My husband doesn't want my mom to move in: Advice?

Situation or not, if you don’t help care for your mother, after she is gone you will regret it. Any unresolved issues should be forgiven so you don’t have to deal with that as well.

I’m 74. I’d never come between our kids and their spouses.

1 Like

What would your mother do if your positions were reversed. How would he react if the situation was his mother? Food for thought

Then your mom doesn’t move in.

1 Like

My sons told me that what assisted living is for.

Kick him out. sorry but we live in my house (the one my parents bought).

You don’t want your mother living with you either; you just don’t know it yet. It’s your husband’s home.

I wouldn’t care what he said when it came to this !

First, what is the real issue between your husband & mother?
Ask him.
If you put your mother in a home or have assistance in her home, that can get expensive.

You have to make a choice. He’s made his.

2 Likes

Your momma and daddy put you on this earth and took care of you. You should do the same for them in their later years. What if it was his momma?

Someone asked for advise but I see some people telling her how their mum’s can move in with them.

I would tell my husband to kick rocks!! This is your mother! Enough said!

Tell her it is on a trial basis and if it doesn’t work out she will have to go elsewhere.she will make an attempt to get along that way.

What about one if those tiny houses? She could live there, cook, you could be right there and she’d be there.

If he don’t want her in the house he must have his reason you should ask him why he don’t want her in the house

1 Like

What if it was your husband’s Mum would your allow her in?

Its a personal choice. My only advice would be to have no regrets. That is not an easy decision or an easy answer. Do what you need to do.

Explain to him the expenses of a nursing home or assisted living facility.

You only have one Mother in your life, if your husband doesn’t understand that, tell him not to let the door hit him in the ass!!!

Could you look at moving her into one of those senior retirement apartments where you live in your own apartment But there are services available as well as social acitvities At 63 she may enjoy all the services My mom lived in one for 10 years and just loved all the activities and they had services on site and she really loved the friends she made there

Ask him this… if it is his mom would he allow her to move in with you

Tell him to fork out money for the assisted living.

4 Likes

Mum comes before husband, especially if she’s not well.

Guess i would be single. My mom would def come before him

4 Likes

Hate to say it like this but just have her come. He will be just fine. Unless you have like 3 rooms. You’ll work it out. If he can’t understand then what type of man is he?

Ok but why? Your mom ain’t gonna be on this earth forever, don’t wanna regret not having her with you js

Your mom can come in, your husband can move out🥰

Need more of the story but I do see your husbands point, your whole life has to change

You need your mother, She needs your help.

2 Likes

Not enough information to give an opinion. Either way its BOTH your house. You need to communicate together. Facebook will give you 100 opinions…and only YOU know the ENTIRE story. Judging by this thread I can see why divorce rates are so high.

Single mom life isn’t so bad :woman_shrugging: if I was still married though, my mom would be moving in with me.

1 Like

Take care of your mom, you’ll never have another mom. You can always have another husband :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I bet he wouldn’t hesitate to spend her life insurance… my husband’s dad came to live with us… was.it easy… NOPE! Did I sometimes feel like running away… Yep! Did I… Nope! Would i do it all over again… MOST DEFINITELY!

I wonder how many people commenting that she should still live with ma would allow their MIL’s to move in :laughing:

He can always move …lol
Or help her to live closer or get a two family

2 Likes

Nope husband is my priority. Figure out best for all involved

1 Like

You take care of your mom.That hubby will be ok.Dont live with regrets

1 Like

Tell him “tough tiddy”. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Fuxk him. My mom was 63 when she died in april. If you have even a mildly decent relationship with your mama you take care of her!

Why does he not want your mother there ?

You said you are the only daughter… Which means she has sons and thus other options.

Go through her insurance and hire a caregiver/home health aide.

2 Likes

Did your husband give you life?

Send him to his mother’s so when she needs care he is already there for her.

Um not his choice. This is your mom.

3 Likes

Send the man packing! You can always find another man, but your mom is precious and you’ll never find another mom again

Well you dont have a good husband… For me if you really love me you should love my family… Period…

Without Mom, there would be no you, without you there would be no him. Plain and simple! “GOD” Blessed Mom with you, be Blessed to have her and keep her​:heart::heart:

Tell your husband to step it up or get out

4 Likes

Pray for your husband that his heart will be touched by God & allow your mom to move in with you.

You can always have another husband…you won’t always have another mother. I agree with Sue.

Stenig my nou maar… Hoelank gaan julle huwelik hou met familie onder julle dak? Julle het met mekaar getrou nie met familie nie.
Hoekom wil hy nie he sy moet daar kom bly nie, wat is die rede? As dit sy ma was, sou jy laat sy daar kom bly het?

My mom would definitely be moving in :woman_shrugging:t3:

11 Likes

Just tell him! I can’t believe a husband can do this to his wife! She is your mom! Go with your heart

I’d choose my mom sorry not sorry

2 Likes

You should go to your mother’s house and serve her till she recover soon inshaalallh
Your husband have no mercy

Maybe make her a tiny home on the property that way she can feel that she is on her own too

Move in with your mom

2 Likes

Family comes first. Especially if she’s not healthy.

1 Like

Well said my Niece lol your Uncle Jack (Pete)

I’m actually surprised at most of these comments.
Totally selfish.
Who helped you through life sense birth? Who made sure you were taken care of & fed, who sacrificed so you could be happy? Every mother does so dont even say otherwise. Who comforted you when you were helpless & wiped away your tears when you got hurt? Who was there with you through your worst & loved you unconditionally especially if you weren’t the easiest or nicest child at anytime? Who gave you all they could just to see you smile even if that meant giving up things so you could have more? When you got sick, who made sure you were taken care of even if it risked them getting sick too? When you were going through heartbreak, or any emotional pain who was the one that actually cared of what you were going through or was also hurt because you were? I can keep going but if you can’t appreciate your mother for all shes done for you then shame on you. It doesn’t matter if she was a strict parent or if she made mistakes that you hold against her, no one is perfect & I can guarantee she tried her best if she stuck it out raising you. People love show love in many ways. For the people who didn’t have a mother growing up, this applies to whoever raised you & the same respect & appreciation should be towards them. Do you know how many people wish they could see their mom 1 last time or just hear their voice again because their life was taken? You only get ONE mother so if you had the opportunity of knowing yours & being raised by then you better take a reality check & be thankful because once she’s gone, she wont be comming back & you WILL live with regret it if you dont one way or another. If your on bad terms then put your ego & stubbornness aside to make amends. Life is to damn short & it shouldnt take the loss of a loved one to realize it. My heart goes out to anyone who doesn’t have theirs anymore & who never got the chance to. It is so sad that anyone would even have second thoughts about caring for their mom, dad, grandparents, anyone who took care of YOU! Sick or not. Don’t make the mistake of realizing after it’s to late!!!

You should Call Dr.Laura tomorrow… 1-800-drlaura…i love her stance on situations like this :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My mom would be with me no matter what.

2 Likes

If it werent for her he wouldnt have a wife

Rather choose ur mum dan husband

1 Like

You only have one mother iam sure you can find plenty of husbands

1 Like

What are his reasons? My MIL moved in with us as she has Alzheimers. Honestly it has almost wrecked our lives, we cant do anything. Everything has to be locked up. Hubby lost his job and know is home all the time to care for her. It isnt for everyone. He promised to never put her in a home and with covid we know she wouldnt be able to have visitors at all. You two need to sit down and TALK about HIS reserves and why you want to do it.

1 Like

As someone whose lost her mother recently… get yourself a new husband.

When my mom was diagnosed with terminal cancer, my hubs and I threw around the idea of her coming to our house… she did end up going to my grandma’s house because she wanted to take care of her first baby till her dying day… we all took turns at my grandma’s house to help care for my mom… there is an unanswered question as to why he don’t want your mom there…

My husband would never tell me no when it comes to helping certain family members, 2 of my brothers and my mother we have helped and have had them live with us… but I would do the same for my husband’s family… no questions asked… we knew before we got together and had a kid and made a life, that if our families needed help we would help… it’s how we were both raised… my mom would never have had an assisted living person helping her, would have never went into a nursing home, or been without somewhere to go… we never even let her spend 1 days alone when she was in the hospital for 5 months straight… it is definitely my job to help take care when needed… and I have raised my son the same way… but also told him that his future wife needs to know that if he truly feels that way about helping me in my old age…

She is the age that she needs help. he needs to help figure out things out

I will never say no and your husband must not say no too ____ period

You know your Mom is your’e Mom you will never get another one!!

No way , i did it and it went very wrong don’t do it

Bring her home and take care of her. Its shouldn’t be a question.

2 Likes

Ask him what would he do if it was his mother

Family first! If your mom needs you then you need to put her first! If your husband who is suppose to support you in decisions then he needs to support you on this. I wouldn’t even ask I’d tell him she is moving in period. Listen I lost my mo. 16yrs ago she was only 51 and I would do anything to have just 5 mins with her.

My husband and I moved ALL of the in laws (Not all at once) into our home and cared for them in their final months of life. HOWEVER we discussed this as a couple with mutual respect and love for one another.

Uhmm. Tell him your sorry but that she is coming because your all she has! He will get over it!

He must go! She should help pay as she is able.

Pack his things move him out and move her in.

Please don’t put your husband before your mum. You’ll never have another mum.

63 years old is not that old and if ur husband doesnt want it u have to try to work something out where she can move closer but not in ur home

1 Like

Hope his mother never needs a place to live!!!

We are suppose to take of our parents no matter what. Whether its my mom or his. Its called respect

If u have kids you will be old some day remember that

Some put their spouses first I on the other hand believe they can come and go and he would definitely go…my children/ grandchildren and parents will always come first

Keep your mum. Close to you.
He hopefully will agree… Don’t live in regrets… Look after your mum…

If he is against it completely can u move her closer atleast…

2 Likes

Dont be a shity person I’ll tell you something you never know how long they will be around dont be so selfish . Even if its temporary doing be a fool

1 Like

You can just visit your mom at her house so you don’t ruin your marriage

4 Likes

Build a mother in law suite.

Sorry hubby, she’s moving in.

Ask what if it was his mom

Build her a small mother in law suite

My mother… Her health is bad so who knows how long she will be around… Things happen…

My mom would come first regardless! What is his reason for not wanting her there?

1 Like

Tell ur husband to go to hell. She is ur mother.

So when you’re old is he not going to take care of you?! Seriously sounds like a garbage ass dude

1 Like

Do you also work? Or are you putting another person for him to care for under the roof without supplemental income? This can stress him greatly. He won"t be able to relax, and it will effect your sex life.