My fiance flipped out on me because I was going to breastfeed in public: Advice?

Slutty??? You gotta be kidding me. There were boobs before bottles, and if you even offered to cover up…sheesh! That’s how this child is being fed, would he like to be deprived of his food because his father thinks it is sexual to feed him?

I would go out to eat with my baby and leave his but at home, bye :wave: Felicia!

3 Likes

Gross. He’s sexualizing you feeding your child.

3 Likes

I’d go without him and find a new boyfriend :joy:

3 Likes

I disagree 100% with how he went about this! Breastfeeding is not slutty either. I would be upset by that alone. Breastfeeding is natural. I understand why he would get defensive because he feels protective over you and your baby’s privacy. But the way he went about it was wrong. Talk to him! Try to understand it from his point of view but make sure he understands there’s a difference between showing concern and being just plain disrespectful and mean. My fiance would be upset if I pulled my breasts out in public because we try to be modest Christians ( sometimes I fail ) but he talks to me about it and doesn’t control or degrade me over it. Sometimes our partners want the best for us but don’t always know how to communicate that to us. Im not saying he gets a free pass to be a dick but he’s right about one thing. There are some nasty perverts in this world and here lately it only seems to be getting worse. Breastfeeding isn’t sexual to mothers but there are crazy sickos in this world.

He sounds like an ass. Breast aren’t sexual, they are to feed a child. Tell him you are going to breastfeed and if you are in public you will do it in public.

I’d be taking baby and going out without his ass. How pathetic of him to act like that. He is a little bit not a man

Wait till he’s calmed down and talk to him. Breastfeeding is NOT sexual. You can feed with a cover or no cover or pump before you go. It’s not a big deal and he’s being weird about it.

3 Likes

Yeah all respect for him would have flown out the window. I would have told him how I felt about it down to the gritty and proceeded to take care of my baby. If he doesn’t like the fact that I’m caring for my child the way I think is best then he can let the door smack him in the :peach: on the way out.

3 Likes

Fined a new partner. Breastfeeding is beautiful.

3 Likes

He needs to be educated or kicked to the curb.

1 Like

Slutty?! Feeding your child is slutty?!

Go out to eat, then when the waiter brings his food tell him to eat in the bathroom or wait until you get home to eat since that is clearly what he expects your baby to do

6 Likes

Feed your baby and ignore his ignorance

3 Likes

:flushed:I would pull my tit out, squirt him in the face and nurse my baby uncovered and tell him to get over it.

8 Likes

I would NEVER be with someone like that, ever. I would happily provide him with educational resources and then, even more happily, publicly breastfeed all the time. I honestly gain so much more appreciation for my husband knowing some people face such crap from their “support system.”

3 Likes

Disrespectful and slutty??? What a disgusting thing to say… He sounds very insecure and controlling, I’d kick him to the curb.

Sounds like you need to throw the whole husband away. I will never understand how men will get mad and jealous about you feeding your baby. Or other women for that matter. They should be supportive and if other men or women have anything to say about it they should defend you. Covered or not. Shaming for FEEDING your child is unacceptable

7 Likes

The passive aggressive side of me says go out, and when you get dirty looks about your screaming hungry baby, explain that your husband thinks feeding the baby is slutty and disgusting. The other part of me says just pump and take it with you so he’ll shut his stupid ass up.

They make a lot of thing for women to breastfeed without your boob just being out in the open.

4 Likes

I would kindly tell him to f**k off and go find somewhere else to eat. Then wed talk more at home.

Disrespectful and slutty??? Whoooo boy, if that was my boyfriend, i would have slapped him and told him to go fuck himself and would have went to go eat without him. And then continued to go places without him.

He is being an ASS feeding your child is normal and if he can’t understand that let him starve!!!

Slutty?!?!?! Omg that would of pissed me off beyond belief!!!
Kick him in the nuts.

Wow you should be able to feed your baby anywhere

2 Likes

Tell him if your baby can’t it neither can he, suck it up

Tell him that your baby needs to eat and if he doesn’t like it, he can stay at home. I’d tell him to suck it up and quit acting like a jerk.

1 Like

Why would he sexualize you feeding your child? And why would he try to slut shame you for feeding your baby? Sounds like he has major issues and if I was you I would get the fuck out while I can.

Go without him. There is nothing wrong with breastfeeding in public, don’t let that keep you stuck at home. You may want to discuss your relationship with him though

1 Like

First off he shouldn’t even be saying its slutty, you’re feeding your child! What’s slutty about that? Also if he thinks it’s so “slutty” I’d probably tell him to stfu tbh. It’s your body and if you feel comfortable nursing in public then to me, his opinion doesn’t matter. He may be your husband but you should do what’s most comfortable to you and your baby. He isn’t the one nursing, tell him to suck it up and get the fuck over it. It’s 2019 stop sexualizing breastfeeding. You are no where in the wrong and he needs to understand that.

Next time he eats put a blanket over his face or have him go sit in the car/restroom and eat his food. People with that mindset are creeps if they sexualize breastfeeding :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Go out to eat without him

2 Likes

Screw him. Your baby needs to eat and no one is looking at your leaky boobs like they’re a sex object, the baby attached is generally not a turn on.

3 Likes

I dare my spouse to do this when it’s time. Of course ill cover for my own comfort but i dareeeeee him too lol

2 Likes

Throw the whole man away.

5 Likes

Well it’s probably because I’m old in my upper 70s 77 to be exact I don’t mind breastfeeding in public is Perfectly Natural but I really would like to see it all covered up I don’t need to see that out in public cuz I don’t really need to see the boobs hanging out in public when they’re not being breastfeeding I like the one that was at the store today who had on a barely waist-length tank top and her boobs hanging out now I don’t like that either but I know it’s natural I just would prefer it her to be covered up or him whichever the case may be

1 Like

I wasn’t successful in breastfeeding, but I could never have imagined my husband speaking to me like this if I had. He would never have called my morals into questions, or implied is I was disrespectful or gross for feeding OUR child wether I had chosen to cover publicly or not. OP’s fiancé has a lot to learn about respect, and how to deal with his own insecurities. If he’s that worried about creeps, maybe he needs to be the one to call them out and publicly shame them for being creeps instead of holding the mother of his child responsible for their behaviour. This guy’s attitude is already worrying enough.

4 Likes

If I was with any guy who told me anything like that I’d dump his ass

Everything about he spoke to you was just flat wrong and if it’s ignored now it will only get worse.
You as mom can and should feed your child anywhere and any way you want, it’s not his or anyone else’s decision.

2 Likes

Well I breastfeed in public and most the time I dont even cover
People dont seem the care

2 Likes

Fuck him!! That’s all

I’d go out and eat by myself with my child and enjoy my meal while I breast feed. ANYONE who is offended can mind their own business, ANYONE who can’t support the way I parent and feed my child naturally can stay home and be unsupportive from there.

3 Likes

Disrespectful and slutty?!?🤦 Is he for real? :persevere::grimacing::roll_eyes:Gross.

How can someone justify thinking that feeding your baby is slutty? I mean come on :unamused:

I wouldnt even say anything about needing to feed the baby. We get there and the kids hungry welp guess what’s gonna happen? :tipping_hand_woman:t3: he doesnt like it tell him to go sit in the car till the baby is done :joy:
I dare anyone to say something to me about feeding my baby. I already had someone ask me if it was appropriate to do it at picknsave. I just looked at them and asked if me feeding my child affected their hands to get what they needed or their feet to walk away. :woman_shrugging:t3: nothing more was said.

2 Likes

I’d be so pissed!!! And I would go eat without him!!! I breastfed everywhere and anytime if my baby was hungry! If we were out to eat and I wanted to eat my husband would hold our son at the breast for me. If people made comments or looked at me he would tell them it’s natural and to f*%k off!

2 Likes

Ditch the a******. You don’t need to be with a man like that.

2 Likes

Tell him it’s ur body and yalls baby is hungry and if they try to say to do it in the bathroom well that’s a breeding ground for germs he’s to controlling and that needs to stop yes there’s creeps but there’s creeps wether u have a blanket over ur boobs or not this is what our body’s were meant to do so screw him go out with out him

1 Like

He wouldn’t be my fiancé any longer.

2 Likes

I always feel so bad for moms who don’t have a good support system from their partners or family. Your baby’s needs come before anyone’s feelings and if a grown ass adult can’t understand that then throw them away. My husband was feistier than I was when it came to me feeding our babies in public. He was always at the ready in case anyone had an issue and supported my choices 100% when it came to when, where and how. I pray for a future where all moms have the same support I did.

to keep him happy, go into the washroom and feed, or go to the vehicle

6 Likes

You can breastfeed where ever you wish.
And if you want to cover for you cover don’t cover for anyone else’s sake

Breastfed anywhere in public and I never ever used a cover

1 Like

Go ahead and tell him that there’s nothing wrong with using your breast to feed your child in public. Where I come from they pull their tits out for 10 cent beads during Mardi gras so I dont see the big freaking deal

2 Likes

I would leave. My baby is so much more important than a man. Even if hes the father.

I’m so sorry that the one person that is supposed to support you didn’t have your back on this. He is ignorant!!

4 Likes

I would also take the baby out on a you and baby dinner date. Fuck him.

You do what you know is right for you and the baby. The baby comes first!! You have every right to be pissed. There is absolutely nothing slutty about breastfeeding. Heck…I would go out to eat without him!!

I feed my son when hes hungry … idgaf where or when. I have a cover and no one sees. If they do then there staring to hard. Tell him to stop sexualizing your breast when they were made to feed your son.

1 Like

I would’ve told him to go fuck himself :confused: it’s feeding a child, yup there are creeps in the world, that doesn’t mean u don’t feed ur child… feeding a child is slutty :confused: wtf…He is disrespectful, he is the one that is viewing it as sexual and he’s wrong for that. He’s kissed? Wow, the audacity… I’d be pissed and refuse to go anywhere, including the child, with him until he adjusts his shit ass attitude. Wish men would be a more open about thier bullshit opinions before we had children with them.

Is it worth the fight

Why is everyone so quick to say leave leave he’s not a cheater not abusing more like concerned lol I’d talk to him hun

A good junk punch should fix his attitude.

2 Likes

Tell him his mother’s a slut. And if he EVER tries to touch your breasts again, I’d slap him clear across his stupid face THWAP

A baby needs to eat too :stuck_out_tongue: end of fight.

I’d say then I guess I’m slutty and I’d feed my baby next time we are out regardless of what he has to say

Nothing slunty about feeding your child, covering up is nice to do for others who get embarrassed.

First of all, it’s legal in all states to breastfeed in public. It is also illegal to tell someone they can’t breastfeed in public. He needs to get over himself and realize that by telling you not to breastfeed in public he’s breaking the law.

2 Likes

Drop him… There is NOTHING wrong with breastfeeding in public. Hell I breastfeed at the park everytime I take my boys… I always try to cover up but my little one loves to look around while eating so it’s 50/50… Go out to eat, have a good time & breastfeed your baby in whatever way YOU are comfortable.

4 Likes

I would dump such an immature and insecure guy. Wow.

1 Like

Um hello its natural for women to breastfeed. It’s how some us feed our children. If he doesn’t like he can leave the table or get the fuck over it. It’s not like your wiping them out for all to see for Gods sake, your feeding your child. He should know the difference.

My ex husband, the biological father to all four of my children didn’t even want me breastfeeding at all. I finally began to disobey him starting with the second child. He’s a sociopath. Control freak. Insecure. Severe abuser. Leave while you can. Any man who has a problem with his own baby being fed is a lunatic and a freak.

2 Likes

He’s definitely wrong for that, but all these people saying “leave him” are just as wrong. Talk to him and find out where the sudden change of mind came from, while letting him know that the baby comes first no matter what he feels. Don’t cover up for him, od course, but he is your husband and child’s father. Figure it out.

4 Likes

Your child being fed is way more important than your fiancee’s feelings. Feed your baby and tell him to shut the hell up.

4 Likes

Must be another one who doesn’t realize that female breasts are multi-purposed and not just for sexual pleasure. Dumb.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with breast feeding in public but I do feel ya should you a cover. My daughter breast feeds at family get togethers and ya dont even realize what she is doing.

3 Likes

I mean, I would do it either way. Baby’s gotta eat🤷‍♀️ can’t nobody tell me what to do with my body and my baby. At least you give him the courtesy of covering up. I can see why you’d be furious. Not cool to try and tell you what you can and can’t do. But. Don’t waste your energy. Feed that baby whenever and however and wherever you see fit. If he got a problem with natures way of feeding our young… he can find himself a door🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

He sounds like a douchebag. Dump him

2 Likes

go out to eat. y yourself and you baby then. he can stay home if he has a problem with it. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Your body, your rules. Think long and hard about a partner who would consider you a slut for feeding your child.

1 Like

They totally have covers for you to wear, literally everywhere, for the most modest of mothers, and make it as discreet as possible. If he flipped out maybe, he had a reason. Love these posts where we have no idea the true circumstance of the issue.

1 Like

A good punch in the nuts he’ll be cool with it in no time. I’d tell him to breastfeed her then baby had to eat too.

2 Likes

Sounds like you two need to work on communication, breastfeeding wasn’t the issue, hint, hint… he wants a night alone with you. Jeez. If you take as far as to never go out to eat again, I’m sure this was your reaction, not his… then that’s immature and again in poor taste as far as communication goes. Talk it out. Figure out the core issue, I guarantee that wasn’t it.

4 Likes

Tell him to quit acting like a child. That’s literally what boobs are for!!!

4 Likes

Slutty and disrespectful for breastfeeding? Huh ? I’d certainly not let that kind of disrespect and rudeness go until I got a damn apology and an explanation for his extreme behavior. You caring for your baby is neither of those things. If he truly supported it then he wouldn’t have got so mouthy. Mmm wonder why hes flipping out ? leave him alone to cool his attitude for a couple days until it can be a civil conversation.

I’d grab my baby and go out to eat without him. That’s how I’d handle it

13 Likes

My husband doesnt like me breastfeeding in public but i do it anyway. As long as your baby is fed and happy thats all that matters.

8 Likes

You cannot stay at home 24/7 for however long you can/want to breastfeed. He will need to get over it. Plus, even if you try to cover, baby may not let you all the time. Maybe buy some breastfeeding tank tops and wear them under your shirt (that’s what I did for a while). That way baby can still see you and you aren’t showing anything. There is nothing wrong with breastfeeding in public covered or not. Baby has got to eat and mama has to get out of the house. Tell your fiancé to deal with it or come up with a solution to his issues himself. Good luck!

2 Likes

Red flag. Break engagement. Leave. This dude is crazy waiting to explode.

4 Likes

Wow, what’s with everyone telling her to leave? No wonder divorce rates are so high! We have no idea what this guy is actually like but most of you have him already tarred and feathered. It sounds that once the emotions/anger has settled, you need to find out what his real problem is because I get the feeling that breastfeeding is not the real problem. Good luck Hon. Just remember that if he is a good guy then it’s worth putting in the effort to work it out. There are an awful lot of assholes out there!

1 Like

What an ass! Doesn’t he realize you’d probably keep it subtle and not stand on the table and shout " fresh milk who wants a sip?!?!" It’s so nerve-wracking when I have to feed my daughter in public, she’s 7 months old and looks all over the place but I’ve done in twice so far. Once while walking through a store and the other at O Charley’s last week. I use the two shirt method. Tell him to grow up!

You should be furious. That’s bullshit! Your baby needs to eat. Her food comes from your boob and anyone who sexualized that is a sicko but that’s their problem not yours!

I guess me &baby would have went out & without the husband & I would have fed my baby. I have breastfed in public with & without a cover. My husband never said a word cause he knew baby had to eat to & at that time, I was the only source of nutrition for each baby.

1 Like

Breasts are sexual? I always thought they were for food…hmmm
Tell him to eat with a cover up. Or better yet, tell him to never go outside with his shirt off cuz ya know…boobs

5 Likes

Well, i think mothers should cover up when breast feeding. There is just to many perverts, sickos out there.and little kids that may not understand
I just feel mother’s should cove up.

2 Likes

I always used a coverup.

1 Like

Wow that’s crazy!!my husband never cared.

1 Like

While he’s embarrassed and looking away, squirt a little into his drink.

6 Likes

Another vote for huge red flag. Throw out the whole man. Eff that guy. He is the one being disrespectful to both you and your baby. I just love everyone saying they always use a cover. Not all babies will eat with a blanket over their face.

3 Likes

Leave because he basically told you not to feed your child out in public all because you breastfeed

Many years ago my family was traveling across the US and I was breastfeeding my 6 wk old baby in a restaurant. I was covered with a blanket. Some older lady said I should feed my baby in the restroom. I told her sure as long as she brings her plate of food in there with us!!

5 Likes