My husband bought me sloth pajamas for Mother's Day, I think it's his way of calling me lazy: Thoughts?

Today is mother’s day, and I didn’t expect anything because, for the last few years, my husband hasn’t gotten me a gift or cook dinner without being told to. I gave up. But today, I woke up, and he had our seven-year-old hand me a shopping bag full of stuff. A DVD for a movie I mentioned once, a plush hedgehog, and a reaaaaaaaaaaaally ugly set of pajamas. I like the plush because it fits my son’s personality and is sentimental. The DVD is a movie I only wanted to watch with him once at most. Not a Marvel fan; I just wanted him to spend time with me. But he was clear that he didn’t think he’d like the movie because it is connected to Suicide Squad and Jared Leto ruined the movie. I agree, so why BUY it? Pirate it, FFS. Last is the pajamas. I don’t like sloths. They’re ugly and. Of course, it represents laziness. I fear being seen as lazy. So the pajamas he bought me? A fricking sloth. The fabric is soft, but the image hurts my feelings. He’s bitched about me not “keeping up with” the house, so I feel like this is a message

323 Likes

I think you are over thinking it and he was trying to be sweet

Well aren’t you a peach :roll_eyes:

43 Likes

At least he got you something. It’s the thought that counts I think you’re thinking way too much into it and it’s possible that your son helped picked out the gifts for mom since the hedgehog reminds you of him.

11 Likes

Um are you sure your son didn’t pick them out. Like you sound kinda ungrateful. That’s a really cute gift set. You should be thankful they did all that for you.

20 Likes

Girl wtf…:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Sloths are kind of in these days. People think they are cute. I think you might be overthinking this.

5 Likes

I would seriously love a pair sloth jammies. At least you got something but it’s the thought that counts. Your reading to much into this at least in my opinion. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Is it possible your son picked them out? My son would totally pick me out some freaking sloth pajamas. :woman_facepalming:t2::rofl:

4 Likes

You sound slightly ungrateful, you brought up a movie to watch with him even stating he didn’t think he would like it but is still willing to watch it with you, who doesn’t love pajamas? Comfiness. Sloths are cute and I’d be thankful either way.

5 Likes

You sound like fun at a party

5 Likes

Sloths are my spirit animal… I even have a sloth tattoo. They’re adorable and they’re trendy. Unless he’s always calling you sloth, lazy, etc. I think you’re reading wayyyyyyy too much into this.

Omg :joy: you can’t be serious

2 Likes

Omg. Wow. You mentioned a movie you wanted to see and he remembered it and got it. And sloths are cute.

5 Likes

At least you’ve got some thing. I would not take that as a slap in the face or hinting that you were lazy. Sloths are in right now and maybe your son thought they were cute!

1 Like

Sloths are amazing, you evil.

2 Likes

I know so many kids who love sloths. They’re everywhere. Your kid probably picked them out.

1 Like

:joy: This is absolutely ridiculous. :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

He should’ve gotten you pajamas with a nasty old witch on them instead

18 Likes

You sound ridiculous and ungrateful.

14 Likes

Reaching much? Lol c’mon :unamused: we dont always get stuff we entirely like but at least you got something. Your son probably picked it out and its not really that deep. I think youre reading too much into it.

Clearly this isn’t about pajamas and you have some built up resentment…:grimacing:

7 Likes

You sound ungrateful. There are many moms who didn’t get anything for Mother’s Day.

5 Likes

Wear them. Tell hubby you love them. If he meant it to be mean, you just spoiled his fun. If he meant it as a gift, he will be thrilled. Either way, you win.

9 Likes

This is the definition of over thinking lol

2 Likes

Sloths are cute and they’re everywhere right now. I would love comfy sloth pjs. Maybe be grateful and appreciate the thoughts and efforts.

2 Likes

If you feel some kind of way then that’s how you feel. I would ask your son if he picked them out. If he didn’t then speak to your husband. I don’t understand men who say well you’re not my mother… if the child/children are to young to shop for mom on their own dad should do it at least until the kids can do it on their own.

1 Like

I got nothing, my daughter made me something at school but gave it to me early. And I couldnt afford to give her money for presents for me.
And the day was just a normal day.
I would’ve fricken loved sloth pjs.

4 Likes

Girl chill hope your husband see this and doesn’t get you anything for next year

2 Likes

I think you need to find the underline problem in your marriage bc this is definitely not it!

1 Like

Sloths sleep alot
Soooo hence
Sleeping pants

3 Likes

Gimme those pijamas! You don’t deserve them!

My husband gave me a $5 phone jail once for my birthday. I thought the same, it felt like he was telling me I was on my phone too much. Turned out after I was quietly sad and a little offended for days that my 6 year old had picked it out. It’s super possible your son picked out those pajamas considering it is mother’s day and the DVD, he most likely thought he was getting you something you wanted because he remembered you mentioning it to him. At least it shows he’s listening. Also ps a lot of people think sloths are adorable. Maybe you don’t, but maybe he does

3 Likes

…I think you’re overthinking.

1 Like

I got sloth pjs for Mother’s Day and love them! I think sloths are so cute! I think u are a little too picky. I’ll take them if you dont want them. Go with the two sets I have. I also have a slight plush! How can you not love sloths?! If think he got them for you bc lazy,then maybe you are.

2 Likes

Wow…ungrateful. First off sloths are adorable. Second if you dislike your husband as much as it sounds like you do, why are you with him? He shouldn’t have bought you anything if that is your reaction…

4 Likes

You just picked apart every gift he bought you. I wouldn’t be buying you anything either!!!

6 Likes

Be thankful!! Some of us didnt get anything!!

4 Likes

It takes a lot to make me speechless…really like A LOT…but this?! I agree with like 95% of the comments. Ungrateful. I didn’t get anything at all for Mother’s Day, which my man felt TERRIBLE about and made it known he felt that way, so I’d be totally down with some sloth wear.

1 Like

That all sounds like a man picking a gift. Idk about a certain message being sent through the pjs though because honestly they can barely pick a good gift half the time anyways…

1 Like

Jesus take the wheel. Women complain their men doesnt do anything and when they do they say its not good enough. Be grateful.

6 Likes

… it’s pajamas. Who gives af what’s on pajamas. If they are comfy?? You sound very ungrateful. He should’ve stuck w getting you nothing lol

4 Likes

You don’t sound ungrateful. Bad joke especially on Mother’s Day! I got you girl! Men there just dumb :woman_shrugging:t2:

You sound ungrateful. My spouse never remembers mother’s day and this year he got me baileys and a rose. I don’t drink because I’m diabetic but I loved the rose, regardless tho I thanked him and was so happy he went out and was thinking of me. You need to grow up, I feel bad for your hubby.

He usually doesnt buy you anything, this year he put in effort and got you several things and you still are unhappy…think about that. Maybe this is why he usually doesn’t bother. I kinda feel like you just want to be mad at him, maybe there are other issues with this relationship.

1 Like

That’s a little far fetched dont you think? Why wouldn’t he just come out and call you lazy, you really think men connect two and two together?? He probably saw them, felt they were soft and got them. If you don’t like them don’t wear them but they are pj’s and it’s not like anyone will see them. Hell wear them when your on your period or when you feel like crap.

You have the right to feel how you feel but this is not the hill to die on. Odds are, your son picked them out. If you start a fight over this it’ll only end in hurt feelings all around. The movie sounds like it was meant to be thoughtful. You mentioned it and he remembered

3 Likes

Hell, he took the time to find something! Be grateful for that, who cares if you aren’t a fan of the PJ’S. He tried.

1 Like

Ps. Sloths are the ‘in’ thing right now.

Sloths aren’t lazy, actually. Their slowness is a survival skill. They are energy-saving mammals taking life at a slow pace. They are also one of the smartest animals. 🤷

2 Likes

You sound like the kind of person that folks just by gift cards for instead of gifts

3 Likes

He should have gotten you a one way ticket to the Bermuda triangle. :woman_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

You sound fucking ungrateful.
My mother didnt even tell me happy mothers day. I didnt get anything for mothers day except some mini cinnamon rolls and a day of rest and I was happier than hell.
Be happy you got anything. If I were him, I’d take all the shit back and get you a plunger to pull that stick you lodged in your ass out.
Hubby, leave and find a lady who appreciates effort.

Dude doesn’t buy you anything? I can see why. All you did was b!tch about everything he got you. You’d be lucky if I gave you a high five. :rage:

5 Likes

you sound like a delight🙄

4 Likes

Never gets anything+ finally gets something = feels triggered :laughing:

4 Likes

:joy: ungrateful, I wouldn’t get you anything either.
My ex returned my kids with a full blown fever he hadn’t attended to for over 24 hours and a laundry basket full of their dirty clothes for mothers day. Pull your head in.

1 Like

If you expected nothing, why throw a fit when he does do something? Maybe that’s why he hasn’t done anything, out of fear of hearing complaining instead of being appreciated. My husband & kids could have either gotten me nothing, or a bag of dog :poop:, either way I would have loved it simply because… I love them. :roll_eyes:. If my husband reacted this way to gift or nice gesture, it would end up in the fire pit. I’m sure something brought this on, but, some moms don’t even get anything, let alone appreciated, let’s not take that small gesture for granted. Wooowzers, offended by a sloth, who would have thought :sloth:

7 Likes

And now we know why you got nothing for the last however many years - you don’t know how to say thanks and appreciate that someone did something for you :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I would be thrilled with the pajamas!

3 Likes

So because I got work out clothes that my kids picked out with my husband I should be mad because he is calling me fat??? Um, no…they picked it out together and was super excited to give it to me. And that is all it is to it. There was no underlying message to it. It was a thoughtful gift.

5 Likes

Also you wrong on sloths :expressionless:

4 Likes

At least you got something. Try getting nothing!!
Well I got a rose from the Burger King worker

5 Likes

I just have to say it. Suicide Squad is DC. Not Marvel.

23 Likes

Sloths do not represent lazy…

2 Likes

I don’t think the message could be any clearer if he’s been complaining about the house. Buy him a pair of Sesame Street Oscar the Grouch pj’s for Father’s Day. :smirk:

5 Likes

I have a sloth onesie :woman_shrugging:t3: He could have thought it was just a cute outfit.

Damn…No wonder he doesn’t get you anything

Atleast you got anything. Be grateful :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I agree with a few of yall. If you’re so scared hes calling you lazy, you prolly are and you’re mad about it. Maybe start doing stuff to not turn sloth pajamas into an insult.
Sheesh

6 Likes

I’d be grateful for whatever my spouse got me. I personally love sloths and wouldn’t view a set of pyjamas as him trying to say im lazy lol I think it’s far fetched. If he wanted to call you lazy he would just say you’re lazy, I don’t think he’d spend money to hint at it on mothers day lmfao

2 Likes

Are you serious? Your kids were probably the ones that picked your gifts. He remembered you mentioned the movie and got it for you. Damn I feel sorry for your husband.

I think you should cut the guy some slack,poor guy is already married to someone like you. And well sounds like a guilty conscience if you’re willing to go that far about pants :rofl:

1 Like

First off- sloths are freaking adorable. Second- stop being so ungrateful and be glad he took the time to grab a movie you wanted to watch and a comfy pair of pajamas to lounge in.

2 Likes

Slots aren’t viewed as being lazy…they are just very slow. My teen daughter wants every thing sloths… . I think they are cute…it was likely way less complicated than your seeing it

1 Like

I think I feel more offended for the sloth. :sloth:

Sloths are really “in” right now. So maybe he just thought they were cute, or maybe he let your son pick them out?

I was sick for mothers day and all I got was a breakfast made because I said I didn’t want to cook. And that itself was enough for me…

All these posts with people complaining about
What they got or didn’t get is just getting beyond a joke . If the day offends people so much scrap it from your calendar .

1 Like

Your son probably picked the sloth pajamas my daughter got me a sloth necklace for mothers day bc she thought it was cute

1 Like

Perhaps this is why he doesn’t do nice things for you. Just tell him thank you and wear the pajamas who cares what’s on them.

9 Likes

I feel like If your that ungrateful about a present then you shouldn’t have gotten a damn thing.

I looove sloths and me and my youngest have all kinds of sloth item. We call them our spirit animals.
They take their time, enjoy the scenery and are smart creatures!
Ever think he let the kid pick them out?

If there was an Olympics for jumping to conclusions, you won gold.

17 Likes

Damn Karen! It’s the thought that counts!!

Sloths are all over everything right now, along with Hedgehogs. He probably just thought you would like it. And as far as the movie goes, you mentioned it ONCE and he remembered it to get you. That’s thoughtful AF. At least he tried. Jeez.

7 Likes

Or they could just be pajamas :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I feel like maybe you should’ve put the time and effort into catching up on housework you’ve been neglecting rather than typing this line of crap :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

Isn’t suicide squad DC? :woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

I think sloths are cute and in style. Kinda sounds to me like you’re feeling guilty. If the shoe fits wear it.

Get over yourself. If you act like this with gifts, I wouldn’t buy you shit either. You’re extremely ungrateful.

1 Like

I’m gonna need to see a photo of these pajamas.
Also I got nothing for Mother’s Day so ya know. If you wanna send me your ugly sloth pajamas​:woman_shrugging:t3::joy::joy:

10 Likes

First off, who doesn’t like sloths!!! They are the most chill laid back cutest animal ever!!! Second off, at least your husband tried… maybe he got it wrong but he put thought into getting you something… ask yourself if this is a deal breaker, are you going to end your marriage over sloths pj’s?? If no, then laugh it off, wear them for him( maybe he thinks they are sexy) and roll with it…

6 Likes

What if your kid picked them out? I mean I would ask questions before getting mad. I however wouldn’t be offended if they are comfy and only meant for sleeping what’s the problem? I don’t like pink and my kids, mom and brother got me pink pajamas and I rock them shits even to drop the kids off at school :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Hey! I got sloth pjs😲

2 Likes

Some people think Sloths are cute???

Ask him why he brought you them.

Maybe your son picked them. Maybe they were on sale. Maybe he thought they were cute.

3 Likes

Since your son picked out the plush, maybe he picked out the movie and the pajama’s too?
Maybe be thankful you got something…?

5 Likes

Wow how ungrateful if he deals with this all the time he should have gaven you an envelope with divorce papers :roll_eyes::woman_shrugging:t2: or get some counseling bc clearly your feeling triggered about being lazy but is it the truth hurts kind of thing or an actual trigger :thinking:

5 Likes

Maybe your son picked them out?! Why can’t people grow up and communicate with each other?

2 Likes