My fiance stays up all night playing games with a girl he met online: Advice?

Become a “gamer girl” yourself, and play the same “game” he’s playing, but with a different player.

1 Like

So…Usually if there’s issues like this before marriage it doesn’t get any better after marriage, it gets worse. I’d definitely think twice before passing the fiancé title.

5 Likes

Find a man not a boy , he just wants you to take care of him and touch his pp

8 Likes

If he’s that bad and you’ve tried working on it, leave him. He’s not a man. He’s a boy

5 Likes

Run. Nobody has the right to call you names or act as if “helping you” with HIS child is such an annoyance. He’s a parent also. Just RUN, it doesn’t get any better.

3 Likes

Leave him. But first you gotta find out his social security number and get him on Child Support ASAP. Men like this never change, EVER. Thats because he isnt an actual man yet, he is an over grown child himself. Take pictures and sneak recording videos of any and all of his bullcrap as evidence. Also save any texts and record phone calls. You never know when you are going to have to prove that he is turd. You need to focus on whats best for your baby and yourself. Unhappy moms raise unhappy kids who grow up to be like their crappy parents. Dont let this make you a crappy mom. Rise above and Shine on Little Sister! You got this!

Calling you names and you put up with that? Doesn’t want to be a family from what you say…why waste your time with someone that treats you like that? You do not deserve this!!! Run away now so your child doesn’t have to grow up in an loved family.

2 Likes

Why are you still there if he’s that awful? Leave him and find better.

2 Likes

You need to leave. Name calling is not love.

1 Like

First of all, which game is it?

3 Likes

If you’re not ready to leave, at the very least DONT marry him… if you want to give him a chance to “grow up” you can but it might be miserable. Maybe leave for a while and see if he comes to his senses… if he doesn’t it’s his loss not yours. Hold yourself to a higher standard

2 Likes

Take your baby and RUNNNNNN :running_woman:

If he doesn’t want to participate in the family that he created and you have to beg for time and attention, parent alone, and get treated like sh*t then honestly you’re better off alone. He has yet to grow up and personally I feel two kids in he definitely should have by now. Learn your worth and don’t settle for less than you deserve.

7 Likes

Why do you all keep procreating with these onions and then wondering why things are terrible? I’m not saying you deserve this but why?! Just leave him, we all know that’s the only reasonable answer. You don’t need thousands of strangers to tell you this.

7 Likes

I know you may not be able to just leave with two little kids. However give an ultimatum. You cannot change someone or expect hom to change bc you have kids. You can always tell him to leave he will probably get up to 45 days if you live together and file child support.

He’s already left the relationship, your turn.

13 Likes

Run,don’t walk away from this jersey.He is degrading you with his words and actions.He is not in it for the long haul.Sorry you are being treated so badly.

Gaming can often be a form of escapism and a coping mechanism for some people, I would potentially look into joint counselling to see if there’s an underlying reason he is hiding in games and not present. I only say this as I used to be the same when I was younger. Either way communication and team work needs to improve, you have kids together so I always recommend working on it rather than walking away at the first hurdle.
Wishing you the best of luck xx

2 Likes

Best advice you’ll ever get is to leave him.

2 Likes

Leave or kick him out. It will never get better. You deserve so much more. They will never change!

4 Likes

Yeah kick him to the curb you can do bad all by yourself

1 Like

He checked out so now you should

5 Likes

Time to draw a line in the sand. Even IF it IS purely innocent, he is prioritizing this online friend over his family. GINORMOUS red flags.

5 Likes

You already know it’s all wrong. You & bubs deserve better. Start planning for a better life.

1 Like

I delt with this for 7 years before it was finally to much. I divorced him and it was the best decision I’ve ever made. Do it while your child is young, my daughter was 2 and it hurt her so bad… but she’s 9 now and adapted.
It gets better mama.
A year after my divorce I met a man who is literally amazing!!! Treats me and my daughter like queens every single day even 6 years later. I am so glad I left that childish man behind. Do the same. You’ll be happier in the end.

6 Likes

Clearly it’s not going to work. I think you know that already.

1 Like

So he wants nothing to do with you and your son?

1 Like

I literally just went through this…We were together 8 years, 2 kids together…one of which was 8 months old. He’d opt to play video games with her instead of camping with us, or watch tv together, etc. He’d even call her ‘babygirl’ in front of me. I left his ass. It’s been almost a month & while it’s super stressful at times (I’ve had 2 panic attacks since) I’m way happier now I wouldn’t change it for the world!

Time to day good bye. He has formed a relationship with her, even if it’s only emotional, it’s CHEATING!

6 Likes

Can you leave or do need help??. Because you need to get out. Has I have said 1 time ( Don’t walk Run, run, run and keep running. ) :love_letter::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::rose::love_letter:

Leave! He is never going to change. He enjoys the chase and the excitement she gives him.

No you don’t. Why do you need advice? You’re not able to see what’s wrong in the situation…. That you’re complaining about? :melting_face:

Why is he not with his child’s mother?

Leave him issue solved. He will not change and he gets mad so he don’t have to explain the aka friend

Time to go. Kinda curious did you meet him online as well? Was he with the 4 yr old mom while talking to you? Maybe a pattern. Again get your self prepared and leave.

Depend who owns the house/Flat, If she does stay, Girl Kick him out, all I can say about him, he couldn’t careless about you or his Child, If he treats you this way, Tell him you had enough and you better leave now, He either will do what you want him too, Or he sudden realize what he has been doing to you, and turn round and say sorry, or walk away.

Then why are you putting up with it and staying if he’s being verbally abusive? Neglecting your needs and your son’s needs? Is that the type of relationship you want modeled for your child?

1 Like

You’ve got a man child as well as your child :joy:

1 Like

That’s your fault, you need to put a stop to it or get rid of him!

Break up. That’s ridiculous. Especially since you have children.

2 Likes

This won’t get better. Leave now, he’s still acting like a child and you deserve better! Best of luck

4 Likes

Leave. Sounds like you KNOW what you should do, but you want the confirmation from others before you act.

2 Likes

Let him go. I had this issue along with a couple others and I kicked him out. When the game was more important I was done. When I was done he wanted to do counseling. Too late I spent over a year begging for him to stop playing so often. Been almost 10 yrs and it was definitely the right decision.

2 Likes

My advice. … leave. There’s better opportunities out there

6 Likes

Girl, be true to yourself. You deserve love and he’s not it.

Sweetheart you need to let him go. As hard as it may be… You know you deserve better than this crap.

3 Likes

Girl—you say twice how horrible he is to you. L-E-A-V-E!!!

2 Likes

He will eventually cheat on u with her. Weather it’s just texting or talking and not even meeting in person. If they haven’t already. I was in a 8 year relationship with a video game addict. Eventually I got fed up and left

1 Like

Kick his sorry ass to the curb, life is too short to put up with a moron fool.

Why are u still with him? I mean the game thing aside, he doesn’t help, complains when u ask him to PARENT HIS CHILDREN…he’s not exactly partner material imo :woman_shrugging:
As for the girl, the fact he gets defensive when u bring it up is a red flag of its own. I would be walking Hun! She can have his lazy ass :woman_shrugging:

Go on with your life you can’t change him leave and find a man who loves you for who you are

2 Likes

He’s an immature brat!

You need to figure out how you’re going to do things on your own, and kick him out. He’s obviously not ready to be a parent or a partner. You can do better on your own or with a new partner.

2 Likes

Leave. She’s getting the basic human decency you’re entitled to? Nahhhhhboy bye

3 Likes

When does this “man” work?

There’s nothing wrong with playing games with a girl all night but he has to help you out so leave if he doesn’t

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: leave its only going to get worse

2 Likes

Doesn’t sound like he cares to stay :disappointed:

You need to leave, dawg. Do it now before you make it harder on yourself by getting married to this fool

1 Like

Run…… run the opposite direction!

1 Like

Take your child and move

1 Like

Sounds like you’re already doing everything by yourself… so why is he there?

2 Likes

Leave? I mean, the video game thing sucks…but what’s worse is how he’s treating you… He’s treating you like you are a piece of trash. He’s a man child.

Leave. Weather he is crossing a line or not with this girl is irrelevant, he’s treating you terribly and not being a father. Leave and don’t look back

2 Likes

Married to one who couldn’t put down his World of Warcraft for anything. Would barely help with our two kids. Needless to say, we are now divorced.

He will only change if he WANTS to.

1 Like

Nothing sounds good about this situation…u and kids deserve better

1 Like

Leave. He is a gamer and disrespects you and don’t help with kids?

1 Like

You answered your own question when you typed he is awful to me.

6 Likes

Read this to yourself and you will have your answer. I am so sorry you are going through this. But your son needs you to be happy!

1 Like

Please don’t marry this guy. Leave now before you have any legal ties. He is showing you who he is, pay attention. It will be hard, but you can do it. With time you will get though it. Trust me life is way too short.

1 Like

Sound like this relationship is over and I hope you know better than to believe they are “just friends”.

4 Likes

The game isn’t the issue, it’s the girl he chooses to spend his time with online!

1 Like

My husband loves when I play video games w him, it’s the gamers way of bonding with their significant other. If he went out and found a girl to play online with it would be a form of cheating. It’s like courting in a gamers world.

Good grief! Just go already. You’ll be upset for a while but you’ll get over it. Your baby will be okay, if you pull it together, and won’t miss him.He won’t even notice you are gone. Go make a decent life for yourself and your child.

4 Likes

There’s men out there that will genuinely love & cherish you and your kids. He ain’t it and you can’t change him! Run!

Tell him to spend time with us or childsupport

Insist on couples counseling.

Hopefully, you will find your way to better communication and a healthier relationship.

I would also begin individual therapy for myself and my partner.

You need to decide whether this relationship is a good one, a healthy one for you and your child.

If the therapy helps resolve your issues, it will make your relationship better.

You and your child and your partner will be happier.

However, if therapy shows you that there is no way to resolve the situation then it will show you how to disentangle yourself in an amicable, healthy way that so that you both can co-parent effectively.

I wish you all well.

2 Likes

He’s acting single and childless- while acting like a child so make him single

4 Likes

He no longer wants to be with you, just staying for convenience sake and likely money.

Why are you staying?

2 Likes

My advice… Take out the trash

You can’t force someone to see your worth. Start by asking yourself why you are willing to put up with his disrespect, realize you and your child deserve better, and move on. He isn’t worth it!

6 Likes

Of someone had asked you advise on this issue,what advise you would have given apply it to yourself

1 Like

U need to read ur own post. Leave an enjoy ur young life.

What’s the question here. Pour juice in the gaming system. Hand him the kid and go do something. Why are you ASKING for help.

3 Likes

Who pays the rent and bills? If it’s you he leaves. If it’s him you leave.He’s not going to change. And now calling you names? Nope, don’t take that shit.

He has an addiction to video games. Just like anyone else with an addiction, they will choose addiction over family.

1 Like

Leave. He isn’t gonna change

3 Likes

That’s not how love looks like sweet Momma. Leave and put his behind on child support. Nearly ten years of marriage here and my husband has not called me names even once. He respects and loves me. He puts God first, me second, our kids third, and everyone/everything else comes after. You deserve that too, and so does your child.

12 Likes

Kick his ass to the curb. Their are better men out there!! You and your son deserve happiness.

Never tolerate verbal abuse, sweetie. When the respect is lost, you have to make some tough decisions about your life and future happiness—Love yourself and your son more.
You also never have to tolerate your fiancé spending more time with another female, even if it’s online.
:blue_heart:

5 Likes

Maybe like try therapy or counseling

Or just listen to these people who’ve been in hundreds of relationships that tell everyone to break up their families regardless of what the issues are

Atleast try to make it work first ffs

Leave. There is nothing else to do.

Gaming addiction is real, and it’s worth trying to get help. If he’s neglecting his family and wants to change that, then that’s where to start. Otherwise, if he’s unwilling to change, it’s time to move on.

Leave, you don’t need that childish behavior. You need a real man that will value and respect you

Leave. Find someone who makes you happy

1 Like

He’s stuck in a fantasy world. I’d leave if a video game received more attention than me or my children.

He’s showing addictive behaviors and is being disrespectful to you and both children. Counseling may help but he must want to change…right now he’s choosing the game and his friend

Leave him and don’t look back.

3 Likes

Just leave, he’s not going to change and he’s probably cheating. He’s already living the single life, and honestly you deserve much more.

1 Like

Leave!
My ex was just like that when I was in my twenties.
Life was so much better without him with just me and my 2 young girls at the time.
Don’t waste your precious time on him, life’s too short x

Definitely don’t marry him. Nothing wrong with a gamer but when it’s just him and her for hours, red flag.

1 Like