My husband complains my food isn't good: Help!

Tell him if he dont like wat u cook thers a burger place down tha road I think ur a great cook hes just being a particular whiney ass kid tell him chang ur diaper an eat ur a marvelous cook hunny

Or impossible cheeseburger pie which is Bisquick as directed on box, add cooked ground beef seasoned salt, pepper, onion chopped, garlic. Cheese and mix and place in a greased pie plate and baked for 25 mins at 375

Delish has great recipes. Everything I make from there turns out good. I also use Marley Spoon meals, they ship all of the ingredients and recipes. I figured out that I actually spend less on groceries this way.

How about having him cook?

4 Likes

This is so good and easy.

Lord tell him to do it his damn self then :roll_eyes:

Taste everything as you go, and don’t be afraid of seasoning things with things besides salt and pepper. One of my family favorites is shepherds pie. Brown some hamburger, season with a hamburger or steak house seasoning blend, drain the grease and mix in a jar of beef gravy, put in the bottom of a baking pan (usually I use a 9x13 but have done bigger depending on how many I’m feeding), top the hamburger with drained, canned sweet corn, take big drops of mashed potatoes and drop them all over the top of the corn and ground beef and spread it gently because everything will want to stick to the potatoes, sprinkle shredded Colby Jack cheese on top and bake for a half hour at 375.

1 Like

I’m not a very good cook either but this was easy enough for me and taste so good! Look this up on allrecipes chicken francaise

Follow every recipe the way it is written. Then after you get a few under your belt you can tweak it anyway you want. Ask him what he likes to eat then google a simple recipe. Easy peasy. And a slow cooker is a God send.

Tell him to cook then

Let me just say You Tube lol. Just look up simple easy recipes at first. Most those videos show you step by step!

Spices !!! All recipes is amazing spot , Pinterest . Do a casserole or 2 but reach out . Do a old school meal , plan your recipes through the week. Spaghetti with meatballs , maybe fried or baked pork chops with rice and cabbage , do burritos one night , I always stuff mine with mexi corn, seasoned black beans and Spanish rice , and queso with a meat y’all enjoy in it don’t forget the lettuce, tomato etc . I will do shrimp and steak , or ground turkey , chicken cut up . Another night do a whole chicken so easy put in toaster pan in oven with lots of butter and seasoning very easy side it with cheesy mashed potatoes , a fav vegetable. I learned that keeping a solid menu through the week helps. Sometimes it’s hard I work 60 hours a week so I find it a bit easier.

Sear the meat before roasting it. Holds in the juices and keeps the spices infused. It’s my daughters and i’s favorite trick that hello fresh taught us. That, and if a dish has a time on it, go by it. Try it- then add more time if needed

It’s not about your recipes girl. It’s about your seasonings! Don’t be afraid to season your food. Season any meat before you add it to your main dish. Good all around seasoning. (Slap ya mama, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper girl) 

1 Like

Ask him if he can cook any better.If he thinks so both of you cook a meal see who’s is better Bring in outside tasters to judge dishes.My wife likes my cooking better then her own. We make meals together.

2 Likes

I follow recipes online then see how it comes out from there I tweak it to my liking… spices are your friends…how’s his cooking? :laughing:

Ask him if his hands are broke remember 50 50 I am a terrible cook but my husband a awesome one

1 Like

Ok you need to figure out who did the cooking in his family and if he liked it or not . If he did go to them and get tips and recipes with detailed instructions. Everyone has a baseline they judge from learn his .

Tell him to cook​:woman_shrugging::fu:

1 Like

Pinterest has simple good recipes.

You gotta season the food. Lol. There’s so many things to sue but I use sautéed onions alot. Especially in spaghetti or when I make certains meats.
I can’t say I use recipes, per se, so start googling what you can do with noodles, even ramen, chicken, pork chops, etc. We don’t use beef bc we use deer meat and that gets cooked a bit different.
You’ll get there, it just takes practice. :black_heart:

1 Like

When my husband and I married 23 years ago, I went to his mom’s house and had her teach me to cook. Everyday we would cook a different meal together and then after a while I could cook anything and the way husband liked it. Best thing I ever did cause now I can cook some good food❤

2 Likes

Tell him to cook than.

2 Likes

My bf doesn’t really like my “Yankee food” lol we live in the south where he’s from. So I told him that’s fine, you are now in charge of food shopping and cooking. There’s a few things he likes that I make so if he wants them he will buy everything I need to make them. Make it his responsibility if your cooking isn’t “good enough”. There’s also the frozen “tv dinner” option.

3 Likes

I’d hand him my apron and spatula! Pinterest is my go too, start with simple recipes and in time you will find what works for best for you.

1 Like

Tell him to cook if he’s so concerned.

Sounds like he should cook

Feed him fast food for 2 weeks and then cook for him.

1 Like

Tell him to cook himself

I don’t cook the best but my husband is a great cook, we alternate who cooks! He still eats what I cook, its decent but I’m always worried that it dont taste the greatest but he doesn’t complain about it besides I made a new meal once and he said it didnt taste good!

He sounds unappreciative. I’d make him make his own shit

You tube and pinterest. Start out simple and go from there. Ask him what his favorite meals are, then search for the recipes. Also, if you don’t have one already, get a crockpot. There are so many easy and delicious recipes.

Step 1: tell him he can cook for himself
That’s it, that’s the only step to this recipe :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

When my husband and I married, back in the dark ages. We spent the first year with me trying to cook. It was pretty much hopeless. I can bake, but not really “cook”. OTOH, he was hopeless at balancing the checkbook. We made an agreement on our first anniversary that he would cook if I cleaned up after, and I would make sure that the finances stayed in the black. We’re celebrating 40 years this year. He cooks all sorts of awesome things, I clean up the kitchen after dinner. In a pinch, I can cook pasta and toss a salad.

5 Likes

Psh. Make him cook his own food :joy:

2 Likes

Goulash

• 2 lbs ground beef
  • 3 tsp minced garlic
  • 3 c water
  • 2 cans tomato sauce 15 oz cans
  • 2 cans diced tomatoes 15 oz cans
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 3 TB soy sauce
  • 1 TB seasoned salt
  • 2 TB Italian seasoning
  • 2 c elbow macaroni uncooked
  • 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
  1. Saute ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat until cooked. Drain. Add garlic and saute for about 5 minutes. Add water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, soy sauce, and seasoned salt. Stir well. Cover and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes.�
  2. Add the uncooked elbow macaroni to skillet, stir well, return the lid and simmer for about 30 minutes. Turn off heat, remove the bay leaves, and add 1 cup of cheddar cheese right before serving

Try watching some of the cooking shows and then if you see something you like you can get the recipe and instructions online.
Honestly, cooking never was easy for me and I’m not a natural, but once you find a handful of recipes you can make regularly, you will develop more confidence and you will learn as you go.

2 Likes

Beef stew

INGREDIENTS:

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 pounds stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 pound baby red potatoes, quartered
  • 4 carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 cups beef broth
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce ( I make my own - google is your friend )
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary ( I don’t use this )
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional ( I don’t use this )
  • 2 bay leaves ( I don’t use this)
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour ( I don’t do this )
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

DIRECTIONS:

• Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
  • Season beef with salt and pepper, to taste. Add beef to the skillet and cook until evenly browned, about 2-3 minutes.
  • Place beef, potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, paprika, caraway seeds and bay leaves until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  • Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
  • In a small bowl, whisk together flour and 1/2 cup stew broth. Stir in flour mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until thickened. ( I didn’t do this last time )
  • Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.

***Magic Pie Lemon ***

*** Ingredients:***

° 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed Eagle Milk (not evaporated milk)

° 1/2 cup lemon juice

° 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel or 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract

° 2 eggs, separated

° 1 graham cracker or baked pie crust (8 or 9 inches)

° 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar

° 4 tablespoons of sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven 325 degrees F . In a medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon peel or extract, and egg yolk; Stir until the mixture thickens. Pour into refrigerated graham cracker crust or refrigerated pie crust.

In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, whisking on medium speed, 1 tablespoon at a time; Beat for 4 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved and becomes stiff and glossy.

Spread the meringue over the pie, carefully closing it at the edge of the crust to prevent shrinkage. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until they turn light brown. Let it cool down. Leave leftovers covered in the refrigerator.

I’d stop cooking for him and make him do it and see how good he does it…
He doesn’t appreciate you, so stop doing it for him.

4 Likes

I’m very happy to see myself among those people testifying about Mrs Elizabeth James , how she helped us earn huge amount of money from home through trading, I never believe it before till I received my profits successfully it. was like a dream.i made my first withdrawals completely.if you are interested to earned from home, kindly click the name for more information
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Shrimp or crawfish etoufee
Frozen shrimp or crawfish cook in butter. (Onions if desired)Add can rotel can of cream of mushroom can of cream of chicken Cook till thick gravy consistency. Serve over rice. You likely will not have to season due to rotel and cream of …

Let him starve lmao. He don’t like it. Then he can cook his own damn food. I’m not the best cook either and cook almost every night. And I absolutely hate cooking.

Potatoe stew. Boil potatoes. Take out and peel. Cut into chunks. Cook Cajun sausage down. Add potatoes mash partially add little water as needed to create thick consistency. Serve over rice. You may not have to season depending on sausage used. I use Richards with green onions

Hope those help. Easy recipes.

Definitely buy a crockpot they are amazing, put everything in there in the morning come home poof A meal

1 Like

Chicken spaghetti. Boil spaghetti noodles. Can of cream of mushroom can of cream of chicken. Large can of canned chicken drained. Mix up. Once the noodles are done mix in noodles to cream of and chicken mixture. Top with sliced velveta cheese. Oven 350 for 5 min then broil a little to brown top of cheese

He’s a grown ass man with hands and a brain. He can cook if he’s unsatisfied.

2 Likes

Since he’s the expert, tell him to show you how.:expressionless:

6 Likes

Sweet n sour meatloaf
1 egg
5 tbs ketchup
2 tbs mustard
1/2 c dried breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
1 lb ground beef
1/4 c sugar
2 Tbs brown sugar
2 tbs Apple cider vinegar

Beat egg
Add 2 Tbs ketchup mustard bread crumbs dry soup mix salt and pepper
Mix with ground shape in oval
350 at 40 min

Small bowl Combine sugars vinegar and remaining ketchup
Take out meatloaf spread topping over meatloaf. Bake additional 10-15 min.

Sometimes in life you have to do what you’re afraid of doing because it might turn out to be the best decision, trading has never serve me right until I came across ma’am Elizabeth James who changed my life for better, ever since I started investing in her platform, I no longer have financial issues, thank you very much,
contact her to get started
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Make him cook for you if he doesn’t like your cooking. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Bread and water. That’s what I would give him.

I am not the greatest cook either but I find what helps me is finding recipes on Pinterest and trying those out. I’m not someone who can just come up with stuff off the top of their head so Pinterest comes in handy.

1 Like

Super easy starter recipes on YouTube to follow! The key is following them EXACT until you get the hang of adding or subtracting extra spices etc. Set timers if you have to. Also VERY IMPORTANT!! DONT WALK AWAY FROM THE STOVE! :joy::revolving_hearts:Be patient while you’re learning & stay THERE!! Lol Good luck sweetie :wink:

I would make him fix his own food from now on🤷🏻‍♀️

1 Like

Good to be part of the winning team. I actually didn’t believe any post online referring to binary options. I was so convinced after different testimonies about Mrs Elizabeth James she’s trustworthy,she gave me easy procedures, nice strategies and now my profits are massive, I invested and I received my profit contact her on Facebook by clicking on her Link :link::paperclips: below :point_down::point_down::point_down:

Tell your fat ass of a husband to get off his ass and cook for himself…might appreciate what you do after…

I would let him cook while I ordered pizza😇

Tell him to do the cooking then.

2 Likes

How about y’all cooking together? Make it a team effort.

1 Like

Anything crockpot! Cook it slow. If you decide to cook in the oven cook it long and slow esp for bbq

l get paid over $137 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19190 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption727.pages.dev/

Omg really? If he doesn’t like the food you put effort and time in then he can fucking cook for himself I would be livid if my husband complained and my cooking

This is one of my greatest achievement in my life since I started investing Wow! Mrs Elizabeth James you’re the best that I have ever came across as an expert trader you have turn my entire life around for good all thank to Mrs Elizabeth James appreciate your trading contact her

l get paid over $137 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19190 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption728.pages.dev/

It’s all a learning experience. Don’t be afraid to try things and fail. It’s all part of learning. Although Pinterest gives out a lot of different ideas, I found that the recipes usually aren’t that good. I tend to go back to old fashioned recipes that are tried and true from women who knew how to cook. You can YouTube “how to” methods all day long. Sometimes the easiest recipes (and not from a box) are just as good. Such as a roast chicken with potatoes and veggies. Simple and quite tasty.

1 Like

Beef Pot roasts are easy to make. Just salt and pepper to taste. Cook these veggies in the roasting pan with the roast. Carrots, Onions Celery and potatoes. Add a half cup of water for every pound of beef.

The carrots onions and celery when cooked together actually create a great tasting flavor. Potatoes are for the starch. Do not forget the water otherwise it will come out with a dry roast and vegetables.

What is his favorite dish, try it with a couple different seasonings and let him decide which one out of maybe three meals taste the best. Experiment with flavors. Learn how they smell and what they do to your food.

U can find recipes. And directions 4 whatever foods are ur favorites on Instagram n You tube. And ijs, if he ever wants u to cook again he should b complimenting you on how much effort u make and tell u when it is good!!! My ex-husband told me 1 morning that the coffee I made was terrible, lol I never made coffee again😁

He can cook then. Problem solved, win win. Keep cooking like shit and maybe he will take over. The dudes hit us with the weaponized incompetence. Hit back! :grin:

It has been so exciting since I started investing with Mrs Elizabeth James the best in terms of trading . Because what other managers can’t do, she does it better and she always keep to her words. At first when I wanted to invest with her I was so afraid, but I never knew I was close to my success.God Bless you Mrs Elizabeth James for being a blessing to me. Contact her with her profile…via link

Tell him to cook lol :laughing: i work too so he can cook.

You should start watching cooking shows.

Don’t cook, he doesn’t like it. He can cook.
My go to easy meal is “fridge pasta” cut up and cook whatever veggies you have in the fridge, throw in some pesto sauce and noodles. Ta da

Have you considered a meal service like Hello Fresh ? You pick the meals and they send you everything you need and instructions . I would try it and when you gain confidence in your skills , resume shopping and preparing recipes that you choose. :wink:

Maybe he could cook for a bit and show you

1 Like

If I enjoy this privilege all alone it shows how ungrateful I’m because I got this opportunity from a post here as well and saw recommendations too.All thanks to the good work of Mrs Elizabeth James i
Follow this Link to message her on facebook.

Since when do wives have to cook every meal……Get your husband to cook for himself
or order takeaway food or
get food delivered by Uber eats or Menulog!!!

Ask your Hubby to buy you a cookbook

Since he doesn’t like your food he needs to be the one to give recipes on what he does like.

After successfully 5 days of Trading with
Mrs Elizabeth James and I withdraw my profits I made a promise to her that I’m gonna share the good news to people mostly the US .if u’re looking for an account manger I’ll urge you to contact ma’am Elizabeth James she’s one of the best regarding to trade
Contact her through the name below

Ask him what he wants and ask him to help in the kitchen :mending_heart:

1 Like

Google Recipes, watch you tube. Ask friends and his family to help you learn. It’s ok we all had to learn. I’m 64. I use to cook all the time when I was married to my first husband. Now my husband and son don’t like the same food and I have a stomach issue and can’t eat much. We do a lot of takeout. 

He needs to cook for himself then

1 Like

Go on Pinterest and TikTok and look for easy recipes.

I’ve watched some Gordon Ramsay’s YouTube tutorials for basic things like how to cook pasta and other simple recipes. I’m also a cooking noob but I like to experiment :blush:

1 Like

3 ingredients
Penne pasta
Bertollli Alfredo sauce
Tyson seasoned chicken chunks
:yum: if he’s still unhappy, kick him to the curb girl!

1 Like

I’d go on strike and let him cook. Is exactly what I do in this house if they complain about what’s being served!!!

6 Likes

Ask him to help you learn how to cook. You could also spend some time with people you know that cook great and learn from them. Trial and error. Explain to him you are doing your best and being criticized isn’t helping so maybe he can be productive and give you a hand.

Tell him to cook his own damn food then

1 Like

Tik tok has a lot of recipes just type in what your looking for great easy fast videos :heart:
I remember not knowing how to cook :joy: I’m still learning slowly but surely you’ll perfect it . Don’t be afraid to try new things

Tell him ass to cook

If YOU are unhappy with YOUR cooking. And YOU would like to get better, take a lesson, follow some recipes. There are tons on Pinterest and FB. Practice practice practice.

1 Like

I’m petty af I wouldn’t step foot in the kitchen :woman_shrugging:t4: you’re trying and he sounds ungrateful…if he thinks he can do better have him show you or he can cook…on another note if you think you need help in the kitchen invest in a cookbook, take a class, YouTube videos or start experimenting in the kitchen! It’s not impossible to teach yourself how to cook :white_heart:

3 Likes

Sometimes nothing is good enough for some people so don’t take it personal or be so hard on yourself

I would make him a little something called “eat it or starve” … or he can learn how to cook for himself since his pallet is so particular

Apparently i never cooked!!!

1 Like

Make him cook and learn from him since he can do it so well…

2 Likes