My husband canceled our dinner date for his friends: Advice?

My husband would never do that to me. You deserve waaaay better.

10 Likes

Maybe his friend is another woman…

11 Likes

FFS; Women never give a good man who wants her a chance over a shallow hal PRICK like her husband. She obviously taught him how to treat her which is not her fault and doesn’t exonerate him from being a jackass that needs a serious ass kicking from that man that loves you, But if that man who loves you stood up for you and defended you? What would you do? Your answers lies in how your life will continue.

I would have followed him and found out exactly what friend he had plans with and why they were so important. Then, depending on who it was, I would have crashed their little party and let his friends know what a POS he really is. If it was another woman, I would have plenty of pictures on my phone to take to a lawyer with me the next day. Either way, it sounds like he’s accustomed to treating you like a second class citizen. As long as you tolerate it, he’s not going to stop.

11 Likes

Definitely another woman in the picture. Leave hun. I’m sure it’s already on your mind

2 Likes

No sweets, the only thing wrong with you is if you tolerate that. Always remember ppl will only treat you how you allow them to. Make plans with your sister and go out and leave him home with the kiddos. Let your hair down and have a blast!

11 Likes

Tell him okay I’m going also since we already have a babysitter. See what he says to that…

9 Likes

Wow that’s fricken low! And seeing you all dolled up etc ?? Is his friends a female?

I would of have been like cool what’s the plan and went!

1 Like

I bet he is cheating on you. Next just gi out with your friends

I would be beyond mad.

1 Like

He is an idiot he obviously doesn’t value you or your feelings

3 Likes

His priorities aren’t in the right order. He needs to be reminded.

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to divorce him…you and your marriage should rightfully respectfully rightfully always come number one first to him NOT his friends

1 Like

You know where he’s priorities lie and I’m not saying he’s cheating but he might as well be if his attention isn’t on you.

I’d do the same to him an let him know how it feels

Is this the first time he’s done this? How’s the marriage otherwise? It’s not excusable by any means but there’s more to the story I believe.

3 Likes

Did you guys actually have plans for a date night though? There isn’t enough info really, but I see it as you surprised him.

2 Likes

The fact that he didn’t care and jist left i would leave. There is nothing wrong with you when you put your all into a relationship that he could care less about. You need to be happy to and clearly he doesn’t care about yours.

l Get paid over $117 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17454 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat717.pages.dev/

You should leave him. Because he cares more about his friends then you

1 Like

You could have called a friend nearest you and went out as well …

2 Likes

What a jackass! It’s time get tough sweetheart, it’s very obvious he doesn’t respect, appreciate you or value time with you! Sounds extremely immature :roll_eyes:
Get your ducks In a row hun, I have a feeling there’s more behind this🥺 Good luck and prayers for anything that is wrong going on behind your back, I pray it comes to light.

Was there a miscommunication? Did he not realize how important this was to you?

I still.would have went out. Alone even. Sat in a nice restaurant, enjoyed the ambiance and atmosphere without him!

17 Likes

As hard as it is. Don’t cry, put those mascara back, let him baby sit next time and you go out with your sister, friends. Let him see you walk out that door sexy as hell :fire:. I used to cry when men treat me like an option. Now I’m like the hell with them​:sweat_smile:. You got this girl

13 Likes

What a low life…you need to question your relationship and if it’s worth it

2 Likes

Nope. I would of gona without him. He wants to play stupid games, play that sh💩t girl. Then I’d be having a serious talk with him that could result in walking out that door

2 Likes

My ex did that to me many times at the end of the relationship… Turns out his friends where a new women

6 Likes

l Get paid over $117 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17454 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat732.pages.dev/

I would have gone out without him.

1 Like

It hurt my feelings just knowing you are going through this. I went through it with an EX. My current husband is wonderful. I dunno how I got so lucky. I’m so sorry. You can do better and be with a man who wouldn’t even consider doing such an awful thing.

Completely crap. He should spend that time with you that you deserve. Your worth more. He sounds like a loser.

Aw hunny I’m sorry this happened . But never ever let a man treat you like that . Tonight when he gets home I’m sure he’s off though . Get dressed pretty upped and say I’m going out . Your watching kids . You cancelled our plans for your satisfaction and left me here . So I’m going out and enjoying myself . Enjoy and DO NOT BACK DOWN . He’s trying to control you never let that happen .

8 Likes

No way!! He has his priorities mixed up. Watch out for that. It could end up happening often, it’s up to you if you want to continue the BS.

2 Likes

Well I would have just gotten myself together and went out with my friends or by myself. Nothing wrong with you going out alone. I used to do it all the time.

5 Likes

If you can get rid of him. I think you should. Truly.
He isn’t respecting you today and they don’t change. So… Ya… If you don’t want to go through this over and over say Bye. I’m sorry this happened though …

5 Likes

I would’ve went out anyway, by myself, had a great time, and then have him a piece of my mind later

5 Likes

I would ask him why his friend was more important maybe his got really bad news or maybe lost a family member and really need a friend that night we don’t have the full story of why the husband canceled maybe we should have side of the story before we judge him.

1 Like

Instead of just leaving him like others have said. Have a conversation with him on how u feel and why u were hurt. Did he know? Miscommunication maybe? Life is crazy and maybe he literally just forgot? Leaving shouldn’t b #1 and it’s sad that it’s most people’s 1st goto. That’s what’s wrong anymore!!! Give him a chance to explain. Give him a chance to apologize. That’s my opinion :woman_shrugging:t3::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Oh hell no!!! I’d get dressed n call girlfriend n go out!!!

5 Likes

Go right on out yourself and have fun and see how he likes that

4 Likes

And go out another night and leave him with the kids see what he says to that

3 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with you. There’s something wrong with your husband.

5 Likes

Talk to him and tell him how it made you feel. Tell him that you thought maybe he’d be looking forward to time together also and it hurt to feel that he didn’t want time with you. Does he go out with friends normally and was it a special occasion or something important ?

2 Likes

Fix that mascara and go see where he is…

7 Likes

Go to This. https://IncomeGreat757.pages.dev/

Depends if it’s happened before, or if his friends alway come first when there’s things to do around the house, yard. If you’ve talked about it before and nothing has changed, it’s time to rethink the relationship.

Did he know you had plans to go out with him? Surprises are fun but if he had plans then it is what it is , however a good husband would choose his wife over friends. Or he could have suggested you go out with them … afterall you are his best friend. There’s no rule that says no wives allowed

2 Likes

Nothing is wrong with you. Just as much as you two need alone time you also need alone time away from each other. An he’s a man and to him he may not get a chance to hang with his friends again where as he lives with you an you’re not going anywhere so he can have alone time with you whenever. You just need to talk to him an let him know how you felt when he abandoned your plans together for plans with his friends bc he could have included you even if it wasn’t something you’d be interested in at least it would have been something you were doing together. Communication is key in keeping a healthy relationship. So talk to him about it. Believe me you’re not the first an this won’t be the last time it happens to you or any other woman either bc all husbands do it every so often and they don’t even realize it.

He had plans with you and canceled for friends, that’s not ok, and he’s saying his friends are more important knowing you already had plans together. I’d be pissed, and would feel unwanted and unappreciated. I want to spend time with my SO or there’s no point in being together IMO

8 Likes

Fix your makeup call your sitter and go out. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander

8 Likes

He wouldn’t have a place to come home to if that were my husband.

5 Likes

He would be locked tf out and friends instructed to keep him for the night. Fuuuuuuuck that.

Communication and maybe couple counseling

He’s putting his friends before you. I almost feel like he’s not with his friends. You deserve better. There isn’t anything wrong with you. Your husband is an a$$hole.

5 Likes

Dry your eyes, clean up that mascara and go our by your self. Let him go ahead and wonder where you went. Have some me time!

8 Likes

Oh hell no. You should have either told him nope not happening or you should have put on a sexy little outfit and said aight then. You want to cancel on me? I’m still taking advantage of this night and left. And not said crap about where you were going. Hell you could have gone to just a movie by yourself or a damn Starbucks if you wanted. Turn your ringer or phone off. The point is let his mind wander while he is out with his friend. What an asshole.
You think he could have been out with another woman or a legit friend?

No you’re dressed to go out.you got a baby setter.call a friend and go out have dinner and a good time.what good for him good for you.

8 Likes

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $15984 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://proworkings1370.pages.dev/

Yea girl um there is some one else he is seeing. That’s a fact. My husband would never stand me up, ever.

2 Likes

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $15984 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://proworkings1374.pages.dev/

Yea you stick around for that leave and find a good man

1 Like

The only thing wrong is you’re married to a dick. Throw the whole man away

He took out another woman. Sorry

I would have went out without him

5 Likes

One day he probably won’t be your husband anymore. That’s disrespectful and in poor taste. You deserve better.

2 Likes

Was this already pre-planned or did you spring this up on him last minute? I’ve learned from my husband that we have to make plans ahead of time, sometimes weeks in advance, because he has friends that are important to him. Something last minute always leaves me disappointed. If this was pre-planned and he was aware of it just sit down and tell him how it made you feel and come up with some type of compromise so this doesn’t happen in the future.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be able to get over that. Wipe the mascara off your face & go out & enjoy yourself without him. Then leave him.

5 Likes

There is nothing wrong with you that wouldn’t be helped with a night out. This was a thoughtless action on his part.

If this was me I would of went out by myself

6 Likes

Should’ve went out alone or with a friend too

1 Like

If it was preplanned that’s totally unacceptable. If it was a surprise and he had other plans, then you can’t be upset with him. Make plans always.

Girl I would have went out anyway and I definitely wouldn’t have let him see me cry.

5 Likes

Wow really not ok at all.You were dressed and all should have gone out enjoy yourself call a few friends.If not go out alone.

1 Like

No friend is worth standing your wife up thiera something fishy about that

9 Likes

My husband did this early in our marriage. He learned quickly after that. 40 years later and he wouldn’t dare do that again

12 Likes

Girl you better throw on your short skirt, call some girlfriends and go find a pole to swing around. Send him pics from the after party at the hotel :grin:

15 Likes

Wow! This pretty cold. And it’s not you. He is selfish

3 Likes

Why didn’t he invite you? That’s weird as fuck. But communication is key, tell him you’re pissed

My husband would’ve only canceled like that on me if it was serious. Maybe the friend did need him more. But I don’t know the dynamic of your relationship or theirs. I know if he did it to me and didn’t provide a lot of info, there is a reason. I wouldn’t have melted down over it though, but like I said, I don’t know how your trust works so…? Talk to your husband and communicate!

1 Like

Put your foot down now! Don’t let him treat you that way!

If you tolerate it this one time he will repeat it.

I would send him a text to come home….Now.

Tell him in the text your feelings.

See what he does with that.

If he doesn’t care you have your answer.

4 Likes

Wow, I’d be pissed. How come you couldn’t go with him to hang out with his friends?

3 Likes

So he made plans for a night out with you, his wife, came home, said oops, I forgot I made plans with my friends… and left you at the house while he went out to have fun? :thinking:
Nope, not ok.
But at that point I would not want to be with him that night, I would have made some girlfriend or spa night plans on the fly, and definitely not have mascara running down my face!!

I would have went out without him I would have told him to stay at that friend house

1 Like

That’s not ok. Next tine, take your ass out on a date with yourself. I know time with him is important but time with yourself is too. He didn’t respect you or your feelings at all. He can stay home with the kids for you to get some me time.

That was just wrong on his part but wipe those tears, call up a friend and go have fun Mama. I’m sorry this happened to you

1 Like

Um sounds selfish, his priority should’ve you and spending time with you being as though u mentioned you all haven’t been able to spend time alone for a while. Etc. Sounds a lil fishy to me…it’s not you girl it’s him. You take yourself out wine & dine you hang with your friends. You deserve to have a good time too .

1 Like

This is super sad. I’m sorry this happened to you. You should of came first.

1 Like

I would have told him that you are going out and want HALF the money of what your date would have costed since he is canceling and use that money to go out. Then next time he wants to go out, you get all dolled up, wait til he is excited about going and ditch him. See how he likes it.

1 Like

If he said where he is going you and a friend should show up! You will know if he is cheating or a selfish jerk or both. Either way I would make it LOUD and clear in front of everyone this is unacceptable. If he is with his buddy. Tell him just wanted to let you know I won’t be home either and walk out. If it’s another woman. Hold out our left hand and tell her it has been there for ? Years and ? Kids and walk out. Don’t let him see you cry. You gotta get your mad on!! :heart::pray:

2 Likes

yet he made plans with you and could back down. what an asshat. take yourself out, have a good time & forget about him for the night.

Book yourself a night at a luxury hotel ( use his card if u have the details). Take a close friend with u and have a nice meal. Massages. Girl time.

That’s what I would do. And when he asks where u are, don’t tell him. Ignore his calls and messages for 1 day. Let him feel what u feel

1 Like

There’s something wrong w/ him, not you!
Men don’t treat their wives like this if they love and respect them and want a life long relationship.
Period. All the excuses in the world won’t change my mind. If he’s never done this before, then he’s starting to do either he ends it or you do.
If it’s really his friends he left to go with out, or another women, or a purple unicorn, he has himself prioritized over you, your children, your relationship and his vows he made.
Time for serious discussions w/ him and you’ll have to decide if he’s worth wasting the rest of your life on if he keeps this up. It’s not an easy decision and I’m sorry you’re facing this.
Best of luck.

9 Likes

Sweety you always have a sitter. He can stay home any nite and watch his kids while you go out with your friends!!!

4 Likes

That’s effed up!! He should be ashamed of himself.

1 Like

What a tool. Sit down and talk with him. Let him know how you are feeling. His response and actions afterwards will let you know where things stand.

2 Likes

People will treat you like crap if you let them… I bet this is the first time this has happened

1 Like

I would have gone out anyways!

10 Likes