Life is too short. Speak up.

Holding on to anger hatred is giving them power.Forgive and forget this give yourself the power to be over it and be happy.

Man I would tell it on the mountain :rofl:

Fuck them family fucntions

Tell your mom. Sheā€™ll tell EVERYBODY!

4 Likes

Only you can be the judge of your family dynamics, and what it would effect if you told.

Iā€™d tell them, but Iā€™m petty like that :woman_shrugging:

Sorry but both were at fault family is family she knew he was your husband and vise versa she could of stopped it at any time same goes for him forgive but you never forget. And yes I agree tell your mom and your sisters I think they should know.Whoā€™s to say she hasnā€™t done the same with other family members

16 Likes

Move on and learn from the experience, let go of your pain, forgive, but never forget, thats your way out of pain, the longer the pain, the longer the pain going to last, your are giving them power over you, your cousin probably was tricked too, just fed her ass with a long handled spoon, and move on.

#1 call her out in secret. But check ur husband too bc girls only go by what men tell them! Thatā€™s u guys business. No need to bring the rest of the family into it then! But u do have to get thru it and get over it or itā€™s gonna eat u alive. U forgiving her is for your sake, NOT for hers!

1 Like

Call her out, she didnā€™t respect you, why should you respect her. Plus, u are looking like the bad one for being away from your family functions.

2 Likes

Honesty is always the best policy and you shouldnā€™t have to hide your feelings to cover her sin. If your family knew then maybe they would understand your stance. Maybe their support can help you move past this. No man is an island. You need an emotional support system and thatā€™s what family is for.

13 Likes

Move her in and move out is what I would do . Because your baby is far more important than your cousin wanting definitely sloppy seconds and everyone else your husband been with

Real family doesnā€™t do that. Iā€™d cut ties!

1 Like

Why not say what happened to someone else? What good does it do to keep it bottled in. She may feel better but you donā€™t. Tell someone else and then let it spread like wildfire. She knew yall were married but slept with your then husband anyways. Tell them that is why you donā€™t want to go.

6 Likes

I would tell my family why so they understand why you donā€™t attend family affairs. Itā€™s not fair that you and your family donā€™t attend when she is the one who was in the wrong. Then the family will understand where your feelings come from plus if she done it to you who is to say she wonā€™t do it to another family member. After that then you should be able to process,forgive and move on for good.

11 Likes

Well, I for one would shout her out. Why should I be accused of being the party poopers. I would wreck her. thatā€™s just me. Good luck.

5 Likes

Say something. Its your family too. Youā€™re missing out and she knows why. Take back your family and your peace.

Family is Family, shame on her!!! Both are at fault!!

Be straight up and tell everyone she is the one who did you dirty and if your family doesnā€™t see that way then you shouldnā€™t go around but sheā€™s a grown woman she knew she was in the wrong and she should have to deal with feeling awful not you

4 Likes

Go, spill red wine on her. Every hour on the hour spill red wine on her. I am so clumsy the older I get the worse it gets!!!

3 Likes

Its about your peaceā€¦ Take the time and healā€¦only you will know when youā€™re ready

3 Likes

You have remarried and say you are happy. Let it go.

1 Like

A lot of bad advice here. Confront your cousin and tell her she isnā€™t welcome to family events that you will be attending and that if she does than you will tell the whole family how she slept with your husband. Otherwise they will think you are being petty by not going to family gatherings when you didnā€™t do anything wrong.

5 Likes

Whenever they ask, simply say ā€œ because I have my reasons, you can always ask her.ā€ If she really cares or is remorseful, sheā€™ll speak up.

9 Likes

Go to family functions n ignore her. Time to move on.

1 Like

Iā€™m going through something similar. I understand. Thinking of you.

Donā€™t keep this bottled in!

1 Like

Call her out, process the emotions, & move on.

2 Likes

Who cares after all this time. You are remarried and i hope are HAPPY these days. OR you could be the big person and just tell your family what has happened in the pass and let the chips where they fall. Now get on with your life.

3 Likes

Dont air your personal dirty laundry on facebook

I would not go to family functionsā€¦I am also the black sheep of the familyā€¦my so called family havenā€™t spoken to me in 8 yearsā€¦and I am ok with that.

1 Like

Exactly Rachel Williams

Call her out on it !!!

1 Like

She made the conscious choice to deceive and betray you, her family. Why is it your mission to protect her? People need to take responsibility for their actions or how can they be held accountable. You are in no way responsible for carrying this around and being the one to miss out on family when she enjoys this time without regard. Your children are missing out to and that is not fair for them. Family is important and those memories with all of the family belong to them and you.

For her to have sex with her cousins husband means she had no respect for her cousin. Iā€™d tell maybe my mom or sister and let the chips fall where they may. No use in protecting her. She didnā€™t respect your feelings why respect hers.

17 Likes

Y should u have any guilt about other peopleā€™s mistakes she made her choice long ago and wasnā€™t worried about how ur family looked at u staying with a man that was cheating for how ever long u did let her hang her head in shame or not go to family functions y should u n ur kids miss out havenā€™t u suffered enough.

Have your baby and forget her ass

Guess what,my husband cheated on me with his first cousin,no one said shit, my sister in law of 33 yrs when I asked her to help me, said I support my brother,no matter not a a peep,my brother in laws, not a peep
Best news: Iā€™m happier than I thought Iā€™d ever be,so thatā€™s my justice

I think the basis of trust have been severed. If you really want to move on from this and feel better about your future I say talk to your cousin. Have her explain the circumstances and have a heart to heart with her letting her know the betrayal has affected your relationship with her and try to work it out. Make it very clear to her that the affairs ARE DONE! Let her know that while she may have been single, her getting involved with your ex was a huge violation of trust. Iā€™m guessing your biggest concern is ā€œwhat if it happens againā€ cuz trust me thatā€™s where my head would be tooā€¦but at that point when you sit down with her make it clear that if it EVER HAPPENS AGAIN that all ties with her as far as the relationship will be cut and over with. and that this time the family will know what she did. No one needs to know what happened in the past. Especially if youā€™re happily re-married and moved on. You donā€™t want your current man to think that youā€™re still not over the past. But I say have a serious talk with her tell her your concerns, your trust issues, and your hurt. If she understands how badly she affected your life and trust in her she will realize just how badly she needs to work on not losing it anymore. Talk with her, work somethings out. But like I said if your concerned that she will cheat again make it clear that she will have to answer to not only you but your family for ruining something that she should have stayed out of. Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™m so close to my cousin, weā€™re basically sisters. I canā€™t imagine what my heart and everything would feel like to know someone so close betrayed me. But she needs to know your hurt. And you need to hear her apology and reassure each other that your relationship comes first. Before ANY MAN.

I would speak up to your family .The blame needs to be remove from you to her.Youā€™ll feel so much better when you do.

1 Like

Tell your parents&sisters.Then tell your cousin you even look at my family. I tell whole family what you did.people like her donā€™t change.I know i was married to one.He wasnā€™t there for his daughter in June to walk her down the isle on her special day.Her Wedding! Her Stepfather was.Put people like that out of your life.Not worth the drama.family or not!

If she was single at the time - the fault lies mostly with your ex - husband. What she did wasnā€™t right - and never will be - but she wasnā€™t the one who was married. Its a conundrum - i would be pissed tooā€¦ but family is family , and its not worth losing your whole family over. Try to find it in your heart to forgive. Would make everything easier. You donā€™t ever have to trust her again, but try to forgive her - for your sakeā€¦ also remember that she never had to admit it after all this time, but she didā€¦ maybe she is trying to make it right, and say sorry.

Doesnā€™t sound like you are over it

1 Like

Call her out she is a P O S . Make her accountable

Please I was 8 months pregnant for third child 20 years old married n only been with MY Husband find out hes messing with my older Sister she did everyones Man so my loser Husband Breaks my nose for finding out beat me bad could have lose my baby I was YOUNG n dum long story but She Is still trash n its been 50 years Everyone knows shes no good So get him out n tell Everyone about Her Because its a game to a Whores just to prove they can get as many men even if its just sex why should You Hurt Iam much older but Id blow her cover to everyone a Pig is a Pig Stay away From Both n get Happy

1 Like

Wait till a big family reunion when your sitting down eating & announce to everyone the reason you donā€™t want to be around her is because sheā€™s a skanky whore that slept with your husband while you were pregnant . If they get pissed, tell them all to kiss your ass :+1:

1 Like

Lol bring it up at thanksgiving. Personally, Iā€™m not the forgiving kind of person so if you fuck me over thatā€™s it. If my cousin slept with my husband thatā€™s not my cousin anymore, just some slut I share blood with.

Nope, that hoe would never see the whites of my eyes again. I would care less what the family thought. She is a hoe and you need to keep your man away from her. She doesnā€™t deserve to be called family. Trash is a better name for her. But remember what goes around, comes around and her karma will be a bitch. Nope you just do you and let the family have the hoe.

1 Like

Call the dirty bitch and the cheating bastard out. Quit missing out on memories because of them.

1 Like