My husband didn't even acknowledge our anniversary: Thoughts?

Counselor time! Let a third person explain to him things you said. If he is unmoving… find someone who will appreciate you n leave him.

I would take my belt off and beat the stupid out of him. Tell him you can and will find someone else to cherish you :v::joy:

3 Likes

Haha! Wait till ur married 50 years and ur husband acts like it’s just another day!!!

4 Likes

OMG what would you rather have a husband who loves and respects you and is good to you all year or a lying cheating one that remembers 1 day. I had one of those for 25 yrs no thanks…will keep this one…now it’s a joke…I say when is our anniversary. He tries…picks abouut 4 dates at the end of July but doesn’t get it straight. We were married on garage sale weekend which is a 50 mil long sale every year for years lol…15 Yrs with him and he makes me laugh every year. I will keep him.

2 Likes

Listen to your feelings! You are hurt, you shouldn’t dismiss that. You could write him a note telling him this just he sure to acknowledge his contributions or it will just sound like you complaining.

So Ive been married for 7 years. My hubby plain out forgot our anniversary 3x. Id say hey yesterday was our anniversary, id like to spend some time together. Happy anniversary in case you forgot

Mine did the same no bday dinner

It’s not so much the gift maybe just to have him acknowledge it would be something?

There’s nothing wrong with wanting romance in your marriage. I would suggest getting the book the love languages. My husband doesn’t appreciate gifts, but loves acts of service whereas I love receiving gifts no matter how small. So on holidays I try to do something to make his life easier, I still get him gifts but I’ll make him breakfast and give him a back rub or something.

One Christmas he didn’t get me anything for Christmas because he didn’t think anything was good enough (I had told him I wanted to start a Christmas village tradition where he gets us a different part of the village every year) and he looked for hours trying to find what collection to use, and he couldn’t decide. Then Christmas morning came and I was the only one without a gift. It broke my heart, and we talked, and now he never forgets

1 Like

How about you sit down and talk to him and see whats going on. All this do things back to him isn’t right. Two wrongs dont make a right. I have reverse rolls with my husband. I work a hard job and there are times i also work 7 days a week and dont want to do anything because im tired. The only way ypu are going to get through this is to communicate

Talk to him. Tell him everything. If you know better you do better.

Stop expecting much from him & you won’t be so hurt … :partying_face: Start treating yourself to things/time that you feel you deserve. Spend more time with family & friends. Love yourself, you deserve nice things, even if you have to get them yourself. At least you know you’ll get what you want. :nail_care:t3:

8 Likes

Go buy you something nice.praying

1 Like

You should have said to him it’s our anniversary let’s go out I have a babysitter if he said no I would have yelled at him .

1 Like

I am so sensitive to all this I would have been crying up a storm :sob:. I think a good talk would handle this let him know how you feel. When I feel hurt, I make it know I feel unappreciated. But my husband is a sweetheart

My husband and i both occasionally forget our anniversary :rofl: we don’t expect much from each other, usually it’s a card and some candy when we do remember

1 Like

My shrink says not to be subtle with men. It will never work. So remind him it was your Anniversary and ask him how he wants to make that up to you. Maybe offer to do something on his day off or whatever will be most conducive to a good time. Especially if you can actually get child care.

2 Likes

Throw his ass out !!!

It’s a recipe for disaster in a marriage if you don’t feel loved. I learned through my relationships that you just have to be very DIRECT when you communicate. Like… Go NOW - and sit down with him and tell him exactly what you just said. You can’t get comfortable in the relationship and not communicate EXACTLY what’s going thru your head. THEN you can assess what he is capable of reciprocating back. Stop doing the extras for someone who doesn’t lift a finger for you. Having a job doesn’t get you out of every other husband or dad duty by the way. It doesn’t for women!

2 Likes

Be an adult, talk to him. No childish bullshit. One on one, tell him how it made you feel tell him you understand he’s tired, and you appreciate everything he does, show him you appreciate him. Tell him that it wouldve been nice to go out together, explain how you felt. No getting defensive, nothing. Just talk. Communication is important

Talk to him and let him know how you feel. It won’t help you to keep all that bottled up.

1 Like

Here’s a good quote: “At first a women will treat you the way she wants to be treated. And then she will start treating you the way you treat her.”
Make those changes, be a mirror, let him feel how you feel by doing exactly what he does to you. Outside of taking care of your children of course. Give him the same poor treatment you get.
See how quick he notices and then give him this quote. Self reflection at its best.

My husband can be this way after 20 years. This year I melted down on my birthday then again on Mother’s Day. I then told him I refuse to do nice things for him if he can’t for me. We talked about it and by our anniversary he made more of an effort. Still not as much as I would but more than nothing. I found for Xmas I have more fun taking him shopping and picking out my own gifts than expecting him to do it and getting disappointed. We now have fun doing it. I also followed through and didn’t make a big deal of fathers day and his birthday. Tell him how hurt you were that he didn’t even want to have some alone time

2 Likes

I’ve been with my husband for 14 years and he never once has remembered an anniversary or my birthday. But I’m aware men are bad with dates, and most of them don’t care how long you’ve been together, as long as you still are together. Anniversaries, holidays and birthday are more important to women because we’re a more sentimental gender. Sure there are some men out there who care, but it’s not nearly as many. Be thankful you got to spend another day alive with him.

On my 50th Birthday my husband and kids didn’t make much of my birthday so the next day when they were at work I took myself to a nice jewelry store and bought myself a $1000.00 diamond solitaire ring , I think it shocked my Husband :rofl:, so now when I want something I get it for myself , not waiting on someone else to make me happy :rofl:, Btw I have a wonderful Husband , been married 55yrs , I’m sorry you’re feelings were hurt :cry:, some things mean more to women than men , I bet he really loves you :blush:

1 Like

Ive been with my SO 8 years and honestly unless i bring it up hes never been in to getting gifts. Not christmas, mothers day, v day any of it. For our anniversary i say We should go to dinner and the other holidays if he wants he’ll hand me money and say go get yourself something. Which used to bug me ALOT but im pretty used to it now. Lol

Been married for over 35 years, now I don’t even acknowledge our anniversary. Please try not to put so much emphasis on one day, be it anniversary, Valentine’s day, mother’s day any of that, try to put your energy as a couple into EVERY day. There should be consistent and constant love, respect, consideration. If you can get that the rest will come and you will feel loved, cherished, safe all the time . If you can’t no amount of flowers, acknowledgement one day a year will make you happy in the long run.

4 Likes

Take Janer advice talk to him

He won’t know unless you tell him… communication is huge in relationships

I bought a calender white board and go ham on the colors on big dates. :date: Helps keep me from being disappointed.

Common its just another day. You married the guy, he takes care of you doesnt he? He comes home to you. What more do you want?

Definitely talk to him. If it bothers you that he doesn’t reciprocate the same effort you put in, he needs to know that. It’s not “nagging” it’s setting boundaries and ensuring he’s respecting them.

You’re going to get very resentful if you bottle this up trying to spare his feelings while neglecting yours.

1 Like

My husband and I agreed to celebrate everyday. If I want to celebrate a special day I write it big on the calendar in our kitchen.

sit down and talk to him about it, how he hurt ur feelings…Its rude he didn’t even acknowledge it…what did he say when you gave him ur gifts ?

1 Like

I agree, talk with him. My husband, bless his heart, gets yelled at all the time because as I say “his brain doesn’t work like mine”. When I go somewhere I will think about his needs or wants. He doesnt think like that. His brain only registers on himself… now if he just recently started to lose interest in things, forgetting things he may need to talk to a Dr about possibly being depressed…

Typical man. Stop buying him stuff. No cards nothing. Not right

You need a gift for staying married? for being together another year? it’s what you vowed to do. Sounds like he’s taking care of his family and he’s tired. Maybe make plans to go on a day he isn’t just getting home from work

2 Likes

I always forget my anniversary and we’re going on six years married, 8 together. I totally get where you’re coming from, been there. Honestly, it took him really listening to me and understanding what holidays mean a lot to me. This took many years of me telling him the same so not sure what finally clicked. One- stop going above and beyond for him- some ppl really don’t care about holidays so why spend all that effort?? Instead, buy yourself something- if you’re going out to eat, plan ahead of time.

Mine is the same, in fact I didn’t get a birthday card either

He seems tried
I will tell you something, anniversary’s Mother’s Day xmas all those gifts. It’s a material items
Seems to be he loves you guys a whole a lot by working so much to provide

I can’t believe people are saying Divorce…that’s absurd unless other issues are happening. My husband sucks at all these holidays! In the past I use to get upset and measure ourselves against all those people that post on Facebook whose husbands celebrated these dates. I had come to realize that my husband treats me like a queen every day. Brings me coffee in bed, builds things for me, helps make dinner, always has smile on his face when he sees me and tells me daily how much he loves me. He works an absolutely crazy schedule so planning and gifts rarely happens. If I measured him on those things he would fail every time. If you know your husband adores and loves you keep that close to your heart. I know it’s hard but it could help you to look at him in a different light. If you dont know if your husband loves you that’s another discussion

You might want to just ask him if he’s doing all right. try to remember that he’s a person too and if he really is working that hard he might be burnt out beyond belief. I know it’s hard because you need to focus on your own feelings as well but if you say that he works 6 to 7 days a week then I would definitely ask him how he’s feeling. Remember that sometimes this stuff isn’t really a reflection on you and it might just be a reflection of him doing bad mentally.

Hunny just talk to him , … but in my opinion what he gets you doesn’t matter !!!
If he loves you and you love him the materialistic things should not matter !

I have been together with my man for 3 years and I don’t get things for holidays ! And I wouldn’t change it for the world

Totally relatable
Birthdays pass casually
Holidays have been said to be a waste
Casual “just to say i appreciate you” don’t exist
All the while he accepts tokens and gifts from me
It’s hard but focus on yourself
Love yourself

1 Like

Do you know his whereabouts and can you account for his time, phone calls and text messages? When I was in a similar situation, I discovered it was because he was seeing someone else, having an affair.

1 Like

Every woman likes being appreciated & shown love.If Not why stay together?

1 Like

Yeah forgst his dumbazz

Yes that is the truth. Since he’s insensitive you don’t need to be so nice since the body language screams that you are not very important.

Please direct your energy someone else. When he called off the wedding, he proved he was incapable of commitment. I say this w/kindness. Your efforts are being pushed to a bottomless pit.