My fiance flipped out on me because I was going to breastfeed in public: Advice?

Not gonna lie i completsly understand his opinion… But i proudly love your decision to at least cover up… I get we women have the right ti public breastfees… But alot of women push it by completely exposing themselves… I get we have the right,but do it respectfully for yourself and others around in my opinion

3 Likes

I was at an indoor playground with my son and there was a mother with a year/year and a half old girl who kept sticking her head under her moms shirt to breastfeed, I never thought anything of it other than breastfeeding, I actually thought it was super cute how she was doing it. Did I see boobs? No. Would it have affected me in any way if I had? Nope. I’m so sick of everyone acting like it’s a problem a woman is using her breasts for their intended purpose!

8 Likes

First off that’s a huge red flag. Narcissistic as well. Second i wouldn’t have even asked his opinion on it or told him you will have to feed your child in public. Literally listen to how ridiculous that sounds.

I had family who did not like the fact i openly breastfed UNCOVERED. They had two choice accept it and learn to support me or don’t come around me while im doing it. Being as he is your SO he should always support you when it comes to things like this. Don’t let this go lightly.

3 Likes

He’s one of the “creeps” in this world…:grimacing:

2 Likes

Tell him he needs to grow up. Nursing your baby is totally natural and nothing to be ashamed of.

2 Likes

He clearly has some deep seeded issues. I cant imagine continuing a relationship with someone who thinks of breastfeeding as “slutty”.

Break up with a guy because he wants men to not look at his woman… Seriously??? He is just protecting you and breast pump for public and keep it private… Breastfeeding in public is not bad, he should know that. But I can see his reasoning there are a lot of judgmental people and men that will look where they shouldnt! Pumping is a good option for public! If you want to marry him you gotta consider his feelings and he’s gotta consider yours. He has a point, however don’t leave him over this. It is literally a small miniscule issue that you can resolve. If you can’t resolve this than you shouldn’t marry him!

2 Likes

I would punch him in the throat.

3 Likes

Sounds like abuse to me. Calling you slutty? Really that’s uncalled for. Being uncomfortable is one thing but wow. Breastfeeding is natural. Not sexual. Yes there are creeps in this world, but really, you said you would cover.

When my baby daddy pulled that crap with me I flipped out saying one I’m feeding our child two this is my fucking body and three fuck off. That jus me though I’m a fighter for breastfeeding in public. Cover or no cover. My bd learned quick either learn to live with it or keep ur mouth shut were his only 2 options

spray it in his face in public, really piss him off :joy:

Do it respectfully and not show everything.

2 Likes

I got so good at doing it in public that I didn’t have to cover up and no one every knew. I’ve never agreed with showing my boobs and you don’t have to if your discreet. I never liked to hide the baby and I would think it would be stuffy being under a cover but if you practice at home lifting your shirt in such a way that baby’s face goes with it to hide the boob then no one sees and baby is happy, but with that I would still carry some that was pumped just in case it was needed.

2 Likes

Omg. What ia up with people sexualizing breastfeeding. Thats what they were made for. Throw him out and feed the baby

6 Likes

Tell him to grow up and to grow a pair he should support you and not act like a baby himself

3 Likes

Why argue? If he feels disturbed, can’t you pump ahead and put it in a bottle? There are many who feel uncomfortable with public breastfeeding. Wld it kill you to bottle feed in public? This a problem in this country. My way or the highway and look at how our country is functioning.

12 Likes

I would literally not have had a life for the last year. My baby is almost a year and has always breastfed a lot. He wont take a bottle or allow me to cover.

2 Likes

He’s a dick. Fair enough if he isn’t comfortable with it. Irs called discussing it. Not losing your shit and throwing insults and making you feel like shit. He needs to grow up

So why can’t you feed the baby before you enter a diner. Put baby on schedule so baby does not interrupt any dinners with your fiance. I’m sure your man would like your full attention.

11 Likes

What about feeding a baby is slutty?!

Sexualizing breastfeeding is a red flag.

7 Likes

Just go out by yourselves. You and the baby

5 Likes

It’s a natural thing to feed your child. Never be ashamed or embarrassed. I was told horrible things when I was breastfeeding feeding my child. By the bio pos I’m sorry your going through that. Stay strong your the momma you know what’s rite. Btw get out ASAP

4 Likes

Ditch him, he’s a dick

9 Likes

Heres the advice, slap his effing face, tell him if he does this again hes gonna get a head butt because hes an inferior piece of shit. Its natural…unreal…

2 Likes

I would ask how a baby eating was slutty. Why he would sexualize his child like that is sickening. I would take myself out to eat and send him photos of me eating AND breastfeeding in public. Along with a few :fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu: gtfoh

Take your baby, go out to eat without him.

12 Likes

Tell the hubby it’s disrespectful and slutty to have a tiny dick :woman_shrugging:t2: and that you’ll be feeding your babe whether he likes it or not. And then go out for food without him

Wtf?! I personally HATED feeding in public due to creeps and child pedo possibly being around…but he’d be GONE in my book after that. I’m not one for throwing in the towel but wtf is all I can say. I covered each time but if you don’t it’s not slutty. This is why I hate things like playboy etc. Because that’s what boobs are viewed as instead of for a child.

Wow ignorant I wouldn’t marry him control freak

4 Likes

I would have kicked his ass. You’re feeding a baby. It’s not sexual, any person who says so is a freak. You need to get yourself a more supportive baby daddy

You should not feel ashamed. Breasts are there to feed children. You guys can go out to eat but if your baby gets hungry they have to starve?? No. If that baby is hungry and you’re comfortable feeding it in public then do it. You do not have to take a bottle out with you and you should not be yelled at for needing to feed his child. And anyone who says anything to you about feeding your baby in public is a child themselves. The people on here telling you to take a bottle or to put your baby on a schedule are wrong. Don’t listen to them. What’s wrong with this world is that people sexualize breasts and women’s bodies so much that we can’t feed our children without getting dirty looks or being told we’re disgusting or sluts. When my son is hungry and I don’t have anymore milk in the bottle that I took with me I will gladly whip out a titty and put him right on there and I honestly wait for someone to say something to me about it. Feed your baby mo matter where or when. And if he doesn’t like it go out without him. You and that baby come first.

Omg that’s ridiculous, if your bubs is hungry when your out you feed them! And you said you would cover up…I don’t see why that would be a issue your doing the best for your baby.

2 Likes

Chuck his ignorant ass in the bin :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’d feed his ungrateful ass under a sheet for a month and see how his ass likes it! He has a problem that will never go away! Leave his sorry ass!!!

He should be a lot more supportive my husband hid the bottle of expressed milk so I had no choice to feed our daughter in public he snapped this photo and posted it online aswell told me how proud and protective it made him feel :purple_heart:

12 Likes

my breastfeed in the car, if it makes u feel more comfortable, I do and it makes me feel safe knowing no one can watch and no one can hurt us, (just a fear I have)

I think if he requested that you cover, that would be one thing but to freak out even after covering? That’s not ok. Either way it’s your choice even though I think covering is best, you have the right to not cover. Practice feeding with a cover. Layer tank tops. Do whatever you need to to feed your baby and tell him where to shove it.

Sounds as though he is a huge bit insecure. Maybe he is one the men he is referring to who creeps on women when they breast feed in public. It’s his issue he needs to figure out. If you are being private out of respect for him and there is still an issue. See if you can communicate about it and possibly find out where his issue is coming from. You’re doing nothing wrong and if you don’t pump and bottle feed another time then it’s not fair to your baby. That’s what is important.

1 Like

What a dick… First off breast feeding is so fucking natural how dare him especially say its slutty if my husband ever said some shit like that id slap him nothing slutty about it that makes me furious🔥

I’d go sit on the garden front and breastfeed till my heart was content. Hate being told what I can and cant do. And after breastfeeding for 20 months, including in public, I can assure you that other people do not care!! In fact some other mothers will feel pride at seeing you breastfeeding in public. It is not slutty or disgusting. It’s a natural thing and your boyfriend is an ass.

Feed the baby whenever he ,/ she is hungry and than go out,what’s your problem?, I breastfeed my daughters for a year each ,and still I wouldn’t like to watch you breastfeeding your kid while I am eating out at a restaurant

5 Likes

You are being selfish and not smart about this, breastfeeding is private between you and your baby,nobody else needs to watch ,unless you want to tell people "look what a good mother I am ,I breastfed my kid

12 Likes

Breastfeeding is not sexual in any way, shape or form. The fact that he calls it slutty is a big red flag to me! I would literally ignore his ridiculousness. Feed you baby. Wherever, whenever they need feeding. He sounds a tad controlling to me. It’s your body that’s gonna be ‘on show’ si it’s your choice, cover, dont cover, it’s up to you. Not him xx

Nursing your baby is not slutty. That’s awful of him to say that.
When I nursed my daughter I wore a vest under my top. One went up the other down. So my nipple just went threw the gap. Not many people realised or commented. I was once doing it and an older lady came over and started saying how beautiful she was and stroked her head. Asked to see “that beautiful face properly” she hadn’t realised my nipple was in her mouth.

It’s your body, your choice. Please dont spend your nursing time hiding in your home. Motherhood is hard enough without you being a prisoner in your own home. Due to his issues

Go out to eat yourself like who thinks breastfeeding is slitting? I’d tell him get some respect for one you and one for your child who would be hungry x

2 Likes

Get rid of him, what a ridiculous attitude

6 Likes

I would have put my baby in the car and gone without him and Emailed him some educational material to read while I was gone

7 Likes

Tell him to fuck off and get his god damn hormones in check.

He’s an ass. Without saying anything go out without formula and when baby gets hungry lets see what he does

What a piece of shit the fact that u tolerate it says a lot

Take the babe and go for dinner without him.

6 Likes

Feed your baby when baby is hungry! Don’t let him make you feel bad your boobs literally were made to feed your baby.

5 Likes

I’d consider if there are other means in which he is this controlling and easily provoked. :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:And also fed my baby.

6 Likes

My boobs my baby my rules. When he grows a baby in his belly he can feed his anyway he wants where ever he wants. Until then I get to make the feeding rules as long as Im supplying the food.

4 Likes

Tell him to shove his opinion up his ass breastfeeding is one of the most natural thing a woman can do I feed everywhere and dont worry about creeps in the years iv breastfed IV gotten only one nasty comment I have gotten a few dirty looks if my so is with me and sees people staring he stares back without blinking until they stop

Why are you being held responsible for other people being creeps? How is feeding your child slutty or disrespectful? I get the feeling he’s one of those guys that thinks a woman deserves whatever happens to her depending on what she wears. Honestly, I’d tell him to deal with it, then maybe go out to eat alone.

You shouldn’t have to deal with that. Hes part of the problem by saying your slutty over it… if it’s not this it will be something else in the future I’m sure. I dont know what advice to really give because not everything should be a deal breaker and walking out on a relationship but he needs to get it in his head that it’s not slutty and that this your baby eating and your not going to the nasty dirty bathroom to feed the baby and you also arent gonna not ever go out with your child so if he dont want to go with you , you will go with friends or family or something . I’ve gone to apple bees and other places and have fed my baby. I usually didn’t cover up. But when it came to there I did but only bc theres so many people and I felt uncomfortable with it

Lose the fiance. You don’t that kind of non support in your life.

3 Likes

When I could breastfeed I fed at a restaurants and noone looked twice…

3 Likes

Do it anyways because it’s for your baby. No one else. If anything, He should be supportive.

3 Likes

I would never let a man tell me I couldn’t feed my child lol wtf? :rofl::joy:

7 Likes

Sounds like he has issues.

1 Like

I would be angry too. He is insecure. Feeding your kid is like the least sexual thing you could do. It’s the best thing you could do for your kid. Don’t give in either he is going to need to get used to it or leave.

2 Likes

Tell him he is being a dick for calling you a slut and a weak coward for not being able to handle you feeding your child. After all if someone stares it is his job in that position to stop them from staring not you from feeding your baby.

Feed your baby and dump this clown. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Cover or no cover, feed your baby and get rid of him. https://www.krqe.com/news/crime/new-mexico-man-who-attacked-wife-in-maternity-ward-strikes-plea-deal/

1 Like

FEED YOUR BABY.

Ditch the psycho man.

1 Like

Just ignore him and do what you need to. His reaction is really weird. Is he controlling in other ways?

I would tell him that if he has a problem with you feeding his child he can take a hike.

1 Like

You are going to marry him?

As a single mom I breastfed my son when he was hungry. What a blessing. I nursed him everywhere! Of course I covered. Duh! Blessing I bought a washing machine with money I saved by not buying formula.
Anyway my dad asked when I was going to stop. I told him when he went to college I guess I would have to stop. I was kidding, but he never said another word and P weaned himself in a few months.

Let things calm down and go talk to him. It could be just how he was raised. He’s not a psycho for not wanting everyone to see your chest… He does have point… Some sicko could take what you are doing the wrong way and try something… Please do remember the world we live in today and all the violence and people being kidnapped and murdered. He’s not the bad guy… Just hell him understand better and compromise!!! That’s how relationships/engagements/marriages work… COMMUNICATION AND COMPROMISE!!!

I think this goes a little deeper than the ladies are looking at here dump him no that’s not the answer he’s looking at you as his woman your breasts to him are still his he considers them a beautiful part of you that he doesn’t want anyone else to see sure he was fine with it in the beginning because yes it’s for the baby but he also is noting that other people can see and he doesn’t want that so just reassure him that you’ll cover up went out in public we just trying to keep the whole family happy and maybe talk to him about it too now that the fight is over and see if he can’t voice this is the reasoning behind the upset

1 Like

Uh! He’s legit stupid and crazy- a man like that will eventually turn into a controlling emotionally abusive asshole!

Go out with or without him. Never shut down from living because of another person.

1 Like

“Disrespectful and slutty”??? That doesn’t even make any sense! Does he think you were going to take your shirt and bra off and have your breasts flopping around in other guys faces??? :joy:
He sounds very ignorant and controlling. I’d take this as a sign this relationship is not going to turn out good.
If you choose to stay with this guy be on alert. If his attitude gets worse… and I’m thinking it will. please get out. Good luck to you and that new baby! :pray:

Feed your baby. In Ontario, Canada Women can walk around topless in public if they want and feel brave enough. Women shouldn’t be degraded because our nipples have extra skin and fat then men do and our nipples have a reason where men’s don’t. Boobs are boobs just skin, they are full for when babies need to feed. Grown ass men who think they rely on looking and grabbing boobs need to take the hike. This supposedly man is acting like a child never got what they want… It’s boobs to feed babies for crying out loud!!!