My husband doesn't like my big tattoos...should I respect him and stop getting them?

It’s ur body. Tell him to go eff himself. U do not need permission to get a tattoo… he is childish . You do you, he will get over it.

1 Like

It’s double standards if he just got a big one on his shoulder but you can’t finish your forearm one. He should love you for what is inside you, not just what your skin looks like. You are the whole package, he can’t snip out the bits he doesn’t like.

6 Likes

If he respected you he wouldn’t have a problem with letting you choose to do with your own body. You doing what you like with your body is not disrespectful in any way :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I get wanting to respect your husband but, at the same time. He needs to respect you. He needs to allow you to be who you are and not try to control things you want to do with your body.

1 Like

My husband is covered with big pieces as well, but hates them on me. Every time I get ready to get one we go through the … “if you get it you can be by yourself” bull. He hasn’t gone anywhere lol we’ve been together 20 years. I just try and get feminine pretty ones that have significant meaning. At the end of the day it’s your body.

1 Like

Get it and loose the man ! Cus no one is telling me what they like or don’t like.

1 Like

Five will get you ten that these are the same kind of people who wrote on themselves with ink pens in third grade.

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16943 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://proworkings1511.pages.dev/

My husband said that he doesn’t find tattoos on women appealing. So I went and got 2 more. It has nothing to do with him.

13 Likes

Y’all go on a tattoo date but and he has an opinion on the tattoos you get?!
That’s a giant nope.

4 Likes

You do what you want to do it’s your body not his

yourbody, your choice, itd ne a cold say in hell before i let man decide what i put on my skin, im pretty heavily tattooed

3 Likes

Your body is your canvas, not his. Cover your whole body if you feel like it. Just make sure you have a good artist that you trust

No. You do you and he can stfu. It’s your body.

Fuck him. Tattoo yourself up and move on! YOUR BODY YOUR CHOICE!

My thoughts probably won’t be popular opinion, but to me he just isn’t into BIGGER tattoos on women in a place that can’t be covered by clothing. (Without wearing a long-sleeve all year) Clearly, she had the wrist one when they got married, and clearly he was with her getting it covered. Sounds like he just let her know bigger wouldn’t be attractive to him :woman_shrugging:t3: he covered one on his shoulder (tshirt would cover it) and even if NOT she doesn’t have an issue or find it unattractive (or she would had likely said so) so, it is a difference in preference. Doesn’t say he said, “no”. Doesn’t say he gave an ultimatum, she does it… divorce. So, doesn’t sound very controlling. Sounds like he said he finds it unattractive and she is annoyed bc she wants it. Didn’t even say he didn’t or wouldn’t love her still. Not much different than any other topic or difference of opinions. You ask should you respect your husband and not get it? That’s up to you, but you can and should respect your husband AND his honesty of HIS prefrence regardless of if you go ahead and get it or not. Regardless of what topic it is. (Just as he should respect you and yours) Most relationship’s in general lack respect. So, my suggestion is revisit the topic when you aren’t annoyed or mad. Hear him and if you decide to go ahead and do it, be respectful of him and his personal thoughts/feelings about it. The smallest things now days end up leading to huge fallouts and/or even divorces. You both signed up to love each other until death. Love requires respect and a lot of it. Good​:four_leaf_clover: regardless of what you ultimately decide, it is possible to agree to disagree and STILL be respectful and speak and move out of love.

4 Likes

Is it maybe because it’s visible?

1 Like

Get it its your body if he hates it oh well he can get over it

1 Like

Do what you want…he obviously does.

It’s nice you’re thinking about his feelings but fuck that your body your choice!! Just because your married does not mean he gets to control your body

He needs to grow up it sounds like

It’s your choice. Period. He doesn’t have to like your tattoos just like he doesn’t have to like anyone else’s. Period. Tattoos are for the individual who has them. Not for anyone else, husband or not. Just my opinion

Get the tattoos. He can have his preferences, thats fine. But its your body. If you told him tomorrow you dont like tattoos at all and you want his removed, would he go get his tattoos removed? Probably not.

1 Like

You should never stop being you if it isn’t hurting anyone else. That’s just so much cringe on his part.

Ur body your choice… My husband don’t care for tattoos but he has no right to say what I do. Sometime when I talk about a new on he may roll his eyes but his choice is his choice and mine is mine

1 Like

I find that really judgemental what the f***

1 Like

No lol do whatever you want. Why do Nem think that everything we do should be to be attractive to them. Do it because YOU want too and YOU like it.

2 Likes

Your body your choice

1 Like

Dump the guy and go get a big ass tattoo.

I don’t listen to shit my husband says but something permanent I’d consider my husband’s feelings how are you going to feel if he’s not attracted to you anymore ?

Tell him to suck it up butter cup you will do as you please

Your body your choice. Do it sis.

1 Like

That’s a personal preference thing. He doesn’t get any say whatsoever. My hubby and I are in the process of getting pretty much covered. I’m doing the patchwork thing with my 20 year old daughter, as well as all my big pieces I have a list of, he’s doing his military, biker, etc. Especially if you’re getting stuff yourself, you damn sure as hell don’t get to tell someone they can’t or WHAT exactly they’re getting. If you don’t that much, and it’s a deal breaker, you shouldn’t have started dating me in the first place. Bye. My man is countryman/biker/military as a whole. I am punk/biker/just my own thing. We ENJOY going out as each our own things and watching people WTF? lol

Hell no! Do whatever you want with YOUR BODY. It’s YOURS. Not his.

3 Likes

I would do it anyway. He will either come around. Or he won’t. If he won’t then it’s his loss. He can’t tell you what to put on or not put on your body.

1 Like

I agree with him. It’s very visible on forearm. Just trust him you married him for a reason. He only wants what’s best for you.

4 Likes

Finish the wrist… then go get your whole thigh and buttcheek done!!

My husband has virgin skin, says he doesn’t think he will ever get a tattoo… me, I lost count at # 50 and I’m still going. My husband says nothing about mine because it’s my body and he loves me for me, not what’s inked on my skin.

1 Like

Finish your tattoo. My husband doesn’t like septum piercings or any facial piercings but I’m still gonna get them .

Do it and see what he does

:joy: I would literally laugh him out of the house. If any man ever told me to stop getting tattoos, that would be the deal breaker.

1 Like

My ex told me to stop getting piercings…tattoos were okay but he was sick of the piercings. Guess what? I got more piercings. Cause eff him.

It’s your body not his. If he has that big of an issue with it that’s a him problem. It’s not something you need to change. If he loves you he will get over it. If not find someone who doesn’t care. My current boyfriend has no piercings (any more) or tattoos but I have quite a few and he doesn’t care.

Your body is your choice, he can’t tell you what to do! Too bad for him. My husband doesn’t have one but I’m covered and he doesn’t have a problem with it

1 Like

If you want to get it done then get it done. It’s your body and no one but you should have a say if you do or don’t get a tattoo.

1 Like

Do it. It’s your body not his. Fuck that noise

Be you & live your best life. My husband doesnt have a single one. And I told him we can still be in union and be our own person. It only matters how we come together.

Tattoos ive been doing for a long time. To tell me not to one day is stupid. My husband also works in corporate America.

Tell your husband to chill out.

Please, you are his wife, not property or a young child. If its something you want or enjoy and are not putting the family finances in turmoil, get it. You only live once, enjoy life to the fullest. He’ll get over it. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’d finish it. It’s a piece that’s been started so it needs to be finished. He will get over it.

3 Likes

I think it’s more tasteful if you get the bigger tattoos on places you can hide them if you want to dress up. But let me also say that although I don’t have any tattoos, my husband has both arms , chest and both legs done. While it’s not my cup of tea, it is his body and his choice.

1 Like

It’s your body do what u want with it

I’d be laughing as I walk out the house “going to my tattoo appointment babe, I guess maybe I’ll see you when I get back” :joy:

5 Likes

I say do it! Finish the piece and if you want to keep it going then do so.

He doesn’t own your body. You do you and if he complains then tell him you don’t like his tattoos and he can’t get anymore.

I don’t think that’s about “respecting” him. It’s your body. If it’s something you really want, then he should respect that.

1 Like

My 1st husband was very anti tattoo…after we split, he got 2 stupid ones on his fore arms. :roll_eyes: I wasn’t allowed to even get a small one for my child because “I don’t want to see his name when we’re doing things in the bedroom because then I’ll think of him” :face_vomiting:

My current husband and I have matching forearm tattoos and I have one for my son. We might get more but our issue is cost…its not that we don’t like them, we just don’t want to pay for them because we’d rather not have a mortgage or vehicle payment :joy:

It’s YOUR body. Your art. YOUR CHOICE!! Personally I’d now forever get massive tats just to piss him off…

That’s not respecting him, that’s him disrespecting you trying to control you. Is he your Husband or, your father? I would do it just because it’s my body and want to. What if you want to get a piercing? Are you going to need to ask for permission?? I would just go do it if that’s what you truly want and stop wasting time on his nonsense. Unless now, you don’t work and he’s paying for it, then he prob feels he has a say so in it but still, you’re his wife. If he deals with other tattoos and can still be attracted to you then what’s the big deal about them on your wrist? This is so stupid.

7 Likes

Umm its YOUR body he doesn’t own you

1 Like

Hey sista, you should totally dump his ass. hell yeah, screw that pig! What a piece of trash.

Boy friends and husbands are NOT allowed to have any say in your looks. AT ALL. Men shouldn’t be able to have an opinion on anything, let alone have an opinion on what he finds attractive. This dude has sooo many red flags :triangular_flag_on_post:. He’s probably an abuser.

Don’t let the patriarch get you down. Just keep rembering how cool those tats are. YOU GO GURL!!!

1 Like

Well it’s not his property, so I say finish it and do all the things that make you happy with your own body.

He’s being honest. You might have had tattoos before you met but he is telling you his opinion. I think you should respect him and maybe compromise and find something you both would like. He doesn’t seem to be controlling you just telling how he feels about it. I think you should think about it for a while and see if he changes his mind or you do. In the end this is your husband. Do you want to end up arguing all the time over a tattoo.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t do it because he knows you can’t cover those tats up when they need be like to get a job or a wedding or a funeral. He can cover his shoulders and legs and thighs can be cover but on a wrist it’s kinda hard to cover a big tat in that area so I understand both sides but that’s probably why he doesn’t want the wrist one done

3 Likes

Get it. He will either learn to love it or leave

1 Like

It’s your body and he should love you no matter what, he should also support you in what makes you happy! Sounds controlling :unamused:

Do it. It’s your body, not his. If you want the tattoo done, get the tattoo done

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $15474… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://IncomeGreat887.pages.dev/

Peace and chicken grease dude! Do it girl!
Sure, it’s his opinion, but if you had tats before you got together then he needs to pound sand.
Besides, you have to make yourself happy, above anyone else.
If he wants to get his panties in a bunch over that, then he clearly doesn’t love you for who you really are…appearances aside. :woman_facepalming:t3:

Go finish your tattoo! If he’s got tattoos no matter the size he has no room to judge or speak on the situation.

3 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of tattoos. I have two small ones myself ( somewhere where no one can see it). Yet I feel it’s your body your choice. You do what you want. And let him do what he wants. No! I would not leave him because he was honest and said he don’t feel like tattoos are attractive! He is entitled to that opinion, as I am. However if he wants to be a dick and leave due to it…well don’t let the door hit him on the butt on the way out either. If he wants to leave due to it. Let him. But don’t be the ass hole and leave him because he spoke his mind about it either!

Can’t leave a tat unfinished

2 Likes

Your body, your choice.

1 Like

Enjoy life. Show respect…partnership is having respect for each other and listening. It’s just a tattoo that won’t look like you like it as you get older! Not worth it. I do wonder though if he would have the same respect for you if you had tried to put your foot down with his tattoos?

2 Likes

Your life to live your body to choose. He’ll still love you and he’ll get used to it.

1 Like

Your body, your choice.

2 Likes

My personal opinion women should only have tats that can be cover up with clothes specially if they work cause people judge you by them I have one on my upper arm and I can not wear short sleeve clothes for work

11 Likes

Go for it!!! If my partner told me no, I’d show him the door :woman_shrugging:… You are an adult!!! Your body, your choice!

1 Like

Your body, your choice end of convo

2 Likes

It’s.your.body! That’s all.

My husband is the same way, I still get my tattoos whenever I feel like it. He’ll get over it, yolo plus it’s YOUR BODY, YOUR CHOICE!

1 Like

Aaaaaaand another reason not to get married :joy::joy::joy: (I have 2 arm sleeves, my whole back/half way to my buttocks, my fingers, the back and side of my neck, the back of my ears, the outside of my left leg and calf, the bottom outside of my right leg…and I have 2 more tattoo sessions this month to finish the right top of my outer thigh and the top of my left hand) NO ONE not even a HUSBAND will decide for me what I do to my OWN BODY…if he has big tattoos and I accept him as he his he can accept mine. Relationships are about understanding not ownership of someone else’s body…

4 Likes

How much do you love your husband? He feels the way he feels and you feel the way you feel. Is it a sacrifice you are willing to make to keep him happy? He is asking you to not change your appearance. Is getting more tattoos worth looking less attractive to him?

3 Likes

Your body your choice. My husband doesn’t necessarily care for me having a bunch of tattoos but I don’t necessarily care for him not having big tattoos tbh :woman_shrugging:

One day I hope to have large angel wings on my back to finish my upper back, a huge thigh piece and one butt cheek covered with flowers. I also want a mandala on my lower back.

My fiancé accepts me for me. My body, my choice not his. If he didn’t support me…BYE!

1 Like

Uhhhh, tell him to btfo. It’s your body, not his and you can do whatever the hell you want with it. He sounds like an incredibly insecure man, he needs to work on himself.

Mēn shouldn’t have ANY say on what goes on with a womēns body! PERIOD.

Your body, your choice. My husband would never question my choice but to make sure I really loved the piece. He will get used to it. That’s like dictating how to cut your hair. He can love you for you or show himself out. That would be my answer.

1 Like

out of respect for your husband??? Umm it’s disrespectful for him to tell you what you can and cannot do with your own body!!! DO IT! Get all the tattoos you want. only body he gets to dictate what happens to it is his own. So out of respect for yourself so what you want.

It’s your body. My husband hates my nose ring but he said ultimately it’s my body my choice.

I’d get more :rofl::rofl: he chose to be with you for you they are a part of you he either loves you or he doesn’t

It’s not his body therefore not his concern

Your body! And who is the kettle to call the pot black? A little double standardish. I’d just tell him you don’t need his permission, unless he’s paying for it.

l Get paid over $109 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $16943 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://proworkings1528.pages.dev/

Your body so if you want it then do it. Your husband has no respect for you if he can say that to you. If he doesn’t like it and wants to leave then girl let him.

2 Likes

Your body, your choice!

1 Like

My husband doesn’t like them either, but I get them. He loves me enough to look past the tattoos. But girl, never let your marriage be ruined over tats.

5 Likes

I’ve been married for 24yrs a lot of ups & downs. When hubby & I don’t agree on something the other want to do or did. We make the same or something they want/ do of equal value request on the other person. What’s good for one is good for the other. It’s all about compromises.

3 Likes

I told my husband when we got together I was slowly going to go from no tattoos to being covered in them and if he doesn’t like that to leave. It’s your body not his.

2 Likes

It’s a tattoo it’s not going to harm him makes 0 sense he’ll let you do your booty cheek and thigh sounds like either he is insecure of flat out a ahole

1 Like

It’s your body, your choice. He doesn’t like, he doesn’t have to look at it. The double standard is a big red flag :triangular_flag_on_post: though…

5 Likes

Lol get the tattoo. Get all the damn tattoos. That’s controlling as fuck.

Your body , your choice