My family is struggling and needs support!

I’m a 21 year old mom of 4, I’m a hard worker and I put my heart into everything I do. Last year S/O & I agreed to move in with his mother to help her pay bills & basically help her get back on her feet. We’ve been here about 8 months, my s/o and I give her 400$ each for rent & utilities every month, our rent is 450, utilities are usually around 200. So she didn’t have to pay anything rent/utility wise while we’re here. Yesterday our landlord came knocking and informed me and s/o that my MIL hasn’t paid a full months rent in 6 months, he said she has paid him 200$ a month for the last 6 months and tells us either we have to have the 1200$ by Thursday or he’s kicking us out. We also found out she’s 2 months behind on the power bill. Sadly, but luckily my 21st birthday is Saturday & we had planned a short beach trip for us and the kiddos so we had saved about 300$ for the trip, that we now have to put towards trying to keep our apartment. We’re still lacking 800$, neither of us have any credit to take out a loan or anyone to help & his mother is momentarily packing her shit to move in with one of her friends. Leaving us to pay the rent she didn’t pay with OUR money. We don’t ask for handouts & we’ve worked hard for everything we have. We have no support system. We have no credit, and nobody with good enough credit to co-sign with us. I hate to even ask this, but is there anyway you would be willing to cover my name and post my cash tag? I don’t know what else to do. I’ve prayed, cried, and prayed some more, I can’t find the words to describe how upset I am about all of this. I’m not a begger, We don’t get help from the gov, we don’t get parental support, yes we are young parents but we’re giving it all we’ve got and then some. My SO and I work hard for everything we have and right now we don’t have a clue what we’re going to do.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My family is struggling and needs support! - Mamas Uncut

That’s so messed up! I’m sorry you have to go thru all this!!

Apply on rentrelief.com
They can help with behind bills and utilities.

9 Likes

Should have know she wasn’t paying her bills otherwise she probably wouldn’t need your help, should have paid them yourselves instead of giving it to her. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

26 Likes

They can’t kick you out by Thursday. They have to give you a 30 days notice from the court house

Well the child tax credit is supposed to hit tomorrow good luck and this is a lesson don’t help no one ever friends or family they will always fuxk you over no matter what

Salvation Army, all local churches, emergency relief through social workers. Welfare.

4 Likes

Starting making calls to every church around. Everyone that helps

1 Like

I believe the no eviction due to Covid was extended to October I’ll have to research.

2 Likes

There’s an eviction Moritorium in the us.

1 Like

If the apartment is rented in her name it’s against her! The landlord can take her to court . Use any money you have or get to find a new place!

If you’re in the U.S. You’ll be getting your CTC payment tomorrow. I’d speak to the landlord, explain the situation and give him what you can afford. Maybe he’ll be willing to work with you on the rest. Most states still have the eviction moratorium in place too.

10 Likes

Wow can’t imagine doing that to my children & with children themselves. How sad. Prayers *

1 Like

I’m not sure if you said where you were located, but I’m pretty sure the landlord will have to give prior notice (at least 30 days)

4 Likes

It will work out love. But know, cut her ass all the way off. Let her move and be done with her.

Unfortunately he has to give 30 days written notice. Sooooo. She better come up with money.

Ever since the no eviction rule went into affect alot of renters have been shady

Ask for a one shot deal they’ll pay utilities too

1 Like

I’d throw her shit to the curb no bags no nothing

7 Likes

There’s no evictions in the US AND the landlord has to give you a notice to quit (14 days) and then file. Which the way courts are backed up could take months.

9 Likes

They have to properly evict you. Which can take weeks/months. Soooo I’m not buying this story

10 Likes

Leyna Suzanne Boucher is right the landlord can’t evict you until October.

1 Like

Is it possible to communicate with the landlord and offer the 300 now rent on time in full from here on out with an additional amount to start putting towards the balance owed? Most of the time you can work something out if you stay communicating. He will see you are serious about making it right and be more willing to help. Would be best for him to take the 300 and then extra every month until paid than loose a good tenant 🤷

There is an eviction moratorium across the US. They cannot evict you for inability to pay. Also, every state has lots of funding to specifically help with these things. Start making calls and see what your options are.

3 Likes

I feel so bad you have to go through this at just 21 years old with 4 kids. Wow, that’s hard. I hope and pray you get the help you need.

4 Likes

Give a guys some for some money u can make the whole 800 in 20 min, u got 4 kids so we know ur good what what u do so u should start charging for it ….problem solved (never do what ur good at for free)

You can not be evicted to start

1 Like

Wow 21 n 4 kids already that’s messed Up

27 Likes

I’ve had this happen with a actual landlord
They stopped paying the mortgage and we were told we had to be out in three months by the bank . I was nine months pregnant and had just lost my job and my spouse makes significantly less than me . The bank gave us three grand to move three grand gets you absolutely nothing in California . Most places wanted stellar credit students that move out in a few years or six months rent up front plus a deposit . I got none of those . We ended up staying with a friend .
Anyone of you that thinks it can’t happen to you .
You are wrong

Load up anything of value and go to the pawn shop. No sense having a tv with no spot. You can get those things back, or get new stuff some day. But right now the priority is the rent.

26 Likes

Are you not getting the child tax credit? I have 4 kids with 3 being over 5 and I still get around $1050 so you should be getting that or more

There are still states doing evictions. My state lifted ours at the end of July. Everyone is getting evicted around me.

I’d also say…if you do somehow get money…use it for another place for your family instead of trying to save her place…again.

I feel ya… My ex sister in law told my ex husband and I that she would help us budget our bills and such if we would just give her the bill and the money to cover them. Come to find out she hadn’t paid a penny on our bills and our lights were on disconnect.

Lucky for the lights with everything they won’t shut your lights off … I had a roommate who left me with a 1300 light bill im makei g payments on but the light company said they can’t shut it off … I can’t help with money but thought I would let you know they can’t shut lights off … you need to start a go fund me sometimes that helps

Try tiktok, don’t save that apartment let that crap go into her credit, find something that you don’t owe back rent and move there…if MIL doesn’t give a crap you shouldn’t either. Find a new place to move.

Prayers to you and your family…once you get back on your feet…now you know not to trust your MIL with money…talk to your landlord and explain the situation…GOD BLESS…

If you are not on the lease they can evict you and the person on the lease for violation regardless of the moratorium!

1 Like

Y’all will come up with y’all back rent. I wouldn’t pay til MIL leaves though and ask can her name be removed from the lease if it’s on there. MIL may have a substance abuse problem she’s trying to hide. Her son should definitely look into that. Good luck

Try plain green loans. They gave me a loan with crap credit

Try the churches they have resources to help u

5 Likes

Take the $300 vacation money… don’t pay mom the $800 and add that to the $300

Go to the HOPE program. They help with rent and utilities.

2 Likes

On the 15th you’ll be getting a check from Joe I’ll hold on

Try emergency ontario works hun they will help as long as you already have the apartment

1 Like

Leave and find somewhere else to say since technically the lease isn’t in your name. Find a place for you and your four children. Good luck to you

I think she’s trying to get money for there trip :thinking::thinking::thinking:

I live in Iowa and HACAAP helps with utilities/rent. Do you have any programs around you that you or her might qualify for?

MIL or not. We would be going to court and she needs to be held accountable for her actions PERIOD. You have children in that home. Her clothes and anything she owned would ALL be sold. Take all her crap and sell it. Don’t let her take a darn thing from that house and explain to the cops what happened. I have seen cops make people pay money to the person they owe money to, to pay them before they was allowed to get any belongings. DON’T LET HER GET AWAY WITH THIS. Honey. Make a go fund me page and explain your story. I don’t play when it comes to my children. When you take from me. You take from my children PERIOD. GOD has got her. He gonna get her good.

Go to your church and homeless shelter.put your children up to foster care until you get your life together.go after the farther and his family.yoi have many choices

21 Likes

This whole post and it’s comments exemplifies the cycle of poverty. :cry:

8 Likes

Go to a pay day loan place

3 Likes

Wow you take no responsibility. You have 4 children no husband moved in with boyfriends mother, and this is all her fault?? You have no credit no savings but mad you can’t spend $300 on yourselves. Now his mom has had to move out of HER not your apartment and this YOU BLAME ON HER. Rude adult awakening this is YOUR results of your behavior. I hope you grow up quickly and I am sorry for the children that have to endure it all. Tough love is just catching up with you.

Unfortunately if you guys aren’t on her lease, you’ll have to move regardless. She should’ve moved in with her friend from the beginning. Nevertheless, there have to be local programs that will give you emergency funds to move or to pay what you owe if the landlord allows you guys to stay. Since you both work, can either of you get a loan from employer or get an advance on pay? You will get through this.

6 Likes

Ask a church for help.

I’m wondering why you and the hub’s don’t have $1.200 … paying $400 a month and electricity…you should have saved enough money to cover that…is the s/o working,or playing video games all day???

Are u 21 or about to be 21?? I don’t understand and also… 20 with 4 kids already? And also if u can’t afford a house or if u guys can’t afford to have $1200, PLEASE STOP HAVING KIDS

You could call and see about getting help from the Salvation Army

2 Likes

So why post this and not her cashtag? Whats the point?

3 Likes

Also you guyd should let the mom move out since she has a place to stay and get a hotel room

Ask landlord for a payment plan. Tell him on your monthly rent you can pay the outstanding in installments probably like a $100 a month with the basic rent until clear up the outstanding.

Poverty isn’t a crime sometimes everyone goes through a bad phase if can’t help at least don’t insult. Is not bad to seek help, people situation change no situation remains the same

8 Likes

I am in the UK love and don’t know all your charity’s
But set u a go fund me page and I’m sure if u write your story it will help and people will help
Good luck hope u get sorted

1 Like

Plus speak to the landlord for extra time explaining the circumstances he might be helpful

2 Likes

Call United way or 211

1 Like

What about welfare ? When unmarried, they help a lot . State money. I’m not judging I’m just asking, why do you have 4 kids at 21 if money is such an issue? Things will all work out. Good luck!

In sorry that’s happening to you but please if she isn’t being responsible with paying the bills epithet you guys do it or move out because she obviously isn’t prioritizing the money she is given

Ask the landlord to pay an extta $100 for the next 9 months and the rent will come directly from you.

5 Likes

Before you can b evicted it has to go thru the court systems. If you have any proof of giving your MIL the money which proves you intened to psy only that she didnt you can sue her or the landlord may let you continue to live there & just pay next months rent directly to him. But I absolutely would not allow your MIL to continue to stay there… Your landlord can have her evicted but have yall stay cuz you did pay the rent thru her, but she did not forward it so that should b on her to pay all back rent. While You & Your Husband start fresh w the landlord. They will wrk w you as long as they kno & you prove to him that you can pay the rent. Good Luck, I Wish You The Best.
(Im also goin thru this w my landlord, only i payd him smdh its just such a mess rite now. But no one wants anyone to b homeless especially w kids. Just talk to the landlord & see what yall can do. I bet he is willing to wrk w you cuz he will lose out on more money by takn yall to court for an eviction as well as have to find new tentants to replace you. As well as having to paint, carpet clean or replace the carpets & appliances. Landlords just want money. If you are able to get a few $100 together n give it to him. I think everythin will b just fine. :heartbeat:

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My family is struggling and needs support! - Mamas Uncut

Is the house in her name? Surely she can’t legally drop all this on you and get away with it

16 Likes

Housingiskey.com apply for help with past due rent. He can’t evict you if you do so

5 Likes

Catholic charities !!! Call NOW

7 Likes

Start a go fund me and check out local charity organizations.

Take the $300 go stay in a hotel and apply for housing threw DHS they will help with first and last months rent.

9 Likes

Now is the time to get government help. That is what it is there for!

7 Likes

Your MIL is irresponsible and needs to grow up… I’m sorry this is happening to you… your so young… you say she’s leaving meaning she don’t care but you need stability for your family … good luck to you and don’t live with anyone else any more … :woman_shrugging:t4::woman_shrugging:t4::woman_shrugging:t4:🥲🥲🥲:triumph::triumph::triumph::rage::rage::rage:

4 Likes

Call 211. It is a national service that can provide resources and info for your specific area.

6 Likes

Whose name is on the rental agreement?
And are there receipt’s (I keep mine in one place, and up to date)?
If you and your s/o aren’t, see if the Landlord can work out a transfer of rental. It’s not like you don’t pay your rent, you two do.
Hopefully you two have a reasonable Landlord that might work out something with you. Especially if just mom’s name is on the rent.

5 Likes

Wtf did she spend the money on. That where my concern is. She clearly has something going on and needs help.
Get out while you can.

You need to move out or make your MIL pay you every week so you are making the payments. For your rent and the power.

4 Likes

Talk about a huge warning! You need to get your own place!! Your MIL is irresponsible & is going to start problems!

Can’t even trust your own mama….:rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

Post the cash tag! A lot of people have an opinion but a lot of people have a heart! I would give something. Where is it?!

1 Like

A landlord can’t evict you without legal paperwork and way more notice than what you’ve been given. Don’t let them scare you into leaving. Your mom paying $200 a month is proof of some regular payment. Find out from the landlord if he ever contacted your mother about the rest of the rent each month. And if you explain the entire situation to the landlord they may be able to help terminate your mother’s lease and go for back pay to her, or transfer of lease so your mom can’t come back and put you in this situation. Once the lease is transferred the utility companies need to bill current Tennant’s. All of this would help in you not being further damaged by her actions.

15 Likes

Donate plasma, sometimes they have promotions where you can get up to 200$. I just donated today and got 175$! It’s an option. I’m sorry y’all are going through this. Stay strong :heart:

1 Like

Same exact boat… Good luck

If your names aren’t on the lease, I’d walk away and let the past due amounts go against your MIL’s credit. She’s the one who stole your money; it’s only fair she take the fall.

It’s time to think about applying for government assistance to help you get through this rough patch. When things get better, you can leave the program.

If everything is in her name I wouldn’t pay it! He can’t just come and kick you out, need to go through the proper steps including court first, which will give you time to save up money and move out and then all the back rent and bills will be attached to her name not yours! Theres programs you cam apply to that will help pay back rent so you don’t get kicked out but if everything is in her name I think she has to be involved in the process and then she can come and move back in whenever she sees fit. If she has no concern for her son or grandkids then don’t have any concern for the money she’s gonna legally owe

You have lots of good agencies to reach out to and I think you have a good shot to get that help.
But…
He can’t just kick you out. He has to go through the court and send proper paperwork. Even if an eviction is filed there will be a court date. If you can have the money by then he may accept it and transfer it into your name or work something out with you. You can also take the time to find a new place. If you aren’t on the lease then you won’t have an eviction to follow you. I guess it depends on if you want to stay or find a new place. Does any of this make sense? I’ve had issues with landlords in the past and know a little about how it all works. So let me know if there’s anything else I can help with

File for rent relief. Most of those funds still not paid out.

5 Likes

Go to a small loan company, like lenders loans, Covington credit, something like that they offer small loans with little to no credit.

Don’t you dare pay HER rent. If you are not on the lease, it falls on her! Go and speak to charities and see if they can help raise funds for your new housing.

12 Likes

Dont let her pack anything
Take it all to a pawn shop and kick her out.
Disgusting trash who has stolen from her son and grandchildren.

6 Likes

3 adults, & rent is only $450?
There’s no reason why you guys should be struggling…

3 Likes

I know it sounds nasty but sell her stuff to pay for the behind rent. Or better yet, like others have said, move out & find your own place. It’ll be hard but better than living with your MIL. Pretty much your only 2 options. Good luck.

6 Likes

Personally you need to talk to your mother in law especially if she’s the one on the lease . And she needs to do something. Because it’s not yalls place if she’s the one on the lease . And if by chance she has y’all there illegally without the landlord ok . That’s grounds for eviction to . So she needs to step up and talk to the land lord . And try and work something out . Instead of running.

Go to a shelter or hotel room. Don’t have no more kids right now. It’s baggage

4 Likes

There is a current eviction moratorium in place. They cannot throw you out.

1 Like

DO NOT give the mom any money to manage …she can’t be trusted! Pay the bills yourself & keep receipts & a journal. Is that apartment even big enough for all of you??:thinking: You’d be better off to live on your own & let her go to Socisl Services or the like.

What do u do for work if your not on any centreline payment still get child indemant for 4 kids