My fiance and I have had an ongoing disagreement about my daughter and cheering

No let her continue in Cheer! Group Activities or Sports helps children develop self esteem and gives them both a social outlet and an opportunity for exercise. You mentioned moving and changing schools which can be traumatic to them. Any way you look at it, it’s for her benefit!

Hard no, do not make her stop.

No let her continue u are doing great as a mom

if she wants to let her continue. he wants to drag you down to his level so he doesn’t feel like a bad parent

3 Likes

No let her keep cheering! I don’t care what anyone thinks if she likes it then let her do it!

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Honestly tell him to butt the fuck out, :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: red flags every where. Why should she have to give up something she loves because you decided to move in with your boyfriend, and watch out for him doing financial shit to try and force the issue. In other words keep your own independent finances.

She will literally hate you for the rest of her life for ripping the one thing she truly loves the most away from her.

4 Likes

Those are things u talk about before moving in. He was fine with it now he has a problem, nope it won’t fly. U let your kids enjoy it. If he won’t support it I suggest u get u a new man

9 Likes

No way let her continue she can get scholarship for cheering. If your boyfriend doesn’t like her into sports that’s his loss. Let her do what she likes.

1 Like

Definitely do not make her stop cheering, that’s ridiculous of him to even say.

1 Like

Are you nuts? She is your daughter. Don’t let him change what she has been doing, it would break her heart. You would be picking him over her. No way.

4 Likes

No let her continue! If it bugs him so much he should motivate his children to get into sports also. Don’t take what she’s worked hard for away from her because of him.

7 Likes

Hell no she should continue doing it

2 Likes

100% let her continue

1 Like

Staus quo Just because you in a new relationship doesn’t mean she has to stop what she likes

2 Likes

Absolutely not!!! You let her continue cheering. She has been doing this for years. If the other kids want to get involved in an extra curricular activity that is something the two of you can make happen, but just because the others don’t want to does not mean she should lose something she is passionate about.

4 Likes

He knew this coming in to this relationship if he didn’t agree he shouldn’t have made the move. Don’t stop her for what she likes. You could be making a big mistake at the end. Kids always first

2 Likes

Absolutely not. Just encourage the other kids to find something they love as well.

3 Likes

Easy come, easy go… Let him go. Blood before anything…

3 Likes

That’s your baby. That’s his fault and his kids mother fault that they didn’t get their kids into it. He shouldn’t be so bitter towards you for letting your child cheer. DO NOT MAKE HER STOP! If he can’t accept your child and her cheer activities then, kick him to the curb.

8 Likes

Nope. The others have same opportunity. It’s on them if they don’t want to join something. You’d be punishing her for their inaction.

3 Likes

No way don’t make her stop

1 Like

Let that girl cheer !!!

1 Like

Let her keep doing what she loves… however, make sure that the other kids know they could if they wanted, give them options. My son does taekwondo and lacrosse. My daughter doesn’t play sports… she knows there are options like art classes that she could do instead, she just hasn’t picked anything.

2 Likes

Nope…let her continue with her cheer💖

1 Like

We have spoken SHE GETS TO CHEER!!!:slight_smile:

Let her continue mumma your partner should be ashamed of himself the little girl already moved from her home and school without a choice for him so what does he wanna take everything from her. Selfish!

Kids come first including supporting their continued efforts in a dream worth pursuing! Ditch the fiance, keep cheering! :hugs::blush::grin:

3 Likes

He sounds ridiculous! Let her cheer!

I’d let her continue

Is he grandpa Simpson? Nobody should do anything?

Absolutely do not make her stop doing something that she enjoys, just please make sure that all of the other children have the same opportunities. This is exactly the issue that I am having with two of my girls now, their father ensures that his step children make it to all of their events but at the cost of our own children. They aren’t allowed to do anything because “he can’t be in two places at once” and if I offer to take them " I could use is against him in court". I have no intentions of taking him to court because I have to give my girls a ride somewhere, I just want to make sure that they can make the most of every opportunity that they’re offered and that his step children have the same opportunities regardless of who has to take them where.

1 Like

No you shouldn’t make her stop hes being self centered id leave his ass if he tries to make u do that its wrong she has been in cheer before him and honestly your daughter may resent u if u make her quit especially since it sounds as if its a passion of hers. Offer the kids to play in sports if they want to help him figure it out if not then not your problem but I honestly wouldn’t even stay with a man who tries to change mine or my kids lives in anyway.

Heck no!!! She will resent you for making her quit something she loves!! She’s worked hard for it!

No do not make her stop

Why should your daughter have to give up her dreams when they obviously have none of their own…
The resentment she will have will be aimed at you…you chose him and his kids over your own daughter…

4 Likes

No don’t make her stop. The other kids have the same opportunity and they don’t want to do it.

Let her continue to cheer

Ignore him and make sure to discuss if BEFORE marriage.

1 Like

Sounds like he’s jealous of her hard work. Just because his kids can’t be bothered or just don’t want to do sports, doesn’t mean your girl shouldn’t.

1 Like

He wouldn’t get a say let alone have an opinion if it was my daughter :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Tell him mind his business.

2 Likes

He should get over himself who died and made him boss of all things? I feel you should always encourage kids to get into things sports art whatever they like to do it’s really good for them. If she wants to continue doing what she has already been working so hard doing then she should be allowed to whether the other kids do or not that’s up to them not your daughter.

1 Like

She should be able to carry on and if he wants her to accept him he should show he supports her . Explain to him if his children were interested in something, anything that you would support them just like he should support your daughter. It’s not his kids and your kids it should now be our kids. If he wants a resentful teenager stop her from doing what she loves. Maybe he has never supported his own kids to succeed in something that they love and he feels guilty. If you let him take this from her what else is he going to control over the years . You need to think very carefully before you continue with this relationship. Your kids should come first until you really know that you are making the right decision for you and your kids

1 Like

Ah no. If she loves it and is good at it, she deserves all the encouragement in the world.

1 Like

No way. That would be extremely unfair. She’s worked hard. If you make her stop what example is that showing her? Sounds like his kids are jealous but she’s earned it by working hard.

1 Like

She’s only young once. Why make her stop. It’s his job to encourage his kids to join an activity

No she shouldn’t with all the disruption maybe more is in order. I dont think hes got your daughters best interests in mind here🤔

1 Like

No and he should butt out go young lady I think it’s wonderful

Please don’t stop her from doing cheer. If you do you will live to regret it. Carry on supporting her all the way.

1 Like

Don’t make her stop! If his kids were interested I’m sure they would’ve done something by now!

1 Like

Let her continue it’s not his decision. Not ur fault his kids were never introduced into sports. If u make her stop she may hate you for it

Your children, your decision. Back her all the way or you will regret it. He can choose what his kids do

3 Likes

Not all kids need to have the exact same life style! I would talk to hubby about that. It’s like Christmas, each kid should get something they want, not have exactly the same thing as everyone else. If it’s something she loves and she worked hard for, don’t strip her from it. Your husband needs to learn that his kids don’t need to have exactly everything yours has, just like yours probably doesn’t have everything they have. If you don’t do this you give children an expectation that they need to be given the same things in life as others, issue with that is some people work harder than others for things. It’s normal and kids need to learn to not be so competitive nor have an unrealistic idea of life. They won’t always get the jobs they want, they won’t always come out in first place, you want your kids to learn to be okay with losing because if you don’t, you’ll have nothing but a bunch of whiners in your house who cry when it doesn’t go their way. Gotta teach them to take a hit of defeat and to be able to stand back up and try again! I didn’t make my high school team first year, I worked extra hard the next season and got my spot. Dad taught me to take a loss and learn from it!

If he is trying to change you, your kids or your lifestyle is it really worth beginning a marriage especially with a petty reason for it. If he wanted his kids to he’d make it happen why take it from another child cause he ain’t got his kids hobbies or sports

2 Likes

If you make her stop, you would be putting a man over your child.

9 Likes

Do not make her stop at all! He could have helped his kids do travel sports in the past also, but didn’t. So now he wants to call the shots because it’s “unfair?” Uh no. Specially how hard your daughter has worked to be where she is.

2 Likes

No that is your daughter enjoyment and she should be able to do what she likes!! Not your problem he doesn’t like it! It would be a big fat NO to him!!

Keep taking her :heart:you both but in so much to get her where she is now carry on :heart::heart::heart:xxx

if you are willing to let her cheer before him…why does she have to have it taken away because of him? Allstar cheer means so much to kids…why take it away? Your opinion of your daughter matters too.

No, your girl’s were a package deal.

1 Like

No. but you should rethink marrying this joker. She is yr child. It’s yr decision. He’s throwing it off on the other kids as to his reason she should not cheer …when in reality ,…it’s really him trying to discourage yr child . He is selfish.
If you allow him to do this to yr child …,then it’s on you and it puts you in the same place as he.

4 Likes

No way he knew she cheered before y’all moved in.

1 Like

Absolutely not…that in no way would be fair to your daughter…the other kids,well that’s their choice…maybe their dad doesnt want to put forth the effort it takes for travel sports and that in any way is not your fault nor your daughters…most kids these days want to sit with a phone in their hands or on an Xbox…I’d be very thankful and proud your daughter has the ambition to want to reach her goal…tell her to keep on keeping on and best of luck to her and you on your situation at home…

1 Like

Absolutely not! Don’t punish ur daughter for his and his ex’s failings

Absolutely not … she is happy with it and doing really well but at the same time don’t force her …maybe ask the other kids if they would like to join something that you will support them in what ever they choose but to understand if they do join a sport they have to stick with it for that season at least that your not going to go buy all the stuff that they need for it just to have them quit before it really gets started

Just like other sports, colleges are beginning to offer scholarships for cheerleading, having been a competitive cheerleading coach I know how hard these kids work, and with colleges beginning to notice and offer scholarships it is not just a fun Sport but a great way to pay for college if she is good enough and stays with it, support her completely, she is building for her future.

No let her continue what she loves. Children need encouragement and motivation to keep going in life. She’s also learning that she can do anything when she puts her heart into it. Being a flier teaches you to trust your group. Working on her full & layouts teaches her to never stop trying. Isn’t that what we want our children to never forget. It’s better than sitting on their phones or getting into trouble. Keep her in her All Star cheer family. Team work :heart:. Also very proud of her. Never give up.

2 Likes

Why would u even ask this ?? You no ur self if ur daughter loves it the upset it will cause her to stop especially after working her butt off (your words) You seem very supportive of all 4 kids where as ur partner doesn’t seem to be fully there … talk to him and be firm if ur happy for her to continue he has no right to stop her going!! Don’t upset ur child over a man that isn’t around as long as her …

Don’t take something that she rightfully earned away from her. That would be so uncomfortable.

No. Seriously what an ass. Don’t regret her following her dream and get outlet.

Do not make her stop. If the other kids want to get in to some thing ask them what they are interested in. I kinda hate the fact that the boyfriend would even suggest she stop

2 Likes

I kinda feel this is a red flag. She obviously is very dedicated to this and for him to want to rip it away as being “not fair” sounds…fishy? More like HE doesn’t want to spend the time/money (or feels you are too involved) so he’s looking for a reason to pull her out where he doesn’t look like an ass.
Fair isn’t everyone getting the same exact thing. Fair is everyone getting the opportunity to succeed. You are not stopping the other kids from doing something like this, they just haven’t shown an intrest or drive to do it.

What kind of question is that?! My daughter is also into competitive cheer & that kid has busted her butt day in and day out it would take more than a man and I’ve been with mine for 12 years to tell me she can’t do it anymore. Your her mother if you don’t teach her to reach her dreams no matter what they are and never quit who is going to?! It’s not her fault the others weren’t taught or given the chance to excel why should she be punished?

No. He needs to get his head out his butt. Cheer came before him. It should continue with and/or after him. She worked too hard to get where she is.

Noooooooooooo. Do not take her out. He can leave before that happens. Keep cheering for HER!!!

Never! Time to leave

Sounds like he needs to be a ex fiancé because it’s not your 11 year olds problem that no one else is on a sports team :roll_eyes:. He sounds jealous of your daughter and that’s a problem.

4 Likes

Let her cheer. I cheered my whole life and coached. I watched girls grow up and become college cheerleaders. I would be devastated if someone took it away from me. She worked hard. All star cheering is no joke u have have to earn that. She earned it.

What is his objection? Cost? Time away from home so he has to deal with three kids on his own? He feels like you get a vacation and he doesn’t? Ha! Take the fam sometime so they can see what it’s like. Or DO make it a vacation if you go anyplace interesting and let him take the other 3 to tour the city while you’re with your daughter while she’s competing. The other kids feel bad that they didn’t have a passion? He thinks all kids should be the same?

Can she get college scholarships for cheer? That might make him more amenable to spending time and money on one child.

That said, it will likely not turn into a career that pays well. Professional cheerleaders make very little money & usually have other jobs to make ends meet. School cheer coaches usually teach something else & do it on the side. Cheer teachers in separate programs don’t make a fortune and may not have any benefits. Not sure what Cirque du Soleil performers make, but I’m guessing no one does it for the money.

Be sure she takes good care of her body as injuries can be crippling, and be sure she is able to support herself when she graduates from school. Being totally dependent on a man makes one a captive.

That said, I loved to dance pretty much from birth, mostly modern. I got a college degree in another subject, but kept dancing and performing through college and as I developed my career in P.R., got married and had children. Now I’m retired, a senior citizen and teaching dance classes at a recreation center. I think I made $100 dancing over the course of my lifetime and that was largely transportation reimbursement. I do earn $20 an hour teaching up to 4 classes on Saturday morning, but I probably spend that buying supplies for my classes. But it has brought me joy and a special identity. So just saying make sure she keeps up with her schoolwork too.

BTW, congratulations to her for competing at the highest levels and putting in the hard work and persevering. Kudos to you for your support and encouragement and I’m sure she feels how proud you are of her. Being in top physical form is an asset, but be sure she transitions as she ages to continue staying in shape.

Hope your other kids find their passion too. Maybe expose them to a bunch of hobbies to help them find their niches too.

Keep her in it! My daughter is in her 11th season. It has made her disciplined, well- conditioned, has taught her so many life skills, made her an excellent athlete in all other sports endeavors, a team player, a critical thinker, and has potential to help pay for college, PLUS SHE LOVES IT. Do not strip that from that baby.

Don’t let your kid down! That was her life before. She sounds talented don’t throw it away.

Leave her! It’s a stable thing for her & disnt your fiancé know about this before you moved in together?? Sounds like his selfishness would be a deal breaker to me JS

No. Don’t make her stop. If the other kids want to get into some sort of sport then they can like you stated. Maybe ask them if they want to? That way you know but I would never make one of my kids stop a sport that they love

1 Like

Keep her in cheer. I feel all children should be in some sort of activity. It’s good for so many reasons

1 Like

Ok I’ll be honest. When I cheered for competitive cheer for 5 years and loved it. We were also a very structured traveling team. I made it to all stars and we were headed to nationals in Florida. I was a main flyer, worked my damn ass off running miles, working out, practice, tumbling. My body took a beating and I loved every second. I would have gotten into so much worse had I not had that. My dad never understood and neither of my parents ever came to practice or competitions I had to travel with a team member or coach… I always got “it’s just cheerleading” I don’t think people realize how hard it can be on a competitive team. I think maybe if he saw the hard work and dedication she puts in he would change his mind. Get him to do a sit in on a practice for tumbling or stunts and ask him if he still feels she doesn’t deserve it after. If he hasn’t changed his mind after seeing her hard work then he isn’t the one. Do not let that man take that from her.

Keep helping her see if others ant to do something at seems strange your other one is in nothing what did you leave out

As long as it isn’t a huge financial burden, let her continue…

Stay strong and support your daughter.

1 Like

Let her do it if she loves it. Let him know that if his kids wanted to travel with teams you’d do what you can to make it happen. I’d go as far as to ask the kids in front of him if they want to join something like that. Really, that could be his way of complaining about the money it costs because I know travel cheer competitions are NOT cheap. My cousin does it and it’s expensive af but if you’re paying for it and not asking him for anything then he should relax and drop it :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Don’t you dare pull that baby out of cheer! Cheer at that level can set her up for college scholarships!! Plus it’s an amazing outlet for her. Your husband is probably feeling bad for his lack of effort with his own two children. Yes it’s a sacrifice and yes it takes time and money, but the benefits far outweighs that. Stay strong.

2 Likes

He’s just mad his kids have no direction and your daughter is doing something they’re not. He sounds like shit, to his kids and yours.

If you do this you may ruin your relationship with her I would tell your man no that your keeping her in it. Don’t ruin your kids happiness for a guy … sorry not sorry.

1 Like

No! Do not take that away from her. She shouldn’t have to throw away all of her hard work and future accomplishments for your man. He is selfish for even asking :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Don’t you dare pull that baby from cheer!

Personally, I see it as that’s not her dad and if he can’t be in support of something she was in before y’all got together, I’d be telling him to hit the road.

I’m also mean though and don’t care how someone feels​:woman_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

Um NO. Don’t shatter your child’s dream :flushed:.

2 Likes

If you’re paying for it . Let her. He sounds jealous that’s the kids getting to do stuff and go places. He wouldn’t be my fiance long…

1 Like

Keep her in it. She works hard for this… He needs to get over it. Or else you and your two children can move back out. She dont gotta be lazy cause the other kids are

2 Likes

No !!! Her life has been turned upside down already don’t take the one thing she loves away . If the kids are whining tell them to join something then .

3 Likes

Don’t you dare make her stop! She had that BEFORE he came into the picture. He needs to deal with it.

1 Like