My fiance is way older than me but I want a baby: Advice?

Men can have babies up until death…so yes, it’s possible. Their sperm count might decrease, but it’s still possible to father a child

Its definitely possible. Maybe IVF if it isn’t happening in the timeline y’all prefer but that’s not 100 percent either. Best of luck

Go for it I’m 41 and my girlfriend’s 20 don’t let anybody talk you out of it if you guys are happy and you guys want kids to go for it like all the comments of reading go for it don’t worry about how old are you going to be in 18 years or 20 years and so forth just live your life

3 Likes

My fiance is 57 I am in my young 20s. We have a just turned three year old and a one year old. Very healthy. Very happy family

1 Like

My friends dad was like 64 when he got her mom pregnant. You can definitely still get pregnant by him, but if definitely suggest having him go into a doctor for a sperm count to be dont to make sure he doesn’t just got blanks and you get your hopes up.
You can get pregnant with PCOS, it’s just alittle more difficult to do and the pregnancy itself might be hard. It’ll probably be a lot of tracking periods, ovulation days and ovulation tests

I’m 38 and my fiancée is 52, we have a 3 year old.

2 Likes

A friend of mine was his sparring partner, he told me Rocky would punch you on the soles of your feet, if he that what you gave him…

I didn’t have my first bio child till I was 36 im 46 now and they are 11 and 10 now lol I wouldn’t change a thing baby girl

I sort of had the same situation I was 20 the guy I was with was 50 he had a vasectomy and he had three sons I had nothing done to me I was the mother to a son and a daughter all the sudden after we’ve been together almost 10 years he talks me and persuades me into getting my tubes tied and burnt and cut and it never did sink in that I might want a baby again sometime then I couldn’t if you have a chance and God is going to let you it’ll happen he’ll send you an angel just don’t stress about it because that will go against you getting pregnant just stay calm don’t think about it because we all know if you think about it it’s never going to happen but if you let go of it and forget it it’ll happen

My fiancé is 47 and I was 28 when we conceived our twins! So it’s very possible :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My dad will be 60 in December and my youngest brother is 12.

1 Like

My daughter’s husband is 58 and their daughter just turned 2 ,everything is absolutely perfect, stop worrying about things like age and enjoy life we all could be gone tomorrow. Just because he’s older doesn’t mean he will die before you or anyone else, grab life by the horns and run to your happiness :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

My dad had his last kid at 48. Clint eastwood had kids in his 70s! Its possible lol.

3 Likes

I’m 34 and my husband is 57. We have an almost 7 year old and a 5 year old. It’s definitely possible.

My dad was 56 when he got my mom pg with my brother.

I am 30 and my husband is 44. We have a 6yr old (mine from my previous marriage and he’s no longer around) and we just had our daughter who is almost 2months old. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 20. It took over 2 years to conceive my son and only 5 months for my daughter. I discovered with my son that losing weight and being healthy was a big part to conceiving so I did the same while trying for our daughter. I recommend using ovulation tests to find when you ovulate (take out the guess-work) and start pre-natal vitamins if you haven’t already. They helped significantly when trying for her. PCOS makes it extremely hard, but it is possible! They say once you’ve been pregnant, it’s easier to get pregnant again after. Just don’t give up!

1 Like

I was 49 when my youngest was born. It will keep him active. Each life is a blessing.

1 Like

My husband was 54 & 57 when we had our 2 kids. It is definitely possible

Im 42 my husband is 50 we been together and married 10 yrs we have a 9,8,6,5,and a 2yr old 🤷

My husband is 51, and we have small children. We also haven’t decided we’re finished having children. Go for it. :heart:

1 Like

He isn’t having the baby

16 years between my partner and me I also have pcos took 8 years to get pregnant with our daughter

My uncle had twins at 60.

1 Like

His age is fine. Go for it

I was 36 & husband 45 when we had our lil girl. My bonus son is about to be 22. Hubby says our lil girl keeps him young. It’s always possible if it’s what’s suppose to happen.

My uncle was 58 when my cousin was born. He lived to be 89 and was a big part of his life to the end and was a fantastic father.

My boyfriend is 42 and we just had our first child together Tuesday. I have a 10 and 8 year old from previous marriage. I’m 32.

One of my good friends dad had a baby at 62 he is now 83

When the hell did 52 get to be too old to father a child my father n law was 60 and fathered a child and you are what omg get a life.

1 Like

Men can have babies forever if he’s happy to be an older dad then go for it x

My dad had a baby at 62!!! Sadly he died at 68. My lil brother deserved more time with his dad. Pic of my dad, my daughter and my lil brother

3 Likes

My husband was 47 and 49 with our kids…they are 4 and 6 now. They keep him young.

My husband and I have a 19 year age gap. We have been together for 17 years.! We have a 3 and 4 year old, he is 54 and I am 35.
He is an amazing father.! Whatever God has planned for us I know our children were not a mistake. They are gifts from above and we both feel that way.!
Best of luck!

I have PCOS I have 2 kids and had twins that I miscarried with my last baby we were pregnant 6 weeks after we started trying

Men, assuming they are healthy, can father a child into their 80s. We have a dear friend who married his 4th wife in his late 40s and fathered a child with her in his early 50s. Their daughter graduated college last year. Her dad has been there for her every step of the way.

1 Like

As long as he is fine with being the oldest parent at graduation it’s okay. Do what makes you guys happy. As far as PCOS I have 3 children and have PCOS. Always talk to your doc about risks and possible complications.

1 Like

My husband was 51 with my first and 52 with my second. I was 38 and 40. It’s definitely possible!

1 Like

I have endo and pcos and am 38 and am 22 wks, this will be my fourth. My ex was 50 when he found out with my third. He does very well as a parent and loves his child the same as someone younger, as long as the person is a good parent and wants children that part will rock and his age well that would be up to him but my ex does well and he’s 54 now

2 Likes

Definitely it too old! Hell 50 is the new 30! Ok maybe not 30, but definitely the new 40!

You’re only as old as you feel.
Has he slowed or started to slow down yet? Movements, motivation to get up and go?? If not, shoot go for it​:muscle:t5::100::footprints::baby:t2: but beeee sure.:smirk:how quick we forget it’s not a walk in the park having a newborn.
And your (6) yr old is pretty self sufficient. :joy: I mean she can use the bathroom on her own and prob damn near make a sandwich :rofl:
Be sure sure love​:ok_hand:t5::heavy_heart_exclamation::100:

I have PCOS and it gets easier to get pregnant as you get older. I never had an unmedicated period from when I was 19 until 35. I used clomid and femara for my first 3 pregnancies. When I was 35, I ovulated on my own for the first time in 15 years(didn’t even know it) and ended up pregnant. I’m 45 now and for the past 10 years my period is like clockwork .

My FIL was 51 when my husband was born. And is 89 now enjoying his grandchildren. Any thing is possible. If it is meant to be it will happen. I would not let age stop you from anything.

1 Like

Some men can have kids even in their 80’s…

1 Like

Most men can have kids until they croak and several hundred a year if they wanted.

1 Like

My youngests child’s dad was a couple months shy of 47 when we conceived her. :tipping_hand_woman:I know that’s 5 years difference from your husband but it’s not too far off.

1 Like

Makes are fertile well past 52, and my solid support for you would be to both get physicals to determine fertility, that’s about as solid of support I have today!

I wouldn’t but that’s just me. He’s not gonna have the energy it takes to keep up with a toddler. My husband is 38 and we just had a baby and he keeps up with him but at the end of the day he is beat.

4 Likes

Everyone is going to have their own opinion, I think if you both are wanting a child and in good health go for it. My dad died when he was 40, I was 10 age is not the only factor in death. I cherish the 10 years I had with him. My kids dad is alive and well and hasn’t been around in 17 years, and he isn’t even 40. Age doesnt make a dad, being a good person makes a dad. You do what is best for your family.

6 Likes

I’m in my mid 30s and my husband is 52 and we are currently pregnant my third his second our first we are as young as we feel and old as we want to be yes I have concerns but life isn’t always guaranteed when your time is up it’s up enjoy life and make it your own happiness

Im 19 almost 20 and my dad is in his 70s. He’s so old and just … declining. My little sister is only 14. I worry he’ll pass before she even graduates high school. I don’t want my dad to die while I’m still so young. I don’t want my little sister to be a teen without a father. It’s just selfish having kids so old both in my opinion and in my experience.

85 Likes

My mom died when I was in my 20s and she was only in her fifties. You never know someone’s time. Some people are still thriving well into their eighties. If you want a child to care and love and are open to it, there’s thousands in the fostercare system :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Why are there laughing reacts, Age is just a number if you’re in love and he takes good care of you and respects you which he obviously does. I say go for it. A child just needs a loving family and to be taken care of. It’s your life not anyone else’s

4 Likes

If you’re saying he would do anything to have a child of his own, which is how I read this, I’m sure he’s put thought into that himself. And he’s already helping raise your child as his own. You’re worried about his age being a factor for a new child, but isn’t it already a factor for the young child you already have? If you’re not worried how it’ll affect your current child, what would a few years age difference make in this case? As far as health reasons go, talk to a doctor.

6 Likes

I would talk to you doctor about the age thing but people have kids at all ages

I think it’s more of the women being older that’s harder but I could be wrong

If he willing to commit to being a older dad and is ok with the responsibility then I would say yes have a child for sure you only live once

If y’all both want more kids then go for it! Sounds like he’s a great man, so that child will be lucky to have y’all

This totally depends on your husbands HEALTH, not age. Some 70 year olds are healthier & more active than me at 35. If he is not purposely active, & keeps himself fit & healthy, then I do t think you should be concerned. If he is not one of those people, then your concerns are perfect valid.

My dad is 59 and his girlfriend is in her thirties. They just had a baby last year that will be one on July 28th. It’s much easier for older men to have a baby than it is for an older women, at least in my opinion 🤷 to answer your question though, it is possible!

Age is but a number and 70 isnt to old I had a friend with an older dad that age. He was very healthy and could usually keep up with us and the other “younger dads”

I was born when my dad was 52. And my little brother was born 7 years later. People always assumed he was our grandfather instead of our dad lol, but that was really the only thing about his age that stuck out.

My parents had an 18 year age gap. My Mom was 41 when she had me and my Dad was 59. My Dad died at 69. My entire life changed. I was never the same. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Give the child you have the best life they can have until they are living their own lives and then go travel with your husband. :black_heart: it’s not fair to the kids. My Mom is 67 now and I worry every day if she’ll ever get to see my kids grow to be adults or even teenagers 🥲

My dad has 52 when my brother was born. He is now 19 and my dad is almost 71. They are the best of buds.

Age doesn’t matter. You never know how long someone is going to live. I lost my dad at 21 years old and he was 54. I lost my mom last year unexpectedly the day before my son was born. I was 26 and she was 60. But one grandma lived to 80 and my other grandparents are still alive at 89 and 91. If age alone is your only concern don’t let it worry you. Tomorrow is not promised but it could be a big regret down the road if you don’t try.

He can produce and still a good chance of getting pregnant. The timeline is the hardest part to get through. I would go for it

Each person bases their opinions and life choices on personal experiences and we cannot make this life changing decision for you. Speak to your partner and your doctor and listen to what your heart is telling you. I wish you the best and all the happiness.

I’ve heard of guys well into their 70s getting girls pregnant. But if it would ease your mind, you could always see a doctor to have his sperm evaluated for motility and everything.

If he wants a baby and you want a baby and you’re both capable of taking care of and raising a child…then go for it!

Age doesn’t matter if you both agree; anyone can die at any time. My daughter is 19, and her best friend’s dad is in his 70’s and mom is in her 50’s. All you can do is your best to stay healthy. There are no guarantees in this life.

My mom was 47 and my step dad 58 when they had my younger sister, she is now 3. We couldn’t imagine life without my little sister so if it’s meant to be it will be. Both my mom and step dad have more kids the oldest being 22 and I 21, we are happy big family.

I would suggest a realistic and open talk with your fiancé. We all have had baby fever as our kiddos start getting out of the baby stage. But it’s a financial/time/energy commitment to raise babies… what are your hopes and plans for the next five years or ten…. Did you hope to travel or retire… who’s going to handle child care… if he’s retired is that awesome because he’s home to watch the baby or is that not something he will feel comfortable doing… maybe too many lifetime movies but have you checked out his past history with kids… everyone can give their opinion but you guys lives and plans and dreams are specific to your family. If you decide it’s a go - it will happen if it’s meant to be. Prayers sent your way for peace and happiness either way.

I am 42 and WORRY DAILY about losing my parents. My daughter just turned 20, and lost her father when she was only 15… point is, losing a parent is devastating no matter what age you are. My own PERSONAL opinion is that I wouldn’t want to have a baby knowing the risk of losing a parent while the child is young is so high. BUT… death can occur at any time, regardless of age. So, it truly is just something you and your husband need to discuss realistically to decide. Consider and openly discuss EVERYTHING… How will you care for the child if he should pass while child is a minor… how will you handle health issues should they arise while raising a small child… mental decline and how that could factor in… etc. As long as you both fully discuss the possibilities and are on solid ground of how to move forward with any situation (regardless if he is older, these things need to be addressed by anyone wanting to be a parent), then age shouldn’t be a deterrent.
Wish you the best and love to you and your family :heart::hugs:

okay so I was a product of having an older parent. here’s my experience. my father was 59 when I was born . he was retired so my mom.worked and he stayed home. also childhood . we were very close . I did get teased for having an older dad. kids were awful telling me he was gonna die ect he looks like a grampa. he was very involved. fast forward to when I was 15. he died . he was in his 74th year . he had lung cancer ,had multiple heart attacks growing up.had an anerisim behind his heart for about 5 years . his last year he was very sick . it traumatized me. while my mom worked I took care of him. me personally I don’t think it’s fair to the child. yes I know u can’t control sickness /people can die any age .but in all fairness they knew he wouldn’t be around for late milestones. and for that I personally wouod not… I still haven’t gotten over it. it is ur choice tho and just remember those big events graduations/marraiges/ect that he may not be around to see his child.

My parents had a 10 year age difference. My mom would be 62 and my dad is 72! One of my friends parents growing up had a 20 year difference. Age is just a number.

Me and my boyfriend are 19 years apart we have a 3.5 year old and talk about have another one. But you have to do what’s best for you and your family!

Bottom line it comes down to what you and your husband decide. I’ve heard of women having trouble getting pregnant with pcos. Men are fertile until the day they die. Their count may go down but they aren’t like women, women lose all their eggs by a certain age and aren’t fertile after that. Honestly, you’d have to decide and then when you decide see your doctor, see what they think about if it would work.

I’ve dealt with the worry of the possibility of not being able to get pregnant not only due to my uterus being tilted but because I’m 18 and my fiance is 28. I wasn’t worried that he was unfirtile I was worried he would think he was to old to have kids. Honey if both of you are capable of having kids and you both want them to for it!

My hubby is 65 and I’m 44. I have a 16 and 13 yr old from a previous relationship and he has raised them as his own. We have also just adopted a 3.5 yr old and a newborn together. It would have been possible for him to have children but I can not. He is the most amazing father to our kids. I would t have it any other way.
I say go for it if it is something you both want. Good luck with your decision.

1 Like

The father of my child was 41 when our daughter was born and I was 28. I also have PCOS and was on a “time crunch” to get pregnant.

If you both want a baby and you are both healthy then go for it. People unfortunately die at all ages so to me that’s not a factor.
Do what is best for both of you :slight_smile:

My father was 57 when I was born…but life can go off course…And my mom who was 33 when I was born died when I was only a month old leaving my much older father to raise me. He was developing alzheimers when I entered high school and by my senior year I was begging for help with him and ignored and many thought I was just being a teenage brat who wasn’t getting my way with my father when I tried to get doctors to believe me that something was very wrong with him. He went into a nursing home when I was 19 and died when I was 21. I essentially raised myself from about 14 on up…

My daughter has pcos and was told by multiple doctors that a chance of pregnancy is very slim bc of the diagnosis. My grand baby is 4 and they have been trying for 2 years with no luck. Good luck bc that pcos is horrible

My dad got remarried to a younger woman and had a baby with her at 62. My brother is 16, my dad will be 78. If it’s meant to be, then go for it :slight_smile:

I’m 34 and hes 55… our new baby is 1 month old. My son is 13. And any of us can die at any time. Not at 70… at ANY time. Any of us. And he is the happiest I’ve ever seen him! He is crazy about his little girl. :blue_heart::black_heart::orange_heart: and his grandfather is 103… if a man has his shit together and loves you, calls you HIS best friend… girl have his baby! :blue_heart::black_heart::orange_heart:

My dad was 50 when I was born. He had zero regrets! Go for it

I was 32 and husband was 51 when we got pregnant for my son. My only concern is that something will happen to him before our youngest graduates.

my sister turned 43 this year & i’m 22. my oldest nephew is older than me😂 my parents are in their late 50’s. do whatever you want to do.

Honestly, if y’all feel able and confident, then go for it! My husband and I have a larger age gap. We are only a couple months short of 17 years apart. I had a child before we got together, and he also had none, but raises my daughter like his own. We both wanted another one, and decided to go for it. In March 2019, we had a little boy. I was 21(turning 22) and my husband was 39 (turning 40). When our son turns 18, I will be turning 40 and my husband will be turning 57. We are both super excited to have our boy and watch him grow. :heart:

My mom died when I was 17 from a motorcycle accident… She was 47. You can cross the road tomorrow and died hit by a car. So for me honestly it will be a matter of if I want a baby with him or not.

Age really don’t matter. At ALL.
For the people taking about bring young and having “old declining parents” well, people die at all ages at any given time. Come on now, not everyone makes it to be old. I was 28 years old when I was told my dad had liver failure and has 10 weeks tops to live. He was 49 years old and lived a whole 11 weeks after being told that. I’m 31 now and will live the rest of my life with no dad. Death comes at any age.

My dad died at 38. We never know when it’s going to be our time, and to be completely honest, life is too short to not do what makes you happy. Tomorrow isn’t promised to any of us.

My husband is about to turn 49, I am 34. Sometimes he worries about his age but ultimately we made the decision to try. Do to some personal things, we are having to pursue IVF but we will continue to pursue our dream of a family

My husband and I have a 1 year old. He was 52 when he was born and I was 34. We are thinking about another one in the next year and he could be 54/55 when that child would be born

I think if you are both wanting a child now is the time. You can’t predict the future, any of us could die or get sick tomorrow, or have long healthy lives from this point. My dad is in his 70s and still in great health, if your fiancé is a good dad to your current child I see no reason not to try.

I personally wouldn’t, but y’all have to decide on your own. I say I wouldn’t bc I had an older dad. He started having health problems when I was a preteen. He declined quickly, and died when I was 14, at the age of 59. It literally broke me. I didn’t have much time with him, and I went through a guilty stage of feeling like I didn’t spend enough time with him. I had rather spend time with my friends, not boring, old dad. I regret that to this day. He would have been 74 this year. I’ll be 29. My high school best friend went through almost the same thing, at the age of 13. Again, it’s all you guys decision. Maybe get him a check up and ask his doctor.

My fiancé is nearing 50 and our little guy is 1… it’s possible, also depends on his health right now… is he well enough to help with baby? Run and play with baby? Wake up at night with baby?

My parents were 35 and 40 when they had me, and 39 and 44 when they had my sister. I do worry about losing them young, but they’re still around at 65 and 69! They have a great relationship with my kids and we’re amazing parents growing up. The only set back is that I will lose them far before I’m ready, but I don’t think you’re ever ready for that, you know? Oh and all my friends in high school assumed they were my grandparents all the time lol.

My husband was 52 and I was 38 when we had out last one. It’s definitely tiring but we have a happy and healthy almost 6 year old right now.

Yes yes yes. Go for it. I know a set of , at the time, 52 year old couple, that came up pregnant naturally. Perfect little boy. They had 32 & 34 year old children that had children if their own. They couldn’t imagine not having him in their life. If he wants one also then go for it. If its dying when they are just coming of age that worries you then get active and healthy. The fact is that life isnt gaurranteed at any age. My husband’s first wife passed suddenly at 28 and left behind a 6yr old. A child is a gift and a joy regardless of age.

Please go for it or you’ll regret when the tunes comes that you can’t Have them. Go on have your baby and may God’s favor be with you all

Goodness .I say if you want a child have one …knowone in this world is promised tomorrow so do what you want now …if your 20 or 50 who knows about tomorrow

My parents were 40 when they had me and my mom had her 1st when she was 18. My brother and his wife had a child when my brother was 44, when I was a kid our neighbor was over 50 when he and his wife had a baby.
The only issue I see personally is that the older parent won’t have as much time watching their child grow into an adult as they are getting older. My mom died at age 57, I was 16 and hadn’t graduated high-school yet. My dad passed at age of 74 in 2017. As he aged I was taking more responsibility of taking care of him and I was okay with that because that’s what I grew up and was raised around.
If you all want a baby then I say go for it!

I’m almost 50 with an almost 10 year old, his Dad is 59. It’s trying at times, but he keeps us young ! Good luck to you :blush:

My dad was 45 when he had me…he is now 89. Sure I wish he was younger so I could have him longer…but that is never guaranteed. I lost 2 great friends in the past year one was 49 & the other early 50’s they both left children behind, you just never know