My husband got mad our son was playing with dolls: Advice?

Is he a dad with a child? A small child? If so then he needs to hush. His son may also be a dad one day.

1 Like

It’s the 21st century dad, he can play with whatever he’s into

What’s gonna happen? Your son is gonna learn how to be a good father? :rofl: Oh no. You let your son touch a doll, he’s definitely gay now.

3 Likes

Your husband is an idiot

1 Like

Boys need to learn to be good dads the same as girls need to learn how to be good moms.

2 Likes

I think your husband needs his head examined. Perhaps he has some unresolved issues

4 Likes

Tell him most men don’t know how to nurture, protect, and take care of their children because they “weren’t allowed too” in their childhood. And grow up not having a clue how to care for another person.

5 Likes

I am old school and I let my son play with his sisters dolls.Now he is a loving father of 3 boys.He is 38 years old.In our days it was frown on for letting boys play with dolls and prams.His sisters would play with his cars,but know one would say anything.Sorry but your husband needs to get with the time.It’s a toy that both gender can play with.

2 Likes

I make over $220 an hour working from home. I never thought I’d be able to do this, but my colleague makes over $17,980 a month doing it, and he convinced me to give it a try. The possibilities with this are endless.

SEE MORE HERE…>> https://moneyboost8.pages.dev/

It’s a toy. I mean my brother used to play with an “action figure”, but it was a doll to me

1 Like

My husband says the same thing. I don’t listen :woman_shrugging:

Blow him off. Dumb :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Josh Koegler LOL sounds insecure

1 Like

Men have children too. Wouldn’t he want your son to grow up knowing how to love a baby?

2 Likes

I used to work overnight at Walmart and I remember years ago this woman was shopping with her son who looked to be about 4 or 5 and she asked him what yogurt bottles he wanted. He said he wanted Dora the Explorer and she went off on him saying he will not be choosing any girly yogurt he better choose something for boys. I never understood why she said that to him. Like it’s just yogurt. And even if he liked something “for girls,” what does it matter? People and kids like what they like.

4 Likes

You’re husband sounds like he’s stuck in the 1950s. Tell him he would be more understanding if he played with dolls. Then give him a doll.

4 Likes

Give him the doll because he’s obviously not going to learn how to be a good dad from your husband

7 Likes

This is a problem for you and your husband to deal with not fb.

1 Like

I think the misogyny is coming from inside the house and he needs to keep that shit away from your kids

Tell your husband’s to stfu, no where does it say dolls are only for girls

My son carried a doll around forever qnd he’s the best big brother ever it just taught him to be sweet and compassionate with his sister even my fiancee didn’t have a issue with it why bc it’s a toy!

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with boys playing with dolls
Same as there is nothing wrong With girls playing with trucks

I think hubby may have a hidden phobia

4 Likes

So your husband isn’t comfortable with his son learning how to be kind , caring, compassionate, loving, and attentive to a baby when he becomes a father himself :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. Child psychologist and behaviorist all will tell you that a boy :boy: laying with a doll is him learning how to be good with those younger an smaller than him and helps teach responsibility. Right along with what I said above. Kids learn compassion and empathy by playing with dolls. Tell your husband he needs to wake up and stop ruining your son from becoming a caring , compassionate and loving person and a future loving doting father when he grows up.

4 Likes

Makes them better dad’s I’ve heard time and time again

2 Likes

Your not wrong, boys play with dolls all the time but they are dressed as soldiers, wrestlers and even motor bike racers, tell him stop being silly

1 Like

This isn’t the 1950’s anymore he can play with a doll if he wants. Let him enjoy childhood because it will be over before you guys know it.

4 Likes

Your husband might benefit from a visit with a therapist.
At the very least, get him a book on Normal childhood development. (Probably one written by a man woud be better)

5 Likes

Children who play with dolls have a sense of nuture. You play babies with your kids show them how to care for a baby because one day if you’re blessed with grandchildren you’ll know your babies already have built in basics about how to love and care for a baby.

3 Likes

My daughter has put her brother in an Elsa dress, had him playing Barbies …so…I don’t see an issue with boys playing with dols

1 Like

Here’s an article you might have him read. Help him understand he’s been conditioned to believe this way with no evidence to back his concerns. Opposite in fact. It’s a great first lesson in nurturing and may help him one day become a great father.

2 Likes

They learn to be a good parent nothing wrong…girls play with cars trucks and guns too.

2 Likes

I think your husband might be hiding something about himself😂

4 Likes

Get him a GI Joe doll. Happy husband happy child. A doll is a doll but hubby will say action figure.

My oldest son played with dolls–and with Spiderman and Batman, Ninja Turtles, and all kinds of cars and trucks. He is the best Daddy today!

Nothing wrong with that it’s just a toy

1 Like

Boys can play with dolls without a problem. My son used to watch barbie all the time. He’s a kid, just let him be. Tell your husband to relax.

2 Likes

Let kids play with toys it doesn’t matter if they are for the opposite sex or not they are just toys.

Well your husband should have played with dolls – helps boys to know how to be nice to girls and to be a good father.

1 Like

My older brother would play dollhouse with me. He’s now a great father to my nephew and niece. Your hubby needs to grow up.

5 Likes

If you want him to be a nice father and respect women, let him play with the god damn dolls. Tell your husband to fix his insecurities and ego issue…

1 Like

If he’s that concerned and you want to meet in the middle get your son an action figure son is happy and so is husband

3 Likes

Dress the doll in army clothes and tell him it’s a GI Jane :joy:

1 Like

Ask him why his masculinity is so fragile :unamused:

5 Likes

It’s nothing wrong with boys playing with dolls. Men grow up to be dads, little boys need to practice.

2 Likes

Playing with dolls promotes empathy in young boys. It has no effect on his sexuality or gender preference.

3 Likes

How old is your son? He must be fairly young if you’re still bathing him. So,if you’re still bathing g him ,hez young enough to play with dolls in the tub. Tell your husband to loosen up.

My girls are 17, 9 and 5 and they all used to play in the dirt, my 9 and 5 year olds got tonka trucks for Xmas a few years back and they move the dirt from one pile to another. They know that’s what poppy does. My now 3 year old put a doll that her Aunty and uncle gave her in the bin because it was a car or a truck

1 Like

No, my husband had a buggy and doll for his 5th Birthday he wanted to be a daddy. Nothing wrong with it.

1 Like

God forbid a male child should have a doll and grow up to be a caring nurturing father one day

4 Likes

Your husband is just mad your son will grow up to be a good dad despite him being a :poop: one.

4 Likes

My son played with them when he was young and I heard the same story I just said right now it doesn’t hurt anything it’s just a toy he thinks is fun. He grew out of it on his own but I don’t think children should be made to be shamed for that it’s absolutely normal.

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t2: one of My boys LOVES skye from paw patrol, unicorns and the colour pink. Hé wears pink shirts with them on it. It does not mean anything. Playing with a doll is the same, it does not mean anything. My girl had all the paw patrol cars when she was little.

1 Like

I think your husband has issues. I would let my child play with whatever he or she enjoys.

6 Likes

There it is again. That gender thing. I hate that! Boys can’t practice at being daddies? Oh, good grief! I highly doubt that a boy young enough to need to be bathed is old enough to be gender confused by holding a doll to keep him occupied in the tub. As if he would be anyway… What is wrong with people? Ok, daddy, go to Walmart. In the baby section, there are little net bags of plastic bath toys. Fish, frogs, and ducks. I suppose those would be gender neutral enough for you. Geez!

3 Likes

Idk if I’d let my son play with princesses or Barbie’s but baby dolls yes bc even a boy will grow up to be a father! Also it just a toy if it makes him happy I don’t see the issue

3 Likes

I think your husband is an asshole who needs to grow up

My son is now 28yo and a wonderful father . His father told me for years that id …make him gay …because he wanted a doll and I bought him one. He played with that doll for years. Took it walks in its buggy etc. Needless to say my husband was an ass lol .
Let your son play with whatever he wants

Who gives a fuck about the husband? Boy’s too grow up to be teachers, nurses, doctors, child minders and have children of their own. If the kid is happy playing with doll’s then he is happy

Toxic masculinity at its finest.
Sit down and explain to your husband how playing with dolls doesn’t make your son any less of a boy. Especially if he has sisters it’s perfectly normal for him to want to do what she does. I remember fondly painting my little brothers nails. It’s really not a big deal, we are both adults now and still laugh about it.

3 Likes

My son had a doll and a little pram he loved it doesn’t matter they’re still babies themselves

2 Likes

If its a babydoll, remind him that EVERYONE should be allowed to play with babies and learn how to treat them

If it’s barbies or something, ask him if he’d rather his son play with action figures and when he says yes, say “okay so playing with small, overly secualized buff men with chiseled abs is alright though… got it”

3 Likes

In my house we don’t even use the phrase “that’s for girls”

We say “thats not for kids” usually about my makeup lol i wont be letting my daughter play with my makeup either sooooo. If it’s something meant for a child then it’s meant for ANY CHILD, not just boys or girls. If you can’t honestly say “that’s not for kids” then it’s okay for ANY CHILD

6 Likes

l Get paid over $118 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18229 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarPort717.pages.dev/

It’s a mini person
It’s just a toy
My son’s favorite color was pink until he was 6 because it was what mama liked it’s not a big deal

3 Likes

Your husband has issues

6 Likes

My nephews 7 and still plays with them I don’t see the problem think he’s perfectly fine playing with one in the bath

My son walked all over town will a doll he named baby Jake and pushed him in a blue pram when he was 3 he’s 11 now I say to him do you remember baby Jake he tells me to shut up :crazy_face::rofl: its just a phase he’s fine

He’s a kud let him play with it if it makes him happy and keeps him quiet

1 Like

Tell him to get a grip .nothing wrong with it to him just a toy to play with xx

2 Likes

Your husband sounds demented

Go Joes are dolls and so is the Ken doll. And my daughter played with trucks when she was small. They are only toys.

3 Likes

My brother was the only boy with 3 sisters. He had plenty of boy toys but played with dolls. I played with my older boy cousins most so I rarely played with dolls. That’s normal behavior. It’s innocent children having innocent fun. Toys don’t have a gender and can be enjoyed by all regardless. It becomes an issue and big deal when you make it one. You’re not in the wrong

4 Likes

Think your man needs to grow up My son played with his sisters dolls too not a big deal he didn’t turn out gay as ppl would tell me and even if he had he’s still my kid wouldn’t love him any less

4 Likes

All my boys had dolls nothing wrong with it they love those babies they take care of them

1 Like

I wouldnt listen if he wants to play with them let him!! Role play with dolls is learning regardless of sex of child

My ex husband and my son’s dad used to get mad id let my son play with baby dolls but he loved them and wanted a sibling. He just now got one and he’s 11. And you know what he’s awesome with her and he still has the baby doll I got him when he was 2. He used to want his nails painted too so i would do either clear polish or id paint a spider on his hand. They threw a fit about that too but I always went with my gut. If my son was happy and it wasn’t hurting anyone I let him be and just have fun being a kid.

1 Like

Did he ever play with the GI joe. It’s a doll

1 Like

Ummm is your husband cool being a dad? Cuz essentially letting kids (girls and boys) play with dolls, is supporting them becoming parents down the road. If your husband is ok with him becoming a father eventually then playing with Dolls is all part of it.

3 Likes

Your husband is wrong mu kids played with dolls when they were younger and thats cause the lady who would watch my boys only had girls so it didn’t bother me when they did

Sorry, but your husband is just a a$$ hole. All 3 my boys played with dolls and all three are straight as an arrow. One is married!!! All kids like dolls. Your husband is such a jerk!!!

Little boys learn to be caring and compassionate Fathers when playing with dolls, it will make him a better man

1 Like

Sounds like some toxic ish you need to nip in the bud

My grandson likes to play with his sister little doll or if it’s cause he likes to take it away from her it’s no big dell don’t worry about it

1 Like
1 Like

https://thehomespunhydrangea.com/6-reasons-boys-should-play-with-dolls/

He’s wrong, if it makes him (your husband) feel any better, go get him an army man doll or buzz light year! Children learn how to nurture playing with dolls!!! And either way, that is his child and he should love him no matter what!!! My son played with dolls and I knew he was going to be a great father :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and he is

2 Likes

I think your baby is a baby. Toys are toys. Toys don’t make you gay if that’s what he’s worried about about lol. He’s not thinking about his sexual orientation while being a baby hes thinking about playing with toys in the bathtub :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

He needs to relax. I played with mainly boy toys as a kid and I’m a full blown girl lol. Kids can play with any toys available, why? Because they are toys lol

2 Likes

I have raised 4 sons, combat sports loving, out doorsy, manly young men. We also have 4 daughters 2 being significantly younger than the boys and guess what, when they want tea parties, my boys wear the crowns, they play barbies, the help with dress up, apply makeup and even let the little ladies paint their toe nails, so let him play with dolls, tell hubby to kick rocks your raising a loving caring young man who will some day be a husband and father

2 Likes

Tell him that your son is learning how to be a good father by playing with baby dolls, too bad your husband didn’t play with them.

4 Likes

Children don’t see anything wrong with playing with anything. It’s quite normal that they play with dolls, dinosaurs :sauropod: or anything else. Let him play with the doll. It’s a way of processing learning and caring for things.

1 Like

Your husband is the pathetic loss of humanity. Pity💔

2 Likes

Tell your hubby to get educated. Take some parenting classes
https://thehomespunhydrangea.com/6-reasons-boys-should-play-with-dolls/

1 Like

Your husband is a d bag. Thats just crazy homophobic thinking and he needs to stop pushing his terrible beliefs off on his little kids. He’s wrong.

1 Like

Jeez, it’s not gonna make him gay!!! Pleassse

Tell him to grow up? Toys are toys. If you’re uncomfortable with your son playing with a TOY because it could “change” their sexuality or gender is ridiculous. They are children. My son has glittery JoJo Siwa skirts to dress up and play in he has babies he has dolls. and he’s 4. It’s fine. Stop putting a gender on toys. Let kids be kids. Even if you did have a hunch your child could be gay you’re a bad parent for not accepting that 100%. Your children will grow into their own people it’s your job to accept them. 

1 Like

Father in training. Girls also play with trucks.

3 Likes

What do I think well I think u need to tell ur husband to suck it

Playing with dolls helps teach boys how to be good Daddys

6 Likes

Study show that boys that play with dolls grow up to be loving fathers, doctors,care givers. Teachers, etc

7 Likes