My family is struggling and needs support!

if you can go to the church and they will help you out try the Salvation Army,they help people out in your situation.:pray::pray::pray::heart::heart:

1 Like

I don’t think you can get evicted for not paying rent due to covid, you should apply for gov’t assistance and they will help

4 Likes

Check out your local Catholic Charities.
Apply for Emergency Assistance at the county.
This whole situation is ridiculous-

Did you ask her why she didn’t pay?

1 Like

You have 4 kids at 21?, I’m sure you can get some type of assistance, I wish you luck🙏🏽

2 Likes

Mom of 4? Babe I know many people lost their jobs, but please don’t have any more children. Try applying for ebt or government help for the meantime. Move out to a shelter, of a studio that’s Cheap.

5 Likes

If she’s the one on the lease she has to pay. Stop giving her money, should’ve been giving it to the landlord

Pay it and then tell the bitch to stay tf away I’m shocked.

6 Likes

You should talk to your landlord explain you have both been giving ur mil $400 a month for rent and utilities. Therefore now you will directly paying him $800 a month until you are fully caught up. As for the mil don’t help her out anymore in the future. Your favors are all done .

19 Likes

Don’t let her take her stuff-thats now your stuff in leiu of the $ she owes you

5 Likes

Not sure where you live, but we have a business called Community Action Commission that has different programs to help pay bills. Since the pandemic, they now have rental assistance. Try calling your welfare office and asking about the different programs in your area. If they have something the same, then you should be able to get help thru them

7 Likes

If the apartment is in her name, move into another apartment if you can afford the 1st month’s rent. You don’t have to pay UNLESS the lease is in your name.

12 Likes

Think you need to pay rent to landlord not her and same with the bills very sad when you try to help someone and it backfires…:sweat::sweat::sweat:

1 Like

Where were you living before u moved in with s/o mother?

1 Like

If your not on the lease it’s not your responsibility it’s hers!

8 Likes

Go to welfare office and tell them you might be homeless soon.

1 Like
  1. There is a national eviction moratorium at the moment. Evictions cannot occur until after 10/3, which keeps folks safely housed until that time. They can threaten it, but landlords cannot move forward with evictions for non-payment if rent.

2. Moving forward, I would pay landlord directly.

3. Contact local social service agencies to start process of getting assistance.

4. Celebrate your birthday in ways that are meaningful and special, even if it isn’t what you envisioned. You deserve that.

5 Likes

Lots of good advice on resources here. You can also call your Legal Aid Society. They will be up to date on all the eviction laws in your area and can help you address the landlord. They should also be able to connect you with social service organizations that can help with the utilities, food, day care, etc. What you’re going through isn’t easy. One step at a time.

1 Like

All I see is she’s 21 with 4 kids.smdh… Some of yall probaly got a grave yard full of kids from abortions.

15 Likes

I just saw this on another site

2 Likes

Don’t leave without court order, your protection is covid right now but apply for aid

1 Like

How about go fund me, for the amount you need…

Find out where the money is going and sell her stuff lol

Most cities are receiving rental assistance covid funds. Please contact your local city hall to see where they can direct you? Since it’s usually a local non profit that distributes that.

4 Likes

So what is she spending the money on? Do you have housing dept you can go to or a friend to help you out. I’ve been homeless 3 times and something always works out x

I don’t think he can legally kick you out at the moment. Talk to him and explain the situation, pay him the $300 and work something out where he can get his money within the next couple months. Keep mil away as she is toxic as hell.

So not only has the mother in law used all their money that was for rent & bills on other stuff, when the landlord comes knocking she then packs her stuff and is scarpering
To a friends!?
What a total piece of $$$$. She is!!

Tbh it’s not their name on lease so not there prob explain the situation to land lord. Hopefully he ain’t a idiot and realises it’s not THEIR fault.

Go to housing and explain to them too u have 4 kids so they should help ASAP.

M.il needs a kick up the ass to do that to son and her grandkids Karma love karma

There are plenty of services out here to help you, ESPECIALLY, with kids. Contact social services, im sure you are receiving food stamps. The majority of people need help during these times so asking for help thru cash app might not be a good idea. The landlord has to take the renter to court first before they evict you and that will take months. Just start making plans now, don’t wait. God bless :raised_hands: :pray:

$450 rent! Who still has rent that low with enough room for everyone? She needs to give him every cent she has and beg him cause she had no clue.

3 Likes

It’s not your problem! If you can afford your own place which clearly you can then I’d be leaving, you MIL has been pocketing your money, it’s her problem not yours so leave her to sort it out! You stated you agreed to move in to help HER, so what was your living situation prior to that? I’m sure there would be some help you could receive without asking random strangers for money! I’d be asking what your MIL did with the money you were giving her? Plus from this point on do not give her another penny, you pay the rent, bills etc directly, do not let her pay them as she clearly can’t be trusted! Personally I’d be packing my bags, packing up my kids and leaving the partner and his mother to deal with the mess!

Could you try and speak to the landlord and explain the situation to him and make an agreement to pay extra in the following months to pay back the money owed?

Have a sit down with the landlord. Tell him everything. If he’s a good landlord and your promise to pay like a extra 100 a month till it’s caught up. And remove the mom off and put your names down. It’s easier to keep a tenant then it is to find a new one.most electric companies can put you on a 6 month installation.

8 Likes

Try making a payment plan with the landlord and GET RID OF YOUR MIL. She’s a parasite.

7 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. My family is struggling and needs support! - Mamas Uncut

Sounds like you can get government help, maybe look into it

6 Likes

There has to be some kind of emergency assistance you can qualify for near you.

9 Likes

Ask ur locall dss they will probably have to have a letter stating how much behind y’all are but it’s worth a try

4 Likes

If he takes the 300 he can’t kick you out so try to give that and if he takes it then you still have time to give him more

7 Likes

wait…. you go get your own place—she took advantage, you ain’t even on that lease!!! Let her sink or swim and be DONE helping her with ANYTHING. What the hell.

35 Likes

Can’t kick you out! Check your local laws but in MO, all this Covid nonsense has created laws against eviction.

6 Likes

where are you located

3 Likes

With Polly Workinger on this! Stick it too her. Also TAKE THAT BITCH TO COURT FOR STEALING YOUR MONEY

There are fb groups made for people struggling… Look up give me your money you have to show proof of what you are asking though!

Can’t kick you out without an eviction notice and they gotta go through court to get that. Talk with the landlord and explain to him the situation. He is mad now, but it’s also his fault for only taking partial rent for 6 months. You can go to DSS for emergency assistance, they will help you. You should be getting the child tax credit for the 4 children this week as well.

22 Likes

There’s all kinds of rental assistance that’s laying there unused from the stimulus bills. Best of luck to you.

5 Likes

Not sure where ur located but if Indiana check out indianahousingnow.gov if the landlord will take it but he doesn’t have to u would have to ask it’s rental assistance. U could try your local trustee. Church’s etc reach out explain your situation. Trying calling #211 in Indiana they can’t evict right now I believe

1 Like

Try ringing him saying that you have been paying your partners mum money thinking she has paid rent but hasn’t , and give me the $300 and ask till your next pay to get the rest and get the partners mum move out or take her name out if everything

2 Likes

Contact local churches, salvation army, etc usually dhs has a list

5 Likes

Move and let her deal with it

3 Likes

I’ve been there girl ,I remember paying a couple months rent with my taxes so I would have time to collect more money yo pay of the rest of the months of the year .it’s a struggle .I would suggest giving the landlord the $300 now and talking to him to let him give you at least till the end of the month to make the rest and a little extra to prove it wasn’t you guys and it was you’re mother in law.I would hustle with fb market and sell stuff in you’re house .clothes ,kitchen items ,kids stuff they no longer need ,etc …If that’s not enough ,ask someone close if they are looking to rent a room ,I know so many ppl that can’t afford to live on their own so they would be willing to rent room ,ask they to pay up front to help Pay off rest ,I wish you the best of luck ,praying for a fast solution for you And you’re family

7 Likes

They can’t kick you out the eviction memorandum has been extended. See If you qualify for one of the grants out there due to coivd. Apply for one. It goes straight to the landlord. So it will not go to your mother inlaw. I wouldn’t give her anymore money. I would pay it straight to the landlord.

6 Likes

Cera loan, Google it. They pay behind and up to 5 months. Also dhs will cover you if your name is on the lease.

3 Likes

Child tax credit payments hit tomorrow

16 Likes

Talk to the landlord and show him proof that you’ve both paid her $400 each a month and ask to give yous more time and to kick the mother out and yous will take over the lease?

He has to serve you with an eviction
Don’t go anywhere til he does
And it goes through the courts

8 Likes

Just curious - but what was mom doing with the money you gave her?

8 Likes

Maybe if she leaves & you guys take over the lease the landlord will work with you on getting caught up. Give him what you have and give any extra till it’s caught up. So sorry you’re dealing with this. Best of luck :pray::heart:

18 Likes

Anyone who wants a :rotating_light: free ten bucks :rotating_light: :smiley:!! U don’t have to wait to use it, I can tell u how to use to today immediately online or in store or add to ur cashapp or bank :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: !!! It gets me ten too so anyone who signs up know it’s greatly appreciated to the fullest!! It’s a extra ten bucks for all of u to do something for urself as a sweet surprise :smiley: :smiley:

4 Likes

Explain to landlord what happened and ask if you guys can pay 300 right now then take over rent and let mil move out!

12 Likes

Are you getting the child tax credit thing? With 4 kids i think it should cover the remainder if youre wanting to stay there still

38 Likes

They have 15 days to give you written notice since they gave you a verbal

4 Likes

Call your local county aid office and apply for Emergency assistance to help pay your rent. They usually have energy assistance too if you need help with utility bills.

6 Likes

Child tax credit is around the corner

7 Likes

Take his mother to court.

7 Likes

Could you do DoorDash or something along those lines to make extra $? DoorDash pays out every week.

I hope something works out for you! We’ve all been in a tight spot, stressing about how we’re going to make it all work out. Thinking of you and your family

6 Likes

$1200 will hit tomorrow! You will have your money for that and take your vacation! I am so sorry your MIL did this to you guys!

19 Likes

Feel free to message me, I would love to talk to you and help out anyway I can. Ignore anyone placing judgment and questioning you about your children, when you had them or how close together you had them. You own no one any explanation on your life and when you had children. It sounds like you and your S/O are wonderful parents who have worked hard to provide for your babies just to have someone who you should have been able to trust totally take advantage of you. I’m sorry you’re going through such hard times. I too was a young Mom and I wouldn’t change a thing, my boy is 17 years old in 2 days and is such a blessing in my life. I had him when i was 17. He showed me just how strong and determined I was to build a beautiful life for us. :two_hearts:

48 Likes

All i read was “my significant other’s mom has been overcharging us rent and not actually paying the rent and now i want to know if people will send me money if i post my cash app”""""??? Ummmmmmmmm there are rental assistance programs out there but they wont help if your not on the lease. I suggest applying for rental assistance for security deposit and first months rent on your own place

23 Likes

If you have any proof or messages about the rent agreement, please show the landlord and try to work something out with him! I agree with whomever said to ask about taking over the lease and kicking her to the curb. I can help with a little cash tomorrow. Won’t be much, but if I can get a cash tag I’d be happy to send what I can for you. Better days are coming. Stand tall and firm through this speed bump.

Do you have a Latter Day church around you? They will help you if you go in there with proof saying you are about to be kicked out

Call your City Mayor office ask them where to go. there’s money for that. And power too.

3 Likes

did you ask his mom were all the money went she might be holding it for herself

6 Likes

Going through a similar situation myself

3 Likes

Go to aim or share they could help you

3 Likes

Sell some household items

2 Likes

Where i live in il Illinois valley with help with rental assistance and deposit on a different place as well.

2 Likes

Start selling stuff out of the house if she left anything. Id be upset.

7 Likes

Whats the cashapp tag?

1 Like

Check your location. I know in Washington the eviction notice for non payment was just extended through October 21st. Which means you cannot be evicted for nonpayment. That would buy you some time.

8 Likes

Then pay the rent yourselves instead of giving it to her! Duh,??

14 Likes

What’s the cash app tag?

3 Likes

Pay day loan, installment loan

2 Likes

This same thing happen to my BF. Unforunately his mom just up and moved out and he moved in a spare room with co workers. Try talking to the landlord. Your MIL needs to come up with some $ now even if she’s moving out! What did she do with ALL the $ y’all gave her plus the $ she makes???

2 Likes

Wait we can ask for money here now?
My kids desperately need back to school clothes…

15 Likes

She can’t managing money. That was a given from the start. This happens so often. From now on I would directly pay bill. Or pack up and leave her in her own mess. You paid yours

2 Likes

I would never f*cking help that woman again after she screwed you over.

18 Likes

Call 311 they will set you up with a Catholic Church close to you that will help you pay your rent and utilities.

8 Likes

No. No no no. Forget what is owed and move somewhere else. You’ve dedicated almost a year and you’ve been taken advantage of for more than half of the time you were there. You’re hurting yourself and are now worse off than when you went there. Unless people give you the money, to stay you won’t come up with it in such a short time. You are better off going into a homeless shelter, since you both work you can save and get your own place quickly, and you won’t be robbed, and screwed while you are there. Walk away from her, and let her deal with it, and she needs to pay you back every penny she has stolen from you.

10 Likes

If it is your apartment which in one sentence you said y’all moved in with her to help her and the next it was y’alls apartment?? Anyway why did y’all hand her the money and hand it to the landlord your self?? And why did y’all not pay the light bill y’alls self??

5 Likes

Check with local places in your area like church’s. But beware. You pay she moves back in and the cycle continues. I suggest you move on with your family.

3 Likes

They can’t evict you that fast… You have the law on your side, and COVID has made it damn near impossible to evict at all let alone within a week. If you haven’t been served one at all and just his threats, that’s because he knows he can’t evict and is hoping you would be naive enough to believe it

Sell all of her shit if it’s worth anything and yes…stay the fu@# away from her. She is toxic

Hey hun! Don’t listen to these haters. You tried to help out his mom and it didn’t work out. Lesson learned. Keep pushing and worry about you and those babies you have! You’ll get through this. You should post in your local mom groups if your in them, people are always willing to help when they can, even if it’s not money wise :blue_heart:

14 Likes

Ew - for one - cut her off for good after this

I’m sorry, but this does not add up. :thinking::thinking:

8 Likes

St Vincent de Paul will pay ur rent

1 Like

Cashnetusa gives loans to people with bad or no credit

2 Likes

Try to get a pay advance from your jobs? Sorry not much help

1 Like

Go to welfare and ask for homeless services

2 Likes

They still have to do an eviction process. It’s not as simple as just leave.

8 Likes