My husband is mad that I sold his xbox: Advice?

Let him leave.how childest.

1 Like

Imagine if the roles were reversed on this post. He sold all of her make up for example. (Only thing I can think of that people use to release stress/have fun). Oooooh no.

1 Like

Dead wrong, it was his stress relief, he may not leave you, but your life will be hell, what if he starts hanging out after work with his friends, not having a care how you feel about it, since you didn’t consider his feelings before you sold his Xbox

1 Like

Well def uncalled for but maybe at most hid it until he understood he needs to help some and 50/50 on weekends. Id leave you though too for doin that tbh. Yeah hes acting up doing that but thats extremely rude .

1 Like

Maybe u should have sat him down and explained to him how sad it made u feel that his only love is the xbox, explained that u miss him as do ur children, I feel had this conversation happened you may have got somw where but sadly selling his treasure you may have lost him forever, which might not have been such a bad thing either as he clearly doesn’t see ur worth xxx

4 Likes

I dont play video games myself… im not a 12yo

1 Like

He’s locked himself in the bedroom and won’t talk to you… WTAF? Is he 6?!?

3 Likes

I think that was pretty childish to sell it. You both need to grow up and act like adults. Communication is so very important. You should have talked with him before doing something so drastic. How would you feel if he up and sold your phone, tablet or computer, tv. What ever you enjoy doing ??

4 Likes

Wooowwwww he’s a whole child

Without a doubt, you were wrong. At least he was coming home even if he wasn’t helping he could’ve been at a bar instead. How would you feel if he sold something that you valued? Maybe you guys shouldn’t be married

5 Likes

Poor Woman, Check The Wedding Vow’s , Check The Privilege’s Of MaMa’s Boy’s, Check The Rule’s Of Parenting, & Indeed Check The Rule’s Of A Adult Male, Add, Multiply, Subtract & Divide & Serve A Equal Or Else Notice, Then Enjoy Ur Day Hun !!!

1 Like

Yes you were. Honestly what would you rather him home or him out partying with his friends. Tell him how u feel once he stops acting like a child.

I wouldn’t buy it back or get a new one. Let him sulk and act like a child. Time for him to man up or move out.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: grow up daddy, your kids and your wife are missing out on you. Good on you mum. Don’t replace it. He has responsibilities of helping you to teach your children, all he’s teaching them is to be selfish, self centered and ignorant. Mofo, it takes 2 to make and 2 to raise.

2 Likes

You sold his personal possession? He should take back the wedding ring and sell it. We don’t even sell our kids’ things when we take them away. Take it and hide it at a friend’s place or at work, but you don’t sell someone’s private property. Chances are he plays a lot to escape her. My guess is she wanted the kids and he didn’t. So, while it is his responsibility to help out, it sounds like their life went to her plan not his :person_shrugging:

8 Likes

Sounds like a man child on your hands

1 Like

Sounds like something my 12 year old son would say. I would ask him if his “xbox progress” is more important than his family progress. Let him make the decision and show you what’s more important to him

3 Likes

Yes. You are definitely in the wrong. If he’s not being a partner, sell the man not his things.

9 Likes

He sounds like an immature child he’s got responsibilities now needs to step up

2 Likes

Selling his belonging is very controlling… I agree he should be helping out with the kids but a conversation and a compromise would have been suffice… you had no right selling his things… how would you feel if he took your phone whilst you slept and sold it … or took your clothes… that was his and as much as it annoyed you him being on it so much you had no right to sell it. He could in fact say you stole it and sold it behind his back… but when all said and done, if your not happy with how he acts in the family home then ask him to leave :woman_shrugging:. Have a break whatever… but no right whatsoever to sell his things :woman_facepalming:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Kindra Alford

This is about more than just an Xbox. There is a disconnect in your marriage. I am an online gamer (met my husband while gaming 26 years ago). It is addicting, but you need to moderate your time and be there for your family as well. It is also possible he is not happy and is using it as an escape. While I disagree with your decision, he does need to become more present. I highly recommend couples counseling. If he refuses, it is probably time to move on.

1 Like

He will leave over it I’ve been beat and almost killed over ps5 … just for hiding it I feel exactly like u do but I have to tell myself atleast he ain’t out cheating robbing stealing drugging etc… he hasn’t put his hands on me since I called police the last time HOWEVER I HAVENT TOUCHED HIS GAME ANY MORE EITHER feel like I have a child instead of a man PRAYERS AND BLESSINGS

2 Likes

if he is playing all night and not paying attention to you or the kids and he locked himself in your room… tell me again why you are with this guy?

2 Likes

Oh lord please kick this man child out the house until he is ready to participate :rofl:

2 Likes

I mean what he was doing wasn’t right however what you did was even worse. I would never sell my husband’s things without his permission.

4 Likes

You do realize that his account can be compromised now… my son has one. I’m not a gamer but my credit card has been used and kept record on it, my email is attached to it, all the messages between him and his friends, my YouTube account, my netflix, ect… depending on which model he has its basically like a mini computer. I hope he has it password protected. Personally I wouldn’t have sold it. Really I would have just said what I had to say and let him say what he had to say about it. If I was unhappy with his decision then I would have just left but I’m a blunt forward type of person. Expecting him to just up and quit gaming all together is selfish in my opinion. He’s entitled to do something he enjoys but not 24/7. A compromise prolly would have went over better for you.

3 Likes

Let him leave. Sounds like a spoiled little brat to me rather than a husband & father. He needs a dose of reality!!!

You must want him to be your EXHUSBAND soon!!! You married him, but now you don’t communicate with him. U are NOT CHILDREN!

2 Likes

You were wrong for not kicking him out.
Just kidding are you guys 18 what’s the story here. So did you ever make any effort to communicate to him. I hope you did.

This is all kinds of EPICNESS! :rofl:

1 Like

Oh well look like his priorities aren’t in the right place. He needs to grow up and put his big girl panties on​:joy::woman_facepalming:t3:

Hell no he does act like man child and if he can’t see that was taking the most time from his family hell I woulda sold it as well. Assuming you had prior conversations about his gaming 24/7 . Damn I couldn’t stand to see a grown man on a video game that is just ridiculous.

Stick by what you did. If he is any kind of family man he will get it and if not tough s—-

1 Like

What a jerk! What about family time? I would have been divorced by now! An Xbox is an escape for him, but not for your family?

Leave him if he isn’t being a husband and a father and all he wants to do is play the game you don’t need another child sorry I would have smashed it to bits​:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Your both in the wrong…

4 Likes

Wow he’s showing his true colors. No real man would act like that…and I mean play video games and not step up. Sounds like you got a child yikes

1 Like

He’s acting like a child and you’re treating him like one :sob::sob: if it was the other way around and he sold something you spend a lot of time doing, how would you feel?

1 Like

Yes you were wrong to sell the Xbox. Being said, your husband is acting like a spoiled brat. He needs to act like a husband and a father. Helping you with the house and with children. Then after awhile, He may get an Xbox with limited time.

This behavior is childish.
Your husband playing games as if he’s 12 and u with a temper tantrum like a 3 yr old.

2 Likes

Baby games! Both of you!

2 Likes

100% in the wrong. You own him a xbox in my book.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t of said you were wrong, but I know someone that would go ape shit for that. I don’t really see the problem. Because some women can’t find their man.

Good job you did something that no one else is game too in a relationship if this was your child and it ruled their life I think you would do the same stick to it he needs a bit of reality before playing in a fake world I praise you alot

3 Likes

Let him Leave you don’t need another child

You’re both in the wrong :flushed::sweat_smile:

I didn’t even think when I commented before. Did you at least do a master reset on it? If not, that person you just sold it to now has access to all his accounts, and that could include credit/debit informtion.

Yes you were in the wrong.
The Xbox is not your problem, if someone cares and loves you they will want to be with you and help you.

2 Likes

Yes, you were wrong. Apologize and replace it. It wasn’t yours to sell.

3 Likes

He could’ve tried more and you should’ve talked to him about limiting game time before you did that.

1 Like

he should sell someone of yours to get even

Now you are the one playing games. It wasn’t yours to sell.

1 Like

Wow I can’t believe how some of you people are talking to this woman. She is dealing with a grown child and he got what he deserved. Would you all let your own children constantly spend time on an Xbox and not participate in real life? I don’t think so. Now will he grow up, probably not. But she is see how truly selfish he is. He doesn’t see the wake up call that he’s about to lose his family. That is way more important than that stupid Xbox.

What is it with these games and grown men? If it’s a past time, fine. But if a man is basically addicted, he doesn’t help out at home, and simply acts like a child, by all means…Get his game back, exchanging it for the housekeys, send him back to momma.

You’re both wrong but he needs to get off his ass and help with the kids and house!

You still have a husband? Just saying

Def in the wrong. I get your point about that but you could have put it up like we do our kids things. Not go and sell it on him. Communicate ! Explain to him how you feel. Sometimes games can be an outlet. I don’t agree on all day every minute but if he helps with the kids and house then let him play on his downtime.

If you helped pay for it :woman_shrugging:t2: I helped pay for our ps5 and I can sell it if I want to :joy:

If I was your husband I would have been mad too. I don’t even play the xbox but I know doing that is very uncool and I would never sell it. Looks like you are buying another one and apologising

Maybe he should sell all of your makeup and your phone since you are putting all of your effort into being a self richeous thief and then your phone bc you are investing into therapy by Facebook strangers rather than talk to him about it… you were wrong. And if you are this controlling in life I imagine he plays all the time to avoid you and your nagging… I can’t even imagine the rage I would feel if someone did that to me…Or how mad my husband would be if I sold his race car bc he spends too much time with it :rofl::poop: I would literally only do that if I was hankering for a divorce. I personally think he should divorce you, he needs a wife not a mother