My husband got mad our son was playing with dolls: Advice?

I never gave my boys a doll

1 Like

He hopefully will grow up to be a responsible loving father. Just let him play.

2 Likes

How old is your son?

Let him play with dolls. I played GI Joe and HeMan

1 Like

Children just play and are innocent, that does not determine anything…what’s wrong with your grown man?..

2 Likes

It’s sad but I don’t blame him . It use to be a time lil girls played with trucks and lil boys played with dolls . Now a child can’t lick a lollipop or they being labeled …a boy likes yellow he confused a girl play baseball she wanna be a boy . A child can’t even be a child anymore… Sad world we live in . The wrong person see him with a doll and start preying on him … And again a sad world a child can’t be a child anymore.now they just a label …soon babies being born Dr gonna say it’s a girl but she can be a boy if you like sad world

2 Likes

Your husband is an AH. He’s ignorant in child development as well. Boys who are told “dolls are for girls” become men who are uncomfortable with babies. Boys who are taught it’s ok to be compassionate & role play caregiving become great father’s, teachers, pediatricians etc. Let your baby play with babies. Tell the husband if he’s not ok with him being a good father then he himself can be a weekend father.

1 Like

No you are not wrong!!

1 Like

I played with ninja turtles when I was little and I’m a girl. I also played with my dinky cars out in the dirt every single day, my mom would be annoyed because all my pants on the bum and knees were stained lol. I don’t see anything wrong with a boy playing with a doll.

2 Likes

Your husband is sexist and homophobic. Maybe therapy would help him. In the meantime, please don’t raise your son to be sexist and homophobic like his father.

1 Like

I made sure my 2 boys had dolls and stuffed animals to play with and learn how to nurture and be gentle. I also made sure my girls played with GI Joe and plastic Army men and tanks. Also cowboys stuff and horses. All my kids had plenty of Matchbox cars and trucks as well. I really never worried about my children’s sexuality as they grew up.

1 Like