My husband bought me sloth pajamas for Mother's Day, I think it's his way of calling me lazy: Thoughts?

You sound very ungrateful! The only reason my husband ended up buying me something for Mother’s Day was after a fight that he started on Mother’s Day of all days after he whined because apparently I wasn’t supposed to hurt after having my baby 6 weeks ago in a certain area and was pretty sure I was just lying at 3 weeks PP because I wasn’t attracted to him although I pushed out a 9 pound 3 ounce 22 inch long baby VBAC!

2 Likes

Sloths are cute :joy: be grateful you got anything. Sone mamas dont have that privilege!

You’re being ridiculous

2 Likes

Are you sure your 7 year old didn’t pick those items for you? I have 4 kids and they all have very different personalities and sense of humor. Is it not possible he told your husband that those are things he thought you’d like or maybe even picked for you on his own? I say rock the Jammies, watch the movie with the plushie and move on. If your hubs was trying to insult you, then you got the last laugh. If not, it was a good excuse to Netflix and chill.

1 Like

First of all sloths are adorable And second of all I think you’re reading way too much into this

1 Like

Maybe the kids picked out the pajamas

Sometimes people just aren’t great at gift giving. Maybe your 7 year picked the pajama’s out? It was a very thoughtful gesture though…you’re most likely over thinking it. If you’ve been upset lately and feel he truly is giving you a message by the gifts,just simply ask him about it. Either you guys can talk and figure out if something more is going on,or he might tell you he wasn’t sure what to get,or you’re child helped. At least he was thinking of you and took the time to make an attempt to get you something.

1 Like

Sounds like the pjs are the least of her worries

1 Like

Blimey! You’re reading WAY too much into this. Maybe he got you that movie because you mentioned it? You may have only mentioned it once but maybe he remembered that one time, saw it and thought “hey! My wife wanted to watch that” and bought it for you. As for the PJs (which are a great gift btw) maybe he thinks you could do with some chill time? Or maybe they’re to wear and be comfy while you guys watch the movie together? A lot of people don’t get gifts for Mother’s Day and this man has tried. I’d be grateful and a bit more appreciative

3 Likes

I love sloths!! Why would sloth pajamas mean lazy? I have sloth Christmas socks.

At least he got you something :woman_shrugging:t3: Also, sloths are very intelligent animals.

Sloths are in this year for pajamas!

Wow no wonder he doesnt get you anything any other year :roll_eyes:🤦

17 Likes

You’ve got to be the most ungrateful, childish, whiney brat I’ve ever seen. That man went out and spent time doing something special for you and all you can do is nich about all of it. MSYBE they’re a reason he doesn’t do things for you :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming::woman_shrugging:

11 Likes

It’s the thought that counts. Men don’t have that great of taste :rofl:

1 Like

I’d have given anything to have been able to share mothers day with my son let alone getting sloth pyjamas/a movie as a gift. It’s been 4 years and counting since I’ve last been blessed with his presence due to parental alienation. Man I’d give anything for my son’s father to co parent with me for our son let alone to be blessed with my son’s presence and being able to share that day with him and for him to be able to share that day with me. Even if they were the ugliest pyjamas in the world I’d rock them day and night. Be humble and appreciate the small things man, your kids are far more important then thinking silly and working yourself up over something so silly

1 Like

At least you got something. My husband never gets me anything “because you’re not my mother”. His words.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re ungrateful

2 Likes

Sounds like he can’t win! He made an effort and your moaning. I doubt a man would think that much into a pair of pjs! Be grateful

2 Likes

At least you got presents. Be grateful he cared enough to do any damn thing. Some of us cooked for our whole family and did chores all day while hubs slept.

Your reading into this way too much at least he remembered and actually got you something I think your issues are greater than a mother’s day gift

Be grateful. I got nothing but paper crafts my kids made.

:woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3: I am just lost for words. Does your husband need a divorce lawyer??? If this is how you act don’t be surprised when he wants a divorce :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Well my mother used to always say something is better then nothing. And well I’ve never gotten a mother’s day gift birthday gift Xmas gift or any type of gift from mines but yah don’t c me up in hear moaning. The only gift I want is his presence not a present that’s good enough for me

You’re an over thinker aren’t you? Please stop. Enjoy your gift.

3 Likes

Wow is this your only way of trying to get attention?

I got an argument about how useless he felt :woman_shrugging:

The question is are they super soft and comfy though?

Did he take your son to the store? Maybe your child chose the pjs? Even if he chose them im sure it was more to do with just getting something the right size. And as for the movie… you expressed wanting to see it! He doesn’t know the reason why… maybe he felt bad you never actually watched it coz he dismissed it. I think that’s actually pretty thoughtful.

3 Likes

Sounds like someone has some issues of her own and making something crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: out of a Mother’s Day gift :gift: at least he thought of you and maybe they are just pjs you might wanna see a psychologist or therapist something before you end up divorced

2 Likes

Imagine going to get your partner gifts and out of the blue being told it’s not good enough because they’ve taken something the wrong way?

I seriously doubt he meant any offence by it. Cop it on the chin and move on - this is a drama that doesn’t need to be.

1 Like

Wow…
Don’t mean to be rude but come on, he put an effort in and got you stuff, that you can also link back to memories/things you have talked about.
Why complain? That’s being a bit rude towards him and tbh if I was him and saw this would be offended.

2 Likes

Everything has sloths on them right now, its the newest animal craze and plus they are adorable little creatures haha

2 Likes

Wow these comments are rude as hell sounds like some of you have some unresolved issues your self…to the poster it sounds like he tried I know he hasn’t gotten you anything in a while and by the sounds of it maybe he doesn’t know what you like anymore still try to appreciate his effort it is better than nothing and who knows you might grow to like them never mind the rude people here I know a half asses gift when I see one lol he still tried though

I can see why he doesn’t usually buy you gifts. :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

I mean he did get you something I wouldn’t think too much of it at this point it’s gonna cause an even more argument

It’s the thought that counts just be grateful you got stuff maybe ur son helped him pick the items out.

The thought that comes to my mind is you are actually being quite ungrateful your poor hubby at least he made an effort which is nice :woman_facepalming: That’s just my opinion though.

You seem to be overthinking it way too much. Be appreciative of the gifts you received. I love pajamas! :slightly_smiling_face:

It sounds like he tried. I do feel like a husband should know his wife well enough to get proper gifts (and vice versa) at least most of the time but… Sometimes, people are just… poor gift givers. They mean well but unless you tell them explicitly what you want, they might not pick the “right” things. Or they’ll misunderstand/misinterpret suggestions.

You could talk to him about it, if you do it right. Ask what made him choose xyz, see what his answer is, rather than just… Shooting down all of the gifts. You’re not accusing, you’re just curious. Who knows? It may have been very well thought out to him, or as others suggested, your child could have picked things out. If he’s thinking he did well or your little one participated… Crapping all over your gift will just… Hurt everyone. If it’s really a big deal to you after you’ve learned his reasoning, gently offer advice, in the way of being grateful. “The PJs are super comfy! I’m not a huge fan of sloths but, they seem like really snuggly PJs”. Or, “Hey, we should make a night out of the movie! Just you and I, some snacks and snuggles. If we don’t like the movie, at least we’re spending time together!”.

Reframe how you’re thinking of the situation, and be helpful, not resentful.

I mean… I don’t know him. So he could have been lazy when picking things out, and that’s not good either. Gifts should mean something. But even if that’s the case, outright telling him, “I hate all of this” is not the way to go. Don’t cause trouble over it… Find polite and constructive ways to talk about it.

He thought of you. That’s the important part. Even if maybe it wasn’t as “thoughtful” as you’d like.

Marina Button I live this group :sob::joy::sob::joy:

I would see it as ‘he saw pjs with a cute animal on them and thought of me, yay’

No wonder why you got shit all the years before

He tried. It’s more than a lot of women got for Mother’s Day. My husband gets me gifts that…um…I wonder why in the world he picked it. But I got something and he tried. I’d assume the best intentions. And if you can’t get past it, then ask.

Actually you are VERY UNGRATEFUL!!! who says your children didn’t pick them out? Or maybe he thought they were cute! I’d never buy you another thing again :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No offense but if he bought you gifts be grateful it’s hard for guys to buy for us because most of them don’t know what the right think to get is. Did you ever think your kids helped pick out the gifts? Maybe your kids thought the sloths were cute. They are pajamas! It would be a different story if he bought you cleaning supplies for mothers day and told you to scrub floors. He tried this is why men give up because they get ungrateful women who male them feel like they don’t do good enough.

1 Like

Girl at least you got something.

Well are you lazy cuz you sound ungrateful

Did you ever think your son picked all that out. It sounds like a kids choice to his mother. Cherish it damn. Half the time father’s could give two shits whether you got something. Be thankful. And love what your baby got you. Hell I would love a bucket of dirt if it came from my babies. And kill over dead if my old man helped with it …lol

U would only be venting if it were true if it were true then that u were lazy then u shouldn’t be upset

You sound ungrateful!! I can see why he don’t buy you stuff…

No wonder he didn’t get you a gift the last few years. Ungrateful.

You’re wildddddddd is this real :joy::joy::joy:

Men generally don’t know what to buy for women. For my birthday one year my husband got me the “perfect gift” , we live in NY and I’m always cold in the winter so what better than battery powered socks ? Other than being made of wool , wires running through the bottom of the socks and each sock being powered by a 9V battery …nothing at all :joy::joy: Don’t take it personal, he tried

I think the PJs are adorable, but your attitude is UGLY!

He finally does SOMETHING for YOU. And you have complained about 2/3 things. Ungrateful!

Sloths are slow, NOT lazy! They are literally slow moving. Doesn’t mean they are lazy…

Do you work? Are you a SAHM? Then clean the ‘fricking’ house!
Maybe the way you feel about him not doing anything for you, is how he feels about the house? Your not cleaning it, and he’s working all day!? Ungrateful and taken advantage of him!

See how that got twisted like your thoughts on your gifts did?? Ease TF up!
Seems you both need to have conversation about what your expectations are with each other. Communication is KEY.
Go TALK with him about these things that bother you.
I bet you find that maybe He didn’t pick out the pjs. Maybe your kid did!

I hope you wake up and see what you have before it’s to late! My husband unexpectedly was killed. And I look back at little stuff like DAMN I wish I’d said this, or that to let him know I appreciated him more than I shown.
Being a SAHM is hard. But so is working 40+ hours a week, coming home to a clean home, food ready(?), clean clothes for tomorrow’s work day(?), coming home to what your hard work has paid for, to a family that appreciates it is worth all that labor!
You should want your man to come home to a clean house, happy kids, clean clothes and hot food! He just worked his ass off for you to be able to live in that home, clean those clothes & make that meal!
Try to see life from his eyes too every so often. As he should try to do the same with you. Maybe y’all have more respect for each other.

Imagine being this unappreciated when someone gives you gifts they think you’ll like. No wonder he hasn’t done anything for you the last few years. There probably would have been something wrong with that, too.

14 Likes

I think it’s sad you are being told to “at least,” be grateful! You don’t have to ever settle for anyone, including your spouse! It’s not being ungrateful. It’s simply being authentic. I would express my concerns to my spouse and be honest about how you feel!

OAN: instead of him complaining about you not keeping the house clean, I’d suggest he help out. That would be an easy solution to his concern!

18 Likes

Sloths are kind of “trending” I can’t tell you how many baby things I found with sloths when I was looking at baby things for my kiddo…

Sounds like he put effort in. Maybe he didn’t get it “right” but it sounds like he sure tried. (He remembered a movie you mentioned once. Once. That says a lot.)

I wouldn’t read into it. Not based on the PJs.

Hope this helps.

84 Likes

A saying in my house is it’s the thought that counts. He took the time and got things for you. Even if you don’t love them, appreciate him.

Sincerely,
A woman wearing sloth PJs as I write this

18 Likes

Men don’t think like this :rofl: I’m guessing his thought process was more so “let me get her something I know she’s mentioned before so she thinks I’m thoughtful. And hey, women like animals… sloth jammies could be sweet” and was prob proud of gift choices. For him to be that petty to come up with degrading subliminal messages just seems unlikely

289 Likes

These comments are ridiculous. She’s OBVIOUSLY feeling unappreciated, I don’t care how many of you say “sloths are in” right now, if I got a pair of sloth patterned pjs for Mother’s Day I wouldn’t be the happiest in the book… y’all know it too, you just wanna say something else for fb. Feel your feelings mama, your entitled to it. Y’all forget our gut is our best instinct.

5 Likes

You seem pretty extreme about this. If he got you hippos pajamas would he be calling you fat? Flamingos because you’re pink?

Maybe you feel like you’re letting him down by being lazy and you’re projecting your fear into this. Might be something to have a chat about.

192 Likes

It very well could be a message from him but what if your son picked the gifts out? Not all men are good at gift giving…some take years to be considered “thoughtful” :woman_shrugging: just asking him may help figure it out…if infact he got you that stuff deliberately to be an a**hole then give him hell.

9 Likes

Your husband literally has no clue what it meant. He seen something fuzzy and grabbed it. And he got the movie because it was something/an experience y’all shared together and he vaguely remembered lol. Men suck at gift giving sometimes :joy:

27 Likes

Sounds like you have issues deeper than a pajama pattern. Consider having a conversation with your husband about what’s actually bothering you.

61 Likes

Umm i would say your being too sensitive. Maybe your son picked them. And as for the movie suicide squad is not marvel. You sound very ungrateful. Enjoy the thought thats all that matters.

14 Likes

You’re reading too far into it. Sloths are in right now and a popular pattern.

33 Likes

Are you a stay at home mother? Do you work and is your child in school?! I mean I can understand if you were chasing after a child all day and didn’t have time to pick up it comes with the territory kids make messes no matter how often we go behind them and clean and pick up. But if your just not a tidy person in general and he’s the bread winner it makes sense. No one man or woman wants to come home to dirty house every day.

22 Likes

Just be thankful you got something. All I wanted was for someone else to clean the house & I came home from a 12hr shift last night to clean the kitchen myself, so there’s that.

121 Likes

The movie is proof that he listens. If you mentioned it ONCE he’s listening. And maybe your son picked out the pjs.

27 Likes

In all seriousness you really need to be appreciative that he did ANYTHING for you. This is a lesson that I learned much too late. My thoughts is that you’re being super ungrateful.

130 Likes

If you read all that into the gift maybe there’s a lot more to it and you should rethink your relationship. I think your child is too young to purchase you something and maybe he took her shopping and SHE picked the gifts for you. Maybe SHE likes sloths and thought you would too.

11 Likes

Mine got me a coffee maker that he’s been wanting for my bday in April . I don’t even drink coffee. 6 years and he doesn’t know me. ask if we are together?!?

7 Likes

Your 7 year is now old enough to want to go buy you stuff for Mother’s Day. And that’s probably literally the only reason why you actually got something for Mother’s Day for once. I’m willing to bet your child picked everything out for you except the movie. Your husband either just grabbed it in a hurry or vaguely remembered that you may possibly have said you wanted to watch it one time so he got it too.

107 Likes

You seem difficult to please. If he doesn’t get gifts, it’s a problem: if he does they aren’t what you want. A gift is a a gesture and the effort alone says something.

76 Likes

I feel like you’re reading too much into the pajamas bc he’s a man and I doubt he even thought twice about it. I absolutely love sloths I’d be thrilled :joy::joy:

11 Likes

He went shopping without you telling him!!!??? Even though some items that you don’t want, go with it! Ask him to watch the movie with you sometime and just wear the PJ’s. Even though its a sloth he still tried. By himself. Without you telling him to go shopping. Maybe that’s all that store had. Be positive and see how that goes. GOOD LUCK :heart:

4 Likes

Are you sure it’s his way of him suggesting you’re lazy? Is there a chance your son picked the pajamas for you and thought you’d like them because the fabric is soft?
Also maybe your husband got the movie because he was just being thoughtful and remembered that you mentioned it.

I could be wrong but I was just trying to put a positive spin on it for you. Happy late mother’s day

29 Likes

It sounds like you’re projecting. I’d love some sloth pjs. Sloths are cute lol

23 Likes

It sounds like he tried. And that’s a great start. We (insecure moms) tend to read way more into things than men do. He may have thought they were soft and stood there like a deer in headlights trying to guess which one you would like.

4 Likes

None of us know, ask him. He probably doesn’t know how you view sloths, but it would be good for him to know in the future. You can say you really appreciated that he did anything, or even took your son to help if that’s the case but maybe come up for “rules” when gift giving…

There’s LOTS of couples who specifically say this is what I want… send links. Or pictures. Or say don’t buy me anything I’ll buy myself something.

If he never has in the past he finally did this time because he probably didn’t feel pressured, and your son probably picked them out and he randomly saw the movie YOU suggested before. Some people are great gift givers some aren’t. Honestly I think he tried and fell short.

17 Likes

I can’t imagine ever complaining about any gift my husband gave me.

19 Likes

First sloths :sloth: are awesome!!! Maybe your kid picked them out…

20 Likes

My sister’s husband isn’t much of a shopper either, I recall a few years back he went Christmas shopping… We got a laugh when all of the clothing he bought her were maternity. She didn’t think he was calling her fat.
Men are just not as good at shopping!

13 Likes

He hasn’t gotten you anything for years then gets u something and you’re still mad?

13 Likes

Honestly the son probably picked everything including the movie and dad just paid

10 Likes

Maybe your son picked out the pjs?

13 Likes

Maybe your son picked out the pj’s. Marvel kicks ass and is not connected to suicide squad in any way so your safe there… get in those comfy pj’s and say thank you put the movie in cuddle up on the couch .

9 Likes

Thinking into it too much? Sloths are big right now on a lot of clothing items…

9 Likes

You are way over thinking this. It’s just a gift and sloths are popular right now.

10 Likes

Wow! I’ve never analyzed a present this much!
Perhaps he had good intentions and wanted to make an effort? I’ve received many things over the years that are not to my taste but that’s okay…I appreciate his efforts.

6 Likes

Your son might have picked out the pjs. My kids love sloths and have picked out a sloth stuffed animal for me before

5 Likes

My kids love sloths. Chances are high he let your son pick out the gift.

7 Likes

I feel like you’re being way to sensitive.
You should be grateful he got you gifts& appreciate his effort

5 Likes

A gift is a gift. Should be recieved with respect and dignity. Later, if you don’t like it, donate it to a charity.

4 Likes

It sounds like you think that he would buy them to be hurtful. If your really feeling that way you need to talk about it. Men suck at giving gifts but at least you got something. If your relationship is to the point that you think he would do something to passive aggressively hurt you then you need to deal with that whether through confrontation or conversation because that is not good.

4 Likes

I would just enjoy them and not overthink it. If it truly bothers you then just mention it to him. Communication is key and if you feel a certain way then you should be able to express that to him

3 Likes

You sound ungrateful, I can see why he hasn’t gotten you anything in the last couple years. Wow.

6 Likes

Ok I’m actually gonna stick up for you a little here. If you think he knows you better than this then yeah he could have done better. I’ve had past relationships where the man was less than thoughtful at gifts and yeah it did hurt my feelings so I get it and no I’d not think you are necessarily ungrateful. You know your husband better than any of us. With that being said, there could be more to this. Did your son maybe pick out the pajamas because if so it would actually be a very sweet gift. And considering it was Mother’s Day and not Valentine’s Day I’d say that may be the case.

2 Likes

You are extremely ungrateful! What if your child had picked out those pajamas because he/she thought they were cute and hoped you would love them. You should have gotten what you deserve…nothing

2 Likes