My husband left to his parents house and I feel abandoned: Advice?

How far is it to his moms? I’d drive there and check

3 Likes

I’m sorry love and I know all these beautiful ladies are saying it too and I know it’s going to be hard but it will be better off but leave his ass in the dust he did technically abandon you’s and wants to day he doesn’t know when he’s coming home that’s big red flags and you have never met them but he always goes out there to see them ? That’s a red flag to babygirl you and them baby’s deserve so much better then what the hell he is doing to you’s right now kind of sounds like he met someone down there and just felt like he could abandon his family he created over 11 years that is no man he is a coward and when it don’t work out with that woman he’s gana try to messle his way back in do not let him you are nobody’s second choice babes :heart: it’s gana be hard and it’s gana hurt but I promise you there are better days ahead for you and them precious kiddos of yours I’m so sorry you are going through that and dealing with that man child hugs to you :heart:

It’s kind of hard for me to understand him being “so close” to his parents and them not wanting anything to do with their grandkids.

6 Likes

Hes taking care of his ill and elderly father and youre trying to turn it into him abandoning you?

Of course you didn’t get notice, that’s how illness can work, sudden and rapid decline is very common.

If you were that unwell im sure you’d want your husband there to take care of you?
Would you rather be with someone who doesn’t take care of his family?

You sound needy, selfish and over dramatic

26 Likes

Mama…have you ever been gaslit by him? This sounds so toxic and messed up in so many ways. I think the red flags may go way further back than just this.
Somethings not right and regardless of the past or now, NO WOMAN, let alone CHILDREN, deserve that.
Honestly, I’d run far and fast

1 Like

Following for a hopeful update

So, I’m just going to say it. He has another family where his parents live. Do yourself a favor leave the kids with family and do a recon mission. Go there and busy his ass.

Red flag. I would be worried too… seems wierd.

11 years and you haven’t met your inlaws? How will he send money of he quit his job?why doesn’t he call but text? This is very concerning. People with kids just don’t up and quit thier jobs. Sounds like he is already set up where he is staying and it’s not with his parents.

9 Likes

I’d be like, so… who’s your other family? Other wife and kids? Lmfao. Weird. He wont answer his phone, he doesn’t call you, he’s never around, has mysterious money. You either show up to his parents house, or wollow in your cheating husband. Up to you.

2 Likes

I need more explaining - 11 years together and you haven’t met your in-laws nor do they like you? How do they dislike you THAT much that you and kids aren’t invited for his two weeks there?
Are they y’all’s kids?
Why does your husband seem so comfortable going to said families for two weeks when his own wife isn’t invited. Sorry but family or not, my husband ain’t going nowhere that I’m not welcome :woman_shrugging:t3:
It’s odd that all of this happened so fast and he didn’t even think to mention to you that he was quitting his job that day or there was a possibly. You need to speak with him about communication because shit can just lead farther south the less that’s talked about. You’ll immediately think worse cause and it just all goes downhill.

Things are not always what they seem. Something isn’t right here. I agree with the others, you need to go to his parents.

4 Likes

Sounds all a bit suspicious u

1 Like

He has another family. He’s living a double life.

3 Likes

Following for update

You will not go to your parents’ house, there is another family there, or perhaps the other family is yours, open your eyes ma’am.

Him taking care of his father is one thing… him not even giving you a roundabout of when he’s coming home is another. Sounds like he took the cowardly route and doesn’t know how to tell you. You need to tell him he owes it to you and your kids to let you know if he’s coming back home, and if so when.

Im going against the grain on this one… like when u get the phone call that ur family is very ill u drop everything and go i mean thats what family does and if u know he’s at his parents as u have said when there is no time line on someone passing and if thats is what’s going on this is a son about to lose his dad everything is not going to make since other than him being there with him through it like his dad has been for him his whole life… Not saying he is handling it right or in a way we understand but losing a parent nothing makes since… What if hus dad passes and he comes home knowing he did right by his father to find u completely shut down bc u didn’t think past what other peoples opinions are on here just saying…

2 Likes

Sounds like he has a secret life with someone else

4 Likes

Something is up. Drive out there!

4 Likes

And seriously, on a side note? Make sure you have a back up plan, cause honey, it sounds like hes about to completely screw you over.

5 Likes

Go with your gut because something is up

1 Like

Have you spoken to him about your feelings? Have you ever spoken to his parents? Do you know where they live? There is a lot of missing information here. I do agree, this sounds a lot like he has another women or family but that is just based off the information given.

1 Like

I’m not trying to judge but something isn’t right. I think you need to know your feelings are VERY valid! You feel deserted because he deserted you. His father being ill is awful but you take your family with you. Irrational behavior is just that, and he’s being irrational. Something is not right. You were given discernment for a reason.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s suspect.

Go file for child support he is off doing shady shit

I need more info! This story is so compelling. Im completely invested, please post more. Pleased update. I hope you are ok. This sounds like a really terrible situation. I’m sending my hopes wishes and prayers. :cry:

5 Likes

You’ve been married 11 years and never met his parents? Red flag.

19 Likes

Ummmm he has another family for sure, I would drive my ass up there

Following for an update at some point. I hope everyone is wrong here but I’m going with the majority. I was personally put in this situation and it’s not good! Im sorry you are going through this. I wish you and the kids the best! :pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Best get on your phone bill statement and see whomever he’s been speaking to.
I have service through Verizon. You can see old text messages and phone records still.

I hope you transfer money in the bank and tell him you will transfer it back over once he comes home.

Leave him with maybe 500 depending what’s in there. More or less make sure you have money to care for your kids.

3 Likes

He left you and is too chicken to tell you

1 Like

So his parents have never met their grandkids either? You i could almost maybe buy but they dont want to meet their grandkids? Nah sis hes sus probably an affair

1 Like

Is this for real? Is this your life ?

2 Likes

The other woman just had his baby and he had to go quickly to be there for the birth and now he’s playing house with his 2nd life

12 Likes

Your what ? Husband?
No.
Ex husband

4 Likes

If he has a parent that is ill and could possibly die soon give him the time needed to spend with parents before they go to heaven. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

2 Likes

You married a man without meeting his family? Sounds highly suspect to me. As a mother, a would absolutely insist on meeting any woman my son intended to or went ahead and married. Brace yourself for the worst hun and start making a plan for you and your kids.

4 Likes

Time to plan a future without him girl red flags every where. What ur saying

2 Likes

I asked my hubby what a mans view would be. He said not only is it fishy but sounds like he may have another family. And thinks they may be onto him so he has to spend more time with them. I hope we are wrong. But something is fishy. Very

17 Likes

Pack up and leave. Get a job. He’s unreliable at this point.

1 Like

Why haven’t you met them yet if your in the same town. And if he can’t or won’t back you up or defend you first bye falisha !

Take ur kids and go to hs parents house, just show up unexpectedly … tell them you were missing ur husband

2 Likes

Show up and show out!!!
Demand answers/meet his “parents”!
No husband/dad would ever do this, to ppl he truly loves. Yes he has abandoned you. I’d honestly start securing $ and keep a detailed record of all events. Because he also has abandon his kids.
I’d load up and go see what’s up OR hire a private investigator, again that way you have proof if things go south. Do not tell him your next move either.

100% abandoning you. This is extremely fishy and something is definitely going on

8 Likes

11 years and you’ve never met his family!? thats a serious red flag

12 Likes

Time to think about leaving.

1 Like

He has someone else. Plain and simple.

8 Likes

You haven’t met his parents and you’ve been together 11 years ?!??!! That’s crazy to me. Have they even met your kids ? Were they not at your wedding ?!? What is he hiding ?!? I have soooo many questions ….

21 Likes

almost sounds like he lives a double life and may have two families? this seriously sounds like a crazy movie skit I’m so sorry this is happening to you

17 Likes

Get out of being the patsy, the door mat. You must be on it to take care of your children and yourself. Get a lawyer now so you won’t make any mistakes that could cost you your rights. He has abandoned the marriage not just you.

3 Likes

Yeah, he totally has a side chick!

2 Likes

Sounds like you’ve got yourself a Jason collier situation…has he been buying his “parents” an odd amount of coffee makers perhaps? Sorry, I know a crass joke in this situation but I really don’t understand how tf this didn’t raise any kinda red flags…it sounds like he is leading a double life and has a whole other family…I’d have my hind end behind the wheel so fast and goin to my in-laws house an raising all kinda hell and questions.

3 Likes

Girl drop his name, we all are internet sleuths over here :rofl: lol but you have every right to feel how you do. I would feel abandoned too. Maybe it’s time to move on and meet a nice fellow who wants to share you and the kids with his family :woman_shrugging:t3: Good luck

16 Likes

Definitely has another family or something crazy. Grab as much cash as you can and get the hell out of there. Child support will handle the rest

5 Likes

Sounds like he’s living a double life, you should drive up to his parents. Wouldn’t tolerate that for 11years :woman_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

This is literally the most insane thing I’ve ever read! This is not ok. I feel so many things about this and I’m not even the one in the situation. I can’t imagine how you are feeling. How can his parents hate you but never met you? They don’t want to see grandkids? This seems off to me. He up and quits when he could be ready to retire? Doesn’t care if his kids have health insurance? No calls? Vacations alone? Does he have another family or something? This is wild and completely unacceptable in my opinion!

4 Likes

I’ve seen movies like this… he has another family. Double life! Go show up at his parents house.

8 Likes

Looks like you need to pack your bags and your kids to and mosey on over there and see what the Hells going on… introduce yourself!

13 Likes

He has someone else. Maybe even a second family. Just makes no sense!

2 Likes

Yikes! I’d run! & fast!!!

1 Like

So his sister just texted him on Sunday his dads health was declining. Did he not see that for himself the week earlier? Odd.

5 Likes

Ranga Sofian Bell omg

I would pack my kids and go to where he is. If he doesn’t like it he can come home with you and the kids.

2 Likes

Tell him not to come back.

1 Like

That’s just so messed up he’s hiding something :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Do you even know where his parents live :no_mouth: ever even talked to them or anything? I’d be dropping my kids off with a trusted sitter and driving my ass to his parents house. I’d also be online looking up information. There’s no way in God’s given earth that I would just sit there for 10 years and not meet the parents ect.

He’s got a side chick… and something happened like she got pregnant and had a baby… I would drive your ass to his parents house… that is your husband

He’s hiding something or planning to leave

2 Likes

Sis pull up to your in-laws with a gun and aim it at his hoe :gun::gun::gun::gun:

9 Likes

Ya I would go on a road trip

2 Likes

Red flags all over the place

1 Like

I’d definitely be taking the kids to meet their paternal grandparents! Seriously… The kids aren’t invited? To their grandparents? That’s weird af. They’ve never met you or them? You need to get there ASAP and figure out what that man is doing.

14 Likes

How often does he travel out of state?

If you know the address I would be going there and finding out for myself. If his dads health is declining then he should want to meet his grandkids and daughter in law. This is crazy, you are a lot stronger than I am, I would have told him I was going with him and if he said no then I would have driven down there myself.

4 Likes

I would like an update on how this turned out

8 Likes

Hmmmmm this is tricky, it could be going either way but it sounds like he left and is avoiding confrontation from you this is something you two need to have a deep talk about

1 Like

I would show up, it’s not normal for a husband to go on vacation alone and only to his parents house who you’ve never met. This is just so weird the whole situation.

4 Likes

I would not be there when he got back. Wonder how long it would take him to notice?

4 Likes

You need to check finances and get things to your advantage. This is the weirdest bullshit I’ve ever read. He either has another family or he’s a serial killer. Either way take the money and kick him to the curb. You’re his wife and he can’t call you, but he can text. He’s cheating. Sorry

This is so unusual to me…I can’t imagine as a wife not being involved in a yearly trip to my husbands parents …for two weeks?! And then on top of that never actually meeting them. Im so sorry to even say this, but he’s absolutely hiding something from you :disappointed: this is when I would pack up the kids and give him a big surprise visit.

6 Likes

What in the actual fuck.

Shoot I wouldn’t bother speaking to him period pack my stuff and roll back to my family!

3 Likes

Are you sure it’s not a secret family he’s got?

10 Likes

I would tell him to stay gone

I’m curious how you know he’s at his parents??? Do you like 1000000% know without a doubt he’s there?

4 Likes

I’d be getting an attorney… because he ain’t coming back… and I’m sorry “his part of the rent”? No… a thousand times no…

There is so much wrong with this entire post, I can’t even… you’ve never met them in 11 years? They don’t like you? He quit his job and didn’t think to tell you first? He’s not called you but he’s texted you? Girl, get an attorney. Chances are his retirement has been withdrawn… just saying…

13 Likes

I’m so sorry. Is there any family in another state you could move to

2 Likes

Drive to his parents house and go get him. If you don’t want to do that, file for divorce. Despite what you think, he has abandoned you and your children.

3 Likes

I have a bridge to sell you. Get a cop to go with you to the address.

2 Likes

Go with your gut. Hugs

Hes leaving ya girl :pensive:

I would just show up to the parents house to get the truth or have all your stuff gone and be moved out before he comes back. This is not normal at all

6 Likes

After 11 years and having kids you still haven’t met his parents? That is strange in itself.

6 Likes

Get a lawyer now!! Remember she who files first files best!! You’re being played like a fine violin!!

2 Likes

He’s cheating for sure and seems to maybe be living a double life. Absolutely zero reason for you not to be invited. I would have gone on his yearly trip the 2nd yr for sure. Wtf!?

4 Likes

Leave the house so your not there whenever he decides to come home or change all the locks!! Do not put up with that!! Sad to say I see too many movies like this he has a double life! Kick him to the curb!!!

1 Like

Wow I would probably drive out there too. Are u sure it was his sister? I mean if he just got back from there he would already know how his dads health is.

2 Likes

Omar Fathallah Sophia Poulos share of the rent?

4 Likes

You’ve never met the parents???

2 Likes