My husband and I live apart and I do not trust him: Thoughts?

Walk away, trying to make a family for your daughter? Think of the message your sending to her. There are plenty of good guys that would step up. But you have to make the right choice as to how you want to be treated don’t waste any more time or effort.

I made a hasty decision years ago when I wanted to get rid of a bad situation but getting red in face with anger just clouded my judgment dont change being who you are just change who your with !

Just because your family isn’t perfect doesn’t mean it won’t be a family. Even if you get divorced and he leaves the picture completely or fights for visitation. You can be happy and healthy, it isn’t too late for you. Believe me, I wish I had come to this realization instead of clinging to the old memories of a dead relationship.

In order for your daughter to fully know what a healthy loving relationship looks like and feels like you need to show her. She’s watching you and learning no matter how young she is. Put yourself in a relationship that you would want to see your daughter in later in life.

3 Likes

Please leave!!! This is every red flag possible. Run and don’t look back. You and your little will be much happier.

3 Likes

Also go to therapy… but this isn’t good for your daughter. Arguing all the tome… and if you can’t trust, you don’t have a relationship. Saying this from experience. Just recently split with my ex…

Truthfully. You should cut the cord and move on. I know it’s hard when you share a child…but the fact remains on top of DV, living apart, and trust issues. All red flags

1 Like

Leave and never look back. If you stay you are teaching your child that is what a normal relationship looks like. If he laid his hands on you once he will again. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Is this the kind of relationship you want your daughter to have when she’s older? It’s exactly what she will have if this is what she see’s. Life is way to short to be miserable and I know starting over feels so daunting but it is so worth it when you find true happiness. You’ll look back and wonder why you stayed so long. It’s time you start enjoying your weekends out as well, without him.

There’s someone out there who will appreciate you and your kids… I promise. And it’s not him. He’s shown you more than once that he’s not ready for this kind of thing yet. When he is, he’ll feel really sorry for it. But I think it’s best you move on.

I’ll be blunt -

Leave.

You are putting yourself and your daughter in a dangerous, toxic situation. You likely won’t split custody because it sounds like he doesn’t even want her. He’s made his stance clear, so start taking him seriously. If he wanted to change, he would have. If he wanted to stay, he would have.

You. Don’t. Have. To. Beg. Someone. To. Stay. Who. Wants. To. Be. There.

Love is not enough.

It feels like it should be, but that’s how abusive situations last so long. Get out. For you. For your daughter. For him. For everyone. A single-parent home is better than a toxic dual-parent home. If you can’t do that for her, then give her up for adoption to someone who will. You will destroy yourself and your daughter if you keep this up. She doesn’t deserve to suffer like this.

3 Likes

Y’all both need counseling! You’re toxic to each other. That isn’t love that attachment and co dependency. You need to divorce each other and work on yourselves. There’s so many red flags this isn’t even funny.

3 Likes

Tell him GOODBYE!! Girl go and don’t ever look back. He has emotions, he just doesn’t have any for you. Do yourself and your kids a favor, get out!

1 Like

Get out now. You are showing your daughter that this is ok to endure. You are worth more then that. Most men don’t value a women who doesn’t value herself. Do yourself a favor and value yourself above him. A real man does not put his hands on a women. You are married to a boy at this point in your life.

3 Likes

Red flags all over this post! Get counseling for yourself and move on. That baby deserves better and it’s your responsibility to make sure that that baby is raised in a good environment PERIOD END OF STORY!

1 Like

Well done for looking after your little girl.

Mum’s work so hard, I can see that in my own house, unfortunately I work a lot, so I’m not always there.

You don’t have to live with this. I walked away from my ex after spending everything I had on her house, and ended up with nothing under a quilt on my mum’s front room floor.

I never thought I would get back on my feet after that. But the very act of walking away, no matter what, changed something inside me. I woke up with peace of mind. And the more time that passed, the more I came to realise how unhappy I had been, and how valuable peace of mind is.

I have now met a beautiful girl, we have a beautiful daughter, I never thought I would be happy. We laugh and joke. Rarely argue, if ever at all.

It won’t be easy, but i promise You, taking control of your own life and walking away will be the best thing you’ve ever done.

You owe it to yourself, and to your little girl xx

1 Like

Its both of yall … you both seem toxic together and I would strongly recommend splitting because that’s going to be better for all of yall in the long run … also he put his hands on you and you kicked him out … what happened when you put your hands on him ? Like it works both ways … I wouldnt suggest doing that to your next someone if you want the relationship to last js

The both of you already live apart. What type of relationship do you and the daughter have with his parents and other family members. I would try and make sure she has a relationship with his family if possible. Your daughter’s life matters and she does not need to be around all of that drama. In the mean time if you decide on a divorce hold your head up you have nothing to be a shame of. I hope you can seek family help.

You’re both toxic and not good for each other get counseling or leave. Either of you should be hitting the other or saying hateful things

1 Like

I would leave! Do what’s best for your daughter. Chose her! He obviously ain’t gonna change and if he wanted too he would the first mistake. You can’t make someone love you. Yes it’s hard but very toxic and deserve so much more your daughter does too. And quite frankly I would be having him show he’s responsible for his daughter before she gets hurt physically n emotionally before going back n forth

Your relationship is toxic , neither of you are happy and that’s not a home to raise a happy child in. Leave!!!

1 Like

You all need counseling separately to work on yourselves since you both have been abusive towards each other. That’s not a home you want your baby girl to grow up in and think this is what a normal relationship looks like

4 Likes

You are not confused …you are in denial about the relationship and that it’s over. Once you come to terms with it and the fact he is telling you and showing you he doesn’t want to be in this relationship things will be better for you and your daughter. No child wants their parents together while they hate each other. Get a lawyer for your divorce and work out a fair child custody plan and get on with your new life.

1 Like

I couldn’t finish this. Leave. Leave. Your child needs to be put first and right now she isn’t. That’s confusing to a child & unfair to you

1 Like

I know it’s hard but from experience it will esculate and it will just end in divorce anyway he sounds like he wants control and keep you as a puppet and beg him so it is actually worse to stay on that way pray about. It cause God sees what you dont

1 Like

I wouldnt stay. If he was sleeping around before, what is going to stop him from doing it again. Your daughter is going to be learning from experience and what she sees. You wouldn’t want her to be with a boy (he doesn’t sound like a man) like that. I wish you the best of luck. He is out living his life, and your constantly worried about what he is doing. You dont want that to be your relationship…constantly wondering if he is cheating, where he is, who he is talking to. Please leave him for your own safety and your daughter’s…

1 Like

How would you feel if some boy (used term boy, because your ass of a husband isn’t a man) done your daughter the same way? Or what if he got mad and choked your daughter?

1 Like

Get. Out. Now. Do you want your daughter believing this is normal?

If your daughter was in your shoe would you want her to stay??? Probably not. He sounds like a child. If he’s physically harmed you and has cheated on you why would you stay???.. Seriously why would you like you daughter see a man treat you like that…

Omg he needs to leave you. He doesnt wanna be with you. Its over between you and him you need to let him go. You are both abusive move on.

You already know the answer. So just do what you know is the right thing to do for all concerned

If you choose to leave, there are resources out there to help you.

I didn’t even finish reading this. You already know what you need to do. Cut him out. Good luck!

1 Like

Leave his ass!! If he can put his hands on you once, he will do it again! Follow your gut, if you can’t trust him, leave!

2 Likes

I been there just get out now for your daughter it’s a bad relationship for her please give her a better life​:pray::pray::pray:

Run for the hill my darlin

If you’re coming here you already know. It’s time to divorce.

In not even sure if this is a real question…

Move on. Focus on yourself and your child(ren).

This is so like my situation it’s scary.following…

Dont force it, move on.

Look n the mirror tell me what it says on your forehead

Leave!!! Your daughter needs better and you deserve better! Praying for you

Take your Daughter & get away from him,asap!! Life is passing u & your Daughter by! App u don’t realize this!! She will grow accepting the same things from men,that u r putting up w!! God Bless u Both! Praying! <3 He is toxic!! RUN!!

First of all…why the hell are you going back to a man that put his hands on you! That is NOT LOVE!
Every day I come on here and read these stories from ppl and
LADIES STOP SETTLING FOR THESE MEN !
Everyday I’m reading women putting up with men bs.
Why?!
Don’t you want to be happy?!
Happiness starts with no settling for any less than you deserve!
We get one life and instead of living it to the fullest women are staying with toxic men that bring them nothing but pain and worry.
LADIES PLEASE THERE ARE MEN OUT HERE THAT WONT HAVE TO QUESTIONING YOURSELF OR YOUR RELATIONSHIP!
I just want to see us women take a stand for what we want out of life

This is a joke, right?!

Just let him go sweetheart it’s not worth it

I didn’t even read the whole thing after he gripped you up by your neck and one night stands and partying. You and your daughter deserve better than that. Fuck him

2 Likes

I stopped reading after he assaulted you and started sleeping around. GET. A. DIVORCE. People who lash out once are almost 100% going to do it again. Divorce his ass before he hurts you OR your daughter. You’re showing your child that it’s okay if a man hurts a woman and if it happens to her then she should stick around and deal with it. THATS :clap:t2: HOW :clap:t2: PEOPLE :clap:t2: GET :clap:t2: KILLED :clap:t2:

Run for your life…happiness is the best form of revenge … you are deserving of far more than this idiot. He’s gaslighting you btw, look it up.

Yiur biggest mistake was getting with some one who put their hands on you. Honestly have no advice for women who go back to abusers. Specially when children are involved. It’s just selfish asf. And I don’t care if any of you attack me on this because I was that child growing up. And I grew up traumatized. So unless you want that for your baby then leave !

While your bubs is still young, get ahead of yourself hun. Don’t allow your baby to grow up in hostility, she’ll get use to it.

If he put his hands on you why do you care. Get rid of him he’s a POS

Listen to all these lady’s that know what they are talking about. When you are apart he is having sex with alot of women. Does that really sound like you should EVER sleep with him again. ARE you aware of ALL the sexual diseases out there? WAKE UP