My husband constantly compliments me...advice?

My husband literally calls me beatiful and tells me he loves me fifty eleven times a day…i am annoyed but he wont stop…i feel suffocated…am i overreacting?

96 Likes

I miss when my hunny use to compliment me more… He certainly doesn’t like he use to but when he does… I love it. And I know he loves me anyhow… :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are lucky. I’ve been with my husband 24 years. 4 kids later and 100 lbs heavier and he tells me every single day

6 Likes

It’s the other way around in my case. I am the one who is super expressive specially with I love you then i noticed he seldom replies so i was bothered like am I being too much? So one day I stopped being clingy and expressive with words funny thing is I think he was used to it that he sometimes accuse me of loving him less than before😅

1 Like

It’s funny, there are a lot of people saying how lucky you are. I personally am one of those people who don’t need to hear these things constantly and can totally understand how you feel. Just do your best to communicate that or talk to a professional about how to best deal with your feelings around it. I wish you luck. :heartpulse:

19 Likes

I literally REQUIRE this to be satire

1 Like

My man tells me he loves me and compliments me everyday because words of affirmation are my love language. He is showing you how he perceives love. Tell him you love him first, compliment him. He clearly needs it.
I grew up in a very lovey dovey home so it is just normal to me to say I love you often and compliment each other. It is probably the same for him. It’s how he loves. Most women I know have the opposite problem.
You’re lucky to have someone who loves and appreciates you. Perhaps you should let him know what your love language is, so he can love you in a way you will appreciate it.

37 Likes

Physical touch and words of affirmation, seem to be his love languages.

You don’t know how lucky you have it until it’s gone … there are people in the world that would do anything to have a loved one back and say wonderful things.

14 Likes

I get this most days and yes it does get to you sometimes,maybe talk to him and say you appreciate him saying it but he doesn’t have to say it so much each day and everyday,tell him it’s making you uncomfortable now,it’s not a nice surprise anymore,yes it does get to you cause you have to reaping all the time to it

1 Like

His love language seems to be words of affirmation, we often love in ways we wanna be shown love. Maybe talk to him tell him how you appreciate it but maybe cut down on it a bit and show it in a different way :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Hell nah! Sounds perfect to me.

Honestly I’m the same way. Over complimenting, touching, or grabbing at me is a huge turn off.
It’s great to feel that your partner is attracted to you but too much of it feels like an over kill

12 Likes

This post is either fake for attention OR cut it out for you be crying in the corner when he’s telling the next chick how she looks like a snack! Take the compliment and be glad he still thinks your beautiful and loves you!
I’m heading to the store anyone else want sumthin! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I WISH I had this. I never get compliments anymore, or even noticed. Appreciate it

You’re stressed out in other ways. That’s probably why you’re so annoyed by it. Take a YOU day! I used to feel suffocated too, and always felt guilty. It’s your bodies way of seeking some space.

32 Likes

Don’t rub it all in our faces :joy::joy: lol fs jk

3 Likes

I would take this subject to a therapist - and I don’t mean that as an insult. It would be good to look inward and ask your self why it bothers you so much. Is it an issue that stems from a life experience and/or insecurity? Is it because you don’t feel you are being loved in the way that makes you feel loved? These are all things I would consider before moving forward with a conversation between the two of you.

13 Likes

Be glad he is expressing his feelings to you. You are going to have to learn to accept compliments.

4 Likes

Maybe talk to him about it and tell him how since he says whatever 90 times in 3 minutes it really starts to cheapen the sincerity of the words. Also he’s “smothering” you which for some people can be a huge issue. Are you normally an introvert and now you got this guy constantly in your face? There’s a lot of bitter women on here who apparently who would love to be “love bombed” but that doesn’t mean you have to accept it if your uncomfortable

1 Like

I think your over reacting. My husband always complemented me. Wouldn’t walk out the door even to go to the corner without giving me a kiss. Held me hand even when we slept. After many many years I lost my husband suddenly and trust me, the things I thought he over done I’d give the world to share with him one more day.

19 Likes

Are you serious? Do you know how many of us, would love to hear that everyday? Sounds like you don’t deserve him!

2 Likes

What…this is wonderful…I know it may be annoying but he’s expressing his love and attraction for you. Poor man…

2 Likes

I’m torn. I would be super uncomfortable, I’m not used to people gushing over me so I’d be very uneasy. I would feel unease and then like I wasn’t actually good enough for him. Then guilt, for holding him back from what he deserves. It’s not always easy to accept love from people how they express it(if it’s healthy and kind). It’s a process.

10 Likes

You will miss this, once he stops. Then another lucky girl will be happy to have this attention.

1 Like

One day u will miss it all! LUCKY

Definitely over reactioning
So many women worldwide
Would love to be in your shoes
You should be happy he does

And why is this a problem??!

Oh my! I feel sooooo bad for you! How dare he call you beautiful and say that he loves you!
I really hope you heal from your trauma soon. :heart:

11 Likes

Everyone needs to keep in mind that everyone has different love languages.
Yours is not words of affirmation and that’s ok. Personally I’d get annoyed too if my husband said it every 30 minutes. It would feel like he was making up for something or manipulative.

13 Likes

I want a husband like this. :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

It’s interesting to hear the different perspectives. Although I think any woman would love to be complimented by their SO daily, 46373363 times a day seems excessive to me as well. In my opinion, you’re not overreacting.

4 Likes

Definitely over reacting. I’d give anything for my man to do this.

68 Likes

I want to have that problem :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

You need to heal if you are bothered by this.

3rd world problems!!! Count your blessings!!! I swear some people will complain that their milk is too cold smh. There are some women out there that get called names by their partner every day. You need to start appreciating what you have.

1 Like

And once he stops… you’re going to be on here and ask the opposite question.

How lucky are you. I’m the opposite .

Yall are wild with your mean comments.
Everyone’s love language is different. Marriage is learning how to communicate your differences and making them work for both of you. Not just one pleases the other.

7 Likes

What the heck :flushed: many of us would kill for some positive vibes.

4 Likes

Absolutely you’re overreacting… count your blessings not everyone has that. And lots of people would love a man to tell them a million times a day how beautiful they are. Especially by their husband and not some random dude or boyfriend.

27 Likes

Just say ‘thank U’ for his kind words.
You don’t want him to not be affectionate and say nice things to U.
If he stopped you would become concerned as to why he stopped.
Maybe read the book “5 love languages” so U can know his love language and reciprocate love in a way he understands and U can teach him the ways U would rather receive love.
Count your blessings…

I love that my husband is this way! Our teenagers think it’s soooo gross!

10 Likes

Wow I feel so bad for you. You have a husband who loves you and thinks you’re beautiful! Your life must be so hard! GIVE ME A BREAK! If it bugs you, let that man go so he can get someone who appreciates him PLEASE!

13 Likes

Oh honey… Can we trade problems? :woozy_face::face_holding_back_tears:

I have been married over 40 years. Don’t ever remember my husband telling me he loves me
The other day my autistic grandson told me he loved me My husband was in the room and listening. So I made a big fuss saying how special and happy it made me feel. Those three little words
Well it back fired. Husband still hasn’t said anything but now every few minutes my grandson comes up to me and says. Hi Nana I love you. It is constant he comes up to my face smiles and says I love you. So in one way I can understand how you feel but on the other side I would love it to hear my husband saying those three little words x

3 Likes

Tell him to leave you alone.

Oh no, poor you. That must be so hard for you :roll_eyes:.

Get a divorce, at this rate he can find someone just as beautiful that’s kinder to him and treats him better about how he reassures you to someone else. This is ridiculous.

17 Likes

I don’t like it either. I’m not a touchy feely person like that either. To me overly complimentary is touchy feely, makes me suspicious too. There’s days my kid tells me a hundred times a day he loves me and thanks me for picking him to be his mom-he is 10 and biologically my child but I was abandoned by my mom so he thanks me for choosing to be his mom and it’s sweet and I know he means well but still and I tell him over and over I wouldn’t pick any other child. And it’s true but some days I’m just wanting to yell chill dude I get it, just like with a spouse. It’s too much. And when it’s all you hear it takes the specialness out of the words

1 Like

I had that before with a boyfriend and I felt the same way. It was a huge turn off and annoying. I guess I just commented to say I can relate and I remember the feeling of being smothered and annoyed because it was constant. I’m not sure what to tell you since it is your husband. I dumped the boyfriend for other reasons and then he became an obsessed, stalking psycho.

1 Like

Some of you are real jerks. Wow

1 Like

He’s clingy and you need to confront him.

This is 2024, and this is what you are complaining about? You are joking right!:joy::rofl::flushed:

Truly, your life must be so difficult :sleepy:

15 Likes

He can sense that something isn’t right and he thinks it’s him not caring enough. He also may be projecting and wanting to feel like he is good enough for you. Reassure him that you love him and you’re not going Anywhere and too just relax a little

I just came to say that I am glad to see that someone else knows the number 50-11… or as we say “fitty lem” :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Sometimes we give people the treatment we want for ourselves. Maybe he’s trying to get some attention himself.

It’s a preference thing. My bf does it and for some reason it makes me uncomfortable. And I feel bad when I don’t reply with an I love you when he says it 4509 times a day.

4 Likes

he could be doing it as a constant reassurance so he doesnt lose you type thing.
just throwing it out there :woman_shrugging:t2:
please seek professional advice, together might be best if he will go.

1 Like

My husband hasn’t called me beautiful in a very very long time…no compliments at all…I’m numb… just sayin

Tell him you appreciate it but to calm it down a bit

Dude take it!! Your man is obviously head of heels in love with you.

Dang, mine usually puts his finger in my ear or farts in my general direction. Wanna trade? Lmao.

2 Likes

Yall needa learn each other’s love languages

Maybe he’s just making you feel secure…?
Nothing wrong with that. If you don’t like it, go find you a f***boy who doesn’t ever compliment you. Then you will be thankful for your husband.

If he wasn’t I get the feeling you would complain about that too.

My husband complicated me. My cooking. Everything I did. Paying bills. Buying groceries. Making appointments. And guess what. He’s no longer here. You are lucky. What’s wrong with you?

1 Like

Am I the only one trying to figure out wtf kind of number “fifty eleven” is?

Also, let this poor man go so he can find someone who will truly appreciate his love and support.

Lol yeah ok :roll_eyes:. Gotta be a troll

3 Likes

Gasp! pearl clutch An adoring Husband? How horrible.

2 Likes

Oh no you are soo loved lord have mercy
Stop being a cry baby and love that man like he deserves and quit winning :unamused:

I know how u feel. When the partner is obsessed. Loving constant comments, can’t walk past you without touching you in some way, the 15 phone calls a day because they just thought of you and wanted to see if you’re ok. Watching you when you sleep. Suffocating to the point you don’t want to show affection first because it leads to so much more attention. Yes it could be worse but it’s still behaviour that changes who you are.

1 Like

When you come from a previous loveless marriage or a home where this type of affection didn’t occur it can be overwhelming and that’s ok you feel that way. A lot of it steams from lack of self confidence that you deserve to be or can be loved to that degree, anxiety and depression. Try to figure and ways to ease yourself into returning that love and affection a little at a time and increase it from time to time as well as take time daily even just a few minutes to give yourself some self love or read a book, take a bath, listen to a self help pod cast or even just look at yourself in a mirror and remind yourself you are worthy. It takes time but you may find that you would miss the love and attention should it ever be gone and that you enjoy returning it as much as receiving. Speaking from personal experience. I’d also say that partner may have came from similar situation and is trying to make sure his partner never has to feel from him the way he did from whom ever it was.

2 Likes

Your annoyed he’s being a supportive nice husband. I’m confused?

1 Like

Do you not like it because you don’t believe it or feel that way about yourself? Maybe he senses that and is trying to convince you or make you feel better about yourself…

Sensory overload maybe?

This would get to me too… not because it isn’t lovely - but by time dealt with a billion and one things - like contacting school- meeting at school or hospital app etc - I’m already on sensory overload /overwhelmed - and then I just need some space etc to self regulate again. Then having to deal with something like that 10,000 times in a day - because it would require your constant attention to respond each time…. Would be too much.

Thoughts n prayers. Lemme know if you need a go fund me set up

6 Likes

Words of affirmation. Don’t take it for granted. Say it back.

You might be overeating. My husband calls me beautiful like it’s a pet name. I love it every time I hear it. Even if it’s 10x a day or more. Over time if it’s annoying to you (as it was for me at first) you get so used to it. And if he didn’t say it, it would be weird. I’ve been with my husband 10 years. I came from a relationship that didn’t hear that much so everytime he says it, it makes me melt. Take a deep breath and know that he means it. I doubted it for years and he’s never stopped. So I know that he means it. You are loved and he thinks you are beautiful and that’s all that matters.

Maybe some people told him that was a secret to a wonderful marriage. Maybe he needs to put $1 in a jar every time he says it. Go on a lavish vacation with the money…or do tent camping in the yard…

Are you kidding me . This must be April fools early or something ….

1 Like

This has to be a troll post…

He’s probably lying to you, it’s ok :joy:

2 Likes

If this is your only complaint, sit down and shut up…smh

3 Likes

Looks like you could literally auction him off on this site and raise enough to keep you supplied with Chardonay and chocolate to drowned in while listening to Alanis Morrisette and complaining about being single

Y is this a bad thing. Many women would die to be in your shoes.

More than over reacting, you sound like a drama queen

Sounds like my husband, he would calls me beautiful even when I know I look like s***.

Says I love you every single day a million times a day but in reality doesn’t treat me like somebody that loves me, endless cheating horrible horrible selfishness, a narcissist ticks all the boxes.

Took me 12 years to realize this is just manipulation cuz every time I want to leave I remember I have a lot of people who say they don’t remember the last time they had been told they love them by their husbands.

I don’t even know what’s real and what’s not anymore.

If you are getting irritated and annoyed by his compliments which seem positive, then your subconscious or the inner you is battling a sudden battle that your mind or heart doesn’t want to accept.

so search within yourself, you will find out why you’re not happy with such positive words.

1 Like

It’s never too late to start making beneficial marks. I’m so happy it turned out positively, I’m glad about my encounter with Mrs Angela nobody has ever been this better

In my experience, your partner gives you what THEY need. I would suggest doing a love language quiz together so he can understand what you actually need to feel loved and you can better understand what he needs :heart: They can be very eye opening and really open up communication.

1 Like

Fifty eleven times :thinking: I can’t even get one out of mine, be grateful you are incredibly lucky.

I’ve been married for quite awhile, we have 5 kids- My husband still gushes over me every day and I him. We touch, we hold hands, we compliment each other, we still date like we are in high school and our marriage is healthier for it; but that is what works for us. What works for one couple may not work for another and there’s nothing wrong with that. If it bugs you, sit your husband down and tell him, while you appreciate it, it’s a little much and you are getting overwhelmed with it and ask him to tone it down. There’s no harm in creating an environment that is comfortable for the both you. That’s what marriage is. Creating a safe and loving environment that works for the both of you. From the sounds of it, your husband will understand.

1 Like

I’d give anything for this again. My ex was this way and it made it so much harder to be without him.

My husband used to do that as well. He died last March. I’d give anything to hear it again

4 Likes

Everyone sends and receives love in different ways. It sounds like maybe either his love language is words of affirmation, or he believes yours is.
It’s okay to feel the way you feel. Just because others would love to have their husband display affection in that way doesn’t mean you have to grin and bear it if it makes you uncomfortable.
Just sit him down and have a conversation with him. Yall can even do the love language quiz together and let that spark up the conversation on how yall each want to give and receive love and affection.
Marriage is all about communication. If you would like to receive his love in a different way, just communicate with him. He doesn’t know what you don’t tell him.

1 Like

That’s like having too much ice cream!
After a while it sounds insincere and loses its “special”.

Relax and enjoy it! Many people would envy you.

Just love it up momma :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’d LOVE for a man to do that to me!