My fiances ex wants us to call off our engagement because their son was not included: Help!

I see alot of bitter baby mamas commenting lol. Don’t sweat it. That ex will be doing this forever. Just roll with it.

12 Likes

You should have included his kid! If you feel bad about it, admit it to all parties (your fiancé and ex) and see if there’s something else you can do to include his kid too! Children are sensitive and these small things matter!

9 Likes

Yoh should’ve done it when the child was therr. Sorry but I think the ex is right. How do u think the child feels now. Your child was there and your finances child wasnt. Not cool at all.

5 Likes

It’s wrong on both sides. BOTH children should have been included or don’t include either one

7 Likes

Sad bitter old bag… but if the child is over 7 I think they may feel a little left out so I can understand… but to withdraw the child seeing the father … thats where she is over stepping the mark… using it fir her own nasty bitter weapon as she is no doubt jealous cos of the engagement… plan a small party when u have the bonus child and make him feel special and maybe give them some special duties or something to make them feel better… Good luck

5 Likes

I hope you have written documentation of that threat about visitation, take it to a judge and see what the judge thinks about it!!!

6 Likes

She lost me at i proposed to my boyfriend

9 Likes

I can’t believe all these people on here not concerned about the children’s feelings. This is supposed to be a unity of 2 families. It’s very sad and selfish thinking. I have seen how this affects kids. Sad.

4 Likes

everyones saying shes in okay and to continue but i know how it feels to not be included in the LITTLE things much less a big proposal

2 Likes

Y’all are absolutely ridiculous lmao she is not wrong at all. She proposed and it was a happy moment. The EX does not dictate what goes on in their life. Sounds like she’s mad about the engagement and not that her child wasn’t there. Now If this was a wedding then I could see the fuss about it. But it was an engagement

4 Likes

If you decided to have children in your engagement photos, I’m a little surprised that you remembered one kid and not the other.

She absolutely should not withhold parental time from her son over it, dont get me wrong. That is a form of abuse and absolutely awful.

I’m just a little baffled that you remembered your child and not his, if you view the child as your own…

10 Likes

Ummm She probably would still be complaining even if you DID include your bonus kid. It is clearly none of her concern. She’s just trying to ruin your happy moment. Don’t sweat about it. She sounds bitter af :joy:

4 Likes

Y’all do realize people can get engaged and not include anyone and it be okay? Kids or no kids, they have that right to propose whenever and in front of whomever they want. The child doesn’t give two craps about it, I guarantee it :joy: baby mama just jealous

11 Likes

A proposal is between two people, not the kids. I understand the children are involved, I have kids, but it can be explained to them before or after. If one kid happened to be there then that’s ok. I’m pretty sure the adults are the only ones that care about this. Kids are pretty indifferent to this stuff unless their being treated poorly by one or both adults.

9 Likes

Just do it again on your weekend with your bonus child, make him part of the new proposal :wink:then baby mama drama is at bay and all children feel included :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you love the other child like your own you should have included him. Wait until his visitation and include him so he can feel like he’s part of the family. Baby mama is wrong for threatening to withhold visitation but I don’t think she’s bitter. Your fiancé should have also insisted that his other child be included! Not a good move to exclude the child.

8 Likes

Sounds like she’s just mad you guys are getting married and are happy. you did nothing wrong. I’m sure if the child was there you would have included him, but he was not. tell her to get the fuck over it and stop acting like a child. she can’t withhold visitation because she’s mad Over something that is none of her business anyway. She’s just bitter. And if she said any of that to you in writing make sure you save that and if she tries to take your ass to court you can show the judge how she’s threatening to take away visitation because she’s mad you guys are getting married and that will bite her in the ass.

The ex sounds like she reacted poorly but honestly how do you “not think of it like that” if you love his child with her as your own?
If both sides have kids they all need to be talked to about it and included. You arent dating a stud you’re dating a father. Im shocked he said yes because in his shoes I sure wouldnt

4 Likes

Baby’s mama is just bitter. She can’t withhold visitation just because you guys got engaged. Tread lightly though. That can be a slippery slope

2 Likes

Dont appologise. You were not malicious. Explain to his son what happened and assure him that he will be involved in the wedding.

1 Like

Of course you should include his son. Make a video of asking his son for his permission to marry his dad.

3 Likes

2 things. Call me old fashioned, but why are YOU proposing to him? In my opinion that takes something away from a man that he could’ve been looking forward to doing for you. Secondly, “baby mom” has every right to be upset if you included one child and not the other. Imagine how his kid feels knowing he was left out of such an important event in his dads life. She does NOT have the right to deny him visitation though, that’s uncalled for. I’d be seeking out an attorney.

12 Likes

You are both wrong. She can’t make you call off engagement and it’s not right to with hold visitation. But yes you should have included all kids if anyway possible.

6 Likes

Tell her to screw off. Does it suck he wasn’t there yep but thats the sucky part of blended families. My ss wasn’t even at our wedding bc it wasn’t our weekend and his dad didn’t want another kid to watch. His mom made a huge deal out of it my ss who was 5 couldn’t of cared less.

Depends. I get being excited and all, however when we announced the exciting news of us having another addition to our family we made sure to wait till both kids were back from their other parents cause we wanted it to be something we did together. When my partner proposes I hope he does it with either both kids there or just a private moment between the two of us. I guess my thing is it was an exciting time for your kid and you guys. Hopefully you have something fun planned in place for when your other child comes home. Being left out sucks, kids notice it. As a stepparent I’ve noticed my step child seeks me out a lot and my reassurance because she fears my rejection. Most stepkids have that fear and small things like this can put a seed of doubt into a child’s mind. My question is, have you asked if your step child feels left out since you did that? Maybe instead of worrying about baby momma drama, actually worry about if your step child said something to their mom about how being left out of that family moment may have hurt their feelings. Your feelings matter! But your kids feelings come before yours, point blank. Xoxo

1 Like

You’re both wrong. :woman_shrugging: There, I said it.

You should have included his child too, his ex is wrong because she can’t withhold visitation over it. Both of you should grow up

6 Likes

I can see why she was upset because you could have waited to include everyone but legally she can’t withhold visitation for that reason, she’s probably just scared her kid is going to be treated differently and discluded from everything

1 Like

So I guess everything you do has to wait on if his kid in there and the mom agree it’s ok? NO that was on her time and that’s over. It was not his weekend and you proposed on that day… so she has to wait to buy a house vacations etc… it’s over!!! The kid will participate when and if he’s there!!! She will have him at the wedding I’m sure. And a mother can’t keep the child always just cause she feels like it, just like he can’t stop paying child support just cause he doesn’t like what the mom is doing….

7 Likes

Honestly I’ve been dealing with a manipulative identity stealing liar of a baby momma for almost 10 years, the kids 11 now and if we waited to do anything big for when it’s our time the other kids in our home would miss out on soooo much. The ones with us full time shouldn’t be told no sorry guys we can’t go here or do this yet because so and so isn’t here right now. No. Your lives do not get put on hold for only when the other kids with you too. That’s not fair to the rest of the family feeling they’re not good enough to do things or go on adventures unless the other ones here. Way to promote Golden Child syndrome in the family. I’m sure the op will find ways to Include all the kids In other ways of the engagement. Yall sound petty af saying she’s wrong.

3 Likes

Bitter And Trying To Make Trouble

3 Likes

She just a hater :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Bitter. Obviously he will be included in all wedding events moving forward.

1 Like

U don’t have to redo…I would do something special with him… my daughter wasn’t there when my hubby proposed but he bought her a necklace and give it to her during our wedding just to let her know that he loved her just as much as his kids and he would always be there for her! Sounds like the x is in her feelings :woman_shrugging:t2: . The only way I can see her saying she would keep him from dad is if y’all exclude him often… If that’s not the case then she is being petty betty.

1 Like

Girl, you’re fine! Ignore her jealousy and celebrate your news!!

6 Likes

Just know that ‘it begins’

5 Likes

I think it depends how the child feels about you being with his dad

She would have found something wrong even if her kid was included she sounds jealous af!

3 Likes

I think you should have included his son especially if you love him like your own. I’m sure it wasn’t done on purpose. Yes maybe you could have waited til it was his weekend. That being said you do NOT owe her anything. She sounds bitter that he moved on with someone who has a child or maybe she is afraid your child will now come first. She can not hold visitation from him & don’t you dare call off your engagement :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: She will need to get used to the fact that he has moved on. If you mean what you say about loving him like your own child then you should include him in everything. If the mom says no than its on her not you. Good luck & happy engagement!!! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Tell her eh go fuck herself!!! Ma fiance didn’t enclude HIS children or MY children in his proposal!!
It was an intimate moment between only us (which is allowed in a relationship)
Does not mean we don’t love all 5 of our children!!!
Oh I would go ape shit if I was in your situation! How dare she…and how dare he allow her to have such an opinion!!!

If you HAD put him in the picture she would have complained about that.

6 Likes

Mmmm I see both sides.
Maybe apologize and hope she moves on from it. Possibly have a talk with the child that wasn’t there and let them know you didn’t have ill intent. The ex is being aggressive in withholding visitation. You don’t need to call off anything. Just talk to your soon to be step child. Good luck. :heart:

1 Like

My fiance included his son in the proposal at our baby shower in front of all our friends and family 5 years ago. I wouldn’t of wanted it any other way. He gave me the ring, helped me open the millions of boxes it was in. :rofl::heart: Personally, i think you both are wrong. He should of been included but she can’t tell you to take it back :rofl: also maybe chat with the mom to explain to her all the involvement he’s gonna have in the wedding!

Leave him right there choosing baby mommas feelings over yours.

2 Likes

And to all these people who said u should have encluded his child…your all just as bad btw!!!

4 Likes

Bitter! Keep that message or text so you can present it to a judge.

1 Like

Lmfao she is using her child as leverage and its disgusting. Jealousy and bitterness took her that far😳

4 Likes

she would bitch either way dont worry no reason she can hold visitation or sue her fo full custody

Its you and your boyfriends day not the kids. She is bitter

1 Like

It was poorly done bottom line. The way I’m taking it is that you have a son from a previous relationship and so does your other part but neither of you took those children into consideration when blasting this info on social media - it would have been fine if you had only put you and your other half in the pic but to include your child and not his child was a very selfish act and may have caused his child to feel totally left out and not wanted in the excitement therefore hurting is feelings and causing resentment towards your child bc he felt his own dad chose your child over him - that’s what’s wrong with young adult parents now a days they don’t think beyond themselves and the children have to pay for that mistake from the very beginning. It would of been one thing if you weren’t involved with his child but you are and that’s what makes this so sad what you did. And the other mom isn’t bitter she’s hurt for her child like a good mom would be and who is to say that it wasn’t the child that said he didn’t want to visit anymore bc of this and the mom was just basically letting the dad know how hurt his child was over this by saying what she did. Step outside your own little bubble there and look through the eyes of others and you should be able to see what you did wrong.

7 Likes

Uh no. Absolutely not. Take those screenshots and definitely use them against her. That is PETTY. Don’t use your kid as a weapon

1 Like

I think we can see now why she’s the ex :smirk:

3 Likes

Yes you both are wrong. Make amends with her. You should have included his son 100% but she shouldn’t withhold his child

8 Likes

She cant withhold visitation for that especially if its court ordered she will get in trouble

4 Likes

It was the proposal not the wedding so I think she should stfu. Now if the child is excluded from the wedding or is treated like an extra kid or something then I can see her being upset and wanting to protect her child from a hurtful situation.

Unfortunately you are wrong here including one kid and not the other is totally wrong and they will see that one day

10 Likes

Edit the post and add a picture of the other child 🤷

3 Likes

She cannot legally withhold him because of this especially if it’s court ordered. She seems bitter about her ex moving on, not the fact that you didn’t include him. Even if you had included their son, she still might have found something bad to say about it.

1 Like

She is taking it a bit far, yes, but it was a dick move to include your child but not his🤷🏻‍♀️

Shes bitter af. She cant withhold visitation because shes bitter and jealous. A judge will laugh at her. Sounds like she would find a way to bitch about it regardless.

As someone with a bonus child, I could never exclude her from something so big. You guys are a family now, and that includes his other child. You could of easily waited until the next weekend. You had a major event and didn’t include 1/4 of your family.

If your child wasn’t there, than I wouldn’t see an issue.

She has a point to be upset, but no one can tell you to call off an engagement.

*updated: she is also wrong for threatening to withhold the child. Unless a child is in danger, parents should never be able to withhold a child from a parent because they are upset. That is never in the best interest of the child!

12 Likes

Was the other child involved?

Sounds bitter. If she texted that to him he can save it and show the court. She can’t withhold visitation LoL

4 Likes

Talk to the child and find out if they are upset about it. Sometimes parents push their own issues onto the other parent and swear “the kid is upset” and the kid could not care less. If it did bother the child, the next time you have them, do a photo shoot with them and post it. Otherwise tell Baby Mama you will see her in court!

1 Like

She’s a bitter Betty!! Don’t let her take your joy!

2 Likes

Just my opinion but if her kid was included she’d likely bitch and threaten because they were included and they aren’t “your kid”

She’s bitter, a proposal is between you and him. I don’t see the need to involve kids in that but that’s just my opinion.

4 Likes

Let her hold visitation n her ass will be in contempt of court sitting in jail and paying fines. Childish ignore the caption control freak that’s trying to control your guys life, your house and house hold your family not hers

If the child is upset (not just the ex) then I’d do another set of pics or something to make it special. I definitely wouldn’t call off anything over an ex’s opinion or someone else’s feelings. If she withholds visitation, file a contempt of court for not abiding by the parenting plan\custody agreement. What she’s threatening isn’t legal. But, like I said, if your future step child is upset about it, I’d definitely do something a little extra\special for not thinking of including them to begin with. Like others have said, y’all are a family now so it’s best to think & include everyone.

1 Like

She is bitter. This is about you and him. Not kids atm…its about you and him starting a new life together and becoming a family. Even parents together need adult time and family time. His son isn’t marrying you…he is. Plenty of time to include kids at the wedding. And if court ordered, she can’t hold visits and judge will think she is nuts.

1 Like

Wow! Reading these comments most are compassionate to the inquisitor however, there are a lot of judgemental ones, as well. Fyi, judges(!), spur of moment, life happens. And the ex needs to get over it. Maybe if given the chance it would’ve been rectified, no opportunity was given. And honestly it sounds more like the ex has an issue than their child. Kick rocks judgemental peeps.

5 Likes

She needs to grow up.

2 Likes

Are you a pussy or something, tell her take a long walk off a short pier …

She’s jealous. If she tries to hold visitation, take his court papers to the police department when its his visitation day and they will go with him to the house to get his child. She can not legally hold back visitation

2 Likes

Her insane reasoning for withholding his visitation rights wouldn’t even make it to court. Don’t let her cause trouble already by bringing the boys into her jealous rantings. Post another photo with both both boys to placate her, but don’t let her engage you in silly arguments.

3 Likes

You gotta just keep living your life!! She can’t withhold anything from him if there’s a court order or she can face jail time.
I use to live walking in eggshells because of my husbands ex wife. She stalked me, my page and had her family/friends do it as well. If I posted anything without my bonus son then she’d be pissed, but then when I posted anything with him she’d be calling a lawyer!! You can’t win, they are just bitter. Let it go, be happy and congratulations

1 Like

Wtf… since when do you HAVE to include children in marriage proposals? Yeah I can understand a wedding… but for fuck sake! Even if his ex is butt hurt about her child not being included, suck it the fuck up and move on with your life. Who the fuck is she to say she will withhold visitation… let him take her ass to court for contempt on that one. Watch how stupid her dumb ass looks! Don’t worry about how you proposed or who was or wasn’t included… all that matters is if the both of you are happy. People need to mind their business and stop this entitlement shit!

She’s being a petty fool. Tell her you will take photos with ALL of you next time y’all see them and if she wants a ring too you’ll get her one :sweat_smile:
Call off your life for what

1 Like

She was mad ! Never states the little boy was , she sounds like a jealous prick

Baby mama is bitter af.
How can you include him if he wasn’t there. That’s her fault not yours.
Kid will still be included in your life after these photos.

1 Like

It was the ex baby mama for me :rofl::joy::sob:

1 Like

You did it on purpose, what a snake.

8 Likes

You lost me when you said YOU PROPOSED to your fiancé🥴

4 Likes

I think it was really shitty not to include his son. But asking you to call it off is a bit much

1 Like

Baby mama is bitter. Get a court order for visitation so you won’t have to deal with her threats of withholding visitation. Save all communication with her for court.

3 Likes

You should have included his little boy. You are asking to be his stepmum n don’t think that it’s important to include him? Wow!

10 Likes

Do engagement pictures and include both children. While I can see the child being upset because it’s a big thing, it’s not a reason to withhold visits. Maybe y’all could do something special with his child alone that he likes. It’s important both kids get one on one time. And a simple talk with his child letting him know y’all love him just as much. A special thing for both kids at the wedding would be nice too. Congrats!

1 Like

Talk with the other kid about it when it’s your weekend and see how he feel about. Just an idea you can re due photos and and the other kid in it to.

Oh well. She needs to get over it. She sounds like a bitter baby mama who wants to stay relevant and keep control over him

4 Likes

Since you included your son his should have been there as well therefore you should have waited until both boys were together. Now if you proposed and neither child was there that’s different but you can’t include one child and not the other

5 Likes

As long as he’s included in the wedding what does it matter? She seems a bit bitter to me!!

4 Likes

She’s just trying to stir up shit!! Don’t either of u fall for it!!! She tries to stop visitation, take her ass straight to court!!!
KEEP THE TEXT!!! That way u will have it if u have to go to court!!!

What never heard of such thing she needs to get over it and she can with hold visitation if there a court-ordered she be in contempt

2 Likes

This question makes you sound niave. Of course it was done intentionally. You could have waited until it was his weekend. You are setting the example of how things will be before you guys are even married. Either both kids should’ve been in photos or none

8 Likes

Ignore her and he needs to get four ordered visitation to shove in her face :woman_shrugging:t4::fu:t4:

She’s not his ex-baby mama. She’s still his kids mom, right…? :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:t4:
She’s his ex who’s also his kids mother

Don’t worry about her screen shot the messages and when she does withhold visitation report her for contempt of court with those messages as her reasoning make sure to get the date they were send in the screen shot

7 Likes

Maybe you should have included both kids, I’ll give the ex that. That being said it’s also no reason to call off an engagement or wedding. As long as both children are included. Also it’s sounds like his baby mama shouldn’t have sole custody if she’s gonna pull spiteful shit. I’d be going to court over the visitation if she does try and with hold it.

Awe poor kid might be really hurt by this. It’s a fine balance when kids are involved. Can you plan something really epic that the other child can have the special privilege of doing or redo type thing?
I don’t know about with holding visits but if that other kid is going to be yours now too, I would really try and make it up to them!!

2 Likes

This is a whole new level of psycho

2 Likes

I definitely think baby mama is bitter BUUUUT you definitely could have planned it on a weekend you had him :woman_shrugging:

15 Likes