My husband complains my food isn't good: Help!

He can also cook for the family.

3 Likes

Try cooking his tongue… that will solve your problem

7 Likes

My friend loves the book, Joy of Cooking. Chicken Piccatta recipe.

Have him grill a steak or piece of fish like salmon or Cod, bake some potatoes, maybe a salad or corn on the cob for sides.

Make him cook his own dinner
If he can’t be grateful you’re trying, making an effort, then don’t cook.

2 Likes

Season season season that’s the trick season your food an don’t rush through it

2 Likes

has he tried helping you? my ex knew i was shit with cooking, but all he did was criticise me and put me down for it, not once did he offer to help me do better.

or tell.him he can do the cooking instead.

I am so lucky to invest with Mrs Elizabeth James this is the only account manager I’ve seen to be legit and also keeps to her words, I don’t really know if there are others out there. But I can tell you since i started investing with her I’ve been benefitting from her platform a lot. You can contact her and make your own profit, message her on the link below :point_down::point_down::point_down:

Crockpot meals start with recipes for that

I’ve always loved making stuffed bell peppers.
Green bell peppers, cut tops off and pull out everything from inside and put in pot of water to boil. Brown meat, add tomato sauce when done and add cooked rice and salt and pepper to taste. When peppers are done (soft), fill and bake (I usually skip baking them though because I’m impatient to eat them lol).
I always make lots of the stuffing so when I cut the pepper open I add more stuffing and sometimes even eat just the stuffing by itself when all the peppers are gone. I also sometimes like to add creole seasoning when I eat the peppers.

Absolutely ask him what he will eat, and perhaps suggest that he cooks if he doesn’t like what you prepare. I wouldn’t be that polite and nice about it though.:smile:

Go on pintrest, they have tons of recipes on there and you can save them all so you can easily go back and keep the things he likes and what he doesn’t

1 Like

Make sure it is seasoned good get an instapot and look recipes up on line. I can make some good ribs, pot roast stew. Also a crockpot is great. Look up recipes. They are usually very tasty

1 Like

Honestly, tell him to cook otherwise shut his mouth

3 Likes

Learning about crypto investment is a lucrative skill one can have, it gives you the privilege to see into the future and act towards it. It’s really amazing how it works, I was able to generate enough cash flow from my crypto investment. Reach out to Mrs Elizabeth James for more inquiries.
Contact her via the link below​:point_down::point_down::point_down:

I just got hellofresh. haha he helps me choose the meals the week before. Easy done.

I have been searching online a long time ago trying to get an income earning opportunity, but I only managed to run into different fake traders who never returned my profits until I met mrs ElizabethJames. I was convinced by her trade strategies especially after seeing lot of testimony about her. I have enjoyed a number of successful trades with her platform already and I can recommend her platform to everyone free free to contact her.:point_down:

Casseroles are easy and tasty.
By yourself a pressure cooker & a cookbook

l get paid over $137 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19190 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption613.pages.dev/

Look up recipes. They will walk you thru every step

Bow tie noodles with Smoked sausage and sweet peppers.

Cook bow tie noodles

Heat pan (1 table spoon coconut oil) cook sausage and peppers.

Drain water from the noddles. Add a Tablespoon of butter to noodles. Add sausage and peppers to noddles.

In same pan you used to cook the sausage. Add beef stock (2 cups) add black pepper and garlic (1/2 teaspoon of each). Bring to boil. Stir so it doesn’t burn. Once you bring it to boil lower to simmer (about 5 minutes).

Add to noddles.

It takes about 20 minutes. Plus 5 minutes of prep work.

Really yummy. Feeds 12 people 1/4 to 1/2 cup servings.

2 Likes

Make it yourself.com

I use pinterest to look for simple tasty recipes. I’ll just put in a keyword like chicken breast recipes and a bunch come up. I use a good combination of seasonings and that’s probably just what you’re missing. The more spices you experiment with the better you get at combining them. Your husband also needs to cut you some slack. Not all of us are born chefs. I’ve made some pretty nasty meals but my husband will politely try to force it down lol

2 Likes

Tell him to cook for himself then!

9 Likes

Tell him To cook, if he doesn’t appreciate your efforts

6 Likes

Tell him to cook for himself!!! How rude and inconsiderate of him when you’re actually trying.

Perhaps you could ask him what he wants to eat then look up some recipes online. Then shop for the ingredients and cook together. The ones you like keep, the ones you don’t bin and keep going. Every week try new stuff if you like. After a while your skills will improve and you’ll know plenty of stuff to cook

3 Likes

Tell him to cook. Ungrateful jerk.

3 Likes

Tell him to cook his damn self :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Tell him to cook his own.

2 Likes

Make him cook then cheeky fuc,ker🤣 I would not be looking for other things to cook,you’re not his mother.

Crockpot meals - so many delicious recipes online and so easy to use

Next time he says that say “ok do better yourself” cook NOTHING for him from then on. See how long it takes him to admit you cook better than him & beg for you to cook again.

3 Likes

l get paid over $137 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19190 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption643.pages.dev/

I think he may be ungrateful. My husband eats everything I put in front of him, never complains and always thanks me. He just asks for all meat to be well done :blush:

2 Likes

Tell him to cook his own dinner then, ungrateful jerk!

5 Likes

Let that fool cook for himself

5 Likes

Tell him to go cook it himself or add a special ingredient

4 Likes

Ask him to show you how. One bit of advice once he shows you how compliment him on his food and say he can cook from now on cause you both know he’s better. lol… he may then learn to shut up and order takeout more often.

Let me guess, when y’all met he said stuff like “you’re not like the other girls” …
You agreed and felt special, but this was not a compliment…
When men say this they reveal that in spite of their general contempt for women, they will make an exception for you. Then they proceed to revert back to their general gender contempt using criticism to bolster their beliefs. Run.
Not the recipe you asked for, but the one you needed…

1 Like

I knew I wasn’t a good cook when I got with my bf. I watch good shows and keep a notebook near me to write notes.

Also you may want to consider finding some cooking classes near you. Or maybe some cooking groups and make new friends while learning to cook.

Tell him to go back to MUM. He may be happy there

6 Likes

Garlic powder and minced garlic in the jar are staples when cooking. They add so much flavor.

1 Like

Firstly, tell him if “it’s not good enough” then he’s welcome to do the cooking himself. (ungrateful @$$hat) Secondly, you don’t give up!! None of us were “experts” when we first started trying to cook…it takes time and trial and error and sometimes, more time. You’ll get there hunny. Don’t give up on yourself. Pinterest is great for different recipes! Best of luck to you!!

5 Likes

Don’t give up. Just keep practicing. Also, if he doesn’t like the food you cook he has two hands and can cook himself.

3 Likes

Go on strike!! Self serve

3 Likes

Tell him HE can cook then. Let’s see what you got Mr. Perfect :wink:

4 Likes

I’m gonna give you my absolute favorite recipe, it’s for an Italian cheese stuffed meatloaf. You’ll need 1lb hamburger meat, Italian seasoning ritz crackers, 1 egg, Prego pasta sauce (I use the chunky garden) and Mozzarella cheese. In a bowl, place your meat, seasoning, egg and about 1/3 of the jar of sauce. Mix that together, then crush the ritz crackers and mix that in until you can form a good solid ball out of it, now transfer it to plastic wrap or parchment, and flatten it out about 1/2-1 inch thick, spread cheese all across it, and then use the parchment to then roll up the meat into a nice loaf. Cool at 350 for 45 mins, remove from oven and top with more sauce and mozzarella. Bake or broil til that cheese looks nice and enjoy.

2 Likes

Tell him to cook!! Fuck that!!

There is a Facebook group/page called Spend with Pennies. Posts the most delicious recipes on here and are so easy to follow. Worth a try. My other advice would be when you cook a dish and it says brown the onions/veg do it low to medium heat SLOWLY. It caramelises the veg and brings more flavour to the dish. Try not to rush if you can, the longer you cook most dishes the better they will taste. Find out what his favourite meals are, look up recipes and try them. Remember, people eat with their eyes, so use different coloured vegetables, salads, fruit. Aim for red, yellow, green, orange, white. The more colours, the more nutrients. Good luck.

1 Like

Cast iron is easy and an Instapot. Use garlic, black pepper and paprika.

1 Like

There Are monthly meal plans and recipes on momsavesmoney.net. None are super hard and my husband is super impressed with the variety

Give that man directions to the store and tell him to do it his damn self​:joy::rofl:

Slow cooker can help make meals without much work! Simple recipes can be found online, or get him to cook if he doesn’t like it so much :joy:

3 Likes

Let his ass cook. Tell him he gets to cook a couple nights aweek.

Lots of trial and error when learning how to cook herbs are your friend and garlic lol!!!

1 Like

Tell him if he dont like the food he can make it himself if not be quiet and stop complaining :rofl::rofl: xx

10 Likes

You could try my favorite menu options of take it or leave it. There’s also the cook your own damn dinner as a choice as well.
Ask him to be specific, does it need salt or other different herbs/spices? Is it too tough/tender?
You could ask him to pick a few things he wants for dinner that week and that will give you time to find some new recipes. Just Google the things he asks for, there’s tons of recipe sites out there.
Just saying your cooking isn’t good doesn’t help and is just mean.

He will eat some pretty gross things before you start getting good. Practice, patience and SPICES! Salt, pepper, garlic is always a must. I love a crock pot (slow cooker). Put some meat, vegetables or both well seasoned. Cook over night, or through the day. 6 to8 hours on low is my favorite setting.

Funny. I get the occasional complaint about spices but I do get tired of thinking about and cook every meal for the family.

2 Likes

He has 2 hands… he doesn’t like your food?? He can cook something for himself.

4 Likes

I like to make goulash. Use 1 pound ground chuck. Add 1 Tbsp garlic powder. 1 Tbsp oregano. 1 Tbsp basil. 1 medium onion. 1 half cup fresh sliced mushrooms. Brown the ground chuck. Drain. Add onion and mushrooms continue to cook on low. Cook one box of spiral noodles (Rigatoni) until done, add two 15 Oz cans crushed tomatoes and the meat mixture. Mix well. Heat until hot. Serve with Parmesan cheese. Another dish I like to make is bacon fried rice. Take one pound of bacon, the bargain bacon works. Slice in bite sized pieces. Put in deep sided skillet or wok. Add diced medium onion. Add One Tbsp garlic. While this is cooking, take 4 eggs and scramble in coffee cup. Place in microwave . Cook till done. When cooked, add to bacon mixture. Sprinkle with soy sauce. Use Kikkoman or it will taste nasty. Meanwhile, make three cups instant rice. When this is done, add to bacon mixture and fry all together till rice is mixed well with bacon mixture. Add soy sauce in sprinkle while cooking. When well mixed, serve with soy sauce to individual taste. These are just two of my favorites. Hope you like them.

1 Like

Why don’t you tell him to do it then! Jeez what is with these husbands??

1 Like

Super simple for when you are going to be home to supervise it. Beef or pork roast. Throw the meat, potatoes and your choice of veggies (I often use carrots, turnip, sometimes cabbage) all in the roast pan. Fill bottom with water to an inch and a half maybe… spice entire meal with salt pepper garlic and onion, you could even sprinkle with a powdered onion soup mix to really flavor the broth. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours depending on size of roast. Take the cover off for the last half hour or so to brown the meat. Delicious and doesn’t take a lot of effort.

1 Like

Tell him to cook for himself! Problem solved!

4 Likes

Been there and stay there. It could be the best food and a dude still wanna find something wrong. It’s a power thing girl. Just ignore his ass. Eat or starve mf

1 Like

Maybe he’s the better cook. Give him the job!

2 Likes

Give him cold toaster waffles🙂 If he wants to be ungrateful and make you feel bad, he can have cold toaster waffles
OR of course, like the grown man he is, perhaps he could feed himself if it’s an issue?

2 Likes

Pinterest! You can look up easy recipes on Pinterest. Once you get the hang of some easy recipes, you can try and explore different recipes. Also, ask any friends or relatives what their favorite dish to cook is and have them come over and teach you! Cooking is always fun with someone else (unless it’s my husband, because he always stands in my way :joy:)

1 Like

Google has a ton i work as a nanny and need to cook for the family you will find tons just make sure you look at the reviews it gets better been cooking for my family to :heart:

My husband loves my cooking, thankfully. But, he’s also quoted in multiple occasions (from his mother), “it’s not a restaurant. You eat what you get”.
That normally comes up when I try to over-please with food allergies (I have a ton and that’s a big issue), dislike vs. hate, etc., when having friends over or cooking for others.
My suggestion would be to ask him to give you a list of 20 of his favorite dishes (20 so you have wiggle room). Research those and find a recipe you feel comfortable with (have a fave celebrity chef? Look up John Doe “X” recipe on google. Gordon Ramsay, despite opinions, has some super, easy follow recipes; Bobby Flay, Rick Bayless and Aaron Sanchez are some of my favorite tex mex/southwest/Mexican faves - grab the food network app and browse the recipes, watch a couple cooking shows - if y’all like seafood, Fish the Dish is a show I’ve been enjoying on Pluto and/or Tubi - free download with live and on demand options).
This may seem ballsy but ask WHY he dislikes your food? If he’s missing mommy’s kitchen fare, ask her or an aunt/sister/cousin if they have recipes of hers that could be handed down.
If all that isn’t enough?
It’s not a fucking restaurant. Eat it or make your own.

perhaps watch some You Tube cooking tutorials or cooking shows.

Yall need to stop insulting this man for talking to his WIFE about his feelings and needs… He just wants to encourage her to improve. It said nothing about him NEVER cooking. Let the man discuss how to improve their daily lives. Is the floor just egg shells in yall’s “homes”?

4 Likes

if he doesn’t like your cooking, then tell him, maybe he should now do all of the cooking :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tell him to cook for himself the ungrateful fuck

He just won the prize of cooking for the fam

He can find he’s own food then

He has to communicate with you and tell you what he likes… what meats…what vegetables… everyone has different tastes… then you can cook something that everyone can enjoy…

Is your husband limbless ? Let him cook his own fckin food. The audacity.:expressionless:

4 Likes

I’d ask him what he likes and doesn’t like. Look up recipes that have good reviews. If he still doesn’t like it after all that, I’d tell him he is now the family chef. Lol then complain about how much his cooking sucks. :smile:

1 Like

Get a crockpot …it does everything for you all you do is dump and set. Tons of recipes all over Pinterest.
I myself would tell my hubby to pound sand if he told me I’m a terrible cook

2 Likes

lots of different spices and pinterest

If possible ask his family what they enjoyed eating and get tips from them how they cook. We all have different taste, but I think you can find a happy medium with a little effort on both on your sides. Ask him what he would like to eat, maybe he likes to cook. The men in my family love to cook

1 Like

Simple fix, Let your husband takeover dinner duty for half the week. Clearly he thinks he could do better :wink:

3 Likes

“Dorito casserole” 2 cans of chicken breast. A container of sour cream. 1 cans cream of chicken. 2 cups shredded cheese (I prefer fiesta blend). A jar of salsa. 1 bag of crushed Doritos.
Mix everything together except 1/4 of the crushed Doritos. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Top with Doritos.
Everyone I’ve made it for has LOVED this recipe.

1 Like

I’m laughing at all of the comments saying let him do all of the cooking… lol… maybe try asking him what he would like for dinner each night and you guys cook together so he can teach you how he likes things. There’s nothing wrong with a man expressing his thoughts/feelings. Or maybe ask for tips from his mom if you have a good relationship with her, since you already said you know you aren’t the best cook. :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

There are many short cooking demos on YouTube that could help you out. Just follow their easy recipes until you establish a pallette for flavor profiles. Always keep salt, pepper, garlic & onion powder around. Men seem to be fond of hot sauce so you can ask him about his preference in that. It seems overwhelming right now but we all started off young and our cooking improves with time & experience. You’ll catch your stride. :wink:

1 Like

He can cook then or do the shopping and help you since he’s apparently a Masterchef :woman_shrugging: can not stand a picky ass grown adult.

Tell him to cook himself.

2 Likes

Tell him to do the cooking?? (Then spend the first few times moaning it’s crap :rofl:) My partner is the better cook, so he does it in our house and I’m better at cleaning so I do that… he’s not a baby, he’s capable of pulling his weight

6 Likes

Give your husband a list of take out menus or the number to a lawyer.

6 Likes

Allrecipes.com is a great recipe website. You can even put in what you have in the cupboard and they’ll give you a recipe for it. Maybe you can check the community college and the two of you could take a cooking class together. Or Google couples cooking class. It just takes practice to get the timing, seasoning and portions right. Don’t give up.

Find out what he does not like about it.

Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks, cook in frying pan till done, add a box of rice a roni and add whatever box says to cook, also a bag of frozen veggies. When veggies are cooked add a jar of your favorite salsa. Heat thru. Serve in a bowl. It’s about 15-20 min cook time. Easy.

For everyone suggesting that HE take over the cooking if he’s not happy with her, with all due respect, thats not what she asked for… she admitted she’s not the bezt cook and asked for tips… so obviously she desires to become. Better cook for her husband/family. We don’t know her family dynamic… maybe he workd out of the house and she stays home and their agreement was that she takes care of the cooking and cleaning while he brings home the money… I know plenty of women, myself included, who would happily stay home with the kids and be a homemaker if finances allow it. So maybe help her with what she asked for rather than suggesting her husband cook. For all we know she asked him what he honestly thought about her cooking and he answered her honestly, like she asked…

Crock pot meals are super easy and usually pack lots of flavor because they are slow cooked… One super easy crok pot meal is pot roast, throw in baby carrots, some onions, garlic, onion soup mix & water. Later in the day once that’s cooked down some, add some fresh mushrooms and canned green beans. Make some homemade mashed potatoes and you got yourself a delicious pot roast that will be juicy, falling apart & flavorful with minimal effort… if you want to make it even simpler you can cut up some potato cubes and throw it in to cook with the pot roast instead of making mashed potatoes.

Look up crock pot meals on google… they’re so easy & never disappoint in my opinion. Just throw everything in in the morning and pretty much forget about it.

2 Likes

Um if you’re cooking he eats it anyway. My husband will tease me about it but he will eat it and thank me. I am a good cook but sometimes something burns a bit or something lol I have ADD so sometimes I forget I am cooking something haha

1 Like

God forbid a wife wants to actually do something for her husband… no wonder the divorce rate is so high. Women acting like they shouldn’t have to do anything to make their husband happy…

4 Likes

But anyway try crack chicken that’s a favorite here. Pop a couple chicken breasts (salt and pepper seasoned) into the insta pot with a ranch packet, cheddar cheese 1 cup, 1 block of cream cheese, cooked bacon chopped up, 1/2 cup of water. 15 mins on manual and VOILA. I serve either on mashed potatoes, rice or sometimes on a hamburger bun with hot sauce and french fries

1 Like

I’d def say if it matters to you, learn how to cook.
Start with YouTube, research, buy “Salt, Fat, Heat, (there’s a 4th thing but I can’t remember if)”, use seasonings you haven’t used before.

Or something my kids love is tatertot casserole. 1 lb ground beef seasoned with salt pepper, a can of cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken with a bag or can of corn mix with meat put that in a casserole dish then sprinkle with salt and pepper then top with a bag of tater tots and then 2 cups of cheddar cheese and bake at 375 till cheese is perfect melted 20ish mins

1 Like